It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - Land of the not so free.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sorry my US cousins but life in the states seems to be getting a bit less like the American dream, more like the American nightmare.

Seriously do you check the threat level everyday or only when you travel?

When Bush wins the next election - come on you know he will.

A draft - Get the tanning lotion out guys.

Patriot Act 2 - Interesting.

And travel restrictions to most countries - Americans are targets after all. [fortress America]

and i could go on with the doom and gloom maybe you guys should get someone a horse and start him riding shouting 'Bush is coming' maybe its time for the Washington tea party

On the other hand this is dribble - and your going to tell me why - aren't you?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Going into the election season I have to ask myself just one simple question, why is it that everyone hates Bush? He has done more for this country than we could have ever expected. People have been bashing him ever since we first set foot in Iraq. That being said, I have compiled some facts about the Iraqi war,

There were 39 combat related killings
in Iraq during the month of January.....
In the fair city of Detroit there were
35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city,
about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

There are some that claim President Bush shouldn't
have started this war, so ponder this...

FDR...
led us into World War II.
Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...
finished that war and started one in Korea,
North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,
an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...
started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...
turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year

Clinton...
went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,
Bosnia never attacked us.
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter
three times by Sudan and did nothing.
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us
President Bush has ...
liberated two countries,
crushed the Taliban,
crippled al-Qaida,
put nuclear inspectors in Libya,
Iran and North Korea
without firing a shot,
and captured a terrorist who slaughtered
300,000 of his own people.

Democrats are complaining
about how long the war is taking, but..
It took less time to take Iraq
than it took Janet Reno to take the
Branch Davidian compound !
That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of
chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time than it took Hillary Clinton to
find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took ! less tim e for the 3rd Infantry Division
and the Marines to destroy the Medina
Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to
call the police after his Oldsmobile
sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took
to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB!
The Military moral is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

Now after going over all these FACTS, I simply ask once again, Why is it that everybody is against Bush?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Oh so when other presidents go to war its 'attacking', but when bush does it its 'liberating'... and he may have crippled al-qaeda, but now there are hundreds of new terror groups which are sympathy cells for al-qaeda and there were 3 times more terror attacks around the world since 9/11 than there were preceding it...

The inspecters in Libya weren't bush, it was Gaddafi and his imfamous irratic (sp?) behaviour... As for Iran and Nth Korea... have you read the news how Nth Korea may have up to 8 new nuclear bombs... no?

DO SOME READING

and the last i heard Iran is still enriching plutonium to a level that could be used for weapons (the debate is still open to whether it is for weapons or if its for nuclear power)

And as for the time it took to take Iraq... how can you judge that since Iraq is still not in control... Your president may have said the war was over in may 2003... but if you look at the facts, the war is still going... its not against Saddam and his Army, its against the Iraqi people... you know the people he 'liberated'...

And you forgot to mention how bush has spent all your nations money and put your country into debt... alot of it... and of course when the economy collapses because of this, it'll be the ext guys fault... not bushes... all he did was 'liberate' the money he spent right?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
America - Land of the not so free.
At first I that was just bush bashing but it may be a culture.
WHEATON, Maryland (AP) -- A pregnant woman said she was handcuffed by transit police and forced to lie on her stomach during an arrest that began with her talking too loudly on her cell phone.
Loud c-phone call leads to pregnant woman's arrest
Isnt this wrongful arest?
What crime did she commit?
For the record I dont live in the USA.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kylet383
Going into the election season I have to ask myself just one simple question, why is it that everyone hates Bush? He has done more for this country than we could have ever expected. People have been bashing him ever since we first set foot in Iraq. That being said, I have compiled some facts about the Iraqi war,

There are some that claim President Bush shouldn't
have started this war, so ponder this...

FDR...
led us into World War II.
Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...
finished that war and started one in Korea,
North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,
an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...
started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...
turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year

Clinton...

President Bush has ...
liberated two countries,
crushed the Taliban,
crippled al-Qaida,
Iran and North Korea
without firing a shot,

Democrats are complaining
about how long the war is taking, but..
It took less time to take Iraq
than it took Janet Reno to take the
Branch Davidian compound !
That was a 51 day operation.

sank at Chappaquiddick.

Now after going over all these FACTS, I simply ask once again, Why is it that everybody is against Bush?

Only thing is, you don�t have Iraq! Your troops live in heavily guarded forts in Iraq and don�t dare walk the streets in most places without the backup of big armour. You�re a total puppet, but then again, life does feel safer with those little strings.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by SiCkBoY]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Somehow I doubt that. Many soldiers WANT to come home, but arent being rorated out yet. There are supply drives all over the place for simple things that the soldiers need but arent having provided by the army that wants them to die for them (gauze and band-aids for goodness sake!) And lets not forget the disgrace upon both the military and our country as a whole that took place at Abu Gharab(sp?) I'm sure those all make them comfortable at night as they wonder if they will die the next day in some alley in a country far away from their familes, and all thanks to some intel that was of questionable quality and origins. Would YOU be pleased to be in their boots? Would you come home and vote for Bush again knowing he could send your family and family off to take your place once you get shipped home in a bag?

...but yeah, thats high morale for you, if you believe that I have some great property in arizona to sell you complete with your own private bay!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No one is defending the USA here where are the patriots?

Maybe we brits should have kept control oops i forgot we did the NWO and the bluebloods. God save our gracious queen....................

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

Maybe we brits should have kept control oops i forgot we did the NWO and the bluebloods. God save our gracious queen....................

First, let me say that I'm no fan of the Bush...BUT:

Regarding whether or not we should have gone into Iraq; there were intelligence reports from nations other than the US and including the CIA which were clear that Saddam Hussien had weapns of mass destruction. While the "threat" may not have been immediate, the histrical context of Saddam's propensity to use them on his own people and attack his neighbors (remember Kuwait) made the threat more urgent.

Assume, for a moment, that Bush ignored the intelligence and subsequently Iraq attacked any of our "allies" using NBC weaponry. That would have been an impeachable offense for Bush and certainly for any other nation's leadership who decided not to act. This is a risk that Bush couldn't take. The threats of terrorisn have been around for many years and Saddam Hussein was an integral of that threat since he would have no problems providing this material to terrorists.

Saddam continuously thumbed his nose at the UN and the resolutions it made against Iraq. The UN's apparent impotence in matters of national security makes them, in my view, illigetimate as we can't count on them to grow teeth against the dangers that we currently face. Realizing this, Bush acted decisively by getting rid of Saddam Hussein. And now we're fully engaged in the fight against terrorism. ANY nation who doesn't support this fight materially will eventually become a target for these extremists. Just look at France as an example: Simply for restricting Muslims from wearing head scarfs, the extremists have decided to include France in their list of appostate countries and therefore intend to act against them.

These bastards want an islamic controlled WORLD, not nation, and have therefore moved in virtually every corner of the globe to achieve that goal. Any nation's leader who deosn't realize this very fact is certainly derelict in his duties.

As I said; I'm no fan of bush. His domestic policies are abysmal. But domestic policies don't mean # if there are terrorists who are willing to cut the heads off innocent civillians, rape/kill your women and murder your children for no reason other than because you don't follow the teachings of Islam. Bush has been decisive throughut this battle and changing the US administration at this time would negatively effect the continuity of this fight.

And if I have to TEMPORARILY waive some rights and liberties to assist in the fight against terrorism--then so be it!!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Big W is a coc aine sniffing madman? Seem to be lots of talk on his personal habits and medical condition.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
America was designed by those who have and couldn't make it in europe (need blue blood to do that) to be a little serfdom under the pretense that it is somesort of peoples paradise. They then spread rumours of how lovely it was, and for some it WAS actually better that what they had, but the bottom line was to import labour and have them work under profitable (read appaling) conditions.

The US is a menagerie to the elite, its their little private zoo full of sheepl doing exactly as they are told.

[edit on 1/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
unbelievable! you've so mistaken its all wrong

AND THATS A GOOD THING?? thats just one US City!! thats terrible and that really says a lot about the US in general!!

in the world, the US is rated at number 24 in the number of murders!! Iraq isn't even mentioned in the list!!

what about civilian deaths in iraq?

rough estimate of at least 1500 a month! thats 52 times more than detroit

whats the point you're trying to make about deaths from WWII to yugoslavia???

Clinton...

so what! so did bush with iraq and iraq never attacked you either

the most devastating of which happened while bush was president! they were even warned it was going to happen!!

President Bush has ...
liberated two countries,
crushed the Taliban,
crippled al-Qaida,
Iran and North Korea
without firing a shot,

hardly... the taliban & al queda plus numerous other new terrorist groups are still in afganistan and the US have not been able to find them!

Al Queda is as strong as ever and the world is a far more dangerous place now than 4 years ago. his actions have created thousands of new terrorist groups .

there were nuclear inspector in NK while clinton was president? and they had adbandoned their nuclear program until the republi#s f'd everthing up. there are not any inspectors in Iran since the Iraq war!

well if we are seeing how many people have been killed by saddam lets have a look at how many have been killed by US sanctions?

500,000 children died due to sanctions 500 THOUSAND!!

RUMSFELD SOLD THEM TO SADDAM IN THE FIRST PLACE

sank at Chappaquiddick.

not really surprising considering that iraq was bombed daily for 12 years

but you haven't! vast areas of iraq are no go areas for US troops and it is lawless and extremely dangerous

go to iraq and ask them and I think you will change you mind about that!

the only media bias is to the right! the worlds media is controlled by 5 companies all right wing to some degree or other.

these are the TRUE FACTS

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

President Bush has ...
liberated two countries,

You can't "liberate" when you weren't invited. We invaded two countries. I agree that invading Afghanistan was just, and agree with deposing Saddam, but I don't agree with the method used by Bush. Not to mention, active fighting is still occuring in BOTH countries. This is a partial success, at best...

crushed the Taliban,

If this were true, there'd be no more fighting in Afghanistan.

crippled al-Qaida,

Just the opposite. They are now fighting out in the open, in Iraq, and Afghanistan, and gaining new followers due to the occupation. Not to mention, the numero uno guy in charge remains at large.

Khaddafi was no longer a threat. He lost plenty of family members due to US missiles, and had lost his taste for terrorism. This is a TINY feather in Dubya's cap...and I do mean tiny.

Iran and North Korea without firing a shot

Is that why both of them are no loudly touting nukes? With NK stating they have them operational! Woo hoo! Way to go Shrub!

About the only success to come out of all of this.

Going into the election season I have to ask myself just one simple question, why is it that everyone hates Bush?

He is responsible for Americans going from being respected in the world, to being reviled.

He has gotten us into a guerrilla war in two different nations, where there is likely never going to be peace.

While the rest of the planes were grounded after 911, his Saudi buddies were whisked away home...leaving MANY unanswered questions.

His efforts at security have resulted in infringing on our freedoms, and threatens to only increase in this as time goes on.

He's inarticulate, and seems to have the mind of a child, yet is our representative to the world? (you can drop the Ivy League grad argument, as it's obvious his degree was bought and paid for....either that or Harvard's standards are less than that of most middle schools, which I doubt...
)

He lied to the world, and the American people and fought a war based on these lies. While he can blame it on poor intelligence, if the intelligence wasn't concrete, then you can't expect to use it as your basis.

He alienated long trusted allies.

Just when we were building more ties in the middle east, in a fell swoop, he severed those ties, and put even more distance between us and those who were solwly coming around.

The idiocy that is the Bush Administration, needs to be stopped. A Kerry Administration has it's own scares....but frankly, as always it seems, we're faced with going with a lesser of two evils. I'd love for a third to come to the forefront (Badnarik), but given the fact that he's failed to get the American public to notice him (I bet 9 out of 10 people on the street wouldn't have a clue who he is)...he's not a viable choice.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGodWhen Bush wins the next election - come on you know he will.

A draft - Get the tanning lotion out guys.

For the record if you are talking about the "draft bill"- it's not an actual draft, the title is misleading. It is a two year mandatory service for ALL citizens 18-26.

It is also sponsored by Democrats, and Bush is a republican. He has nothing to do with it and has kept stating he doesn't plan on having a draft. It has also been sitting about collecting dust for a few years because nobody agrees with it.

So there are no plans, or signs of a plan, to that effect.

Not that I think this is better, but it irks me when people don't read through it and call it a draft.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
um..........sounds like a draft to me if it is mandatory!

oxford english dictionary definition:

draft

� noun 1 a preliminary version of a piece of writing. 2 a plan or sketch. 3 a written order to pay a specified sum. 4 (the draft) chiefly US compulsory recruitment for military service. 5 US spelling of DRAUGHT.

� verb 1 prepare a preliminary version of (a text). 2 select (a person or group) and bring them somewhere for a purpose. 3 US conscript for military service.

dictionary.com :

draft

The process or method of selecting one or more individuals from a group, as for a service or duty: a candidate who did not pursue the nomination, but accepted a draft by the party convention.
Compulsory enrollment in the armed forces; conscription.
A body of people selected or conscripted.
Sports. A system in which the exclusive rights to new players are distributed among professional teams.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It is a two year mandatory service for ALL citizens 18-26.

As mentioned above, it is the very DEFINITION of a draft. You would be FORCED to serve in the military. In what way is that NOT a draft???

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
All those concentration camps sitting there empty waiting for who?

Why is it i feel this election will be americas most important in history of the world!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The word draft suggests to people their names get entered and some randomly get selected out. In the definition, it also implies something similar.
It is more than just a "process or method of selecting one or more individuals from a group" It is a process of selecting an entire generation.

To me it is a little more personal, that is almost everyone I know and am friends with, but I suppose if that group doesn't include you it would seem more like how people view a draft.

It's just that people are going to hear "draft" and hope they don't get picked, but NOBODY gets that luxury, it is everyone within the age limits.

So it is different from the usage of the word draft in that way.

Draft=mandatory for some... that bill- mandatory for ALL.

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
um..........sounds like a draft to me if it is mandatory!

oxford english dictionary definition:

draft

� verb 1 prepare a preliminary version of (a text). 2 select (a person or group) and bring them somewhere for a purpose. 3 US conscript for military service.

dictionary.com :

draft

The process or method of selecting one or more individuals from a group, as for a service or duty: a candidate who did not pursue the nomination, but accepted a draft by the party convention.
Compulsory enrollment in the armed forces; conscription.
A body of people selected or conscripted.
Sports. A system in which the exclusive rights to new players are distributed among professional teams.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

Way Above, Nice One bigin!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
YOU FU***** PU**IES .. youa re rediculous. "We attacked AL-Quaeda and now everyone else is coming. Aren't we done now." ... Well Nope you Idiot we aren't done Bush realizes that if he does what we have been doing chase down this guy, then chase down this guy. Why not # em all and tell them to come to us for once. Hey that is what they are doing. We are killling all the terrorist with our ARMY !!! Instead of our people taking the hits. How horrid is that. We have them so scattered out that they haven't pulled another BS stunt liek 9/11 in three years. You think that they planned 9/11 then three years later they planned everything to be like it is. WELL YOU CAN SAY YES ...then you can go kill yourself b/c you are lying to to yourself and if you are lying to yourself what good are you to me? PEACE

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
YOU FU***** PU**IES .. youa re rediculous. "We attacked AL-Quaeda and now everyone else is coming. Aren't we done now." ... Well Nope you Idiot we aren't done Bush realizes that if he does what we have been doing chase down this guy, then chase down this guy. Why not # em all and tell them to come to us for once. Hey that is what they are doing. We are killling all the terrorist with our ARMY !!! Instead of our people taking the hits. How horrid is that. We have them so scattered out that they haven't pulled another BS stunt liek 9/11 in three years. You think that they planned 9/11 then three years later they planned everything to be like it is. WELL YOU CAN SAY YES ...then you can go kill yourself b/c you are lying to to yourself and if you are lying to yourself what good are you to me? PEACE

Although whats your point? I think you'll find we (UK) helped a bit. In afghanistan, Iraq, etc. But in all honesty we are only there keeping an eye on you lot

Oh say c

top topics

<<   2 >>

join