It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please explain this bible contradiction?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

The world before the Deluge was similar to the world we see today - filled with violence and corruption. Only THAT world had also included among it's leaders men bred from angels and humans "the Nephilim". Therefore these half human, half angels AND their fathers walked among human beings no doubt as despots and causing as much trouble as they possibly could. (Genesis 6:5) . . ."Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time"

The Bible calls them the mighty "men of fame" ...

Noah stood out - (Genesis 6:9-12) . . ."Noah was a righteous man. He proved himself faultless among his contemporaries. Noah walked with the [true] God. 10 In time Noah became father to three sons, Shem, Ham and Ja′pheth. 11 And the earth came to be ruined in the sight of the [true] God and the earth became filled with violence. 12 So God saw the earth and, look! it was ruined, because all flesh had ruined its way on the earth"

More and more evidence is coming to light of a highly sophisticated global civilisation, which then slowly re-assimilated later.

Jesus believed in the Flood of Noah's day - and he likened the conditions on the Earth before the flood exactly to be the same as the conditions right before God would step in and destroy wickedness on the Earth again -

(Matthew 24:36-39) . . .“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be"

God did nothing before he gave mankind fair warning - what most people forget about Noah and his family (2 Peter 2:5) . . .and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness. . .

Noah not only built an ark - he also preached to his contempories about the coming deluge.

No doubt Noah's friends and enenmies all scoffed and laughed at the families labours ridiculing their efforts at every opportunity - (Matthew 24:39) . . ."and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, . . "

It is EXACTLY the same in our day. Men are being warned about the coming destruction because this world is again filled with violence.....

What is the response of many?......Just the same as in the time of the Prophets warning the Israelites of God's warning to them if they continually turned to false worship......2 Chronicles 36:16. . ."But they were continually making jest at the messengers of the [true] God and despising his words and mocking at his prophets, until the rage of Jehovah came up against his people, until there was no healing"

What is interesting is that Noah had NO idea when the flood would begin until the very end. He just did what God asked of him building an Ark, gathering the animals together and warning the people around him of what was to come.......

Seven days BEFORE the deluge began - the true God Jehovah - told Noah of his plans and his timescale - Genesis 7:4 . . ."For in just seven days more I am making it rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will wipe every existing thing that I have made off the surface of the ground.” Only Noah and his family were judged by God to survive the flood and this warning 7 days before the flood came, gave them enough time to get all the animals and the food stuffs into the Ark.

Genesis 7:16 . . .After that Jehovah shut the door behind him. . .

According to the Bible in Genesis 7:11, 12  "In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on this day all the springs of the vast watery deep were broken open and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.  And the downpour upon the earth went on for forty days and forty nights. . ."

Imagine how ALL those people who had scoffed at Noah & his families' message must have felt, because they hadn't listened to his words? What further events lie just ahead of us in our day to show that the Flood of Noah's day was a foregleam of what is to come on a modern world filled with violence....

1. A marked declaration (or series of declarations) of a supposed man made international peace & security. (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3)

2. The nations to turn and devastate false religion, "Babylon the Great" which God will allow in order for them to act as executioners, just as he did using the Medes & the Persians to destory ancient Babylon

3. The nations will then turn on the people warning of this coming tribulation. This time God will act to uphold his name Jehovah

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
this is less of a contradiction, more of a "humans don't understand god's plan" issue.

Lol, the classic religious "out". If there's something that is contradictory or downright inhumane (like going to hell for not believing) it's always because "he moves in mysterious ways".

Grow some balls and believe in yourself, not some made-up control mehanism for the weakminded.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

to continue..........

When Jehovah acts to protect his people, then every single person on the planet will come to know that he exists and that he is taking action on the Earth once and for all to rid the planet of wickedness. THAT is start of Armageddon. When Satan and his hordes of earthly followers amass in ranks to destroy people who are upholding the name of God - Jehovah.

Therefore there is no Bible contrdiction..

The flood of Noah's day like other events recorded in the Bible as Jude 7 states. ."are placed before [us] as a [warning] example by undergoing the judicial punishment. . ."

Ezekiel 5:15 . . ."a warning example and a horror to the nations that are all around you, when I do in you acts of judgment in anger and in rage and in raging reproofs. I myself, Jehovah, have spoken"

God does not wish ANY to be destroyed in the coming Great Tribulation or Armageddon, which is why he has for many decades sent people throughout the Earth, as messengers concerning that change in Government - to bring about true peace and security by way of God's government, headed up by Jesus Christ.

The fact that many people scoff whilst others listen, makes no difference to God - in the words of Habakkuk 2:3 . . ."For [the] vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late"

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
There were many cataclysms in the ancient world and some were brought on by ...... believe it or not..... a corrupted human consciousness. Yes, we create our own reality. For instance, if enough of us wanted Armageddon, it would have happened on schedule, probably around 1988-1992.

So the Bible has plagiarized these stories that are widespread throughout ancient myths and legends of the great civilizations and made the Canaanite desert War God Yahweh (evidently an ancient alien visitor) the one responsible.

Naturally, none of these things have anything to do with Jesus, but have everything to do with the Cosmic Christ (Horus, Zoroaster, Krishna, Mithra, etc). These religions were invented by the Power Elite to enslave mankind (the Goyim) in mental and spiritual impotence, while they treat us like cattle and serfs.

I just happen to be in the middle of a book on this subject... one of many that are all telling basically the same hidden history of our origins.....

David Icke - The Biggest Secret

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 3-4-2012 by SimontheMagus because: spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Didn't Jesus volunteer to come down and give us one more chance because god had-had enough and wanted to scrap his human project?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Drowning the entire earth was effective! And it will be again.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I am also sure that the God from the Old Testament would maybe be different from the one in the New Testament. I read a book on a channeled ET (Ramtha) who said that Jehovah and Yahve are two different entities, Jehova being more like Satan and Yahve being more godlike.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If you believe in that fairy tale story book, then why not go one further and say why did god create man to allow him to become evil? Why did god kill all innocent people and not just remove the bad people? Obviously 'god' is not as clever as you think..

Quick question, who created god?

Who created god's creator? And so on? It's infinite!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Didn't Jesus volunteer to come down and give us one more chance because god had-had enough and wanted to scrap his human project?

YAHUWA (the one You wrongfully call 'god') IS YAHUSHUA (the one You wrongfully call 'jesus) in the flesh. 'God' as You call Him appointed the days and all the times throughout eternity, decided upon HIMSELF to be born of a Virgin on Earth as a fleshly creature and experience the hardships We do and suffer in order to save us. When You realise what OUR creator YHWH has done for Us We will be nothing but gracious. Free Will is something I have come to realise from my personal experiences and observations of the world is something only YHWH can Sheppard.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Grow some balls and believe in yourself, not some made-up control mehanism for the weakminded.

Best quote I've seen in a while!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

Apparently God is the Infinite.
Disturbing facts were found in archaeology, facts that were never revealed. You have to go to Anderson Institue website to find those. (AndersonInstitute specialize in studying time warps). Human footprints milion of years old, predilvulian chains. Someone was out there.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
God didn't like dinosaurs so much, so He just wiped them out. He knew they wouldn't fit on the ark. Don't you see how smart this is?!

The Bible is more contradictory than not. This list is way too long to paste here.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
If you believe in that fairy tale story book, then why not go one further and say why did god create man to allow him to become evil? Why did god kill all innocent people and not just remove the bad people? Obviously 'god' is not as clever as you think..

Free Will is something He is dealing with. It's MY own choice if I decide to sin. As it was Adam and Eve's. Our free will is more complicated than You think. How would You "control" a multitude of nations and culture's free will? Free Will, as well as our senses from sight to smell to taste to touching are all gifts given to Us by YHWH. He knows We are natural transgressors. He knew we would eat the forbidden fruit becuase our free will wants to satisfy our senses.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

FREEWILL. YHWH understood freewill before He created Us, therefore He created Us anyway. YHWH rested on the 7th day. The 7th day is the 7000th Year, which is already here. Call on the name YAHUWA and You will be saved.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

'One more chance'? No. It's not a 'chance' when the entire Old Testament has His Divine plan laced throughout it. Those who trusted God were waiting for their Messiah.

'Scrap His human project'? Nope - just moving on to the next stage of man, the revealing of the Sons of God being raised during this Age.

Two days are almost up
"After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence."

"On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee."

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Israylite4ever

Free Will is something He is dealing with. It's MY own choice if I decide to sin. As it was Adam and Eve's. Our free will is more complicated than You think. How would You "control" a multitude of nations and culture's free will? Free Will, as well as our senses from sight to smell to taste to touching are all gifts given to Us by YHWH. He knows We are natural transgressors. He knew we would eat the forbidden fruit becuase our free will wants to satisfy our senses.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

FREEWILL. YHWH understood freewill before He created Us, therefore He created Us anyway. YHWH rested on the 7th day. The 7th day is the 7000th Year, which is already here. Call on the name YAHUWA and You will be saved.

I posted the 2 Books of Adam and Eve which tell in detail what happened between them and Satan and His hosts and why YHWH cursed them. It makes more sense to the story of Adam and Eve than the Book of Genesis does.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies

Does this prove that the god of the bible is not all knowing and clearly makes mistakes? Because if he was all knowing he would have known that drowning the entire world was not effective.

No, it only means that God wouldn't allow free will to corrupt his creation any longer, so he destroyed all but a few to allow them to start over again. He knew that the current world would at least have some believers today worth saving.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I posted the 2 Books of Adam and Eve which tell in detail what happened between them and Satan and His hosts and why YHWH cursed them. It makes more sense to the story of Adam and Eve than the Book of Genesis does.

Guys please give The Books Of Adam and Eve a listen or read it:www.sacred-texts.com...

THE FORGOTTEN BOOKS OF EDEN COMPLETE THE INCOMPLETE WHICH IS THE WORLDS STANDARD 66BOOK BIBLES.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

God was just not attracted to any woman in Noah's time. So he drowned everyone, except the gene pool that he knew would mix together in such a way that it would eventually bring forth....Mary! Love at first sight and buy her dinner and a dozen roses. Now that's planning ahead!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I've said this before in an earlier post, if God is all knowing, why would he have "his word" be misinterpreted by so many? He would have certainly known this before his followers wrote parts of the bible. Why would there be two parts to the bible, the old testament which features an angry and jealous God, and a new testament that features a forgiving and loving God? Why were some parts of the bible removed because they didn't conform to christian beliefs? Why does the bible stop referencing Jesus after the age of 14 and than jumps to his ladder years and his crucifixion? We can add many inconsistencies to just the few that I mentioned above.

A book that is meant to be "the Word of God" and meant to be a guideline on how we are to live our lives, there certainly is a lot of holes and confusion in its writings. Again why wouldn't God lay it out plain and simple just like he did with the 10 commandments?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
I don't mean to offend, but I am sure some of you will be offended..

In the bible god apparently flooded the entire earth to drown everyone and eliminate corruption and sin.
But later rather than drown the entire world again he sends down Jesus to absorb the world of sin.

Why did he drown the entire world in the first place when he could have just sent down Jesus?

Was this brutal slaughter of mankind necessary? And why doesn’t he use the same method on us?

Does this prove that the god of the bible is not all knowing and clearly makes mistakes? Because if he was all knowing he would have known that drowning the entire world was not effective.

Perhaps he was having his period?

I have no answer to your question, also im pondering something someone else said on this site earlier, how did Noah get two of each animal to go onto the ark? How did he get a polar bear? sorry, two polar bears?

You're pretty hot.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join