It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Expert: Earth Is Cracking Up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

A leading earthquake scientist has warned that the planet could be cracking up after a series of massive quakes in just 48 hours.

-Expert Gheorghe Marmureanu - from Romania's National Institute of Earth Physics

members.beforeitsnews.com...:_Earth_Is_Cracking_Up.html

Now I know alot of people are going to write this off simply because this guy is Romanian and for whatever reason a Romanian scientist doesn't hold the 'credentials' a western scientist does. Don't make that mistake. This guy is the head of, im assuming, an esteemed institute of higher learning in Romania, therefore he must have some credibility no? You can't write it off completely because you KNOW that our weather is all f*cked up all over the world. You've seen the article talking about the waking up of the ring of fire. We've seen 2 apocalyptic tsunamis in just 8 years... times are strange. keep your chins up ATS
edit on 15-4-2012 by TheCoffinman because: link

+74 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If and when it all happens I hope the earth gives me enough time to get drunk and high and stand out on the hill like woody harrelson and scream at the top of my lungs as man is wiped from this planet again.

Man is a virus and the Earth caught it... It goes in remission from time to time but there is no cure.

I bet the earth will survive... us... well I really could care less.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

There's nothing untrustworthy about Romanians, first off. The Earth isn't cackling up, either. This weather and these quakes are apart of a cycle. The sun's behaviour is part of a cycle. Until credible websites and newspapers are brought into this discussion, this is just another conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I just wished if i'ts going to break up, then get to it already.I'm tired of all the waiting.
edit on 15-4-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Additional source.

www.bucharestherald.com...

According to Marmureanu, there is no relation between the quakes that shook the planet during the last two days, but what happened in Indonesia came as a surprise that cannot be explained by science. “Statistics show that, in this region of Asia, there is one big earthquake every 500 years, roughly. However, since 2004, there already were three quakes with magnitudes above 8, which is out of seismological statistics. Something is wrong! There are too many big quakes in the Indonesian area,” Marmureanu warns.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
He´s seismologist and PhD, they are credible in every country. Unless they are paid off
But something is definitely going on with Earths climate and seismic activity. Only time will tell where it leads.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's not that he's Romanian but the fact it came from Beforeitsnews.com that makes it questionable.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Is Earth trying to get into Guinness for the biggest omelet?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

I disagree.. we're more like cancer =)
edit on 15-4-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

There has been an increase in geological activity over the past couple years. Several years back the Voyager 1 and 2 Probes left our Solar System beyond the range of our Suns magnetic field. Scientists excepted to find nothing but empty space beyond the edge of our solar system, but instead the found a magnetic "cloud" as they put it.

Our solar system has entered this "cloud". Based upon computer simulation what NASA discovered is that we are entering the Galaxy's Equatorial region. This region is some where around 2,000 light years across. We will not reach the mid way point until some time in December of 2012 based upon computer simulations.

According to the Officially NASA's line is this magnetic "Cloud" as they put it will not effect us what so ever. Unofficially the magnetic field in the cloud is getting stronger the further we get into it. Also it is now theorized that the Magnetic field of this cloud is affecting out star's magnetic field which is why we are seeing an up tic in solar activity, and if this magnetic field can affect out star it also can effect the planets in our solar system as well.

One geophysicist put it that this magnetic field is acting just like a microwave. a microwave use magnets to hear objects from the inside out. His theory is that the earth core is being super heated and is beginning to expand, as it expands we should see an increase in seismic activity, volcanoes that have been dormant return to life, and we should see weather patters that are far more volatile than normal. I personally find it interesting that we are now seeing these same events.

Based upon this theory his high-postulates that if the earths core heats enough the plates of the earth should freely move around the earth core. And there is geological evidence to back up this theory. 52,000 years ago the earths north pole was in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Our star system take 26,000 years to circle the galaxy, but only dip under the galactic equator ever 52,000 years. According to geological evidence every 52,000 years our pole shifts. It is not theorized that it's not the pole that moves but the plates above it.

Only time will tell if this theory is correct.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's an interesting point of view....but more than 39 quakes hit the earth every day....maybe every hour. If he is talking about a certain scale and up, he needed to say that....it sounds rather anti-climactic if you watch quake data at all.

Maybe we are going to be quick rushed back to Pangea and we will all be neighbors...no need for air travel....just plan a really-really long drive.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBRiddle

And there is geological evidence to back up this theory. 52,000 years ago the earths north pole was in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Interesting, have any links where this, or any of the other things you mention are discussed?

I've read some about the "magnetic cloud" in some scientific journals, but I can't remember which ones. Will try and see if I can dig them up again,

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JBRiddle

This makes me think of the movie 2012 when you talk about plates moving around freely. Really. Also, I'm worried if the Earths core continues to heat up while we pass through the middle of this cloud as you explained in your post regarding theories that were made, than I guess it's safe to assume that Yellowknife Volcano could erupt very soon. After all, we are long over due for an eruption of that Volcano.

2012 I been waiting so long for and I've got to tell you, not even 5 months in yet and we're experiancing a lot of weird crap going on in this world. It's bound to get worse.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Some scientists have actually been expecting a series of strong quakes in this area.
See this article from 2008:
Indonesia May Face a "Supercycle" of Devastating Quakes

Says study coauthor Kerry Sieh: “If previous cycles are a reliable guide we can expect one or more very large west Sumatran earthquakes … within the next two decades”

Also this old ATS Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Quake Expert: Earth Is Cracking Up

ummm,

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the earth already "cracked up"?

Is this not why we have "tectonic plates"?

The areas in between these plates are cracks, right?

This is just more sensationalism.

It may be a little strange for us humans that have only lived on this planet for a blink in the geographical timeline.

Here is a little hint, earth is a changing "entity" that does not wait for human "approval".
edit on 15-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: for

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well this "expert" is not the first and won't be the last to be wary of a major plate move, as I call it. I have been concerned about this for a long time. I believe it's possible that the Pacific plate, or any other plate, could move farther and faster than anyone has ever expected. Like to create mountains. But "the earth is cracking up" is just senseless fearmongering. I don't believe that's true, but I can't be sure. I have always wondered if it was possible to have a runaway quake train- where one big huge quake causes such a massive degree of stress loading to other faults, that more and more big quakes keep occurring, effectively triggering one another. And between the 2004 and 2011 huge quakes, could be the train is gathering steam.

Could that eventually cause the earth to shake itself apart, or cause massive geologic change very quickly? Could it create mountains, or cause extreme subsidence or even entire land masses to be covered by the ocean? All I know is that if it has happened before, there is no logical reason to believe it can't happen again.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What do we hear from ancient cultures about the 'end of an age' - mountains rising, land sinking, floods, fire etc.
A lot of people interpret this to be a passing celestial body.

I believe the earth has expanded enormously in geological time in episodic fashion - the extra mass comes from the condensing of the lower astral of that time directly into the physical at the centre of the earth.

This is what gives rise to a new 'golden age' and tremendous earth changes as the crust re-curves to fit the expanded diameter and the compacted negativity of the lower astral worlds is removed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I agree to an extent. I totally believe in Earth Crust Displacement theory.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
But "the earth is cracking up" is just senseless fearmongering.

I agree, but it´s not this scientist´s expression, it´s Beforeitsnews sensationalism. Here´s original arti cle

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

i posted a comment on the 'before its news'.... the comment immediately after the reply that said I'm scared

i do not think i can post my message here... but it has to do with the mantle convection currents being screwed up and not with the Sun or any magnetic-galactic cloud...
the land beneath our feet is out-gassing as a result of unnatural high temps at the base of the crustal plates
and lava and earthquakes are a direct result of the uneven heating

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join