It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stretch of sand/beach disappears at Los Frailes,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
If you guys aren't familiar with Human_Alien he/she isn't that interested in proving or really finding answers they just love to start a lot of threads. Throw a million things at the wall and one of them might stick kinda thing.

The great thing about ATS is posting thread after thread earns you a colored box around your words regardless of the quality of the posts.

I see. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The photos taken just a few days ago are EXACTLY the same as it looked back in 2002........

It appears to have unusually deep water directly in front of where the beach suddenly disappeared from and is probably a feature of the prevailing winds and tides and the currents they cause in and out of the bay.Sand is continually scooped out from that spot by the currents that will travel faster as they get pushed into the apex before they take the sand with them and deposit it further out into the bay (this is how oxbow lakes are formed from sharp bends in rivers).
Eventually as now and back in 2002 it gets to a point where we're left with an almost vertical wall of sand underneath the water that doesn't have enough strength of it's own and the beach simply collapses into the sea taking a LOT of sand with it.Then by a process I haven't figured out yet the it's all reversed and the sand gradually washes back into the apex of the bay again and starts to build the beach back up to it's former glory.The sound was nothing more sinister than the collapse taking place as several million cubic feet of beach collapsed into deep water.By about 2020 it'll almost certainly be back to the shape it was last week again.

What I find odd here is the locals talking as if this has never before happened in living memory when in fact it did only ten years ago?
edit on 7-4-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

Nice work

I think but for the fact this happened overnight, sets this apart from what might've happened in the past.

Plus, the boom-noises that were heard prior...might be something different too.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

If you guys aren't familiar with Human_Alien he/she isn't that interested in proving or really finding answers they just love to start a lot of threads. Throw a million things at the wall and one of them might stick kinda thing.

The great thing about ATS is posting thread after thread earns you a colored box around your words regardless of the quality of the posts.

That was pretty harsh.
I'm just posting what I find. Why are you acting so cruel and jealous?
You think I care about symbols, colors, points and numbers? You obviously don't know me as well as you claim. You don't even know if I'm male or female?

Your post is spiteful and hateful. And I'm not sure why.

I haven't read anything in this thread that caused this to suddenly happened. And you certainly haven't added anything of value either.

I am reading what looks to be periods of time when this might've happened before But not in a 24 hour time-frame.
So what's your problem?

Say, you don't mind if I add you to my friends' list do you?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Jesus knew we failed, why. this may not be related, so delete as per. human intelect, TO SURVIVE. The basic primal need. If you have to take beach sand to make cement for an underground establishment, so be it. humanity survives, but to twist the facts of why is another story. end transmission.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

Yes. The dunes do sound something like the weird noises of late. Not sure if that helps solve all the noises but perhaps the coastal ones anyway.
Good find

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Pretty much right on all accounts. I know its silly and foolish but so is most of what you put on ATS so what is the difference? Your indifference to what you are discussing so long as you are interacting on the website is what is annoying to me. We have had many discussions before I am all too familiar with how you communicate on this board I was just trying to save the other posters time by letting them know it was going to be useless to argue with you over proofs and facts.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

After re-reading your venomous unprovoked post it's clear you're jealous that mine:

P 6,406 F 3,495 S 10,121
W 113 K 29

is BIGGER than yours:

P 969 F 41 S 788
W 7 K 13

I guess size does matter to the insecure!

My threads are interesting, non-mainstream, controversial and unconventional. And I love living life that way. It's the way I'm hardwired and I have enough 'friends' on here to know I'm doing a service for others.

Tell you what, seeing you have issue with me, my new GOLD ribbon around my thread .....that I just got today, should be enough warning to alert you to stay away from my threads from now on, You know, in case you accidentally stumble into one by accident!
So it's a win-win bonanza for all

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Thank you.Looking at it it from further out (I didn't even know where Baja was until tonight despite having owned a radio controlled Baja bug some years ago) I see that it's only just round the corner from the big wide pacific ocean with little to slow down the VERY strong currents that hit the peninsula from the west.I see there's a number of underwater canyons between Cabo on the souther tip of the peninsula and Los Frailes which will have been gouged out by the extra strong currents close to the coastline,then they hit the smallish headland on the north side of the bay and form eddy currents that are stronger in the narrowest part of the bay,the bit that keeps collapsing.

Again nothing odd apart from the lack of local knowledge of what appears to be a 10 year cycle,just the awesome power of mother nature at work here.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Pretty much right on all accounts. I know its silly and foolish but so is most of what you put on ATS so what is the difference? Your indifference to what you are discussing so long as you are interacting on the website is what is annoying to me. We have had many discussions before I am all too familiar with how you communicate on this board I was just trying to save the other posters time by letting them know it was going to be useless to argue with you over proofs and facts.

Then what amazes me is, if this is your impression, why read my threads? Are you a glutton? You say I annoy you. Do you have an impulsive control problem?

You don't like how I think and I don't like how you react. I am not about to stop posting but you can certainly refrain by not visiting. See? It's resolved.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

In your great research you just conducted, did you find that this happened before overnight?

People like you make up for the few undesirables and I appreciate people of your caliber, Thanks again

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

After re-reading your venomous unprovoked post it's clear you're jealous that mine:

P 6,406 F 3,495 S 10,121
W 113 K 29

is BIGGER than yours:

P 969 F 41 S 788
W 7 K 13

I guess size does matter to the insecure!

My threads are interesting, non-mainstream, controversial and unconventional. And I love living life that way. It's the way I'm hardwired and I have enough 'friends' on here to know I'm doing a service for others.

Tell you what, seeing you have issue with me, my new GOLD ribbon around my thread .....that I just got today, should be enough warning to alert you to stay away from my threads from now on, You know, in case you accidentally stumble into one by accident!
So it's a win-win bonanza for all

See I knew it was about the points and box =) So fun to type on ATS. Back to your fun sorry for the sideline.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

In your great research you just conducted, did you find that this happened before overnight?

People like you make up for the few undesirables and I appreciate people of your caliber, Thanks again

I didn't do any PROPER research,all that I wrote came from studying Google earth images and applying standard geographical principles to what I could see.On this occasion I see it happened at 5 AM but could just as well have been 5 PM or any other time of the day,the time is not in any way significant to what happened here.It MIGHT correspond to low tide,because the beach slopes as sharply as it does there's not that much difference between the high and low tide marks.At high tide the extra depth of water could support the wall of sand but at low tide there's a lot less support and the sand will have dried out,it just collapses.Have you ever tried to build a sand castle with dry sand and then one with wet sand,notice which one holds it's shape and which one collapses into a shapeless blob?

I did have a quick read on Google but couldn't find any mention of any previous beach collapses,only this one.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
What I find odd here is the locals talking as if this has never before happened in living memory when in fact it did only ten years ago?

If they act like something weird is going on, they might get more tourists?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

"Unprecedented" is good enough for me to know something is not right here.

Well, if that's your rule of thumb for thinking something isn't right, may I suggest a better yardstick? Stuff like this has been going on since before mankind, only man's own arrogance combined with their ignorance could possible think that when the mundane happens during THEIR life time that they mus be living in "special" times and something is "coming".

Sorry dude, life is mundane compared to your overwhelming desire for fantasy, but I for one still find our world amazon without having to resort to such outrageous assumptions in order to enjoy it for what it is.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hi Human, thanks for posting this. I find this to be interesting and somewhat relevant to me because I live in California. I will look into this more and see what I can find.

I just wanted to let you know that I have read many of your threads and I find them to be interesting and informative. I enjoy reading your posts and I encourage you to keep up the good work.

Ignore people like SputnickSteve. I don't think he's ever contributed anything positive to any thread here ever and I don't really care what his opinions are and neither should you. He's what's known as dead weight

S&F

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The first explanation that came to my mind was high Spring tide caused by the full moon last week, which likely eroded away the beach or caused an underwater landslide. High tides can erode and destroy beaches literally over night, especially full moon induced Spring tides, but are actually a pretty common occurrence.
edit on 8-4-2012 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

My First Report ARTESIA, N.M. Thousands of crackle birds invade the town. I'm not from Artesia NM But. I do live in NM, and this really got my attention. The local news is really playing this down. The news mentions thousands of crackle birds, it's more like 10,000 crackle birds. No one in Artesia NM has ever seen anything like this on such a massive scale. The birds arrived at or about the time of the 7.9 EQ in Mexico city, 1, 186 miles away. Then some guy on you tube posts some smoke plumes ( volcanic activity) from the NM Desert, on 3-24-2012 and that place is not to far from Artesia NM.

Carrizozo lavic fields — New Mexico .

Large invasion of Birds

There a video of them all over the town.

I don't know if anyone is connecting the dots to this yet.

Mexico City EQ 7.9
Massive bird invasion in Artesia NM
This guy Duch from you tube claims Volcanic activity. That place is not far from Artesia NM, where he pin points the smoke plumes too. I can vouch for duch as far as there is lava field's there. I hope that place is not becoming active because it is very black from Google earth. not like red and black as other ancient lava fields in this state, I been to a few of the Ancient fields.

edit on 8-4-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by Imagewerx

If they act like something weird is going on, they might get more tourists?

Actually it is a really beautiful looking place,maybe I should plan a vacation there,2022 at this current rate of collapse seems like a good year to go and witness something spectacular
?

It could also mean it hasn't collapsed like this before and the process has always been gradual,would be nice to find an aerial photo from around the year 2000.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Possibly unnatural, possibly natural......

cliff slide erosion

www.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe the samething happens under the sand?

Im going to go ahead with natural occurrence.
edit on 8-4-2012 by wisper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join