It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Joe Biden be inelegible for POTUS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Now with all of the document cover-ups, photo shopped BC, fake SSN and possibly forged Draft Card;
Berry could end up being kicked out of the White House.
1. Would his election be then null and void? His running mouth, er, I mean mate,
Joe, would he then be ineligible for not only his office, but unable to step up to the Office of POTUS?
2. Would the new law that allows the Dictator of HHS to appoint any person to a Fed Office ( or to become POTUS) be implemented?
3. Would the Speaker then step up to become the POTUS?

Strange and uncertain times we live in.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Now with all of the document cover-ups, photo shopped BC, fake SSN and possibly forged Draft Card;

None of those things are real. They are all accusations that do nothing but troll people into making the GOP look even more ridiculous.

Oh, and if you are going to use a disrespectful nickname to address our president, at least spell it correctly. "Berry" is something you eat. "Barry" is what feeble people say to refer to our president when they have nothing on him except the words of photo shop "experts" and bubba-effect "news" columnists.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
obummer isn't going anywhere as he's the bought and paid for American leader of choice for PTB. if it takes another un declared war to keep him in office, then you will see it happening. biden is a joke but none the less it would make no difference to PTB they would own him as well. in our current society where money means everything it always makes me shake my head when people find it hard to believe the those with all the money make the rules.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

None of those things are real. They are all accusations that do nothing but troll people into making the GOP look even more ridiculous.

Oh, and if you are going to use a disrespectful nickname to address our president, at least spell it correctly. "Berry" is something you eat. "Barry" is what feeble people say to refer to our president when they have nothing on him except the words of photo shop "experts" and bubba-effect "news" columnists.

Berry is correct, for he exemplifies a picked fruit.
However, you are correct, I have no respect for this picked fruit.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Berry is correct, for he exemplifies a picked fruit.
However, you are correct, I have no respect for this picked fruit.

Way to handle that post, man. Seriously, touche.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by Violater1

He isn't going anywhere.

When will you people get it and move on?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by Violater1

He isn't going anywhere.

When will you people get it and move on?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Not going anywhere?
And you see this from looking into a crystal ball

But you are correct, he is Not going anywhere, especially the White House in 2013.

Back on topic. Then answer me this: 2. Would the new law that allows the Dictator of HHS to appoint any person to a Fed Office ( or to become POTUS) be implemented?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

it would be flat out UNpossible to make the Teapublicans look more ridiculous. But this might do it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Too bad that you couldn't contribute something more substantial.
Answer me this.
2. Would the new law that allows the Dictator of HHS to appoint any person to a Fed Office ( or to become POTUS) be implemented?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I didn't know there was a law that allowed Health and Human Services to appoint people to office. Could you provide a link to more information?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

I didn't know there was a law that allowed Health and Human Services to appoint people to office. Could you provide a link to more information?

Be warned.
www.whitehouse.gov...

Sec. 501. National Defense Executive Reserve. (a) In accordance with section 710(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2160(e), there is established in the executive branch a National Defense Executive Reserve (NDER) composed of persons of recognized expertise from various segments of the private sector and from Government (except full time Federal employees) for training for employment in executive positions in the Federal Government in the event of a national defense emergency.

Note, elected officials is neither omitted nor excluded.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

I hope that answers your question.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Answer me this.

I'm sorry after 'Dictator of HHS' there was absolutely no reason to take anything futher seriously.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Answer me this.

I'm sorry after 'Dictator of HHS' there was absolutely no reason to take anything futher seriously.

And what would you call this?
www.whitehouse.gov...

Sec. 501. National Defense Executive Reserve. (a) In accordance with section 710(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2160(e), there is established in the executive branch a National Defense Executive Reserve (NDER) composed of persons of recognized expertise from various segments of the private sector and from Government (except full time Federal employees) for training for employment in executive positions in the Federal Government in the event of a national defense emergency.

PS that guy next to the car, what type of car is that. It looks pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Depends, would he have to pass an IQ test?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Be warned.
www.whitehouse.gov...

This is not a new law. It is an update to an Executive Order produced in 1939.

snopes.com

The original EO dealing with national defense resources preparedness was issued in 1939 (EO 8248) according to the National Archives.

The Defense Production Act has been in effect since the Truman Administration...

Why the update? If one takes a look at EO 12919, the big change is in the Cabinet itself. In 1994, we didn’t have a Department of Homeland Security, for instance, and some of these functions would naturally fall to DHS. In EO 12919, the FEMA director had those responsibilities, and the biggest change between the two is the removal of several references to FEMA (ten in all). Otherwise, there aren’t a lot of changes between the two EOs, which looks mainly like boilerplate.

And it does not give anyone authority to replace elected officials.

archives.gov

National Defense Executive Reserve Files (NDER)

The NDER is a program for recruiting and training experienced business executives and other civilian personnel to serve in key government positions during periods of national emergency. Reservists augment the staffs of federal departments and agencies when organizations must rapidly mobilize to respond to national security emergencies.

Reservists come from all civilian professions: agriculture,business and industry, education, energy, labor, management, transportation, and others.

As I suspected, your assertion is unfounded. As for the rest of your OP; if the scenario you trumped up should actually come about (not likely), it would not preclude Biden from assuming the position of President. Much like when Nixon resigned due to the Watergate scandal, Gerald Ford became President.

You can't just play hopscotch with the line of succession.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

If, hypothetically, Obama were declared ineligible (humoring this concept for the moment) then Biden would be President because the Electoral Votes given to Obama would attach to him. No election can be made null and void. Power would simply transfer to the office holder Constitutionally qualified to hold it. The line of succession has nothing whatsoever to do with how fair the election is.

Otherwise Bush never would have gotten in there in either 2000 or 2004 since he stole both both elections. Unfortunately, electoral votes are what count. Whether the Electoral College is right or not, it is what counts.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves

If, hypothetically, Obama were declared ineligible (humoring this concept for the moment) then Biden would be President because the Electoral Votes given to Obama would attach to him. No election can be made null and void. Power would simply transfer to the office holder Constitutionally qualified to hold it. The line of succession has nothing whatsoever to do with how fair the election is.

Otherwise Bush never would have gotten in there in either 2000 or 2004 since he stole both both elections. Unfortunately, electoral votes are what count. Whether the Electoral College is right or not, it is what counts.

Sounds interesting. Do you have a source for this?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No, frankly. It is my opinion. As for Court precedents, we have none that I know of.

It just sounds like common sense to me.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nobody ever gets Carmel hands ... Carmel hands are for terror.... their crazy lunch digits...
You better not eat any!
You bet I will.

now listen up this is deep! plastic go baby was right... they want a cake walk

a big robber reaced out to harm me
my cat got whammieeeeed and a Mexican American did it!
why are you people clapping? thick concrete is in my behind!
Peeekachoooo!

top topics

join