It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christ Deception: Proven!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nolongerblind

Christian, Muslim, or what ever faith you subscribe to is purely rooted in you because of who and where you decided to be in this life.

I have to disagree.

Your religion is forced upon you more often than you choose it.

Whether you choose it because you want to make your family proud, because it was ingrained in you from an early age, or because you were coerced by your elders and peers (similar to smoking), you had virtually no choice in the matter.

When it comes to these things, will power only goes so far. When you are trained to take everything for granted and attribute every coincidence to God because you can't explain it without using that oh-so-diabolical science, you don't really see any other path. You may consider it, but you are programmed/taught to not take it.

Why? Because then you'll burn forever. This can be applied to any other faith as well...except for Taoism, Buddhism, and a few others that do not condemn you for not choosing their faith. And that is one of the final giveaways for Christianity:

"If you don't do and believe as we say, you are f***ed. Why? Because we say so. We speak for God, so you have to listen to us."

Just like that.
edit on CWednesdaypm222210f10America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

See, that's where you are misreading my motives. I am not trying to "convince the opposition" of anything. I have already come to terms with the fact that there is no convincing possible. Just as there is no convincing possible in the other direction.

But what I do attempt to adhere to is a personal policy of not belittling others POV in the process of expressing mine. Nor do I make assertions as to one's intelligence for believing as they do. It cannot be denied that there are scores of highly intelligent people on both sides of the fence.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
In fact, if he was killed by a Pagan symbol, why aren't we saying it was a Pagan god who resurrected him?

Many of the religious ideas and pagan traditions you speak of can be traced back to Sumeria and ancient Babylon and at their core is the polytheistic concept of a Sun and Moon god. Nimrod, the grandson of Noah, set himself as the Sun God and his wife/mother Semiramis as the moon goddess. This sun/moon division is evident throughout many cultures and symbols that still exist today, such as the Yin Yang. If you believe Nimrod existed, then your argument against the accuracy of biblical lineage cannot hold up. Just because Nimrod wanted to be Messiah does not make it so. Just because the "dying god" myth had existed in the hearts of men thousands of years before Jesus does not prove he did not do the things he did. CS Lewis said it this way: "If God chooses to be mythopoeic—and is not the sky itself a myth—shall we refuse to be mythopathic?"

Why would God choose to speak through symbols? Symbols are encoded bits of information, capable of surviving through multiple languages and translations.

When Yeshua died on the cross, the sun was covered and there was darkness over the land. Matthew 27, Mark 15, and Luke 23 mention this. My personal opinion is that the significance of God covering the sun was to show dominance over all man-made religions collectively. The creator being better than the creation. This is also why the veil in the temple was torn, a message of God coming to man rather than man coming to God.
edit on 4/11/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

See, that's where you are misreading my motives. I am not trying to "convince the opposition" of anything. I have already come to terms with the fact that there is no convincing possible. Just as there is no convincing possible in the other direction.

But what I do attempt to adhere to is a personal policy of not belittling others POV in the process of expressing mine. Nor do I make assertions as to one's intelligence for believing as they do. It cannot be denied that there are scores of highly intelligent people on both sides of the fence.

There is no convincing possible, in your eyes, because no one wants to be convinced.

The entire purpose of religion is to 1) keep people accountable for their actions, and 2) give them hope, something to look forward to. If we make everything scientific, there is no longer any moral, anything special, no warm fuzzy feelings for doing the right thing. It becomes a chemical reaction in the frontal lobe, a line of code written in the electrical synapses of our cerebral cortex. It is no longer special, no longer meaningful...and something that has no special significance is pretty easy to ignore. The dangers of science have always been easy to ignore...hence the gun, the atom bomb, napalm, anthrax, and mind control.

Hope and morals. These two halves overlap in many ways, and they form the entire object of religion. We aren't trying to save our world from Satan, and we aren't trying to serve God.

We're trying to save ourselves...from ourselves.
edit on CWednesdaypm070725f25America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You are more than welcome, you know when I have something to say, I say it, and care not who thinks what. Pagans go way back in history, and a Goddess was worshiped for some 45,000 years before Christianity came with their hobnailed boots and swords to covert, or kill everyone. Churches were built over top of Ancient Temples dedicated to the Goddess, and Pagan Symbols were changed to Christian Symbols. They took all of the Gods and made them into One God, only that God was only for them, and no one else, unless, you swear over your mind, will, and soul to this God of theirs, which was also a a man, and a dead man at that. From then on, everything was this God's "will."

So, to sum up, to be a good Christian, from what I understand, one has to do the following"
Worship a dead man as a God and tell everyone they must do the same, or else.

Assume that you now know everything there is to know about Christianity, God, and the Bible.

Believe that the "Holy Spirit" you accepted into your soul is telling you the truth, and not some big lie.

Believe in a Demon Army, commanded by Satan himself, and these Demons inhabit every other world not Earth, and deem to attack and torture Christians, and everyone else too.

Believe that Jesus is coming back on a cloud to save you and the other members of your Church, so you can gleefully watch as the other, false Church members, and the Atheists, Wiccans, Buddhists, American Indians, and anyone else not a Cult Follower burn in Hell for ever.

By the way, all of the Old Gods and Goddesses got all scared, and ran away as this new God came out and showed himself. And you will never, ever seen any proof of what Christians say is true either. You have to take it all on "Faith."

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You know, you are not the only one who tries to demolish religions. The New World Order and the Illuminati (which I know you are a part, see the trilateral symbol in your signature) are doing a great job at it. I even tried demolishing it myself, years ago, before I realised its mathematical value. You are trying to convince us that Jesus's supposed 13 bloodlines have the right to rule the world and bring population down to 200 000 000 by killing it. Dan Brown tried to say to us that the Illuminati is good, and he was paid by the Illuminati and went bestseller because of that.
I am not impressed. Althought I am perplexed at religion, I don't try to stomp on it.
What are you trying to prove? To brag about you're a Merovingien?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Starchild is just desperate to prove his own disbelief, that's all.

This thread offers no substance and no evidence of anything except unbelief. Just like every other thread, every other book, every other person who has ever claimed the Christ was not the Way and the Truth.

Truth will always prevail, deception will continue to fail. Amen

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

no , i understood what you were trying to say. i just posted my opinion.
yes we need a belief in something,but when someone tries to force their faith upon you,and you know more about their faith than they do,it get tiring.
i study many religions including christianity. i believe in the teachings of the christ.
but i dont need 'christianss' or 'mormans' to come knocking at my door to try to convert me.
i don't see any buddists,hindus,muslims,wiccans,native americans,or druids coming to my door!!!
i dont mean to offend you,and i agree what you posted.
i just wish people weren't so blind

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You Know how these things go Starchild, You present a good case which seems more plausible than already established religious views and you get shot down for it, there will always be morons that believe so blindly in their own ideals that they will listen to no reason and drag their Opinion to the grave with them

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by mark1167

Starchild is just desperate to prove his own disbelief, that's all.

This thread offers no substance and no evidence of anything except unbelief. Just like every other thread, every other book, every other person who has ever claimed the Christ was not the Way and the Truth.

Truth will always prevail, deception will continue to fail. Amen

Did you know (as I have stated earlier, I believe) that when you say Amen, you are uttering a perverted version of the sun god Ra's name? Amun-Ra.

Congratulations. You have been worshiping Ra your whole life. Bet you didn't figure that out, did you? Not even your finishing phrase for your prayer ("so mote it be" which is also a wiccan concept) is original.

And you continue to accuse me of lies.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

To be frank, I think Starchild will also bring his opinion to the grave.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

You Know how these things go Starchild, You present a good case which seems more plausible than already established religious views and you get shot down for it, there will always be morons that believe so blindly in their own ideals that they will listen to no reason and drag their Opinion to the grave with them

At least they stand for something...gotta give them credit for that.

But what's the use of standing for something when you won't admit when you're wrong?

link   
reply to post by swan001

Maybe so, But at least it will be for a good cause

link   

Believe me, I am wondering the same thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by TedHodgson

To be frank, I think Starchild will also bring his opinion to the grave.

At least I admit when I'm wrong.

You will continue to defend something that cannot be proven and is based solely on the willingness to believe, because you are terrified of facing a world without hope, a world in which there is nothing to look forward to.

Your fear is your enemy.

Those two stars you got for your post are probably other Christians refusing to face a world without hope as well...even if they have to lie to themselves to find it. Blind support is a parachute with holes in it.
edit on CWednesdaypm161603f03America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

''I believe''? I think you do not know me enought to claim that.
I believe NOTHING. Nor you, nor the Bible. I BALANCE every possibilities.
I guess you don't know Sherlock.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

through understanding lies salvation.

Sticking to your Guns just leaves bodies all the way there.....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

''I believe''? I think you do not know me enought to claim that.
I believe NOTHING. Nor you, nor the Bible. I BALANCE every possibilities.
I guess you don't know Sherlock.

Anyone who follows the Bible will utter this exact phrase...and they will be bound by it. In order to be baptized, these precise words must be spoken and agreed to:

"Do you believe Jesus was the son of God?"

"Do you believe he died for our sins?"

"Do you believe he rose on the third day after his death?"

These are the questions I was asked, and the questions I have heard others asked. If it was knowledge, instead of blind faith, then why would the word "believe" be so consistently used?

That is why I say you "believe". Because the word occurs far too often in Christianity to be coincidence.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
And yet another thread that has degraded into the faith-bashing hoopla seen way too often around here lately..so tiring

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Are you deaf?
I did not read a single page of the Bible.
When I say I believe in nothing, I mean it, you know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join