It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Robbins Out Of Control Gov't Spending(no politics,we're screwed, must watch!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I thought the video he stole this information from was done WAY better!

For one, he offers nothing new, and if anything he takes away from the original.

If I was to conclude anything after watching his, it would be that the USA is screwed. Also it seems like he is showing that even if you take everything from the rich, your still screwed, so why bother taking from the rich. The RICH is a category that he fits into undoubtedly. So it seems to me he made this video, as a round about way of protecting himself and his rich buddies. Tony works for the rich. He trains a lot of them, from Bill Gates, to tiger woods. I have no doubts that he is tied in with the Bushes, and probably Obama as well. I doubt anyone could find that info though. When the rich need help they call old Tony for it, and he will train them for tens of thousands of dollars. Tony is a master at manipulation, and going after what you want.

In closing, this video has NO value to anyone, unless they missed the original.

I wish Tony would use his powers for good, and actually offer solutions. Just my two cents

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

I think the whole point here is that there are no solutions. Spending is so out of control that we are really actually going to fail, and fail hard. I don't think he's trying to protect himself and his clientele other than to say it really doesn't matter if you take everything the rich have so leave em alone. The rich are every bit as doomed as everyone else. I think collectively, the rich and those that are influential to the entire system as a whole really are trying to keep this thing going for as long as possible, because everyone already knows the wheels will fly off and it will be ugly, for everyone.

oh and why not post a link or embed the original video you were referring to. I'm sure a bunch of us would like to see it.
edit on 17-4-2012 by liquidsmoke206 because: link request

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaneC
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Its a national forgiveness of debts .... Im surprised the US religious right have not pushed for it... Its a commandment from God dont ya know...

I'm surprised that he (liquidsmoke ou812, or whatever) didn't already know that. He is a very smart guy, ask him, he will tell you

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by theclutch

I think the whole point here is that there are no solutions. Spending is so out of control that we are really actually going to fail, and fail hard. I don't think he's trying to protect himself and his clientele other than to say it really doesn't matter if you take everything the rich have so leave em alone. The rich are every bit as doomed as everyone else. I think collectively, the rich and those that are influential to the entire system as a whole really are trying to keep this thing going for as long as possible, because everyone already knows the wheels will fly off and it will be ugly, for everyone.

oh and why not post a link or embed the original video you were referring to. I'm sure a bunch of us would like to see it.
edit on 17-4-2012 by liquidsmoke206 because: link request

There will be a big reset that none of us can do anything about, except hope we are lucky enough to make it through it all when it unfolds. I don't even think watching Tony Robbins will make a difference where we land.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Before I even watch the video I have one thing to ask: What's he selling? He's a known scam artist who's usually making videos like this to "pitch" a new product. And if it's anything like his past videos, he doesn't know @!% about economics.

His business is to make people think that they can be the next bazillionaire! He was saying that we are not going to solve the debt problem by taxing the rich and making them pay their fair share. Bottom line is he's trying to protect his niche by trying to get the average American to not blame rich people for our problems.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Actually, the world gross product is around $60 to $70 trillion per year. The total debt load of the entire planet is somewhere between $610 trillion and $690 trillion (we're using US dollars here for referencing value). Who owns more than 90% of all global debt? Well, you had the right names, Rothschild and Rockefeller along with a few others, primarily cousins and other relatives. Oppenheimer is Rothschild spawn, I am sure most people have heard of Anglo American (gold) and deBeers (diamonds).

If I remember right, every 50 years the Hebrews/Jews are supposed to have Jubilee. Part of Jubilee is the forgiving of all debts. Why-TF hasn't this happened?

So JibbyJ, you are very correct, two families could correct this entire problem in a heartbeat, all they (Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Oppenheimers, etc) have to do if follow their own play book and forgive the debt. That was the way intelligent people used to operate society, so that it wouldn't collapse in on itself.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/17.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Dear liquidsmoke,

I was very disappointed in Mr. Robbins. It is just a propaganda piece. He ignores some basic principals of accounting. He talks about taking all the revenue from this one or that one. It is not about that, it is about having people pay at the same rate, if you take 30% of my income in taxes then take 30% from everyone including the rich. It is about fairness and it doesn't matter how you earned the money. My ex-wife pays taxes on what she gets in alimony just as if it were regular income, so, why should income from investments not be taxed at the same level? We should treat income as income.

As for reductions in spending, sure, lets take X% from everyone, get rid of all other taxes and stop using taxes to regulate behavior. Then let's base our governmental budget on what we can reasonably expect to take in. Mr. Robbins also talked about "unfunded" liabilities and that is a real joke. Those liabilities like social security were not expected to be funded until due and they are not due next year, they are due over the next 50 years. He failed to mention that. What has changed is the way that governmental accounting is done. Go research the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and you will discover that the rules for governmental accounting have been changing which makes governments report on long term debt and expected expenses.

Now if you want to really understand the truth, go to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), these are the people that actually act as the accountants and finance managers for governmental funds. They did an assessment of the pension liabilities and said there is no problem and they are the people responsible for these funds.

I thought better of Mr. Robbins than this. Good OP, misleading comments from the video. Peace.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear liquidsmoke,

I was very disappointed in Mr. Robbins. It is just a propaganda piece. He ignores some basic principals of accounting. He talks about taking all the revenue from this one or that one. It is not about that, it is about having people pay at the same rate, if you take 30% of my income in taxes then take 30% from everyone including the rich. It is about fairness and it doesn't matter how you earned the money. My ex-wife pays taxes on what she gets in alimony just as if it were regular income, so, why should income from investments not be taxed at the same level? We should treat income as income.

Now if you want to really understand the truth, go to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), these are the people that actually act as the accountants and finance managers for governmental funds. They did an assessment of the pension liabilities and said there is no problem and they are the people responsible for these funds.

I thought better of Mr. Robbins than this. Good OP, misleading comments from the video. Peace.

You are completely missing the point. The point is no matter how high we raise taxes - tax increases alone cannot fix the deficit. There is no money to take from over 50% of the population because they are living nearly paycheck to paycheck. I'm all for fairness in tax collections to - but there is not enough wealth to tax for the crazy amounts the federal government is spending. I don't know if you don't comprehend or are simply in denial, but yes we are indeed in serious trouble.

What this all means is massive spending cuts are required - and where does 60% of our spending go to - Medicare, Social Security, Welfare/Unemployment, Medicaid and interest on the debt, and all are increasing every year. They have to be cut they already account for 100% of our taxable income - but no politician is willing to touch them, which means disaster is unavoidable.

As for your second statement about the GFOA look at their history of projections - it's pathetic. If you really believe that everything is fine, well you are in for a rude awakening.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by proximo

Dear proximo,

You are completely missing the point. The point is no matter how high we raise taxes - tax increases alone cannot fix the deficit.

I didn't know that we came here to blindly accept everything we are told. I did not piss the point, I addressed the math AND I said that once you had the taxes, you had to stay within the budget. Perhaps reading my whole post or going to research these matters would help you. Did you review the documents on the GFOA's website, no you could not have done so this quickly. You miss the point, deny ignorance and do your research. My statements were accurate regarding these things because I have worked with these groups for over 20 years and managed a quarter of a billion dollars a year for the government for that time. What Mr. Robbins should have done is spent the first 19 minutes explaining what the debt is composed of and how it is amortized an not just using numbers to scare people.

Lets try it this way. If we taxed everyone at 30% of the money that they receive each year regardless of source then we can calculate out how much revenue we would bring in. Mr. Robbins completely ignored the amount that is generated by trust funds. Take the amount that is reasonably expected to come in and limit spending to that amount. That is what I said in my post because I did address spending. However, money that I do not reasonably expect to be spent until next year should be based on what I reasonably expect to receive next year, not this year. Even simpler, I don't need to have next years house payment in the bank today if I expect to keep working next year and that is what is included in unfunded liabilities that he discussed.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I expected someone to come in here saying the Robbins was not accounting for this or that, and maybe you're right. But even if the problem is only half as bad as the video points out I still can't help but think we're screwed.

If we taxed everyone at 30% of the money that they receive each year regardless of source then we can calculate out how much revenue we would bring in. Mr. Robbins completely ignored the amount that is generated by trust funds. Take the amount that is reasonably expected to come in and limit spending to that amount.

Well no duh. The whole point, which for some reason you can't understand, is that this is NOT how things have been operating for a long long long time. We simply spend way more than we bring in, to the point of inevitable unsustainability. We're screwed....I still don't really see how we're not.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
He had me all the way through this video (even though it was obvious he was shilling against taxing corporations and rich people right from the start) but as soon as he started to say "President Obama proposes etc" he became partisan and lost me.

Best thing about this video was his explanation of million vs billion vs trillion in seconds, which has been said before.

Thought I'd get more from Tony Robbins than a thinly veiled advertisement for not taxing the rich and the corporations.
edit on 18-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I think you're way off.

He's trying to point out that no matter how many taxes you get, and obviously the rich would be the target since they have the most money, you can't pay for spending. It amazes me how much some of you guys want this to be a conspiracy.

And apparently you can't mention the presidents name without somehow being "partisan?" Please explain what was so partisan about any of this video.....bet ya can't.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Some people will hate on anything. geez

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join