It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone here like Bush as your President?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I was a republican follower until bush invaded Iraq, right now he is not the one I will vote for, perhaps next elections if somebody with better brains comes around I may switch back.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm going to blaim George Bush for the descent of the dotcom era since he's not only stupid but also intrepidly boring. I'm inclined to think everybody else in the world is sick and tired of a United States of America becoming increasingly irrelevant and becoming akin to the Japanese state, a nation of outdated decision making. The U.S. was once the "Wonders of the World Central", so to speak, and has suddenly decided to discontinue its impressive series of hits. George Bush, unfortunately, has decided to spearhead a campaign for purely economic means and in doing so is making the exact same mistakes as Great Britain did in the years leading up to World War I. China isn't at all shy to reclaim its lost glory and has so far made all the right moves.

Every empire has its downfall but I find it a little absurd for the U.S. to fall so soon while still in its infancy.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by risitar]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Good posts...

I have a question for some of the "older" (no offense haha) members here...If i recall correctly, in 1992 didn't Ross Perot take part in the debates too, along w/ Bush Sr. and Clinton? I was so young at the time i didn't watch them nor understand what was going on, but i just wonder if they were more interesting (or chaotic) than 2 man debates??

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Apologies for not just printing the link, but everyone should read this before voting!

George W. Bush's Resume

By: Kelley Kramer - 04/25/03
George W. Bush Resume

Past work experience:

Ran for congress and lost.
Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.
Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using tax-payer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.
With fathers help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.
Accomplishments: Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.
Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as president:

Attacked and took over two countries.
Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.
Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.
In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.
Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.
Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.
Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind. (www.hyperreal.org...)
Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.
Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleeza Rice has an Chevron oil tanker named after her).
First president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
First president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.
First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.
First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.
Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
Withdrew from the World Court of Law.
Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).
All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.
First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
First US president to establish a secret shadow government.
Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
With a policy of 'dis-engagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
First US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'.
Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.
In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.
Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.
Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.
Records and References:

At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).
AWOL from National Guard and Deserted the military during a time of war.
Refused to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.
All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.
All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.
Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public review.
For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker (They can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.)

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Captavatar

That's quite a list you have there. But this hasn't really been a "normal" presidency. 9/11 changed the world, and changed the Presidential office too, for better or for worse. Nobody could've prepared for what happened that day, and almost everything on your list stems from the 9/11 attacks. No pres. since FDR has had to deal w/ something like that. But Pearl Harbor was different, we knew the enemy, and could defeat the enemy. The war on terror is different. Therefore you MUST look at Bush's presidency differently than any other.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
These lists make me sick....most of those economical results were from the previous administration......

How about adding presided over one of the most mild recessions in history, largest tax cut in history, made up for the Clinton neglect of the military for 8 years, added the methods of proetcting the USA from a ballistic missle attack, made it ok to say Christ in public again, brought respect to the postion of president after 8 years of being a laughing stock

and for a final tally............Pissed off the liberals in this country more than any man in history, even Reagan cant claim that one.....

Yup , he has my vote on that one alone......Cheers and be glad he will be relected, at least your children will understand it in 20 years...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Kerry is a well meaning boob. Bush is a dangerous boob. I can't believe in a country of almost 300 million people it's come down to these two for supreme leader of the free world. Give me a break. I think everyone should write in the name of someone we know and would trust with our life. If enough of us knew the same person we would end up with a good president.
I'll vote and I'll vote for change-Kerry. But I won't like it and fully well expect the antiquated college electoral system to be freakin' mess again.

doctorduh

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

and for a final tally............Pissed off the liberals in this country more than any man in history, even Reagan cant claim that one.....

Yup , he has my vote on that one alone......Cheers and be glad he will be relected, at least your children will understand it in 20 years...

That's one of the main reasons I hate Bushies (you only support him out of spite)...I'm no democrat, I'm independent, and before the neo-cons, I used to call myself a Republican, but was always registered independent.

But it's people like you that makes me hope and pray Bush loses, so I can post "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA" on Nov. 3.

That's the only reason I want Kerry to win...

P.S. Actually, that's not the only reason...the other reason is because Bush is a ******* moron.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226

P.S. Actually, that's not the only reason...the other reason is because Bush is a ******* moron.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by cstyle226]

And you know this because you have actually talked with him right?
I do not vote from spite, I am a independant so there! I am voting for him becuase he is consistant and has the balls needed in his position. We do not need French endorsement to do squat.

And it is becuase of folks like you that I am voting for him and I will be laughing at you after the election....

Here is another prediction.........and another reason I will vote for him.

He can not run again, Cheney has no desire to run, therfore lame duck...

know what that means? That means the "gloves" come off, and we do remember who was there to help us...

You need to quit getting your info from the lopsided press, talk to someone who actually 'knows" Bush. He aint stupid! Then again those of the conservative mind must not be in your peer group...

anyhow.......Bush will win!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i'm also a newb

VETERANS FOR BUSH!!

i feel that Kerry is just giving people who hate Bush an option to vote for someone other than Bush. i think Bush is the better man.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Actually, I don't think that 90% of the members are anti Bush, the thing is that many members repeat posts bashing Bush, trying to find something to swing the vote towards Kerry, but they keepdigging their own grave.

I am a Republican, and althou i don't agree 100% with all of Bush views, i know he is the right president. i couldn't go democrat no matter what...i think them democrats trying to ban all weapons is a sign of trying to weaken America, and it is one of the steps dictators take before taking over a country.

That and the fact that Clinton sold military equipment, American military bases, and made sure the Panama Canal went to the Chinese before he left office...not only that but everyone is forgetting the scandal on the lower security Clinton achieved and allowed the Chinese to steal other military secrets.....and now Kerry......who seems to have been/and continue to be good friends with communists and other dictators, he also does not seem to want to say what he really stands for...which in itself is suspicious, all this is telling me republican is the right party to stand by.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by risitar
China isn't at all shy to reclaim its lost glory and has so far made all the right moves.

Oh i see....so the Tiananmen Square was alright in your eyes...yeah, perhaps we should do the same here, just bring out some tanks and squash those liberals once and for all huh? You think that kind of mentality is finished in China? uh uh, nope, you can see the Chinese government hasn't changed much, they want to invade Taiwan, a country that was never theirs, and even if it was they signed a treaty with Japan where they gave Taiwan forever to the Japanese. Still the Chinese don't seem to care about their word and they are going ahead trying to invade Taiwan.

so china is doing all the right moves huh?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Actually, I don't think that 90% of the members are anti Bush, the thing is that many members repeat posts bashing Bush, trying to find something to swing the vote towards Kerry, but they keepdigging their own grave

You realize George was Head Cheerleader in an all-boy highschool right?

With that in mind...PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out the "George Bush action figure" in the following link:

www.probush.com...

Then ask yourself: is this an accurate depiction of a male cheerleader??!

hahahahahaha

[edit on 29-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by risitar
China isn't at all shy to reclaim its lost glory and has so far made all the right moves.

they want to invade Taiwan, a country that was never theirs,

Um, actually Taiwan and China were one country for many many years. Taiwan is the country the Khoumentang retreated to after defeat by the communists during the Chinese revolution.

China underwent a lot of # at the hands of foreign countries, and the essential takeover of many parts of China by Japan was the straw that broke the peasants back and triggered the final revolution. Regardless of other opinions about China, the country hasn't been invaded since.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a .357 Magnum and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer: Well that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer: BANG!

Only later do you find out that this was a local butcher that had cut off his thumb, and was running to the hospital.

You are now a convicted Felon, and luckily no longer allowed to vote, carry a gun, or have freedom from such things as the patriot act.

Is the butcher black or white?

I'm a reluctant voter for Bush. If you care to read my reasons, follow this link to a different thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and scroll down to my user name.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

The more I read though, the more I could see myself becoming a Libertarian... I love the "live-let live" mindset they have towards government restrictions on citizens, Unfortunatly, I will never vote for them as long as they have no chance at winning. In reality, I would be throwing my vote away if I did this, and I can't stand Democratic beliefs so much that I could not allow my vote to not go towards a more conservative person.

Super!

It's exactly an attitude like that which will keep us ensnared in this "one party thinly disguised as two party" system. Voting for someone you like is not only a vote for your conscience but it also promotes future diversity in the political arena.

You know, you kind of sound like my uncle. He's one of those guys who, when he is watching a football game with friends, cheers for the team that happens to be winning at the moment. He's pretty transparent.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

And you know this because you have actually talked with him right?

Ahh, and I suppose you regularly have tea with GW in the rose garden? Didn't think so . . .

Rant Begins, I apologize up front . . .

I am a Republican who believes in fiscal conservatism and small government that stays out of my business. I am a Republican who thinks that strong, well informed and smart leadership is vital at all times. I am a Republican that thinks there is more than one solution to any problem and they should all be considered seriously before taking action. I am a Republican who thinks that GWB (who has an IQ of 98 BTW) is regularly spoon fed his opinions by neocons who have been pushing the current policies since the Reagan administration, who stopped listening to them (Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, et al) after Iran-Contra. (PLEASE, don't compare GWB to Reagan!!! Reagan is in a league all his own as far as foreign policy is concerned) 9/11 doesn't change a damned thing, but it did give the neocons the opportunity they have been waiting for to cement their radical policies and put them into practice.

I am a Christian who believes in a secular United States of America that reveres the Constitution and protects freedom for all. I want a government by and for the people (all the people) and isn't so highly influenced by the Christian Coalition. Did you know that certain Christian Right organizations meet with the prez regularly and are committed to causing conflict in the Middle East that would hasten biblical prophecy and therefore the Rapture so they can get into Heaven and look down on all of us non-born-agains? GWB thinks he is the right hand of God, and this is scary. I don't remember any time when it wasn't OK to talk about Christ. It is ironic that we are battling religous fundamental terrorists while in some ways becoming a nation of religous fundamentalists ourselves.

We are the world's only remaining superpower, that is until China ascends to that status in the next 10-20 years or so. We have old, imiportant alliances and can't just throw them away if we are to keep China in check. You are right, the US doesn't need France's permission to do anything, that doesn't mean we should piss off most of the first world just because we can.

Rant over, pass the cold towel.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by CaptAvatar]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorduh
Kerry is a well meaning boob. Bush is a dangerous boob. I can't believe in a country of almost 300 million people it's come down to these two for supreme leader of the free world. Give me a break. I think everyone should write in the name of someone we know and would trust with our life. If enough of us knew the same person we would end up with a good president.

Truer words have never been spoken my friend!

Now, as far as the original question...I think you will find many more Conservatives on this site than you think. I actually think we could do with a few more of them though...just to balance things out a bit more...a little friendly competition. Conservatives generally don't bug me too much except for certain one's that believe "their way or the highway", whose numbers seem to be increasing more and more within the past 4 years (for some mysterious reason :@@
. It is those Conservatives and Liberals that will not change their minds about anything that really get under my skin, because they refuse to, so to say, "walk in anothers shoes for awhile."

I'm definitely a Liberal, if that is a term that means what I think it means, and I think my signature says a lot about what I believe...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join