It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by artistpoet

Each has their own association with their Creator through their soul their thoughts and feelings
No one needs a priest or any other or even a book to know their Creator
Would you agree or not?

Well, from what I gather by reading the Holy Bible and not relying on my own feelings, I would say you can not KNOW God if He does not talk to you. Common sense wise, the only way to really know anyone is to communicate with them.

Read 1 Samuel chapter 3.....the whole chapter for a PERFECT example on how to know God. And more importantly, the methodology of knowing God. Please read that small chapter and give me your thoughts on it since I have took time out for you. BUT YOU MUST read it from a King James Version of the Holy Bible. Not "new" king james.....but an old fashion dime store KJV Bible. New bibles corrupt the story in 1 Sam 3.

But to answer your question, I would say you can be AWARE of God through nature and your surrounding...but you can't really KNOW Him. The problem of course is.....you are commanded to Know God....lest He tells you "Depart from me ye cursed, I never knew you"......

As for your thoughts and feelings being a way to associate with God............I would say no. Do you know who your worst enemy is on earth right now is? It's not Satan....not obama, not the IRS.....it's yourself.

You are your own worst enemy....and you always will be. The less you get to know yourself/express yourself/have self esteem/ or ACCEPT yourself, the better. Never accept yourself for who you are.....always strive to be better. This godless mess the schools teach our children about accepting yourself has giving America what it deserves......destruction.

Get to know God through His words He preserved for you.....get to know yourself less...

JEREMIAH 17:9
"The HEART is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: WHO CAN KNOW IT?? "

Good question......no one can. Except God through His word.

HEBREWS 4:12
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and SHARPER than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the HEART.

Take heed to these verses. This is 100% anti politically correct, and Dr. Phil would be crying by now.
edit on 13-4-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

Would prefer you to speak your own thoughts rather than parrot the Bible at me.
Keep it simple so it can be conversational rather than a lecture
Stop hiding behind the words of others. God gave you your own thoughts

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
I feel anger over cardinal Pell's remarks. He sat there with his arms folded and with a solemn face he stares into believers homes and tells them that what they know to be true is all a lie. Then the renowned atheists firmly rests his hand on Pell's shoulders and nods his hand. He is anti-Bible, in essence he is the Satan.

Apparently, Mr. Pell has very little respect for the institution for which he is employed and I feel that there should be disciplinary actions against him. His status in the church has dealt no blow to my faith or the Bible. He is not the authority on the Bible, nor the Catholic church, or any man on the face of the Earth. The kingdom of God is within you.

EDIT:

Are you suggesting that we turn to Biblical law? Would that not be the same as Sharia law essentially as both are based on Talmudic law (Leviticus being part of the Pentateuch, and Talmud)

If the kingdom of god is within you then why do you need to believe in the Adam and Eve fairy tale? If the kingdom of god is within you then how can it ever be threatened by things like evolution and inconsistencies in the bible. Why do you fear saying, I believe in god so the bible could be 100% wrong and it won't change a thing?

"Kingdom of God" is a Hebraism for "rule of God".

Soooo, you all want to go to god's rule?

When archaeologists excavate ancient Israeli sites the never find jails.

I'm tired of the rule of man myself.

Of course they did not have jails, if they stoned kids to death for being insubordinate to their parents, and stoned women and men to death for adultery, as the Bible teaches us Leviticus as the laws, imagine what they did to real criminals.
edit on 4/14/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I'm sure you would. But then I would be on your level.... Didn't you read what I wrote? I DON'T trust my own feelings or emotions when it comes to SPIRITUAL matters. I have the Holy Bible for that. God gave us everything we would EVER need spiritually through His blessed Holy Bible. Don't ruining it by trying to incorporate your emotions, feelings, and sentiments into the Holy Scriptures.....that's what cardinal Pell did......look where it got him

Yes God did.....and they are wicked more often than not. Thankfully I don't have to rely on my own thoughts. I have the Bible to make spiritual decisions for me.

P.s. I will happily "hid" behind the words of my Savior. They are better than my own words, or your words any day of the week.

Now did you read 1 Sam 3? I even posted the chapter for you. DO you dare not comment on it? Or just attack me?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by italiansomeone
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Also, you cannot judge something you do not know.

That's all.

Peace

You are very presumptuous!

IRM

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Over 450 ft. long (we're talking 1 and a 1/2 football fields)

A football field is 360 feet long.

Only if you include the end zones. The playing field is 300 ft. But, is that really a point you want to stand on?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I'm sure you would. But then I would be on your level.... Didn't you read what I wrote? I DON'T trust my own feelings or emotions when it comes to SPIRITUAL matters. I have the Holy Bible for that. God gave us everything we would EVER need spiritually through His blessed Holy Bible. Don't ruining it by trying to incorporate your emotions, feelings, and sentiments into the Holy Scriptures.....that's what cardinal Pell did......look where it got him

Yes God did.....and they are wicked more often than not. Thankfully I don't have to rely on my own thoughts. I have the Bible to make spiritual decisions for me.

P.s. I will happily "hid" behind the words of my Savior. They are better than my own words, or your words any day of the week.

Now did you read 1 Sam 3? I even posted the chapter for you. DO you dare not comment on it? Or just attack me?

What is my level - the level you say I am on?
I am not trying to ruin the Bible as you infer -
If the Bible is your guide to make decisions in life then so be it.
Cardinal Pell means nothing to me why do you liken him to me?
Not sure what you mean by "Look where that got him" when referring to Pell
So the words of the Bible are better than my words you say - Did I ever say any different?

Finally you say "Thankfully I don't have to rely on my own thoughts. I have the Bible to make spiritual decisions for me"
I do not need to rely on the Bible to make such decisions - does this make me wicked in your eyes?
Yes I did read Samuel - It is another Bible story of how one becomes blind and deaf metaphorically speaking in regards to being unaware of the communication one has with one's creator to be succinct
I am not attacking you as you claim - merely communicating - sorry if you do not like what I have to say

edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: err

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

This post is proof that indoctrination and brainwashing is still real and alive in religious circles. So are you the brain-washer, or the brainwashed "KJV1611"?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Get ye behind me Ryan from Canada
Thy seed is an abomination upon the face of the Earth
Ye vomit forth thy dark thoughts and there are carrots in it
Bitterness and the gnashing of teeth shall be thy inheritance and if you don't have teeth they will be provided

edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: GOD IS WATCHING YOU

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
and so come out all the crazy religious people, I am spirtiual, I believe in a higher being etc, but I dont harass and push it in other peoples faces!

This thread is just bringing out all the crazies out of the woodwork now.

The problem as with all things in life is choice!

Choose to believe, choose not to,...whatever,.its your choice!!!

Adam & Eve would have existed at some point, of course they would have done, but so long ago in Darwins world, that they likely scribed on cave walls, rather than danced around a magical garden eating apples!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I DON'T trust my own feelings or emotions when it comes to SPIRITUAL matters.

That's your problem right there mate. Look within.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I do not need to rely on the Bible to make such decisions - does this make me wicked in your eyes?

No, it just makes you arrogant, self willed, and self righteous...no offense. Don't ever make spiritual decisions without guidance from the Holy Bible. You, me, and everyone else are too stupid spiritually to do so on our own.

Yes I did read Samuel - It is another Bible story of how one becomes blind and deaf metaphorically speaking in regards to being unaware of the communication one has with one's creator to be succinct

You mean to say "it is MY OPINION that this story was metaphorically speaking".....am I correct your majesty? I highlighted the verses you needed to pay attention to. Since God DOES NOT talk to us verbally like He did to His prophets years back, we must rely SOLELY on the written words of His He preserved for us. This is the only way to KNOW God in an INTELLIGENT manner.

I am not attacking you as you claim - merely communicating - sorry if you do not like what I have to say

I was being sarcastic. No worries bud, I don't get offended easily......at all. Psalms 119:165.
edit on 14-4-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Over 450 ft. long (we're talking 1 and a 1/2 football fields)

A football field is 360 feet long.

Only if you include the end zones. The playing field is 300 ft. But, is that really a point you want to stand on?

Who are you trying to school? I'm the one who brought it up to you! You can't play football without end zones!

edit on 14-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

You people are as blind as bats, and it is almost laughable watching Satan blind you guys. It does sadden me though. You guys are all going to LOVE each other straight to death.
Look within?? What am I suppose to find there? I think Jesus Christ Himself made it clear, there is nothing good on the inside of man you carebear you, READ THE VERSES:

John 2:24-25
But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

Matthew 15:16-20
"16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands DEFILETH not a man. "

Luke 11:13
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

Mark 7:21-23
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

JEREMIAH 17:9
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: WHO CAN KNOW IT? "

Comment?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The point that flew over your head:

When the people know the penalty associated with their sin they refuse to do it, jails are not needed.

Your error in Hermaneutics:

Leviticus is laws for the tribe of Levi, not even for other Jews let alone any Gentile.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sure you can, it's called soccer.............

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This post is proof that indoctrination and brainwashing is still real and alive in religious circles. So are you the brain-washer, or the brainwashed "KJV1611"?

I'm the blood washed. What about you?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

I DON'T trust my own feelings or emotions when it comes to SPIRITUAL matters.

That is Satan's advice. " Don't listen to God, you don't need Him, you can do it yourself!"

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sure you can, it's called soccer.............

Is the other poster not American?

If so I apologize. If he is, its still a massive fail.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Revelations 7:14-15

What's that red stain on your shirt?.....................

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
this is amazing news

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join