It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo Rivera blames Hanes Corporation for Trayvon being shot dead by fellow citizen..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

That last post you made is irrelevant to what I asked you above. Stop trying to derail your own thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

That last post you made is irrelevant to what I asked you above. Stop trying to derail your own thread.

if you say so...i was quite pleased with my response and consider it relevant.

some minds just don't meet.

don't feel bad about the fate of this thread.

sometimes things die. this thread has far exceeded my expectations.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Geraldo Rivera is a disgusting sensationalist. What that young man was wearing has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING! Zimmerman was on the phone with 911....they told him NOT to follow Trayvon, and that they would check things out. What did Zimmerman do? He persued the kid. That right there shows that he disregarded the law. I think he continued persuing him,Trayvon started running because he freaked out with this dude coming up on him... a scuffle broke out, and Zimmerman shot him. Geraldo should crawl back under the rock he crawled out from. BTW I am a 911 operator, and we get people all the time who COMPLETELY ignore what we say....and that is why Trayvon is dead. RIP Trayvon...and I hope his family can find some justice.

and as for Geraldo....

edit on 3/23/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
We all know that Trayvon was killed for some action he did, not for his hoodie or his skin color. They have not given any of us all the facts. Hold on revolution, and yes the hoodie is losing its evilness, slowly.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Sorry....but we DON'T know that.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

you better hope so for George Zimmerman's sake. that his actions were justifiable...

the story for people convicted of popular crimes such as this one end violently at the hands of a fellow convict that thinks he's Jesus Christ...

...remember Jeffrey Dahmer?

anyway...that's just an aside and has nothing at all to do with why Hanes Corporation should stop selling cotton hoodies to protect the lives of American children from neighborhood watchmen.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus

...still tryin to make up for that vault....
:

lol:

Geraldo......the guy shoulda been a lawyer. Harvey Levin should have a talk with him.

I believe when the dust settles that Zimmerman WILL be bound over for trial and WILL be found guilty. Hopefully the family of Trayvon will find closure. The police dept needs new leadership.

Edit: I forgot to talk about the hoodies. Hoodies have been around for a long time. They do not cause you to commit crimes.
edit on 3-23-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to talk about hoodies.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

TextGeraldo......the guy shoulda been a lawyer

If I'm not mistaken Geraldo IS a lawyer....just not practicing...now THAT is nauseating!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
We all know that Trayvon was killed for some action he did, not for his hoodie or his skin color. They have not given any of us all the facts. Hold on revolution, and yes the hoodie is losing its evilness, slowly.

how do we all know this, unless you believe a bag of skittles is lethal but WE all know them not to be. It could of well been his hoodie and an complete phony wanna be cop who thought he can do justice on his own, this is a blatant foolish moron who didn't listen when told to hold back and let the police do the job, he probably had visions of the mayor giving him the key to the city for catching the bad guy. Zimmerman needs to be locked up, why did he even follow him.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Just checked and YES....Geraldo IS a lawyer....uggggh.

Rivera returned to law and became a lawyer

source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm 65 and live in Hoodies.

Anyone who's lived at the beach or near water knows how temps and humidity can change in a very short period of time. You throw on a tank and shorts and tie your Hoodie around your waist.

What an ignorant and asinine point of view.

Its not like he was wearing a long trench coat in 90 degree weather.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
if i was black in america, the last thing i would wear is a hoodie, baseball cap, and pants down to my knees.

i would be wearing 3 piece suit, bow tie, top hat and a walking stick.

scratch the walking stick, it will be interpreted at the trial of the cop who shot me 47 times in the back as a stinger missile system.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Have a drunken and disorderly charge?

"Sorry your Majesty, the Hoodie made me do it! The draw strings were threatening to choke me to death."

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I wonder if Geraldo would blame spousal abuse on the t shirt sometimes called a wife beater?

He thinks if you wear a hoodie you must be from the hood and going to shoot someone.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

maybe...

if a woman gets raped, if he's consistent in his estimations, if she was wearing something provocative, it is probably her fault.

that's the equivalent, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I watched the entire piece on TV. Rivera blamed the shooter for profiling because of appearance. But he said why would someone intentionally wear provocative garb that increased the potential for some weak minded individual to over-react. If you wore a Nazi uniform into a an isolated and remote IDF outpost, your probably going to get killed. If a white cracker waddled into Harlem alone with too tight high water pants and a bulging wallet, that invite might be too much for someone. If an inner city youth wears the uniform of the jack-a-mo, yo-yo, in the wrong neighborhood, it might be too much for someone.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The first news broadcast I saw of this on CBS, the community was fenced and gated, Travon was inside "loitering" and the photos of Travon showed him to be about 5'-9" to 5'-10", a healthy young man in his "hoodie".

Tonight, CBS is showing the community where it happened as wide open, no gates or fencing, and a photo of Travon at about age 13 (I'm guessing).

So who's stirring the pot??

Or, did CBS get it wrong the first time??
edit on 23-3-2012 by NightFlight because: sPelInk

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

until they show Martin with a gun or other weapon or clearly explain the crime that Zimmerman prevented him from committing.

i don't see how its justifiable...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS., MARCH 23, 2012

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,733,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,079,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,905,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,616,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1.601,000
FOXNEWS FIVE 1,499,000
MSNBC MADDOW 988,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 879,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 865,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 818,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 817,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 791,000
CNN COOPER 738,000
CNN PIERS 703,000

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The MSM does...suburban white kid commits suicide and violent devil music to blame...violent video games...young black kid gets killed they balme it on Dr Dre and NWA...

Like you said, made you feel tougher...that is it in a nutshell. If he was wearing a Hollister tee and some skinny jeans I bet Zimmerman would have hit on him...

A tragedy for sure but if you think racial profiling does not exist you are in another world. What is a 43 year old white guy in a BMW doing in a bad part of town...looking for the Opera house..no, he is trying to score or get a bj. I am from NY but live in the south now and it is scary how back ass people are but it is reality. If you are black with a hoodie walking down the street with your hand in your pocket holding a ??? and black kid with a tank top and a basketball and an iced tea walking down the street there is the potential for 2 totally different scenarios...same thing if it is some white kid dressed all scary goth and a kid wearing a football jersey...color is not an issue.it is prejudice based not in hate but in social perception of a young kid wearing a hoodie in a gated community who is unknown.
edit on 24-3-2012 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join