It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN wants you afraid to fly.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I put this in skunkworks because it's obviously an interpretive opinion, but anyways. I wake up this morning, and after taking care of the morning routine, I sign on. Google is my homepage, and puts up world events, most played you tube video at the time, etc.

Get to the point? Gladly, this morning when I sign on, this is the laundry list of top news stories:

1) A Russian passenger airliner went missing Wednesday after it disappeared from radar screens over a mountainous region of Indonesia. www.cnn.com...
2) Threats halt two Southwest planes. www.cnn.com...
3) U.S. official upset over bomb plot mole leak www.cnn.com...
4) Body scanning 'woefully inadequate' abroad, experts say. www.cnn.com...

Now this caught my eye for all the obvious reasons. That, and I remember last week that there was a thread (I really did try to find it, I promise, I should've subscribed to it, and if ya'll want, you can move this over to it or something? I don't know, back to point.) where it was suggested as we get closer to the Olympics, there would be a false flag event relating to airline travel. This fear tactic was not only suppose to elevate fear (which some of us believe the nwo uses our emotional energy as part of their plot, so you can see where that could make sense), but also to continue their war on the American economy by sabotaging business and tourism through air travel.
Personally I think saucers (either alien or government made) are just flying around so much anymore and their scared spitless that too many people in the air, and you'll have to many witnesses to technology that shouldn't exist.

Do I have any real proof? Nope, that's why it's in skunkworks. But you got to admit, a suspicious line up of "top" news stories from our friends at CNN. Tell me what you think. ^.^

edit on 9-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think CNN gets a bit of a free pass because of Fox News. CNN is just as bad as Fox.

I think you are right about them trying to scare the public. Maybe TSA wants to go multi-national.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Maybe TSA wants to go multi-national.

Could be. So far, only us dumb Americans put up with TSA's type of nonsense.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Totally agree.
The public must have been getting to comfortable again, got to put the scare in them. Same with terrorism, actually the two are linked.

Must be getting ready to pass some more freedom stealing legislation. Let's see how long it takes to come up. You know they have to have a fair amount of time to prep those things, legislation does not get written overnight.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I think you are right about them trying to scare the public. Maybe TSA wants to go multi-national.

It certainly looks like it, right? I wonder how other nations would react to the TSA. If they would be like america, and while complaining the whole time, also be complying the whole time (save a very few. Or maybe they just don't tell us how much protest of the TSA takes place so we think we're all just accepting it...hmm...). Or if perhapse there are areas of the world where humans don't tolerate being treated like a criminal, or more accurately, a stripper.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Yeah. I know its not so bad in Australia and alot of Europe.

A multi-national TSA would be worth billions. If they go multi-national they can get tax payer dollars from other countries too.

I think your link to the Olympics might be right.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I think CNN gets a bit of a free pass because of Fox News. CNN is just as bad as Fox.

www.tsa.gov...

To carry out TSA's mission internationally, TSA has twenty-one TSA Representatives (TSARs) and more than 50 TSA inspectors responsible for coordinating and conducting security assessments at more than 300 foreign airports and repair stations in more than 100 different countries. TSARs serve as transportation security liaisons to these host governments in addition to the local U.S. Embassy. TSA inspectors perform onsite security assessments that focus on personnel and equipment preparedness. Through their efforts, TSA has successfully vetted all airports with direct flights into the United States.

Already there.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think you are on to something. Ramping up the old fear factor to justify the TSA reaching deep into our underwear to make sure it's not explosive.

I'm sure the security surrounding the Olympics will be used as a shining example of how to live in an oppressive police state.

As far as flying, I refuse to pay that kind of money to be treated like a criminal being checked into the county jail.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What pathetic hyperbole!

People have a completely natural fear of falling - and being packed into little aluminium or carbon fiber tubes at 30-40,000 feet with no control over your own fate IS a perfectly reasonable thing to be concerned about!

Air disasters are news because they resonate with ordinary people - there is a morbid fear of not being in control of your own destiny and falling miles out of the sky to die a fiery death

If you want to know what it is like to live in a police state try shifting to North Korea - whining about security at the Olympics is ridiculous - you are still going to have the biggest Maccer's in the world to feed you far too many calories from food farmed to the lowest cost and subsidised by taxpayers - try surviving on a Nth Korean "diet" for a month instead!

And if you think flying in airliners is like like being in a county jail try pressing your attendant call button for a drink next time you get put away!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I agree
all day on the radio, all I heard was how dangerous air travel is,
how congress needs to revisit surveillance laws later this year, etc.
I could understand how some on this site would feel the need to defend the corporations that
forecast plane threats like they do the weather.

The government and the media forecast a 10% chance of safe travel today.
No refunds on ticket changes and additional charges may apply.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: t

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Would it be better if they didn't put this in headlines? Then people would complain that they are hiding things... its a lose lose from the lazy media

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
CNN is waging economic warafre on it's customers

well, that's a new business model

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It sounds like a Capitol One credit card commercial.
Whats in your underwear?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

What pathetic hyperbole!

A fair description.

However, from personal experience flying in certain areas of the world is a tad more risky than other places, because not all airlines and crew are operating to the highest standards.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What pathetic hyperbole!

People have a completely natural fear of falling - and being packed into little aluminium or carbon fiber tubes at 30-40,000 feet with no control over your own fate IS a perfectly reasonable thing to be concerned about!

Air disasters are news because they resonate with ordinary people - there is a morbid fear of not being in control of your own destiny and falling miles out of the sky to die a fiery death

I'll give you all of that with a simple counter, why were these all four the top stories of the day when I woke up and took my first sip of joe?
edit on 9-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: the bottom half seemed... I don't know, I cut it...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Would it be better if they didn't put this in headlines? Then people would complain that they are hiding things... its a lose lose from the lazy media

Not saying it's not news, I just thought it was an interesting coincidence that they were my top four for my morning paper read so to speak. Don't you think there was something else in the world more important than the underwear bomber? I mean, that's pretty old stuff, in the age of instant information. Surely the odds of all four stories being related to air travel as the top news now was a bit strange, right? I don't know... I thought enough to post a thread on it.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
CNN is waging economic warafre on it's customers

well, that's a new business model

Keep them infront of the tv scared instread of traveling the world to see it for what it is? Hmmm....seems like a brillant buisness model to me. Just sayin'.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi

What pathetic hyperbole!

I'll give you all of that with a simple counter, why were these all four the top stories of the day when I woke up and took my first sip of joe?

how is that a "counter" to anything I posted??

Maybe they all became "news" overnight while you see asleep - I'm in the south Pacific - they weren't all suddenly the news when I woke up!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
A lot of times people who fly don't complain because they are going on business and don't want to lose that job interview that they so desperately need. I would have complained, but I really needed to make the flight for my job interview ya know..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

how is that a "counter" to anything I posted??

Maybe they all became "news" overnight while you see asleep - I'm in the south Pacific - they weren't all suddenly the news when I woke up!

Your location states the truth. They are aiming towards people were I live. The US. They want us to sit and watch that tv. not see the world and what's going on. I can sell you products through the tv. Watch me. Be scared. Don't travel, it's not safe. No, only in your home, in front of that boob tube are you safe. We'll tell you where it's safe to be. We'll tell you what it's safe to eat. Etc. Etc.
How is that a counter? Because you don't see it for what it is. There's just no way man, all four?
I get you're playing devil advocate, So, I'll leave it at this I suppose. It's why I put it in skunk works, it's why I said it's just a thought and didn't place it in a forum that suggest I had some absolute evidence.
It's a conspiracy thought on a conspiracy thread.
Honestly, I thought that this is what ATS was about. If you saw something that you thought, "hmm, that doesn't feel right." you share that thought with a community of people that have the intelligence to offer an open view.
To that, I thank you, as this is exactly what you've done. I don't agree with you're position, but I'm glad you took the time to share your view.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: i put boop tube instead of boob tube...I don't know what a boop is...

top topics

join