It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiots on ATS that know NOTHING

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hope4TheBest

Then, there is some sort of miscommunication.

I apologize.

vvv

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Then, there is some sort of miscommunication.

I apologize.

vvv

Smh.

More like some sort of misunderstanding. No apology necessary, but thank you. See you on the boards.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

At least you have the class to admit and appollogize.

Respect.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

I did read the op wrongly it seems, and for that I apologize.

I know it is no exscuse, but English is not my first language, and sometimes I tend to read wrongly into some things.

See you guys around.

vvv

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'm pretty new here, so I thank you for your words. I spend a lot of time on the boards here reading and there is so much I don't understand. There have been many times I have wanted to ask a question or just make sure I am truely getting the concept, but I don't. I'm usually afraid I will sound like a fool or actually be called an idiot, as you said. Also, while I'm on my own little mini rant here, why can't we post a one sentence response? Sometimes all I need is to ask for clarification on a certain part. Why do I need to ramble on for my than 1 or 2 lines to get my point across? Thanks again for the post, and thanks to all ATS'ers for everything you have taught me.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

He wrote a thread having "a go" at people having "a go" at others for whatever reason. They are doing the same thing really. What made them think they were that "high and mighty" to do so, who knows! Three can play at that game. If they can well I sure as hell can! Get it?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Originally posted by bastardo

It´s your sarcastic use of Idiots that know nothing.

Most people can´t recognise sarcasm, especially lately.

I am sorry, but i don't see that as sarcasm.

Especially in the written form, sarcasm is hard to detect sometimes. Calling your fellow members on here "idiots" is not the way to go about it.

vvv

He is using what the people he is ranting about to highlight his point.

You're not getting it.

He's not calling people idiots. He's saying people who often jump down the throats of people who don't know about something should take the time to explain it.

Lol feels like I've done what 4 times in this thread alone

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lokin

why can't we post a one sentence response? Sometimes all I need is to ask for clarification on a certain part. Why do I need to ramble on for my than 1 or 2 lines to get my point across?

Of course you can,if that one line sums up what you have to say or ask.The one liners that are not allowed are:
"i agree"
"S+F"
etc.In short one liners that do not contribute to the discussion.

There are many posters who politely correct or inform posters who don't have certain knowledge of the topic at hand, but unfortunately, there are also a handful who treat people like they are idiots who know nothing.

You can always report the rude people.Mods will take care of them.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by mainidh

He wrote a thread having "a go" at people having "a go" at others for whatever reason. They are doing the same thing really. What made them think they were that "high and mighty" to do so, who knows! Three can play at that game. If they can well I sure as hell can! Get it?

He started a thread in which he is ranting at people who are rude to others. He didn't specifically target anyone member or thread, and his intentions appear to be worthy. He in no way said "Hey rude people, gtfo stfu and plttttth". I took it a bit wrong at first also, but then clicked that they are not attacking anyone... maybe the rant forum elicits certain negative expectations in a thread, I'd guess so... but I don't see that is what the OP did.

So I don't get it. At least from the angle you appear to.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by mainidh

It appears you're having a "go" at the op because you *think* he was having a "go" at people having a "go" at others for whatever reason. To me it doesn't look like he was having a "go" at anyone - the way i see it, he politely pointed out that there is no need to have a "go" at anyone - and he mixed in some sarcasm for good measure

PS: I'm not having a "go" at you ... Just ranting ...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have very little tolerance for people who posit all manner of things that could have been answered by the most cursory research on google. If they haven't put forward the effort to determine the facts - I feel that they don't really care about the answer, but are posting something just to get attention.
edit on 21-3-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I get upset too when I ask something and get treated like I'm an idiot.
Some people are extremely helpful and give links to learn more or tell you so you learn, but then there are the hateful sort who cut you down merely for asking or being honestly wrong. Guess to those sorts, everyone on ats needs to have their phD and masters in everything in the world in order to post.

It's a shame.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sooooooooo....what you are saying is let people be the stupid idiots they are without telling them too ungently?
Ill vote for that................let me down easy baby

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

And now, my rant:

If somebody doesn't know something about the topic at hand, give them the correct information without the attitude.

There are many posters who politely correct or inform posters who don't have certain knowledge of the topic at hand, but unfortunately, there are also a handful who treat people like they are idiots who know nothing.

It's getting old. We're all here to learn and to teach. Pick one and do it nicely.

I agree with you. In fact, dare I say everyone will agree with you when reading this thread, particularly the above which I have quoted. With that being so I will say this.. you seem to be very new here. According to your profile you've been here for less than 3 weeks now so I feel It's a bit unfair for you to be making a thread like this, with all due respect of course.

See, I'm not saying that people should be rude or act like "idiots" to other members or anything, that's the last thing anyone wants to see here. But you need to realize that there are members who've been here for a long time now and I myself have been here for over 2 years in fact so I like to think I'm in a fairly good position to say this. But with being on a forum for such a period of time thread's pretty much start to repeat themselves and fellow members start to say the same thing time and time again. When that same thing being repeated is something you believe to be or know to be wrong.. a bit of frustration creeps in. When it happens again and again and again and again and then more times yet.. frustration will increase - That's where being polite isn't always a first priority as you, I'm sure, can understand.

So yeah, I agree with you there when you say that we shouldn't act like idiots. Of course I would agree with that, e all will. But I just think that you, first of all, need to try and understand why some people may be getting to that stage in the first place in my opinion. It's certainly not because we all want to be rude all of the time, although there is some like that unfortunately but thankfully they're a minority here. But on the whole it's just a little bit of frustration that has creeped in. There's nothing wrong with that really, it's something that happens to us all. And for most of us it's something which luckily doesn't last too long as well.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by phalanx001

Yeah you are having "a go" and yes so was I and the OP and the others before him. I suppose I have to update that to "four can play that game". Lol! Shame you did not detect my sarcasm as well

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I am a new member, yes, but I have been reading ATS for at least two years. One of the reasons it took me so long to join was because I was nervous to post anything because of the way some people are treated.

Sometimes it just becomes a little uncomfortable as a reader. That's all.

Thanks to you and everyone else who understands what this thread is about. Just a polite reminder to say be as nice as you can, when you can. Though, I know I certainly have those crabby moments.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Yeah, and trust me, I do appreciate what you're saying - God, I know I need to be told it a few times here and there. But, like I said before, sometimes frustration does unfortunately creep in and that's where some of the rudeness comes about for most people here, in my opinion anyway. It's not because we're rude people.. It's just we're rather passionate about what we're debating.

But anyway yeah, I hope you're thread does help to make thing's a little bit nicer around here, I know for sure it definitely could be.. especially in certain political forums.

Edit: Btw I want to make it clear I wasn't trying to put you down in anyway whatsoever because you happen to be new. Honestly, that's the last thing I'd want to do. I was just trying to make the point that being here for a long period of time sort of bring's on the frustration of seeing the same type of thing over and over again, that's all.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

No need to clarify, we are on the same page.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Word, too many talkers not enough listeners.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join