It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo Rivera blames Hanes Corporation for Trayvon being shot dead by fellow citizen..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Fox News host Geraldo Rivera sparked outrage—including from his own son, apparently—by suggesting on Friday that Trayvon Martin, the unarmed Florida teen shot dead last month by a neighborhood watch volunteer, courted violence by wearing a hoodie.

That piece of clothing killed Martin, according to Rivera "as surely as George Zimmerman."

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's amazing the types of responses that are going to be generated to shift blame for 1st Degree Murder from the Perp to other people.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

or clothing.

I actually like that defense. the next time I get pulled over for speeding, I'm blaming the kicks.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It was the hoodie and the gun,dont you know? The hoodie made him a criminal and the gun jumped out and shot him all by itself. Im sorry for the Martin family at the loss of their son, but this whole thing has turned into a media circus.Hopefully in due time justice will prevail.
Oh, and Rivera is an idiot. Nobody should listen when his mouth is moving. It only spews trash.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Summer is coming...

...Media Circus always come in the summertime.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
what a load. Way to promote conformity on the low. We dont want anyone getting the wrong idea about eachother so lets all dress in what is deemed "appropriate" attire. I see what ya did there Geraldo.

...still tryin to make up for that vault....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Someone throw another chair at his dumb ass.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Geraldo is a utter moron. I know other people have said that as well, but lets be honest here. It doesn't hurt to tell the truth about the man more then once. I don't even understand the logic there. I guess basically like ski masks he is implying that people wearing hoodies are automatically assumed to be criminals?

First there was Racial Profiling and now there is Attire profiling? Give me a break. Since he is Geraldo and he is one of the headliners for the Ultra Conservatives these days. I am sure Hannity and company will follow suit. I wouldn't be surprised if Rush calls for an all out ban on Hoodies.

The whole incident is retarded. The man should be in jail or at the least should have been arrested and the gun should most definitely have been taken away from him.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
because stupid people perceive clothing as a person's personality, its true if I see someone walking around with a hoodie and pants buckled at the hips and his ass hanging out be it white, hispanic, black I am going to think of that person as having a low IQ only because wtf are they dressing like that for, and yes that clothing style is associated with gangs, I know I live in chicago, I have yet to see a gang member in dockers, BUT I also know that it is also a style that teenagers who are white, black, honestly I haven't seen hispanic kids wearing that lately but they want to have the perception of being a tough guy and a lot of rappers like to dress like that, that guy who shot that kid is a moron, just look at him he looks stupid as well, he belongs in jail for the rest of his life he should of left that little boy alone, also geraldo is a complete ass.
edit on 23-3-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think that I remember reading, or hearing on the news, that it was lightly raining, as Trayvon was walking home! Geeze, I'm a 60ish white woman, and I have a hoodie I wear when it looks like rain. I better be careful, I didn't know I was courting violence.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Why Trayvon Martin is not "America's problem."
So I was listening to a talk radio host here in Philly on my drive home today talk about the Trayvon Martin case. Dude was saying that he has sons who are Trayvon's age and that they are prone to wear hoodies every now and then. "But for the grace of God go I" is what he said. Sorry Mr. Smerconish, with all due respect, your sons would have not been shot to death on that fateful day in Central Florida. Your sons do not look like Trayvon Martin.

This is one of the benefits of white privilege that most whites take for granted. In a "color aroused" society, you don't have to worry about how you will be perceived by Joe Public. I am fortunate enough to be able to go to some very nice establishments, and I am always aware of what I wear to certain places. It shouldn't have to be that way, but it is. Unless you are a famous black person (and even when you are), you just do not get the benefit of the doubt. Those "color aroused" instincts always take over and makes things uncomfortable for certain people. Unfortunately, sometimes the results can be deadly.

Some pundits worry and wonder why this particular case is not "America's problem" and why it is only a black one:

"Trayvon Martin, like so many “suspicious-looking” young black males with similar "fates, did not have that luxury. No one can hide his or her skin color and, in the context of vigilante violence, the false threat of black skin is a uniquely black male problem. That doesn’t mean that those who have not experienced it cannot see why it is so obviously troublesome, nor does it exonerate non-black people from the responsibility of demanding a more just legal system that sends a clear enough message that murders like Martin’s are so unacceptable that they will, for the most part, go away. That lack of joint responsibility may be the single most troubling part of this story.
field-negro.blogspot.com...

Originally posted by Skewed
Someone throw another chair at his dumb ass.

RLMFAO hopefully his tongue will caught between his teeth when that chair hits

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
He should not have said it now...he should have waited 3 weeks when this dies down and we are on to the next media blitz. What happened was horrible. A bully shot someone in cold blood. However, perception is a motivating factor in everything.Geraldo is blaming Americas perception of someone in a hoodie in a gated community walking around at night. Add someone who is not nut up enough to join the service or the police force, give him a gun and a little self appointed authority and you have a recipe for someone, not just someone in a hoodie getting shot.

How about this case?

www.wtsp.com...

Black man shoot white man in front of daughter..no hoodies...just old man and young father arguing over a skateboard. What is so different? They are both poor choices based on a persons perception of a situation. Old guy felt threatened so he pulls again, struggle and bang...

Zimmerman should be arrested, charged with 2nd degree murder with min 25....case closed but it will never ever bring that poor kid back.

PS - Reverend Al actually had a very good speech that I perceived as good where someone else may not...this is how the world is.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

the vault....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ban hoodies, those devil worshipping people always have hoodies on. No telling what kind of violence is in a hoodie of this magnitude.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
what a load. Way to promote conformity on the low. We dont want anyone getting the wrong idea about eachother so lets all dress in what is deemed "appropriate" attire. I see what ya did there Geraldo.

...still tryin to make up for that vault....

lol three things that man will never be able to make up for,

1, getting smashed over the face with a chair
2, that damn alcapone vault
3, lying about being in afganastan when he was in his own back yard

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

for the record, the man who committed that crime was not immediately charged with any crime but still,
please don't drag that crime into this thread. there's an incredibly long, hate filled thread already on it.

the truth is, the kid was wearing his hood up and, therefore, might not have been as visible as everyone thinks.

a kid was killed and the man who shot him hasn't been arrested yet. that's the travesty in all of this. where I come from, you kill a man, a jury decides your fate, not the police, determining you were standing your ground against an unarmed kid in, according to geraldo, a life threatening hoodie.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

from my experience, the police often think in their own minds they are qualified to interpret our Law and regularly legislate and adjudicate from their squad cars.

rarely, if ever, do they possess training in Law, represented by a Juris Doctorate, but they filled out an application and everyone down at the department think they are a great guy. that's enough for most people....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
and what's the deal with the Police Chief and his "temporary" resignation?

when the smoke clears and this is no longer an issue, he gets to be Chief again?

that's what passes for Leadership?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I wear hoodies all the time.

I'm a 60 year old white guy.

He's nuts.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yeah, that cop was wrong to not arrest the shooter. When the real story comes out, both sides of this debate with have egg on their faces. Until the story comes out, I can't speculate on what happened.

<<   2  3 >>

join