It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Expert: Earth Is Cracking Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
reply to post by JBRiddle

This makes me think of the movie 2012 when you talk about plates moving around freely. Really. Also, I'm worried if the Earths core continues to heat up while we pass through the middle of this cloud as you explained in your post regarding theories that were made, than I guess it's safe to assume that Yellowknife Volcano could erupt very soon. After all, we are long over due for an eruption of that Volcano.

2012 I been waiting so long for and I've got to tell you, not even 5 months in yet and we're experiancing a lot of weird crap going on in this world. It's bound to get worse.

I agree.

The fact that the Mayans described this makes it even more intriguing...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No mainstream seismologist with adequate credentials thinks the Earth is "on the verge of breaking up" from great earthquakes. From magnetic fields or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
conspiracy of science earth is growing on youtube

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Aztecs believed that the end of the 5th sun cycle would result in a massive earthquake that would encompass the whole earth. The image below is the Aztec representation of the 5 worlds. The large center circle is the current age when it experiences the devastating tremor.

This image comes from the following post within the thread Pre-Columbian Star War Stories Emerge From Stones

Pre-Columbian star war stories have emerged from 23 stone carvings unearthed near the Great Temple in Tenochtitlan, the ancient Aztec center that became Mexico City after the Spanish invasion in 1521.

Providing unique iconographic evidence for Aztec myths, the bas-relief sculptures lay embedded in a strip of floor in front of the Templo Mayor complex, Tenochtitlan's holiest shrine.

Far from being purely decorative, the artistic carvings show symbols of death and crude representations in line with the Aztecs' bloody rituals.

Byrd showed me the following link on the Aztec belief system relating to the different sun cycles.
Science-Cultural Astronony-Aztec

The Aztecs believed they were living in the fifth and last period, which they called the Era of Movement. They believed that their current world would someday be destroyed by a giant earthquake.

A great deal of earth movement doesn't destroy a planet but it makes many buildings topple to the ground causing a ruined civilization.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

It's not that he's Romanian but the fact it came from Beforeitsnews.com that makes it questionable.

I was just about to post the same comment when I saw yours.

Despite what many ATSers and YouTubers may think, the current activity is NOT unprecedented and there have been many so called 'unprecedented' tsunamis at many times in Earth's history.

With the Indonesian quake for example, statistically, there should be one big earthquake in this part of Asia every 500 years. However, since 2004, there were already three quakes with a magnitude of over 8, which is not normal.

Not quite sure what is not normal about that. There are many instances in this past century let alone going further back when there are many more.

You only have to look at the 10,000 year history from turbidites along the Cascadia coastline to see that there have been 50 metre tsunamis and there will be again. Each of those was associated with a mag 8.5 or Mag 9 earthquake. Japan has has many such tsunamis in the past as well.

The Earth is not cracking up. The Romanian scientist maybe however! Maybe he does not do any research? Having a degree does not imbue him automatically with common sense. It is all out there if you want to look for it and you don't even have to leave your chair.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

As much as I agree we are living through times of change - weather patterns in th UK which will never be understood, just brushed under the carpet like everything else in Britain, I can't help but criticise the use of the now-redundant earthquake scale - "The Richter"

It's now the Moment Magnitude Scale

When I read reports using out-dated terminology, I realise it's second hand news, translated or concocted by journalists who are prone to exaggeration.

Or, it might just me me that's cracking up eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The reason people will write it off is because It's Sorcha Faal on beforeitsnews!
edit on 15-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You are on the right path of understanding....only to add that something either magnetic or on an atomic level is ramping up the earths core and its process. Much like what the sun is going though. Cyclical? Maybe......Yet the evidence is still elusive...only because we cannot visit the core to get an idea of whats occurring.

Whether its cosmic or core related something is bringing the magma to the surface quicker causing a tighter push of pressure on the plates...causing more slippage, causing more earthquakes, volcanoes....you get the idea.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by chrismicha77

With the Indonesian quake for example, statistically, there should be one big earthquake in this part of Asia every 500 years. However, since 2004, there were already three quakes with a magnitude of over 8, which is not normal.

This sounds like the life cycle of the mythological Phoenix. Every 500 years the fire bird is reborn from its own ashes.

Phoenix

The Chinese Phoenix-Fenghuang has an importance comparable to the dragon. I wonder if the male portion of the bird named Feng has any relationship to the Norse Fenrir?

Fenrir is a wolf who is supposed to bring judgment upon the gods at the final war of Ragnarok.

The Norse god of war Tyr distracted Fenrir from his conquest by allowing him to eat his right hand. After eating the hand of Tyr the other gods were able bind Fenrir until the day of Ragnarok.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The Earth is stronger than people give it. It is not cracking up.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is why Earth was chosen as the "prison." The Earth is unstable and a poor choice for a blossoming civilization. If you were an overlord constructing a prison, where would YOU put it? On a planet that cracks up every few millennium cutting short and wiping out any major advancements in technology or civilization. As regards technology and humans a line from "The Offspring" comes to mind : Gotta keep em separated. This leaves the populations that survive totally traumatized and gasping for direction and leadership.

Life is interesting for sure.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Quake Expert: Earth Is Cracking Up

Expert schmexpert, that's what I say.
We have plenty of armchair experts here on ATS that say that all of this is unrelated.

Now, who ya gonna believe?
Some fancy schmancy "Expert" from Romania or our very own armchair experts on an online conspiracy forum?

Flying Spaghetti monseter forbid any of these "experts" actually know what they are talking about.

I always enjoy when an expert comes out and supports some of the things spoken of here on ATS.
I love the balls some of our own armchair experts have when they just come right out and say "He doesn't lnow what he's talking about".

I don't know about you or what you do for a living but, If you spent your entire life dedicated to learning a certain skill,vocation,or science and some dingleberry got on a conspiracy forum and flat out said you don't know what you're talking about, you'd be pissed.

So, on a serious note, I am going to remember I heard this and see if I can't find others in the fienl who agree.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
The Earth is stronger than people give it. It is not cracking up.

Thank you for making my point.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Doalrite

I disagree.. we're more like cancer =)
edit on 15-4-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

I, for one, do not consider myself as a cancer.
Secondly, this came from "Before it's News."
Before it's news is in the same league as Sucha Fail, RT.com and The daily Planet.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Earthquakes are becoming more and more commen and the weather is very very strange. i have a few threads covering both.

I cant stand when people say cycles, but you know what your right.

And we as humans also have cycles, i guess this is our time to go. Its just a cycle of things.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
reply to post by TheCoffinman

There's nothing untrustworthy about Romanians, first off. The Earth isn't cackling up, either. This weather and these quakes are apart of a cycle. The sun's behaviour is part of a cycle. Until credible websites and newspapers are brought into this discussion, this is just another conspiracy.

You mean the same Mainstream Science that lies? Like the lies that "oh no the earth is fiiiine, that 18 mile long ice shelf busting off Antarctica is nothing spectactular" but when scientists start saying that low sea level coastal areas like Louisiana and Florida are going to be flooded around 2030, it kinda torpedoes that whole "the earth warms and cools in cycles" baloney.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JBRiddle

How is it possible that our star system is orbiting the galaxy every 26 000 years if the Milky Way is 100 000 lightyears across? Just how many times faster than the speed of light are we traveling?

Also, according to orbital dynamics, if we cross the center boundary once, shouldn't we be crossing it at least twice per orbit? If so how does 52 000 years come into it?

Also, the Sun's activity is increasing because of the eleven year solar cycle which is peaking now as we have recorded it doing for many decades.

Not sure why your post is getting stared like crazy when it contains glaring mistakes. I guess people just like sensationalism.

At any rate, humanoids have been here for at least a million years without getting wiped out so any cyclic catastrophes with periods in the thousands to hundreds of thousands of years haven't wiped us out yet so I would lean toward non-sensational.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Whether this information comes from someone's pillow case or not, the fact of the matter is that Earth is undergoing major changes that it is causing it to react forcefully. If it is cracking up as stated in this thread's title then you will never know until it's too late anyway!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Is there any actual hard evidence to show Quake numbers have increased? Up until about 1yr ago, all the information from USGS showed that there was no increase in quakes on average at all, since we started recording data. (i say this because I researched it myself, but in the last year i have not had any time to look again at the latest figures)

We have way better technology these days, a much higher population, and news of a quake is around the globe in minutes.

Earthquake averages are very new thing and its a spec in the ocean of Earths History. Earth has many major faultlines and we are supposed to get big quakes on them.

I wouldnt be too quick at saying the Earth is cracking up, or quakes are even increasing in numbers. We need to see evidence.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

At any rate, humanoids have been here for at least a million years without getting wiped out so any cyclic catastrophes with periods in the thousands to hundreds of thousands of years haven't wiped us out yet so I would lean toward non-sensational.

You mean haven´t wiped out the entire human race? The fact that mankind still exists doesn´t mean that most of us could not get wiped out.

Not that I´m worried about the Earth cracking up right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join