It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens visited Earth? Are UFOs real? No, "UFOs photos are mostly fakes" say NASA astrobiologi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
These are two questions that can be found in the "Ask an Astrobiologist FAQ" in the Astrobiology section of the NASA site.

The answer is:

No, there is no evidence for visits of intelligent aliens to Earth, either now or in the past. The are many claims concerning UFOs and aliens, but no evidence to support these claims.
The photos that are posted on the Internet are mostly fakes, and no one has ever produced an artifact or any other tangible scientific evidence of UFOs or aliens.
One of strongest cases against the reality of these claims is that the group of people who spend the most time observing the sky are amateur astronomers, and they don’t report UFO sightings. If there were any evidence of aliens, astrobiologists would be among to first to hail such a discovery and analyze the data.
However, there is no evidence that withstands scientific investigation. If you are still interested, you can use the search engine to find posted answers to specific questions about aliens and UFOs.

Then I did a search, as suggested, about possible specifics answers about aliens and UFOs...
Amongst the 99 questions/answers or so, here's what I've found:

Question:
In the question, "Have aliens visited Earth? Are UFOs real?", you said, and I quote, "The photos that are posted on the Internet are mostly fakes, and no one has ever produced an artifact or any other tangible scientific evidence of UFOs or aliens." They're MOSTLY fakes? So, you're saying that some are real? I mean, surely, you must have reason behind why you said mostly and not all. And don't go changed your answer. Because you made a conscious decision to put mostly. Thus, changing it would be a conscious decision to get yourself out of explaining the reason that only most of the pictures are fake, and not all of them are. What are you hiding from us, NASA? Whatever it is, I wont let you work your way out of this situation.

Answer:
I hesitate to answer such a belligerent question, but I will. And I will try to make the English language clear enough for you to understand. Many "UFO photos" are real pictures of real objects, including planes, birds, balloons, and stars or planets. They are unidentified because the person taking the picture didn't know what they are. But these are honest mistakes, not fakes.
The same is true for many eyewitness reports and even for some of the so-called artifacts. But clearly being a mistake or being wrong is not the same as being a fake.

David Morrison
Astrobiology Senior Scientist
February 3, 2012

Seems like astrobiologists contradict themselves...

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Its the safest answer he can give while keeping his job and his credibility.

I also believe that what he says. Now I also believe that we are being and or have been visited by intelligent non earth human beings (at least from this dimension). I am not opposed to believing in other dimensional beings.

Of course I still am awaiting proof (aka its shaking my hand).

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ooh well if NASA says the UFO's are fake then thats that. Its not like in 2012 NASA is a feeble front company for the masses.....

Had enough of lie filled society. Time for transparent horizontally run society!
edit on 29-3-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
His first response is wildly inaccurate to begin with.
He's quoting his aliens are not real agenda.

Our history is FULL of a ridiculous amount of evidence of extraterrestrial encounters.
To deny these exist when they are absolutely everywhere on earth and in history is to
ignore the facts staring us straight in the face. It's willful ignorance or deception. Take your pick.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Seems like astrobiologists contradict themselves...

Seems like people cherry pick wording and argue semantics.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Would anyone expect a member of Nasa to be honest anyway?

The man was probably "ordered" to keep his mouth shut....

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I dont think he contradicted himself.....
He said mostly because most probably are fake.....while others are just misidentifed or truly unidentified.

I see nothing wrong with the wording....
And we encounter this here on ATS daily......we have fakes, misidentifications and unidentified stuff....
edit on March 29th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

But he is still right in, that there is no proof, thats why we still disscus in here for example, about the things from ancient writtings, or the daily youtube UFO is the evidence we need for disclosure.

I only see stuff that might prove, not the concluding proof.

edit on 29-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
His first response is wildly inaccurate to begin with.
He's quoting his aliens are not real agenda.

Our history is FULL of a ridiculous amount of evidence of extraterrestrial encounters.
To deny these exist when they are absolutely everywhere on earth and in history is to
ignore the facts staring us straight in the face. It's willful ignorance or deception. Take your pick.

There is no conclusive and substantial evidence. There are stories. There is heresay. There are rumours. There are liars and hoaxers and the list goes on.

But there is zero actual proof of alien visitation.

ETA...at least none that has ever been presented to the public.. Whether or not those in the know have some sort of actual hands on evidence.....we do not know this.
edit on March 29th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I know the UFO pixs in photos can be faked
I guess the ones in the tapestries must be fake too
(durn it! hold still while I weave you into the wall covering)

this tapestry is unretouched I swear!

PS I guess if there are visitors and they want you to know...you will know
I suppose they don't care about the rest..or they would know too

edit on 29-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This makes me curious because of the time of placement of this thread.
It seems to be placed after one guy claimed that NASA was fake.
So can a fake organisation tell the truth?
I assume they can but Im not an astrobiologist.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

One of strongest cases against the reality of these claims is that the group of people who spend the most time observing the sky are amateur astronomers, and they don’t report UFO sightings. If there were any evidence of aliens, astrobiologists would be among to first to hail such a discovery and analyze the data.

Astronomers don't report UFO sightings?

Is he lying or just ignorant?

He seems stuck in the mindset that aliens are going to be travelling here in nuts and bolts spaceships that resemble our own technology. I wonder how big of a fuel tank you'd need to get from Alpha Centauri to Earth.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well I think he probably could of elaborated with the original post but there was no contradiction. He left a gap and someone chose to fill it with aliens. But the gap could also of been for everything he described.

I'm not saying I believe NASA tells the truth on aliens.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
there are laws against causing terror, giving away secrets in the national interest, or security, etc
penalties are steep

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So, is he saying he has looked and analized all ufo photos
and footage. Surely he has, if he has come to this conclusion.
Just sounds like another ignorant person who does not have
a clue on the subject. And him saying about astromoners not
seeing ufos is completly false, because there has been cases
when they have.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Astronomers don't report UFO sightings?

Is he lying or just ignorant?

He seems stuck in the mindset that aliens are going to be travelling here in nuts and bolts spaceships that resemble our own technology. I wonder how big of a fuel tank you'd need to get from Alpha Centauri to Earth.

remember Lost in Space?
they had to get their little oil derrik out and drill baby drill...
(on the various planets they landed on while off course..of course)
but then..they were taking the long way to Alpha Centuri

edit on 29-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If there are aliens or even if we have reversed alien technology, I don't. know. But I have a feeling we won't see it until we see a mass exodus in the sky, that resembles the evacuation from the Hoth planet in Star Wars.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you don't respect/trust NASA... why do you give them so much of your time/attention?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

UFO Sighting on Moon Caught By Amature Astronomer in Italy While Cleaning Telescope April 29,

www.uapreporting.org...

Let us therefore go directly to the results of that question. Mr. Clarke, take notice: Of the total of 1 805 respondees from all the organizations, 427 said "Yes" to that question! That's nearly 1/4 of the respondees (24%)....

Herb then selected, on the basis of replies to the questions, 261 "senior" observers who had rated highest on the above criteria. Most of these, as might be expected, came from the ranks of hte ALPO and IOTA members.

Now, Mr. Clarke, really take notice! The senior observers, all of whom are thoroughly familiar with the night skies, reported 74 objects "which resisted most exhaustive efforst at identification."

Here is another write up on it.

www....(nolink)/astronomers-see-ufos-081310/

And they should be speaking of anything hoaxed, when they photoshop nearly ever single photo they put out!!!!! They are freaking LIARS!!!!

edit on 29-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
www.ufoevidence.org...

Edmund Halley, discoverer of Halley's Comet, sees UFO in 1676
March, - United Kingdom

Edmund Halley, the astronomer who discovered Haley's comet, could recall two accounts involving unidentified crafts. His first experience was in March of 1676, when he saw a, as he said, "Vast body apparently bigger than the moon." View full report ...

Astronomer Clyde Tombaugh UFO Sighting (Astronomer Who Discovered Pluto)
August, 20, 1949 - Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States

Clyde Tombaugh was the American astronomer who discovered the planet Pluto. On August 20, 1949, he observed a UFO that appeared as a geometrically arranged group of six-to-eight rectangles of light, window-like in appearance and yellowish-green in color, which moved from northwest to southeast over Las Cruces, New Mexico

Not to mention some famous astronomers as well.

In fact I would gather anyone not reporting them is LYING and trying to keep their jobs.

<<   2 >>

join