It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 40
<< 37  38  39   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

au.news.yahoo.com

In comments that may shock some staunch Catholics, Cardinal George Pell has described the biblical story of Adam and Eve as a myth.

He appeared alongside renowned evolutionary biologist and atheist, Professor Richard Dawkins, on the ABC's Q&A program last night.

(visit the link for the full news article)

I wonder if there are actual people, you know "grown ups" that would be surprised by this statement? not *act surprised* but actually be surprised.

-rrr

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Barcs
Of course Adam and Eve as true father and mother of the human race is false. It's pretty much understood by science that the homo sapien population never dipped below 2,000 at any given time. We can tell this based on our mapped genome. What the bible describes seems more like a genetic experimentation lab. Adam, Lillith and Eve were lab rats, but there were already thousands upon thousands of humans out there in the world at the time and probably Neanderthals as well. Part of me wonders if the garden of eden was actually intended to get Neanderthals to breed with homo sapiens to increase genetic diversity.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

Eve's name would be Chavah, giver of life, now shekinah/holy spirit is also giver of life and comforter, also god is giver of life.

There had to be a first someone somewhere

Nope. There certainly does not have to be a first someone. There was a species or group of someones that slowly changed over millions of years into what modern humans look like today. It is impossible to account for racial diversity and other things, in a simple adam and eve scenario 10,000 years ago or whatever.

I'd put their credentials and colleges up against anyone else's.

And I'd still like to see the experiments they have done that suggest new information is never added to DNA. Stop procrastinating and back up the claim. All the actual science experiments I have seen on mutation rates show that is not true.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Garfee

I know many Christians who are in agreement.

I bet they all have different interpretations on at least one thing in the bible.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

All Christians don't have to agree on everything to be Christians...
...they only have to agree on one thing, that Jesus was divine, became human, died and was resurrected...
...everything else is up for discussion and usually is.

<< 37  38  39   >>

join