It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
I feel anger over cardinal Pell's remarks. He sat there with his arms folded and with a solemn face he stares into believers homes and tells them that what they know to be true is all a lie. Then the renowned atheists firmly rests his hand on Pell's shoulders and nods his hand. He is anti-Bible, in essence he is the Satan.

Apparently, Mr. Pell has very little respect for the institution for which he is employed and I feel that there should be disciplinary actions against him. His status in the church has dealt no blow to my faith or the Bible. He is not the authority on the Bible, nor the Catholic church, or any man on the face of the Earth. The kingdom of God is within you.

Why did you even watch the goat parade?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace
But, in your life there will be many times God will show you the truth, you just have to be ready. I hope you're ready.

Yeah, you HAVE to be ready because god kinda likes to sneak up on people. He will leave subtle hints that you have to work at to understand. He will never use that all-powerful booming voice of his to call out, 'HEY DUMMY, YOU'RE GOIN' THE WRONG WAY!"

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

But, in your life there will be many times God will show you the truth, you just have to be ready. I hope you're ready.

Yeah, you HAVE to be ready because god kinda likes to sneak up on people. He will leave subtle hints that you have to work at to understand. He will never use that all-powerful booming voice of his to call out, 'HEY DUMMY, YOU'RE GOIN' THE WRONG WAY!"

To all those that have ears - take off your deerstalker maybe he will whisper His secrets like sweet nothings in your ears or maybe nothing probably

edit on 13-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo cos i am an imbecile

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Is there a 'Church of Gump' where we all show up sporting crew cuts and leg braces? That would actually be kind of fun. It would be like going to a Halloween party with Vietnam veterans.

AHHH! Forrest Gump isn't real! The good Gump book states that Forrest went up into space with an orangutan, and we ALL know that NASA has never got a rocket off the ground. It's all a conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I feel anger over cardinal Pell's remarks. He sat there with his arms folded and with a solemn face he stares into believers homes and tells them that what they know to be true is all a lie. Then the renowned atheists firmly rests his hand on Pell's shoulders and nods his hand. He is anti-Bible, in essence he is the Satan.

Apparently, Mr. Pell has very little respect for the institution for which he is employed and I feel that there should be disciplinary actions against him. His status in the church has dealt no blow to my faith or the Bible. He is not the authority on the Bible, nor the Catholic church, or any man on the face of the Earth. The kingdom of God is within you.

If the kingdom of god is within you then why do you need to believe in the Adam and Eve fairy tale? If the kingdom of god is within you then how can it ever be threatened by things like evolution and inconsistencies in the bible. Why do you fear saying, I believe in god so the bible could be 100% wrong and it won't change a thing?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Is there a 'Church of Gump' where we all show up sporting crew cuts and leg braces? That would actually be kind of fun. It would be like going to a Halloween party with Vietnam veterans.

AHHH! Forrest Gump isn't real! The good Gump book states that Forrest went up into space with an orangutan, and we ALL know that NASA has never got a rocket off the ground. It's all a conspiracy!

Forrest Gump is real - There is footage of him with the president

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Did the human race begin with one man only?

"No; he whom you call Adam was neither the first nor the only man who peopled the earth."

Is it possible to know at what period Adam lived?

"About the period which you assign to him, that is to say, about 4000 years before Christ."

The man of whom, under the name of Adam, tradition has preserved the memory, was one of those who, in some one of the countries of the globe, survived one of the great cataclysms which at various epochs have changed its surface, and who became the founder of one of the races that people the earth at the present day. The laws of nature render it impossible that the amount of progress which we know to have been accomplished by the human race of our planet long before the time of Christ could have been accomplished so rapidly as must have been the case if it had only been in existence upon the globe since the period assigned as the date of Adam. The opinion most consonant with reason is that which regards the story of Adam as a myth, or as an allegory personifying the earliest ages of the world Diversity of Human Races.
www.spiritwritings.com...
edit on 13-4-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I knew it! Anyone want to buy a slightly-used ping-pong table?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

And he went to Vietnam and had a friend with a shrimp boat. Now we're expected to believe Vietnam didn't happen or shrimp don't exist??

Blasphemy!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If the kingdom of god is within you then why do you need to believe in the Adam and Eve fairy tale? If the kingdom of god is within you then how can it ever be threatened by things like evolution and inconsistencies in the bible. Why do you fear saying, I believe in god so the bible could be 100% wrong and it won't change a thing?

"Kingdom of God" is a Hebraism for "rule of God".

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Each has their own association with their Creator through their soul their thoughts and feelings.
No one needs a priest or any other or even a book to know their Creator

Would you agree or not?

The Bible is clear that man is without excuse. You can know God through the Bible and the world around you. It's possible to know God without even opening the Bible.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It's a pity that short posts are frowned upon. All I wanted to do here is

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Each has their own association with their Creator through their soul their thoughts and feelings.

Would you agree or not?

The Bible is clear that man is without excuse. You can know God through the Bible and the world around you. It's possible to know God without even opening the Bible.

Yes true I don't need to open the Bible as I have had most of it quoted at me

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It's a pity that short posts are frowned upon. All I wanted to do here is

Where is your second line - you know the rules

edit on 13-4-2012 by artistpoet because: GOT SCARED AND ADDED 2

edit on 13-4-2012 by artistpoet because: DAMMIT

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Salvation is only a state of mind, and I recognize that God's reign is eternal and sovereign. These things might not make sense to you yet, but I have faith you will come around. So what if I got a couple things in the Bible wrong. Since I've started reading it, it's done nothing but enhance my life, made me happier, and hopefully made the people around me happier. We are all living human lives here, nobody has all the answers so these are my beliefs.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Since I've started reading it, it's done nothing but enhance my life, made me happier, and hopefully made the people around me happier. We are all living human lives here, nobody has all the answers so these are my beliefs.

Yes, yes! When you opened the bible you were looking for good stuff to enhance your life, so it's only the good stuff that you found. The death and bood and hate and revenge and vengence and inconsistencies and contradictions passed right by your eyes without you seeing it. The human mind is powerful like that.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

"Kingdom of God" is a Hebraism for "rule of God".

Soooo, you all want to go to god's rule?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There is no argument with men who places clay in their ears. Stop defending Christianity and let it grow on its own course . cannot make everyone believe

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
There is no argument with men who places clay in their ears. Stop defending Christianity and let it grow on its own course . cannot make everyone believe
When men and women argue against God, God is on their mind. No one can hide from God forever.
I can't make anyone believe. Everyone has free will. Answering questions doubters raise, is one way of trying to break through the hardened heart.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Each has their own association with their Creator through their soul their thoughts and feelings
Would you agree or not?

Well, from what I gather by reading the Holy Bible and not relying on my own feelings, I would say you can not KNOW God if He does not talk to you. Common sense wise, the only way to really know anyone is to communicate with them.

Read 1 Samuel chapter 3.....the whole chapter for a PERFECT example on how to know God. And more importantly, the methodology of knowing God. Please read that small chapter and give me your thoughts on it since I have took time out for you. BUT YOU MUST read it from a King James Version of the Holy Bible. Not "new" king james.....but an old fashion dime store KJV Bible. New bibles corrupt the story in 1 Sam 3.

But to answer your question, I would say you can be AWARE of God through nature and your surrounding...but you can't really KNOW Him. The problem of course is.....you are commanded to Know God....lest He tells you "Depart from me ye cursed, I never knew you"......

As for your thoughts and feelings being a way to associate with God............I would say no. Do you know who your worst enemy is on earth right now is? It's not Satan....not obama, not the IRS.....it's yourself.

You are your own worst enemy....and you always will be. The less you get to know yourself/express yourself/have self esteem/ or ACCEPT yourself, the better. Never accept yourself for who you are.....always strive to be better. This godless mess the schools teach our children about accepting yourself has giving America what it deserves......destruction.

Get to know God through His words He preserved for you.....get to know yourself less...

JEREMIAH 17:9
"The HEART is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: WHO CAN KNOW IT?? "

Good question......no one can. Except God through His word.

HEBREWS 4:12
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and SHARPER than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the HEART.

Take heed to these verses. This is 100% anti politically correct, and Dr. Phil would be crying by now.
edit on 13-4-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join