It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please explain this bible contradiction?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
I don't mean to offend, but I am sure some of you will be offended..

In the bible god apparently flooded the entire earth to drown everyone and eliminate corruption and sin.
But later rather than drown the entire world again he sends down Jesus to absorb the world of sin.

Why did he drown the entire world in the first place when he could have just sent down Jesus?

Was this brutal slaughter of mankind necessary? And why doesn’t he use the same method on us?

Does this prove that the god of the bible is not all knowing and clearly makes mistakes? Because if he was all knowing he would have known that drowning the entire world was not effective.

He drown those who don't believe in GOD. If one does not believe in GOD,
he/she believes in the opposite of GOD.

Jesus saved those who believe in GOD. One who believes in GOD realizes
part of the GOD.

That's the difference.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Why do people keep claiming God sent to flood to drown the world because of sin?? This is all over the forum tonight.

The flood had NOTHING to do with stopping or getting rid of sin, Calvary was for that. If God wanted to end sin He would have killed Adam and Eve in the garden before they could reproduce offspring who would sin more and worse than they did. The flood was to destroy the Nephilim, the last human to die before the flood was Methuselah and the flood came 7 days later.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Why did he drown the entire world in the first place when he could have just sent down Jesus?

Was this brutal slaughter of mankind necessary? And why doesn’t he use the same method on us?

I think it would have been illogical for him to send down Jesus in a time of pure evil and non-God accepting people, this is why he apparently flooded the world, or region if you want to go by certain other theories. Everyone was evil and non-God accepting except for Noah and his family. It seems that God has a scheduel so to answer the question if it was necessary than yes it was necessary because the world had to be injected with some form of good and God-accepting individuals in order for anyone to be saved. The world wasn't ready for Jesus in the time of Noah.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Wow! Just wow!

It's great to watch the Christians and Christian-like crawling out of the woodwork with logical fallacies to try and defend the indefensible. The classic "It's not meant to be taken literally" means that the Bible, according to it's own text, is not a truthful document. Timothy states that all scripture (lit. The whole Bible) is true and the word of God. Saying that some of it is not literal is stating that it is not the truth. That in itself is a contradiction within the Bible.

"The God of the OT is not the God of the NT." That appears to be a contradiction of Jesus as quoted in Matthew. Jesus still supports Leviticus law. Did God hire a new PR firm around the time Jesus was born? (Well, if you assume Jesus is a prophet, and the prophets are a representative of God, then he did. Which means Jesus is really Don Draper, but I digress.) Did the old God die and a new one take his place? Either there is one eternal God, or there isn't.

But by the same token, Peter is apparently told by God to eat food that is "unclean" (or in other words, break Judaic Law). So God is the creator of the law, the fulfillment of the law, the breaker of the law, and making law meaningless all at the same time. (After all, it is by grace, not works...

Of course, I may be completely wrong. The Bible may be completely true. π may be exactly 3. I doubt it though.
edit on 8-4-2012 by PuppyOnTheRadio because: Close tag

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oh a friend reminded me of another uncommon theory I had forgotten about, but is interesting to think about. That the flood story wasn't literal. It was just an allegorical story about what Jesus would eventually do.

Noah can mean comfort or rest. Noah was perfect in his generation. Noah walked with God. In other words, Noah was actually Jesus or a Jesus like character.

In the story it says God told Noah to cover the ark in pitch, but it uses the word kaphar which actually means atonement or mercy. What it's talking about is the other Ark, the Ark of the Covenant, where they would spread the blood on the mercy seat. Both Arks were literally the same Ark, but it describes it figuratively as a boat. Jesus would later cover the Ark in atonement with his sacrifice on the Cross.

And baptism. When you are baptized the wicked you symbolically dies and you are born again as a believer. Or one of God's children. The only ones that would be safe are Noah's family (us) that were in the Ark with him, or believers in Jesus when the end of the world comes.

The Ark also had three levels which may have been referring to the trinity and so forth. I know it's not perfect, but my friend had like 10 seconds to remind me of this today.

Anyway, the idea is that we are to preach the Gospel to all the nations and flood it with the mercy of Jesus through baptism and kill all the wicked people so they are reborn Christian so we can be safe with Jesus. Get it?

There's a theory that the whole OT is actually about Jesus also if you want to read it that way, but this is a new idea so there's not a lot of talk about it.
edit on 8-4-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Oh a friend reminded me of another uncommon theory I had forgotten about, but is interesting to think about. That the flood story wasn't literal. It was just an allegorical story about what Jesus would eventually do.

Nope, it was real, AND like everything else in the OT is a picture of Christ or His atonement. It's both. And it's NOT a new idea, Jesus said the OT was all about Him. It's been said for 2,000 years.

edit on 8-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Nope, it was real, AND like everything else in the OT is a picture of Christ or His atonement. It's both. And it's NOT a new idea, Jesus said the OT was all about Him. It's been said for 2,000 years.

edit on 8-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Yeah yeah, I'm with you. My friend is with you too, but it was just an idea someone was kicking around on the web a while ago and so I thought I'd just throw it out there.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

Yeah yeah, I'm with you. My friend is with you too, but it was just an idea someone was kicking around on the web a while ago and so I thought I'd just throw it out there.

Amen, Glory to God.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

Amen, Glory to God.

Is the Bible a true and accurate historical document? (I assume that's what you mean by "real".)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PuppyOnTheRadio

Yes and no.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Yes and no.

Succinct. And uselss. Also contradicts 2 Timothy 3:16. Unless that's one of the "not true" verses.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

I'm no theology expert, but didn't the flood have something to do with women interbreeding with giants? Maybe the flood was about purifying the human race (genetically) while the crucifixion was about spiritually purifying the human race.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuppyOnTheRadio

Yes and no.

Succinct. And uselss. Also contradicts 2 Timothy 3:16. Unless that's one of the "not true" verses.

I didn't say any verses were wrong. Remez.

And there are known fuzzy things in translation because English is such a terribly lazy language.

edit on 17-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I didn't say any verses were wrong. Remez.

And there are known fuzzy things in translation because English is such a terribly lazy language.

“ And he made the Sea of cast bronze, ten cubits from one brim to the other; it was completely round. Its height was five cubits, and a line of thirty cubits measured its circumference. ”
—1 Kings 7:23, NCE

Lazy translation? Or does pi = 3?

“ He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. ”
—Isaiah 40:22, NCE

Lazy translation? Or the Earth is a circle, not a sphere?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I don't mean to offend, but I am sure some of you will be offended..

In the bible god apparently flooded the entire earth to drown everyone and eliminate corruption and sin.
But later rather than drown the entire world again he sends down Jesus to absorb the world of sin.

Does this prove that the god of the bible is not all knowing and clearly makes mistakes? Because if he was all knowing he would have known that drowning the entire world was not effective.

He didn't kill man, he killed the Nephilim. By the time Noah came around he and his family were the only pure humans left without any angel DNA in them which was why Noah was chosen because he was "pure in his generations". Humanity had been driven nearly to extinction when the Nephilim made war on humans, and then began eating the antediluvians like food and drinking their blood which is why cannibalism and drinking blood is forbidden to jews and christians. The demons and hauntings that take place on earth are caused by the spirits of the nephilim who cannot be redeemed.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000]

He didn't kill man, he killed the Nephilim. By the time Noah came around he and his family were the only pure humans left without any angel DNA in them which was why Noah was chosen because he was "pure in his generations". Humanity had been driven nearly to extinction when the Nephilim made war on humans, and then began eating the antediluvians like food and drinking their blood which is why cannibalism and drinking blood is forbidden to jews and christians. The demons and hauntings that take place on earth are caused by the spirits of the nephilim who cannot be redeemed.

I don't know what Bible you're reading, but this is the text from the NIV. (Emphasis is mine.)

1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with(a) humans forever, for they are mortal(b); their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

5 The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the LORD said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

9 This is the account of Noah and his family.
   Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. 10 Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth.

11 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

So, if I read this right, although there were Nephilim on the Earth at the time, it was the human race that God was set on destroying. If the Bible is breathed by God, then the story God tells contradicts yours.

Do you have any basis for your version of events other than imagination?

edit on 19-4-2012 by PuppyOnTheRadio because: Unintentional mark-up

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I feel we were warned of the manipulation of the bible.
Revelation 22:18-19

18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The NIV is satan's version of the Bible. It replaces the name of satan with a title Jesus uses for Himself in Revelation, amongst a plethora of other things. And removes the call to Kingdom ministry for all Christians with the removal of Mark chapter 16.

His Agenda with the NIV:

1. Replace my name with Jesus' title making me Lord.
2. Remove the operation in the Kingdom of God from the Earth by sessasionism doctrine.

As far as I am concerned you can use the NIV to wipe your arse so you don't have to waste precious toilet paper.

ONLY use Textus Receptus based Bibles. (NKJV, KJB)

edit on 19-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Okay. In any of the versus I quoted above, is there any major difference in translation? Is the meaning of the versus that contradict the established understanding of geometry (ie, pi != 3) or geography (the world is a globe)?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join