It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Nugent Declares ‘I Will Either Be Dead or in Jail’ if Obama Is Re-elected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ted's doing a good job of speaking to his Demoraphic here. And it will generate exactly the kind of response he is hoping for. Free Publicity!

Ted Nugent is hitting the pavement for GOP president hopeful Mitt Romney. The rocker called for attendees of the National Rifle Association’s convention to go out and recruit thousands of people to vote for Romney in the coming election. Nugent said, ”Our government is wiping its a– with the Constitution.” During an on-site interview, he also told the crowd, ”We’ve got four Supreme Court justices who don’t believe in the Constitution.

Does everybody here know that four of the Supreme Court justices not only determined you don’t have the right to keep and bear arms, four Supreme Court justices signed their name to a declaration that Americans have no fundamental right to self-defense? That sounds like a stoned hippie. That doesn’t sound like a Supreme Court anything.” The musician went on to say: ”If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.” A representative for Nugent didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment

blogs.wsj.com...
edit on 17-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/17/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Formatting.

Edited to add:

www.rawstory.com...

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
One of the things that's funny about this to me, and why i put it in 'madness' is because he's stumping for ROMNEY!

I mean, if you are really concerned about the Constitution, why the hell would you go out and shill for a bought-and-paid for replica of Obama?

Not to mention the idiotic fake bravado of implying he would die or be jailed fighting Obama. I mean, this is why people say your only objection to Obama is race. Because you are perfectly willing to vote for white Obama (Romney) whose policies are basically the same.

MADNESS!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Obotics in action.

"They are both the same so just keep the turd you have"

How about.....no turds.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Nugent has a decent message, albeit a hateful one, but it is one that has enough support.

My only problem is why in the hell he would support Romney? If he hates Obama this dramatically, how can he also support Romney at the same time?

If he wanted to make sense, and be consistent in his view, he would support Ron Paul, but I guess I should just thank my lucky stars that he isn't, because that would only destroy any credibility RP has.

This only helps Obama in the long run. The majority of people that support Romney are the same people that support Obama, and with the race card thrown in the mix, Obama wins hands down. There are some, like Nugent, that will vote anti-Obama no matter what, but they aren't enough to defeat him.

I blame the education system. If people had better listening skills, and reading comprehension skills, and math skills, then maybe they could see that the only significantly different contender left in the race is Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yeah pretty ironic, IMHO as well. Though Obama has been the best thing to happen to American gun manufacturers and sellers in my lifetime, I can't think of any serious anti-gun legislation he's signed into law. Romney, however did sign one of the most restrictive weapons ban in the country as governor of Massachusetts. If you're a single issue voter and that single issue is guns, you don't have a candidate this election. Pretty damn funny that gun-nut-in-chief Ted Nugent supports Romney. Our choices this election cycle are so bad that it would be funny if it weren't so damn scary.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Obotics in action.

How about.....no turds.

You seem mistaken as to the nature of my critique.

Yes, no turds would be great. But if you are going to posture like Obama is such a threat to your liberty, you shouldn't be campaigning for his Republican equivalent.

It will be interesting to see many ATSrs begin shilling for the Reps and Romney i the coming months.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nugent...gonna miss him.

ETA: this statement does not represent my stance on Obama
edit on 17-4-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Obotics in action.

How about.....no turds.

Or vote for Ron Paul or Libertarian party.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Yeah pretty ironic, IMHO as well. Though Obama has been the best thing to happen to American gun manufacturers and sellers in my lifetime, I can't think of any serious anti-gun legislation he's signed into law. Romney, however did sign one of the most restrictive weapons ban in the country as governor of Massachusetts. If you're a single issue voter and that single issue is guns, you don't have a candidate this election. Pretty damn funny that gun-nut-in-chief Ted Nugent supports Romney. Our choices this election cycle are so bad that it would be funny if it weren't so damn scary.

Join me on November 6 voting for Samual Adams (the beer, not the dead politician!) I will still cast my vote, for Ron Paul, even if I have to write it in, and then I plan to spend the rest of the day drinking, so as I watch the results come in that night, and I am throwing up, I can blame it on the beer, instead of the disgust and angst over the future of our country.

I honestly have very serious doubts as to whether or not there will be an election in 2016. Regardless of who wins in 2012, having a shining city on a hill to vote for in 2016 is looking more and more like a fairy tale.

I'll be voting for Ron Paul, drinking with Samual Adams, and stocking up from Mr. Remington for whatever may come.
edit on 17-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Teds cool. Nice wife and kids. Great outdoorsman and hunter. Little frenetic in his speaking and a little hysterical when he is passionate about a subject. Can pitch a tent like no other and start a fire with his steely gaze. Cant believe he's for Romney..;..

My critiques conclusion: Ted, my friend, you oughtto stay outta politics.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So let him off himself, who cares?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So let him off himself, who cares?

Off himself?? Nahh he is speaking about running around in his Nugent loin cloth and offing libs.. and dying a hero in battle.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Join me on November 2 voting for Samual Adams (the beer, not the dead politician!) I will still cast my vote, for Ron Paul, even if I have to write it in, and then I plan to spend the rest of the day drinking, so as I watch the results come in that night, and I am throwing up, I can blame it on the beer, instead of the disgust and angst over the future of our country.

You really might want to wait until the 6th.

Lol.

link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

The musician went on to say: ”If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

It will be interesting to see if he has the cojones to back either one up...talk is cheap!

And what is it they say? An empty can makes the most noise?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I go to Ted Nugent for political commentary like I go to North Korea for rice and rocket technology.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

My only problem is why in the hell he would support Romney? If he hates Obama this dramatically, how can he also support Romney at the same time?

Perhaps because he believes (not unreasonably) that Romney is the only candidate with any realistic chance of becoming president.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok, I think Ted Nugent is losing it.

This sounds like the rants of those claiming we will all end up in FEMA camps after martial law is declared if so and so get's elected.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Perhaps because he believes (not unreasonably) that Romney is the only candidate with any realistic chance of becoming president.

Right. Because Romney offers no threat to the status quo.

He claims to be concerned with the Constitution. Then Romney is SOOOOO not the choice.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Right. Because Romney offers no threat to the status quo.

He claims to be concerned with the Constitution. Then Romney is SOOOOO not the choice.

Well it IS the choice if Obama is the only other option.
And since Nugent clearly does not want Obama, it is the logical choice for him.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Go for broke, Ted. I'm fine with either one.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join