It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sumerian 'Stargates'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

The Equinox the ecliptic plane intersecting with the Milky Way is the line that divides subconscious and consciousness. They wanted to know where this line was as al times as their technology was built to carry out Lucid Dreaming.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

The Nibiru cross had the same connotations in Sumeria then, as it simply denoted centre, whether in a cosmological sense were it was seen as delineating the Southern and Northern hemispheres and East West crossing point, or the central city of the land, the capital.

In Templar tradition that's Jerusalem of course and it's Heavenly counterpart.

The Sumerian star-gates are positions upon the horizon were stars and planets literally are seen to pass through in their risings and settings, but also by association Deities and all aspects of the spiritual, including passage within the afterlife cult for deceased souls.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The Sumerian star-gates are positions upon the horizon were stars and planets literally are seen to pass through in their risings and settings, but also by association Deities and all aspects of the spiritual, including passage within the afterlife cult for deceased souls.

The following quotes are all wiki sourced.
en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

In folk magic and mythology, crossroads may represent a location "between the worlds" and, as such, a site where supernatural spirits can be contacted and paranormal events can take place. Symbolically, it can mean a locality where two realms touch and therefore represents liminality, a place literally "neither here nor there", "betwixt and between".

Yes this seemed to survive in some African and African American spiritual, practices of the cross roads

In conjure, rootwork, and hoodoo, a form of African American magical spirituality, in order to acquire facility at various manual and body skills, such as playing a musical instrument, throwing dice, or dancing, one may attend upon a crossroads a certain number of times, either at midnight or just before dawn, and one will meet a "black man," whom some call the Devil, who will bestow upon one the desired skills. In the Vodou tradition, Papa Legba is the lwa of crossroads

Below in England it also had some spiritual basis.

In the UK there was a tradition of burying at crossroads criminals and suicides. This may have been due to the crossroads marking the boundaries of the settlement coupled with a desire to bury those outside of the law outside the settlement, or that the many roads would confuse the dead

We are not far removed from what the ancients thought after all.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

Thanks, questions or criticisms always welcome.

I'll take you up on that.

What would the Sumerians have thought of the winter solstice lunar eclipse of 2010?

edit on 3-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I couldn't really say...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Fair enough.

What do you think of it?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I had a look at it in stellarium, and yes it's wonderful, as the Sun rises in the Scorpio gate the moon is setting and eclipsed in the Taurus gate, it is the sort of thing one could make a lot of in astrological terms...

I had to take the screen shot just after the alignment to show the moon as it dissapears during the eclipse, label and all...as to an interpretation, perhaps faith no more, the moon is eclipsed and enters into the underworld as the sun rises pre-eminent, but that would be a little simplistic.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

So, the moon underwent a death-and-resurrection, so to speak, via the Silver gate - the Gate of Men?

edit on 4-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Its eclipse occurs as its setting beneath the horizon, so it's return wouldn't have been observed (until the following evening), given also that the sun is rising.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Its eclipse occurs as its setting beneath the horizon, so it's return wouldn't have been observed (until the following evening), given also that the sun is rising.

So the moon was in the underworld for an extended period of time? Maybe a period that is a multiple of three?

Or maybe its still there?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

When the sun is eclipsed by the moon this can be taken to represent that faith can overcome reason, the triumph of the spirit and soul, when the Earth eclipses the moon this can be taken that mans physical instincts can overcome his spiritual aspirations, a trinity of sorts.

Perhaps then an omen for an age of reason, in balance with the physical instincts and the moon taken out of the equation, which is why i suggested a sign of faith no more...but maybe i don't do astrology well.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Then maybe the solstice eclipse heralds a climax to the age of reason and rationalism... which began roughly halfway through the age of Pisces, correct? When the second fish began to gain prominence in the sky?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yes possibly, it certainly wouldn't mark any sort of begining for an age of reason and humanism, we're well past that as you suggest, the question then i suppose is what comes next...following it's finest hour.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
The sumerians were not very good drawers

You might have a point, i mean look at the Anunna building the ziggurat, makes them look like they'd be hundreds of feet tall or something, but then again...

To be fair though the Sumerians specialized in making fantastical costume jewellery for their ladies;

First off, excellent thread! The amount of information is massive and I haven't read all of it, but I will! S&F from me.

Looking at this picture above and many similar ones, I wonder if there's an explanation for the way the faces are drawn. I've never been able to find much information on that. Why the hollowed out heads (that's what they remind me of)?

On a more philosophical note: how is it possible that human beings are now much better at drawing what they see? I mean, some people can't draw at all, but others have a natural talent for drawing anything they see quite realistically. Why weren't there people like that in ancient times or even in the middle ages? Could it be related to evolution of intelligence or physical skills?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RationalDespair

There is suggestion from Egypt that indicates the wearing of cultic bird masks, and there are found plenty of bird headed anthropomorphic figures from the near East

www.etsy.com...

So this could indicate bird features, or they may just be crudely drawn, it is a question of scale with these tiny seals, though sometimes the depictions are of quite good quality, generally this is better found in larger works.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Yes possibly, it certainly wouldn't mark any sort of begining for an age of reason and humanism, we're well past that as you suggest, the question then i suppose is what comes next...following it's finest hour.

Suppose that Christ is the first fish of Pisces and the anti-Christ is the second fish. The second fish gained slight prominence in the sky halfway through the age of Pisces... at that moment the anti-Christ's age of reason and science was born... and faith began to weaken.

People think the anti-Christ is a person...nope. It's the second half of Pisces.

Then a stargate opened on the winter solstice eclipse, and faith exited the stage.

Perhaps that stargate opening marked the beginning of a short period when the power of the anti-Christ is at its zenith. Three years? Seven?

When does the moon emerge from the underworld?

Perhaps it did emerge already on the 2012 solstice?

/shrug

What comes next can only be a paradigm shift that sets the stage for the next platonic month. Aquarius.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

See - you can do it.
I love it when you get going!

A

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Came across this cyclinder seal i hadn't seen before;

www.metmuseum.org...

As far as Sumerian stargates go that one has it all, combining elements not normally seen together, the arc, the ziggurat, and the opening.

edit on 9-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This is a very interesting golden (I suppose?) artifact Kantzveldt.

Could you please tell me it's name, origin + location (as far as you know it) so that I can research it some more?
Or a direct link to it?

A

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ansar

I just saw it here, deserves to be better known as i haven't seen it before;

pinterest.com...

Winged Deity, maybe Assur or Bel Marduk emerging from winged solar disc above bull of Heaven with solar in absentia...bring forth the stargate!!!

In fact make that a double order...

edit on 10-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join