It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

www.washingtonpost.com

Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face.

Martin, 17 and unarmed, was shot and killed Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, who said he was acting in self-defense. Police in Sanford, Fla., where the shooting took place, did not charge Zimmerman, citing the state’s “stand your ground” law.

Corey told reporters Tuesday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, here we go. Political correctness or Justice Being Served.

This matter will split the country even further apart than Obama is doing. Well, this case will go on for some time and probably become one of the most watched cases in recent times.

And, I think G. Zimmerman will be spared any convictions when the case gets before his peers... that being said with what we know about the case to date.

Get the popcorn out.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear this.
Let's hope he is charged and sentenced to the maximum.
God rest that poor child's soul.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Apparently the annoucement is coming at 6:00 PM Eastern, I bet the reason Zimmerman has been talking to the likes of Sean Hennity is he is trying to position himself to get a high powered legal team represening him.

He must have known.
edit on 4/11/2012 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

+45 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well he's bound to get a fair trial after all the non biased media coverage.

/sarc off.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I'm glad to hear this.

You should never be glad of others misfortune no matter what you think of them. The case will hinge on th ewitnesses being played against each other. One says travon was on top the other says zimmerman. They want to avoid riots and the UN is putting pressure on the prosecutors office to charge him at least with reckless discharge of a fire arm i would assume.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
All this is going to do is postpone the riots. Whether he's found guilty of anything or not, there will be riots. Sad, sad state of America.

+38 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm glad to hear this.

Forget whether Zimmerman was acting in self defense. Just so long as you get your blood, right?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

I'm glad to hear this.

You should never be glad of others misfortune no matter what you think of them. The case will hinge on th ewitnesses being played against each other. One says travon was on top the other says zimmerman. They want to avoid riots and the UN is putting pressure on the prosecutors office to charge him at least with reckless discharge of a fire arm i would assume.

Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't do?
We are both entitled to opinions so can you respect mine? Thanks.
To Each His Own.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

I'm glad to hear this.

Forget whether Zimmerman was acting in self defense. Just so long as you get your blood, right?

Exactly! I'm glad you understand.

Refer to my reply above this.
edit on 11-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It's about time this happened. We don't know the outcome if he is guilty or not but the bottom line is he should have been charged in the first place. They took too damn long.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion
edit on 11-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion
edit on 11-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by khimbar

/sarc off.

Who knows?
Look at what happened to Casey Anthony.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Isn't it a cold and funny world when you are ridiculed for supporting a murder victim?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Where is George Zimmerman?

A new question has emerged in the case of the shooting death of Trayvon Martin: Where is shooter George Zimmerman?

Zimmerman’s lawyers held a news conference yesterday to say that they had lost contact with their client, and that they would no longer be representing him.

I'm curious if he knew this was coming and fled the country. Or if he fled the country and the authorities are just pressing charges to save face to the angry population.

This is a stinky case no matter how you look at it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Isn't it a cold and funny world when you are ridiculed for supporting a murder victim?

He was killed. We know that.
I personally do not know if he was a murder victim or not.

The courts can decide.

So much in this case has been misrepresented and politicized.
It's been a horrid case for me - it's made me feel like maybe I SHOULD be more protective of my own race.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
the news conference is at 6! i will be listening at work with bells on!! zimbo if you are reading this or perhaps popsmayhem can relay the message for me, good luck man honestly whatever the case may be i hope you get a fair and honest trial and let the facts and evidence speak for itself. your fate will now be in the us justice systems hands.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If he had been arrested from jump, due to spotty details and admittedly sketchy evidence on HOW the incident took place, we wouldn't have gotten to this point. The media wouldn't have been able to call it a "racist murder in which the killer got off". We probably wouldn't have even heard much about it.

Instead, he went to the police station, and that was it. So the people had to dig deeper - to find out his pops was a judge, and this, and that, and that. If Sanford police had done a thorough investigation, which they couldn't have done in the freakin 45 minutes they were there, then we wouldn't be here.

I have no problem with the law itself, but I think the killer should still be detained until there is definitive proof that he acted in self defense.

Hate me if you want to but that seems reasonable to me.
edit on 11-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

/sarc off.

See? He's already guilty in peoples eyes?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join