It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I think what happened is Zimmerman was following what he thought was a suspicious character and at the same time Martin was being followed by what he thought was a suspicious character. They confronted each other. Zimmermann had a gun and during the altercation Martin was shot and killed. Martin had no weapons

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

i have an open mind. i agree about who's hood. but maybe that was just the route Martin always took home from that particular store. Zimmermann just happened to be watching at the time

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

there's nothing wrong with sympathy - it doesn't prove or disprove anything
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

so what are you trying to prove here?

I have stated my position loud and clear over and over again

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Zimmerman by all accounts is an overzealous wannabe cop who was stalking an innocent pedestrian at night and as it turns out couldn't handle himself in a physical confrontation with a much smaller person.

And that's assuming the story being told by Zimmerman's defenders is true.

At what point did the victim's right to "stand his ground" kick in when being followed by a stranger with a gun?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
martin didn't live there, he was visiting his dad and the dads girlfriend. I don't know how often he was there. A shame that this young man is dead.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
Zimmerman by all accounts is an overzealous wannabe cop who was stalking an innocent pedestrian at night and as it turns out couldn't handle himself in a physical confrontation with a much smaller person.

At what point did the victim's right to "stand his ground" kick in when being followed by a stranger with a gun?

pretty big assumption for somebody not at the scene.

This is my issue of the deal....NONE OF US WERE THERE

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Does this mean that the President of the United States is now going to become involved in every local government death now? Seems like he is trying to say something with his statements. Since when did the President become involved in local law. We have had plenty of murders and mysterious deaths in my neck of the woods in Arkansas and I have yet to see Obama put out a press conference or try and help us solve any of these deaths.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
Does this mean that the President of the United States is now going to become involved in every local government death now? Seems like he is trying to say something with his statements. Since when did the President become involved in local law. We have had plenty of murders and mysterious deaths in my neck of the woods in Arkansas and I have yet to see Obama put out a press conference or try and help us solve any of these deaths.

Hope so.

His Nobel Peace Prize gives him carte blanche on Polarizing America,at a whim.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall

How about you just say what you are beating around the bush about?
Please come out with it because I have a feeling it is going to fall flat.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

i live in Detroit, if i were to follow someone and act all shady talking on the phone and whatnot most likely i would be the one who gets shot. if your getting followed (at least around here) USUALLY the next step is robbery, mugging, kidnapped or shot

People everywhere are going to assume something bad is up if they're being closely followed at night. If you're worried enough it winds up being the fight or flight response.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

Wow look at those "reputable" sources

wouldn't believe them if you paid me.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by popsmayhem

Attacked for what reasons ??

He is a small boy compare to zimmerman who had a gun

This is no little boy, this is a 17 almost 18 year old man
who is 6'2 200 lbs. he towered over zimmerman.

Zimmerman had 100 pounds on this kid and a gun.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

How about you just say what you are beating around the bush about? Please come out with it because I have a feeling it is going to fall flat.

Didn't realize I was beating around the bush about anything although I'm pretty sure you are going to be my spokesperson and tell me what I am thinking.

My comments are about the President of the United States getting involved in things that he has no business getting involved in.

So, what is it that I'm beating around the bush about? Please tell me.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
All I would as this want to know is this:

Why was he there? Visiting friends? Or just walking around.
Check his knuckles on the shot kid--if he has blood on them with scratches, he did fight him.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So is this the progression this country has been striving for? Because I see none. It's 2012 and yet still no different than 1992 LA riots, or the 60's, or any other previous time in the U.S.'s history. Racial tension is just as strong as ever, and tolerance is not practiced at any level. I don't know who was right or wrong, but i do know it's a sad day when such a small event could still trigger civil unrest like it's '92.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

According to the eyewitness, Zimmerman tried to go to his car and avoid a confrontation when he was attacked by Martin.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.
Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

(OP’s source)

If I’m armed I try my best to avoid physical confrontation with anybody because its infinitely more dangerous. Zimmerman appears to have attempted to avoid confrontation and was attacked. He was in a fight for his life it appears. I’d have shot him too. Does that make me a racist??

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

edit on 24-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The media is making him look like a nice boy who was eating his skittles and ice tea and it was killed just because he was black. That's all the news wants you to hear. The truth will come out soon. If I'm a neighborhood watch volunteer and see a suspicious BLACK, WHITE, HISPANIC, CHINESE or any other race person walking around my neighborhood with a hoodie in this Florida hot weather, I will follow him too, to see what is he doing in the area.

They have not arrested Zimmerman because he is innocent there is no proof of him doing something wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

All I would as this want to know is this: Why was he there? Visiting friends? Or just walking around. Check his knuckles on the shot kid--if he has blood on them with scratches, he did fight him.

In the first place, he did not have to justify what he was doing there to anyone. This is still a free country and Trayvon Martin is allowed to be anywhere anyone else is.

No one should have to justify themselves to anyone. "What are you doing here", "where are you coming from", "where are you going",

As far as the shooting, we don't know what happened. We were not there. We did not see what took place. Did Zimmerman confront Trayvon and become hostile with Trayvon and pull a gun on him and Trayvon was trying to defend himself?
Did Zimmerman confront Trayvon and Trayvon became hostile and initiated the attack causing Zimmerman to fear for his life which led to the shooting?

We may never know what the truth is but to ask why he was there in the first place is asinine. He was a citizen and it was his right to be there.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
So is this the progression this country has been striving for? Because I see none. It's 2012 and yet still no different than 1992 LA riots, or the 60's, or any other previous time in the U.S.'s history. Racial tension is just as strong as ever, and tolerance is not practiced at any level. I don't know who was right or wrong, but i do know it's a sad day when such a small event could still trigger civil unrest like it's '92.

its stronger because it has been repressed.
this is a bad thing.
Humans wont evolve until we see out strengths and weaknesses and see our strengths as weaknesses then we will evolve but to be in denial of humanity in its entirety is going in the wrong direction

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join