It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please explain this bible contradiction?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
According to the bible, God made the Rainbow Covenant with Noah, and promised never to flood the world again. As to the question of why God didn't just send Jesus then instead of flooding the earth?
...I guess only God knows that one...

There are many interpretations of the Bible and associated text. Whether a person believes the words as true or false will change the answer to the questions. Personally, I think the Bible is only partially correct. Taking it as a literal truth is not how it was intended to be used, and only with proper translations will the words ever be completly understood....and modern interpretations aren't even close.

edit on 2-4-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

I thought part of the reason was to rid the world of the "giants"

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

One has nothing to do with the other. Before Jesus, people had to make blood sacrifices with animals to atone for their sins. The sacrifice of Jesus took the place of that so no sacrifices of animals were required after that.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The reason the Father sent his Son was so that we may see the truth in all the lies. The creator saw how easily his people could be mislead and out of LOVE he sent his only son to save all of us. There are countless contradictions in the bible, text that has been omitted or altered to serve the principles of power, greed and control. Once again it is the great misconception of what and who God is. Why is it that God is automatically the bad guy???

PLPL

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Israylite4ever

Originally posted by 4hero
If you believe in that fairy tale story book, then why not go one further and say why did god create man to allow him to become evil? Why did god kill all innocent people and not just remove the bad people? Obviously 'god' is not as clever as you think..

Quick question, who created god?

Who created god's creator? And so on? It's infinite!

Free Will is something He is dealing with. It's MY own choice if I decide to sin. As it was Adam and Eve's. Our free will is more complicated than You think. How would You "control" a multitude of nations and culture's free will? Free Will, as well as our senses from sight to smell to taste to touching are all gifts given to Us by YHWH. He knows We are natural transgressors. He knew we would eat the forbidden fruit becuase our free will wants to satisfy our senses.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

FREEWILL. YHWH understood freewill before He created Us, therefore He created Us anyway. YHWH rested on the 7th day. The 7th day is the 7000th Year, which is already here. Call on the name YAHUWA and You will be saved.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
I don't mean to offend, but I am sure some of you will be offended..

In the bible god apparently flooded the entire earth to drown everyone and eliminate corruption and sin.
But later rather than drown the entire world again he sends down Jesus to absorb the world of sin.

Why did he drown the entire world in the first place when he could have just sent down Jesus?

Was this brutal slaughter of mankind necessary? And why doesn’t he use the same method on us?

Does this prove that the god of the bible is not all knowing and clearly makes mistakes? Because if he was all knowing he would have known that drowning the entire world was not effective.

Personally I don't give much credence to Old Testament stories like this one. The OT stories were written many hundreds or even thousands of years after the supposed events occurred. Certainly those who wrote the stories believed them to be true, but it's doubtful they were completely accurate since they were repeating stories that had passed through many generations. The flood story is a good example, while there is zero evidence that the world has ever been completely flooded there is ample evidence that there was an ancient, severe, localized flood in the Middle East when a natural dam gave way and allowed the contents of a large lake to spill out and flood an inhabited area wiping out many villages in the process. It is highly likely that tales of that event eventually morphed into the flood story. Now contrast that with the New Testament stories of the life of Jesus. We have copies of the texts that date to just a century after Christ's crucifixion, and even recent examples that are believed to have been written less than 50 years after his death on the cross. We also have non-biblical writings that corroborate the gospel accounts. And we have 4 separate gospel accounts that largely give the same information. The stories are much more consistent and reliable than what you see in the OT.

Also when you consider that God must be pure and perfect to even meet the definition of God, clearly some of the OT accounts (like flooding the world to kill sinners) are not consistent with a God pure of heart and spirit whereas Jesus' ministry is 100% consistent with the acts of a perfect God.

My point is don't look at OT tales and convince yourself that God doesn't exist because of acts that were attributed to him by men. God exists outside of what men have written about him. For example, I could tell you that Ghandi was responsible for genocide on a massive scale that he ordered to "cleanse the world" and you could scoff and say surely that never happened because the Ghandi you've heard of couldn't do such a thing, and you could conclude from that that Ghandi never existed. But he did, I just attributed acts to him incorrectly, so the fault is with the writer, not the subject. The true nature of the subject can be quite different than the writings, and in my opinion, such is the case with God and the OT.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

In the bible god apparently flooded the entire earth to drown everyone and eliminate corruption and sin.

That wasn't the reason for the flood. It wasn't a sin problem He dealt with but a genetic one. When it says Noah was "perfect' in his generation it wasn't talking about sinless perfection, but undefiled DNA. It word for "perfect" is elsewhere used for "unblemished" when talking about sacrificial animals.

It was a problem with the Nephilim.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Originally posted by isyeye
According to the bible, God made the Rainbow Covenant with Noah, and promised never to flood the world again. As to the question of why God didn't just send Jesus then instead of flooding the earth?
...I guess only God knows that one...

There are many interpretations of the Bible and associated text. Whether a person believes the words as true or false will change the answer to the questions. Personally, I think the Bible is only partially correct. Taking it as a literal truth is not how it was intended to be used, and only with proper translations will the words ever be completly understood....and modern interpretations aren't even close.

I thought part of the reason was to rid the world of the "giants"

Yep. If people fumble Genesis 6 they won't get much of the OT, especially parts where God commands the death of every person in certain Rephaim and Nephilim tribes even the infants. (Numbers chapter 13 specifically)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I guess the flood wasn't very effective, then, since there were so many left of those God sought to destroy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
...first, the plate tectonics theory we all know from school is wrong! plate tectonics are not moving around the world... world is growing.... long time a go atlantic and pacific ocean have no connection ... till the time when earth grow a bit more and plate tectonic move fare from each other ... that is the time of big flood... sea level of those two was different... pacific and atlantic! that is what make extinct a lot of species include dinosaurs... they just die with no time to adapt for different environment ... to much for them
+earth grow and gravity to... they will be not able to hold them weight today =) cos earth have more mass today, dont ask me how and why please... it affect humans to... but today people do not believe humans are here(on earth) that time
funny... if U are not stupid U can find out your self that theory of extinction of dinosaurs is not truth... =) comet? meteorite? ... that will take short time if... but that thing never happen

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
because God got tired of constantly wiping out mankind, so He probably thought is was better to take the good ones that didn't want to be part of this rotten corrupt world and leave the rest to self-destruct.

You got to understand, when God starts over, it is because these human beings he wiped out where no longer human, they were lost, absolutely no humanity or goodness in them.

they would make make maximum security inmates look like saints.

i see it as an act of mercy.

that's my opinion.

edit on 3-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

I guess that wipes out the omniscient theory.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The "Lord" in the Bible is Yahweh right? Yahweh is a Anunnaki. A Elohim. Not the Almighty creator. His original Sumerian name is En.lil. It means "Lord of the Command". He had control over one section of Earth (Northern Africa), just like his brother En.ki/E.a/Ptah had dominion over another realm (Southern Africa). There sucsession fued goes back to a time before the flood (circa 12,000 bc). E.a was the scientist who suggested crafting a new being from the wild man that already inhabited ancient Africa. The "Lulu" or "mixed one" was the result. A blend of Ape and Angel if you will. This infuriated En.lil/Yahweh, because he didn't have the genetic prowess to craft such a being. In Genesis he had to take the Adam and place him in the E.den.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure there are more mistakes in the bible than there are anywhere else, why would god create dinosaurs in the first place?...and the fact is that the bible does not even mention of the gigantic animals which roamed the earth millions of years ago, but says that the earth was created 6000 years ago and Adam & Eve were the first humans...
edit on 3-4-2012 by PedoBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally

why would god create dinosaurs in the first place?...]

they needed at a time some giant computers to deal with the too much growing of ozon layers at that point

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Dont know if anyones told you, but mankind was cross bred with the fallen ones.....
The Flood was sent to destrot the bloodline of the fallen angels or guardians.
or watchers....
Then afterwards the Jews whacked most of the rest taking the holy laand
Hitites, Jebusites, caananites, al slaughtered (ethnically cleansed on Gods orders......
They even killed all their animalss and stuff too...men women and kids....
really have to read that book a long time to get it....when you do get it, you find you really dont need the book..........

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I guess the flood wasn't very effective, then, since there were so many left of those God sought to destroy.

No, satan overheard God tell Abraham the Israelites would be in exile for 400 years and he tried to infest the land again with Nephilim and Rephaim. God didn't need to destroy the entire Earth, just those tribes in Canaan. Daniel says these fallen angels will try thin nonsense again at the end times, look at the iron mixed with clay comment from Daniel.

"They shall mingle themselves with the seed of man".

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

The "Lord" in the Bible is Yahweh right? Yahweh is a Anunnaki.

No, YHWH is not Anunnaki. Those are Nephilim, "sons of Anak". The demi-god offspring of fallen angels and man. What do you think abductions are for today? "THEY" are doing it again for this grand endtimes deception. When the rapture happens satan has a huge problem he must address immediately to keep his folks and those who have heard of the rapture before from crossing over to the God of the Bible. He'll claim our "space brothers" have come to save us from sudden annihilation by an evil alien race, and we must all join forces against them to save ourselves. And that there were certain folks (Christians) who had to be be removed from the Earth because they will be a hindrance to ushering in the Age of Aquarius, the age of peace and enlightenment.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
THEIR "ETHNOGENESIS" SAYS ASHKENAZI ARE FROM JAPHETH AND NOT SHEM. THEREFORE THEREFORE THEY ARE NOT SEMETIC AT ALL. THIS IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET ACROSS TO THE ATHEISTS. CHRISTIANS ARE PROBABLY MORE BRAINWASHED THAN THEY ARE. I NEED THE CRITICAL THINKERS WHO SPOT CONTRADICTION AND I NEED THEM TO BECOME AWARE OF THE FAKE UNITED NATIONS CREATED "ISREAL" WHICH IS CAUSING SUFFERING OVER A LIE. PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE YOU WANT TO ARGUE OVER A LIE.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You use the term "Zionist" which "ZION" is the root of. "ZION" only exists because of religious texts. You need to explain who and where these people come from? You believe in the God? Than You can tell Me why Gog and Magog and Ashkenaz inhabit Jerusalem when they aren't supposed to? That means every so-called "jew" in the fake "UN" created Isreal. Do You know the term "Ashkenazi Jew" is a complete 100% OXYMORON? You cannot be "antisemetic" to an ASKENAZI JEW because they are NOT SEMETIC IN THE FIRST PLACE. If people studied religous text they would see the conspiracy for what it is. But since people choose to ignore the "contradictions" of scripture and reality that counts: THE CONTRADICTION OF THE FAKE UN CREATED ISREAL. People are suffering. This world is A-D-D and too smart for their own good.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm only making people AWARE of this CONTRADICTION OF REALITY because it is THE WORST OF THE WORST OF A LIE and it is the single most important issue that is RUINING THE TRUTH OF THIS WORLD. IGNORANT IS *NOT* WHAT I CAME HERE TO MAKE YOU. I WANT YOU TO BECOME AWARE OF SUFFERING CAUSED BY THIS LIE. THIS WHOLE FORUMS IS BASED ON ARGUING OVER WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS TRUE AND I AM DOING NOTHING DIFFERENT THAN ANY OF THOSE WHO FOLLOW THE GUIDLINES. OTHER THAN THE CAPS. BE AWARE OF THE FAKE UN CREATED ISREAL LIE.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think one of the best evidences of the Biblical Flood taking place is to hear the work of Paul James-Griffiths, who has spent the last 22 years + researching our ancestry and it's origins.

Fascinating video and hard to simply dismiss.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join