It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christ Deception: Proven!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I know I have been rehashing these topics, but I'm trying to find closure here, as well as bring closure to the rest of you. There is more than one way to skin a cat, and so I figure maybe I should give copypasta history a go.

What we're talking about here is the originality of Christianity. Not where it comes from, but how original it is. Generally, if something that old is truly original, then there's less of a chance that it's just riding someone else's slipstream.

So, I'm going to take five of the most important symbols and concepts from Christianity...and debunk them. To make it clear, I say "debunk" as in "show the true origin of the concept as relates to Christianity".

So, here are the five concepts/symbols that are sacred to modern Judaic religion:

The life and resurrection of Jesus Christ

The Cross

The Virgin Mary

The Ten Commandments

Lucifer/Satan

So, first: resurrection. Here's a link talking about a "Messiah" who died and rose three days later...who wasn't Jesus. In fact, it supposedly occurred decades earlier.

The Other Messiah

The tablet appears to date authentically to the years just before the birth of Jesus and yet — at least according to one Israeli scholar — it announces the raising of a messiah after three days in the grave. If true, this could mean that Jesus' followers had access to a well-established paradigm when they decreed that Christ himself rose on the third day — and it might even hint that they they could have applied it in their grief after their master was crucified.

It is questionable, but what part of Judaism isn't? It certainly is thought-provoking, and that's the very least of my intentions here.

This next one, I will admit, is not scientific. However, every single piece of it is readily available to be researched for those familiar with the Google machine.

According to this link, many aspects of Jesus's story (from childhood to savior) has been found in the lives of highly respected Pagan followers. In fact, these followers have admitted to the most trusted of their members that the concept of Jesus Christ is actually this, and nothing more:

"spiritual allegories encoding spiritual teachings."

Pagan to Christian

Remember, many of the Pagan concepts and beliefs were stolen by the Church, before the Church demonized the pagans and wiccans, forcing them to either convert or die. Christmas itself, which we have all enjoyed in the name of Jesus Christ, is actually NOT his birthday, but the Winter Solstice, a day commonly celebrated by the pagans...and yet, the Church perverted it for their own ends, then told them to adhere to the new definition. Basically, the Catholics/Christians walked in, stole their stuff, and said, "Put me in your will or you die." Yeah, sounds like my kind of faith.

And yet another "unscientific" link that is readily researched (yep, I'm making you do the work
) regarding that fact that still MORE ideas that are supposedly Christian, but are revealed to have existed long before Christ was ever born. This link also covers the Virgin Mary and the cross.

The Lies of Christianity

I would like to mention that the cross was used in multiple religions before Christianity, all with the same general purpose: The four arms represent a veneration for the four elements of the earth, which is part of the old druidic/superstition that was common among older faiths. These were held in high regard, as related to alchemy and what we now call "witchcraft", or the study of the secrets and powers of nature. You know, the stuff we no longer talk about because the Church stamped it out? Yeah, those marvelous wonders of nature...like crystals, clairvoyance, or just plain metaphysical/spiritual ideas that didn't coincide with the doctrine of the Church.

However, the most striking message within the cross is that the horizontal bar represents earth, or the "mortal realm", and the vertical bar represents divinity...or the "astral plane". In other words, these intersecting bars represent the relationship, and how man overlaps with the divine. So we can touch the divine as easily as the priest "communes" with God. Priests are not special...they just like doing it the old-fashioned way. And that way was invented for a very unscrupulous reason.

Let's have a look at those commandments now, shall we? Interestingly, even though they are not expert examined, you can still verify and make sense out of it. See where that takes you...are the commandments trustworthy, or do you smell something odd?

Ten Commandments Revised

In neither of these cases does the Bible refer to “commandments.” In the first instance, they are “words” which “God spake,” while the tablets contain “testimony.” It is only when Moses goes back for new tablets that we see the phrase “ten commandments” (Exodus 34:28). In an interesting turn of events, the commandments on these tablets are significantly different than the ten rules Moses recited for the people, meaning that either Moses’ memory is faulty or God changed his mind.

And the grand tamale, the biggest rat of all...Satan. Before you tear my head off and mutilate my remains for even thinking of suggesting this level of blasphemy, I suggest that you read the link below. In fact, I'll even post an excerpt...it's quite a good argument, and uses plenty of biblical quotes to back it up (for those of you who use the Bible to prove the Bible).

Satan Is A Lie

Hell was also not a literal place in Aramaic. In Matthew 5:22, "hell fire" is translated as "mental suffering." In Matthew 16:18, the "gates of hell" are translated as "evil forces, or opposition." Sheol was translated simply as "a resting place for the dead" but not a place of torment. Hell was used to refer to what one experiences on earth, the mental suffering that goes along with making wrong choices. In this way, the "punishment" for our sins is the consequences of our own actions. We needn't fear this will be held against us in the afterlife because we are receiving the punishment for it now

I think that should give you a tantalizing glimpse of the contents.

So, now that I have clearly shown you the proof that Christianity is, at the very least, a warped reflection of obscure interpretations...

Christ, and everything about him, is not original. That is obvious. And if Christ isn't original...we're just supposed to take the rest with a pinch of salt? At least the science books aren't that flawed.

There's really nothing else to add here. WAIT! There is one thing: as I have pointed out to numerous people, it is one thing to call something a lie and denounce it...it is quite another to call something a lie and realize its necessity. Look at the condition of our world today, and ask yourselves: Where would we be without religion? Religion is the source of our morals, the source of our accountability, and the source of our hope. Everything that is not religion, has caused us pain, sacrifice, and fear. Sometimes, with stupid animals, lies are the best kind of protection. Sometimes, without illusion or deception....destruction is the inevitable outcome. We are a volatile species.

Without religion, where would we be?

Feel free to discuss your thoughts on the Christ Deception. But please, please, please...keep it respectful and intelligent. This is a forum of integrity and insightful debate, not a slovenly tavern.

Namaste...and truth for everyone.

edit on CWednesdayam444410f10America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Have you been reading Dan Brown lately?
You are looking for "closure"? Then close the case and claim "the Bible is a fake" and stop trying to bring up the heat between christians and atheists.
I agree with you as much as I disagree with you.
Yes, some hard evidences show the Bible is wrong.
But some hard evidences shows the Bible is right. The point is, believe what you want. We don't care about your opinion as long as you can't PROVE it. It's the same thing in physics: Physicists don't believe your theory as long as there are no PROOF of it being right. Einstein recieved his Nobel prize for the photoelectric effect, not his THEORY of relativity.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I agree with you and for a long time have felt the same way about the said "Deception of Christ".
My argument is that i believe the Bible to be lessons (Brilliant one's at that) based extremely loosely on anything that can be considered fact rather than Either opinion or even good stories.
The lesson i see from the Story of Christ is that any man can be A son of god, And that one man(or women to be current culture relevant) can be a miracle maker if he is pure of heart and strong of will, We are all a possible Christ figure

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
OH Yeah! Here we go again.I wake up and already we have our first anti Christian thread of the day, with many more to follow.
Like the guy the other day who sat up watching "The last Temptation Of Christ", and decided he had it all figured out. So you and you alone have solved the whole thing, all by yourself.
Well you got me convinced with that one page of research.

It's a good thing we have you here to straighten us all out with your vast knowledge into the subject and your absolute proof.
I will never question anything again as long as I have you to make things all so clear.
This, once again is getting so old.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My dear Watson.. I believe you're on to something....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

You put my thought down to a T. A star for you, mate.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

A person of closed mind and closed opinion is of no use to anyone

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I whole heartily agree with eveything you stated. Well said...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

A person with its mind set to destroy religions is of no use either.
Do you believe EVERYTHING in the press?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

it probably comes from Greek origins?

Jews do not accept Christ, they are searching for purpose via numerology...

good post, thanks

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Have you been reading Dan Brown lately?
You are looking for "closure"? Then close the case and claim "the Bible is a fake" and stop trying to bring up the heat between christians and atheists.
I agree with you as much as I disagree with you.
Yes, some hard evidences show the Bible is wrong.
But some hard evidences shows the Bible is right. The point is, believe what you want. We don't care about your opinion as long as you can't PROVE it. It's the same thing in physics: Physicists don't believe your theory as long as there are no PROOF of it being right. Einstein recieved his Nobel prize for the photoelectric effect, not his THEORY of relativity.
Peace.

I have read Dan Brown. He makes some very good points...I even met someone on here who claims to be the descendant of Jesus Christ.

Not all of his stuff is well-researched or logical, but he brings up a lot of controversial topics and holes that no one really answers.

Hmmm...interesting argument. I have basically cast a heavy shadow of doubt on nearly every massively important symbol of Judaic religion, which is supposed to make perfectly clear and inarguable sense, and you say that because I can't produce a video or pictures, I'm full of it? Nice work, my friend. You have clearly mastered the art of rebuttal.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
finally! some one gets it!!!
christianity is a false religion made up by romans and jewish kiss asses to control the masses.
i do believe jesus was real and his teaching was pure. the gnostics and the cathers and the templars knew the truth. thats why they were killed. look into mithras, he shares many similar traites as jesus. he was a roman god.
thanx for the post,simple but effective!

get ready for the christians.............. they're coming!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

it probably comes from Greek origins?

Jews do not accept Christ, they are searching for purpose via numerology...

good post, thanks

Right in one, actually.

Many of the Jesus Christ stories originated in Greek culture, while the Holy Trinity can be found in many religions and faiths that Judaic followers would call Satanic. Makes perfect sense, eh?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
finally! some one gets it!!!
christianity is a false religion made up by romans and jewish kiss asses to control the masses.
i do believe jesus was real and his teaching was pure. the gnostics and the cathers and the templars knew the truth. thats why they were killed. look into mithras, he shares many similar traites as jesus. he was a roman god.
thanx for the post,simple but effective!

get ready for the christians.............. they're coming!

You misunderstand. It is one thing to call something a lie and denounce it, quite another to realize that due to the current condition of the world, sometimes a lie is necessary for survival...

I am revealing the lie. I am also revealing its necessity. Unfortunately, the part about the necessity is largely ignored.

I will once again repeat something I have asked, but received no honest answers to:

Without religion, where would our world be today?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

A person with its mind set to destroy religions is of no use either.
Do you believe EVERYTHING in the press?

light is to be brought into the darkness which symbolizes alot of things... mostly lack of understanding (being in the dark about something)

Jesus' blood is the freedoms stain... the man was real that's for certain.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Delusion is not a path to be followed.

I seek to Understand Religion, Not destroy it, Religion keeps order and faith within the masses, It is a vital part of life to those who fail the understand the greater truth behind the foundations they have built with their faith.

Understanding of every religion changes Every day which each new brilliant trail of thought that is followed by those who seek answers, on a personal note, Deal with it.

edit on 11/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is the text in question from the stone referred to as the "Gabriel Revelation"

69. Thus He said, (namely,) YHWHof Hosts, the Lord of Israel …:
70. Prophets have I sent to my people, three. And I say
71. that I have seen …[…]…
72. the place for the sake of(?) David the servant of YHWH[ …]…[…]
73. the heaven and the earth. Blessed be …[…]
74. men(?). “Showing mercy unto thousands”, … mercy […].
75. Three shepherds went out to?/of? Israel …[…]
76. If there is a priest, if there are sons of saints …[…]
77. Who am I(?), I (am?) Gabri’el the …(=angel?)… […]
78. You(?) will save them, …[…]…
79. from before You, the three si[gn]s(?), three …[….]
80. In three days …, I, Gabri’el …[?],
81. the Prince of Princes, …, narrow holes(?) …[…]…
82. to/for … […]… and the …
83. to me(?), out of three – the small one, whom(?) I took, I, Gabri’el.
84. YHWHof Hosts, the Lord of(?)[ Israel …]…[….]
85. Then you will stand …[…]…
86. …..
87. in(?) … eternity(?)/… ..

In line 80, Knohl claims to be able to see the Hebrew imperative for "live"- hayeh in smudged text. This has been highly disputed and a high-def copy of the text has recently been sent to a lab with experts in this area claiming that nothing can be distinguished from the smudge. Additionally, they stated that the line spacing was not consistent with other discovered texts from that time and that the ink on stone was highly unusual.

I love a good debate but this evidence does not even come close to proving anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Sorry, I was not replying to you, but to the one who replied to you.
Bad editing.
Peace, man.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
OH Yeah! Here we go again.I wake up and already we have our first anti Christian thread of the day, with many more to follow.
Like the guy the other day who sat up watching "The last Temptation Of Christ", and decided he had it all figured out. So you and you alone have solved the whole thing, all by yourself.
Well you got me convinced with that one page of research.

It's a good thing we have you here to straighten us all out with your vast knowledge into the subject and your absolute proof.
I will never question anything again as long as I have you to make things all so clear.
This, once again is getting so old.

I never said I was anti-Christian. For someone who has read my thread, you clearly didn't absorb it well enough.

Have another go-round with this...maybe you'll catch more on the second pass.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I'm not saying your correct (you are), but try not to be so blunt in your correctness, You don't want to annoy all the Christian extremists running around

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join