It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Robbins Out Of Control Gov't Spending(no politics,we're screwed, must watch!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I'll admit I didn't view the vid.

I'm just wondering what is motivating this "motivational speaker."

I guess I'll watch it now, thanks.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Its a national forgiveness of debts .... Im surprised the US religious right have not pushed for it... Its a commandment from God dont ya know...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I watched the whole thing, I waited for specific names of families and corporations, didn't hear what I needed to know Tony was being 100% true and honest. I personally like Tony, I think he's a genius in many areas and he has my respect, but I know he wasn't giving those names up, he can't.

ETA- He did mention Bill Gates though, lmao. If Mayer Rothschild, back in the day when he was rolling strong, woke up tomorrow with Bill Gates' wealth "now" vs. the value of the dollar back then... he'd throw himself screaming from an upside down helicopter in desperation.

Start here and work your way backwards..

On Pg 405 - "David Rockefeller Memoirs"

Quote "Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some sources and references aren't the greatest of trails, but if you follow the bread crumbs you find more.
jubilee2012.50webs.com...

www.businessweek.com...

If you've been around for so long, then I shouldn't be telling you anything you don't know.
Then again, "you don't buy it."

Believe what you want I guess, makes no difference in this reality.

edit on 16-4-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This comes to mind after watching the vid.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaneC
A year of jubilee would help everyone...

That or project mayhem...

My vote's for Project Mayhem. When and where do we start?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
How bad is this train wreck of a country getting to be when even motivational speakers are starting to sound like doomers?

I mean isn't he supposed to be running around on a stage screaming to people they can get rich if they only follow his magical way of thinking? The doomers- Faber, Celente, Schiff,...Tony Robbins
The USA is screwed.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Do you recall Exxon-Mobile? In regards to banking, go back two centuries not just two generations... Then we'll talk. Not that you could actually keep up.

Who the hell are you? Comprehend the language of what I said and perhaps we can talk. But if you cannot even discern the order in which my words were placed... how could we have a conversation? Wanna tip? Don't be an ass.

How is that a scam?

He used to have some .. ahem .. uh .. "investment strategies" that he would sell (for a very high price) that turned out to violate numerous laws. Usually he gives a scary speech that is over-sensationalized and directs you to his site where he can "show you how to avoid the coming calamity" .... for a price.

There are also some fascinating reports to read if you like psychology of different types of hypnosis and mind control techniques used by him (and others) to persuade audiences..

He gets called out all the time for repackaging old motivational speeches into new titles and reselling them for $300+.. people eat it up though, desperate people, uninformed people, depressed people.. it's not a "scam" in the sense that he's blatantly stealing your money.. but a scam nontheless.

As a philosopher and studier of economics I did find his investment advice to be worth a good laugh however.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You quote could be taken out of context. And yes I've read it before as has anyone who has been on ATS for month.

You're links are mostly speculation and do in fact contradict themselves on many details.

Look, I don't doubt that people conspire, in fact I think it's natural for them to do so. Everyone does it, not just the rich and powerful, although yes, they do it too. Does it mean they're pulling the puppet strings of society to the extent that some of your links suggest? Sorry I can't bring myself to buy into that. It's way to far fetched. Yes some people have probably done some horrible things using secrecy and influence, but that's not what this is about. This thread is about how things have gotten out of control, is it by design? To what end? I think it's just total irresponsibility by humans in general. Thanks for the links I looked em over, but I don't think what you're trying to say has too much to do with my thread so from here on out try and stay on topic. The topic being the insane amount of out of control spending. If you can specifically tie the rothschilds into that then post away....

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Fair enough. I admit to not knowing a whole lot about tony robbins except that he's HUGE!
So I know nothing of him breaking laws or whatnot.

But he never linked a website, or a phone number or anything else in this video. It was obviously very doom and gloomish, but how could it not be? If he has an agenda here then he's not very good at selling it. After watching it I'm definitely not thinking that I should seek out Mr. Robbins for advice to avoid total economic collapse, or what to do when it happens. It was more of a math lesson than anything. If you disagree with his numbers that's fine, but you'll have to show me how. I suggest you watch the video, I normally consider myself pretty good at smelling BS, but if I missed something here please point it out to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Good video homie..
FIX FU#$%* WELFARE, if the govt would put an end to all the freeloading, I would gladly sacrifice more of my paycheck to pay off the debt or free healthcare
edit on 16-4-2012 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2012 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Americanist

Do you recall Exxon-Mobile? In regards to banking, go back two centuries not just two generations... Then we'll talk. Not that you could actually keep up.

Who the hell are you? Comprehend the language of what I said and perhaps we can talk. But if you cannot even discern the order in which my words were placed... how could we have a conversation? Wanna tip? Don't be an ass.

Their wealth has been divided among family members for so long without any of them rising above and beyond their ancestors that their wealth is very diminished.

Along with the tips we'll buy into your statements. I think not. Pretty straight forward and easy to discern. It's the equivalent of winning the mega-millions lotto. Go ahead and win then make a major announcement. Let your name get plastered everywhere.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

OK, watched the video, nothing wrong with his numbers from what I could tell. He does plug his site which goes to a page where you can get a "discount" of 30% to his newsletter (yay...)

Try to leave the page and you get a popup for the "Ultimate Edge" which is one of the programs he got busted packaging old speeches under a new title and selling it for $350.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

didn't catch any of that. I watched the video on dailypaul.com and saw no such pop up.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
tony KNOWS a lot of the stuff that is going on behind the scenes..would love to see him come out and go on alex jones

but this is as close as we can get

he worked with paul tudor johns a well known hedge fund trader so he gets the inside track from guys like that

tony's personality is one that is not unlike many who speculate and post on ATS so I have no doubt he would run into conspiracy theories, etc over time. the guy read 1000 books by 25 i think
LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

I don't think it's that simple. Pulling the plug on welfare would be a social disaster. That would have to be an incremental change, as would paying down the deficit. Unfortunately at this point, based on the numbers, it would seem to be a lost cause.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm afraid you are right my friend. You know, when groups speak about legalizing cannabis ( I'm in favor of) and the money that could be used to do all sorts of great projects (Which is possible), when really, with our track record, the govt. would just spend more. It's insane. The whole system needs to be reset. And I think that time is approaching, and with the economy being GLOBAL now, it's not going to be pretty. Good riddance

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The unasked question Jibby is referring to is "WHO DO WE OWE ALL THIS SUPPOSED "DEBT" TO?"

Now why does Robbins roll off this long list of "if took this money from so and so" as if it wouldn't matter. Why not mention all the poor working families? On right, they already pay their fair share. But the wealthy and the big corporations haven't been for quite some time which is one reason we have such an enormous debt! But no, that would killing the Golden Goose.

I'm so tired of the partisan debate that swirls around this issue which neither side will accurately portray.

The real question is why do we "owe" the Rothschilds and Rockefellers anything at all and why the hell don't we take control of our currency back from their enablers the Federal Reserve?

If you disagree as to who you think we owe this debt to please be so kind as to inform me.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Debt is not really discussed in the video. Robbins is talking about actual spending, which I guess translates to debt since obviously we spend way more than we can possibly take in as shown. I personally don't understand why taxes exist at all. If we can just pay for everything by borrowing and creating money out of thin air then why should there be any taxes whatsoever, it's become pretty obvious that the entire global economic system is nothing more than a HUGE scam. Blaming China, or a couple of families seems pointless, in fact I hate to say it, but given the extremes of the situation anything bedsides total oblivion seems pointless.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It does seem pointless and doomed to fail at some point. However, I still think everyone should be paying their share of taxes if we're going to have them all and we need to drastically cut spending.
Everyone's opinion on where to cut differs but my ideal would eliminate FEMA,Homeland Security, CIA, Federal Reserve, Energy commission, Education commission and a few others. Drastically cut military spending, reduce federal employee pay and benefits, and make everything cut by a similar degree.
Expecting the public to cough up Trillions is the definition of slavery, if not insanity.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

In a nutshell the policitical system in america has been brought by the very rich. Using their leverage within the policitical system they have managed to keep more of their money and therefore putting the burden of debt onto the poor and middle class.

If corporations and households taking in $1 million or more in income each year were now paying taxes at the same annual rates as they did back in 1961, the IPS researchers found, the federal treasury would be collecting an additional $716 billion a year. In other words, if the federal government started taxing the wealthy and their corporations at the same rates in effect a half-century ago, the federal debt to investors would almost totally vanish over the next decade."

www.truthdig.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join