It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Nugent Declares ‘I Will Either Be Dead or in Jail’ if Obama Is Re-elected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Well it IS the choice if Obama is the only other option.
And since Nugent clearly does not want Obama, it is the logical choice for him.

Again:

If Ted is concerned with Obamas politics to the degree he claims, then he should have the EXACT same concerns with Romney.

The fact that he chooses a guy who is far more similar to Obama than different belies his real contention...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Someone oughtta tell Ted that the predecessor for Obama care was Romney care which Romney whipped up while he was governor of Mass...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Obama vs Nugent? Sounds like a good time. Fight to the death? God I want to see that Obama would get owned Nugent is only a couple notches down from chuck norris himself.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
My only problem is why in the hell he would support Romney? If he hates Obama this dramatically, how can he also support Romney at the same time?

Perhaps because he believes (not unreasonably) that Romney is the only candidate with any realistic chance of becoming president.

But how can he despise Obama so heatedly and still support Romney? Where are their views so drastically different?

Sure, there are many Republicans that believe it is a good vote to go for whoever has the best chance of beating Obama,..... but why? Why vote for someone so similar to Obama, just because he has a different name? Or skin color? The politics won't change. Romney is just like Obama in all the key areas. He might be a little more aggressive toward Iran, which is NOT a good thing. He might be a little more aggressive on spending cuts and tax cuts, but not enough to actually fix the economy. The healthcare bill will likely be repealed no matter who gets elected, because the congress is taking care of that.

Where does Romney separate himself from Obama in such a drastic way to support the statement Nugent has made, while campaigning for Romney?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Nugent is a typical modern Republican. Claims he wants small government, then votes for someone like Bush or Romney. He's a moron who can only see an "R" after someone's name, and he's been brainwashed into voting for that.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
TEd Nugent is an avid gun owner and activist Ted has a lot of Class 3 weapons full auto machines guns.

Ted talking like that is a good way to lose that "priviledge" or end up in jail the last 3 years a lot of people have been thrown in jail.

The asses at the secret service will take that as a credible threat people remember that kid who got visited?
edit on 17-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Thanks, fixed.

I'm just so excited about the faux election where I can pick which shade of progressive politician I get the pleasure of choosing to spend my money for me, and make my decisions for me, and kill people 10,000 miles away for me, so that I may have only $4 per gallong gas, and feel safer as I get molested going through security barefoot with my toothpaste in a dam ziplock baggie.

Come on November, I know the world will be so much better after my vote.

I'm more on Nugent's side than anyone elses, but I just can't believe he can have such strong feelings, and then campaign on Romney's behalf?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

My only problem is why in the hell he would support Romney? If he hates Obama this dramatically, how can he also support Romney at the same time?

Perhaps because he believes (not unreasonably) that Romney is the only candidate with any realistic chance of becoming president.

But how can he despise Obama so heatedly and still support Romney? Where are their views so drastically different?

The only real, substantive difference is race and party affiliation.

Hate to say it, because no one likes their racism or partisanship pointed out, but there it is.

and nugent knows his demographic, the people who buy his music and go to his concerts, eat that racist, partisan crap up. This is good for his career.

The fact that the GOP has gotten to play tea party for the past four years is about to bite them in their hypocritical arse as they flock to Romney.
edit on 17-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Do Nugents actions actually suprise you?

He's speaking to a very large demographic that eats up right wing partisan racism.

He's been doing it for a while. It appears to be very profitable for him.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I suppose so. Rush, Beck, FOX, and a million journalists and bloggers are getting rich off pandering to the rabble rousers with the 10-second attention spans. Anything beyond a 15-second soundbite, or something that will fit on a ticker tape across a screen is too much information to expect the average public to absorb I suppose.

So, how do I profit from this knowledge? Start a blog? Run for office? Make some thrash music?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I suppose so. Rush, Beck, FOX, and a million journalists and bloggers are getting rich off pandering to the rabble rousers with the 10-second attention spans. Anything beyond a 15-second soundbite, or something that will fit on a ticker tape across a screen is too much information to expect the average public to absorb I suppose.

So, how do I profit from this knowledge? Start a blog? Run for office? Make some thrash music?

Well, it might be a little late now. A lot of people are far ore established than you.But if Obama wins in 2012, which seems more than likely, you could enjoy a few more years of duping the rubes. Start a blog! Lots of ads for gold!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Romney is just like Obama in all the key areas.

OK, in that case what does it matter who Nugent supports?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Well it IS the choice if Obama is the only other option.
And since Nugent clearly does not want Obama, it is the logical choice for him.

Again:

If Ted is concerned with Obamas politics to the degree he claims, then he should have the EXACT same concerns with Romney.

The fact that he chooses a guy who is far more similar to Obama than different belies his real contention...

have to agree, someone needs to let ted know he's routing for obama two backed by the same banksters as obama one. if he really wanted to make a statement he would be backing Paul.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It highlights the hypocrisy of his claims.

If Nugent was stumping for Paul it might be different. But railing against the 'inherent evils' of peanut m&m's while saying you prefer regular m&m's shows hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am gonna miss old Ted. Too bad he was once upon a time a great musician.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

But railing against the 'inherent evils' of peanut m&m's while saying you prefer regular m&m's shows hypocrisy.

No it doesn't. Peanut M&M's and regular M&M's are not the same. In fact, they have a substantial difference. I don't like peanut M&M's, so given the choice I will always buy regular.

Does that make me prejudiced against peanuts?

Your theory only makes sense if Romney and Obama we're in agreement on every single issue, if they echoed each other on every point like a parrot. But that's not even close to being the case. From what I've seen there's more than enough difference between them to warrant a choice.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Huh,

Someone just sent me a message pointing out that Nugent also dodged the draft to avoid going to vietnam by engaging in an elaborate scheme to fail his medical exam.

he was given a 1-Y deferment.

So, somehow, I doubt he's really interested in armed conflict.

Just another wannabe who needs to shoot himself in the foot.

web.archive.org...://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/ted-nugent-off-his-rocker-479556.html
edit on 17-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ted just renounce your citizenship like a record number of other Americans have since Obama took over. If Obama wins re-election expect the records of people leaving to continue to be broken.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It matters because he may influence other voters, but then again, if the choice is Obama v. Romney, then I guess none of it matters.

Still very frustrating though. I said earlier it may be a blessing that he doesn't support Ron Paul. His support would probably just add more fuel to the fire that RP is racist or extreme. Maybe this will work in RP favor before the convention, but I doubt it. No one is going to call Romney extreme, no matter who supports him.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nugent should stick to what he does well - bowhunt and perhaps play guitar.
Why anyone should care what he says politically is beyond me.
I've always thought of him as a rock and roll version of Bozo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join