It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiots on ATS that know NOTHING

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The great thing about this message board is that it is a great way for different types of people from different parts of the world to share interesting information. Along the way, some of us become experts on certain topics and some of us remain merely curious.

I, like most of you, take interest in MANY different types of threads. Some deal with topics I know a great deal about, and some deal with topics I am still figuring out for myself or learning of for the first time. I assume the same goes for many of you.

And now, my rant:

If somebody doesn't know something about the topic at hand, give them the correct information without the attitude.

There are many posters who politely correct or inform posters who don't have certain knowledge of the topic at hand, but unfortunately, there are also a handful who treat people like they are idiots who know nothing.

It's getting old. We're all here to learn and to teach. Pick one and do it nicely.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hope4TheBest

I don't know nothing,I am merely the messenger

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

For someone asking others to be nice, you certainly do seem judgemental.

Your thread title "Idiots who know nothing?" Yeah, not very nice indeed.

vvv

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

And who made you the expert? What are your actual qualifications? Real life experience?

You sound like Homer Simpson. "Everyone is stupid except for me"

You need to grow a pair and learn not to judge anybodies intelligence without actually meeting them in person!
edit on 21-3-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
you shouldnt talk about the mods like that LOLOLOL

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
LOL Did you guys read my post? The whole point is that I am growing tired of people treating others like they are "idiots who know nothing". That's why the thread is titled so.

I'm not being judgmental, I'm just saying play nice...
edit on 21-3-2012 by Hope4TheBest because: Fix grammar.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4TheBest
LOL Did you guys read my post? The whole point is that I am growing tired of people treating others like they are "idiot who know nothing". That's why the thread is titled so.

Exactly. What are your credentials to make that claim? What are you the police? Trying to stop people having an opinion even if it may differ from your own.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
i hear ya op

i always try to be polite
and u do have to give new members a bit leeway
after all i and you were noobs at one point
well said
dave

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

LOL Did you guys read my post? The whole point is that I am growing tired of people treating others like they are "idiots who know nothing".

And I am getting tired of people making ridiculous and stupid rants about things that are really not that important.

vvv

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Sarcasm is a hard thing to grasp, or so it appears.

My advice to these people that don´t know is to read a thread before asking the questions that have been answered a 100 times already, cause this is usually why people respond back a little irritated.
edit on 21-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Maybe stay clear of the rant section, instead of going on a rant.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

But this post demeans your own argument, This is attitude to those who have the attitude in the first place.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

You see, its comments like this one from you, that causes the problems the op is mentioning. "Stay clear of the Rant section" mate, I can read any section i want.

There has recently been many rants about the attitudes, responses, posts, threads on ATS. I can easily use your own argument, and say then don't come here, if you feel the need to rant about everything on here.

Sure its an outlet to blow off some steam, but don't abuse it.

vvv

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You see, its comments like this one from you, that causes the problems the op is mentioning. "Stay clear of the Rant section" mate, I can read any section i want.

Then don´t whine about it. And why is a comment like mine causing the problem when it is a reaction to the same sort of response, the one that you made?

Sure its an outlet to blow off some steam, but don't abuse it.

Exactly, an outlet to blow off steam, so why would you criticise the way it is used and rant about it?

Hypocryte.
edit on 21-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I didn't expect to get so many negative responses so quickly. Naturally, there are always two sides to every opinion (and this was posted in the rant section because it is merely my opinion). I do understand that I am being judgmental in my own way as well, but all I'm saying is that this site is for all of us, those who are in the know and those who want to know. I don't think you should be berated for posting in a thread just because you haven't read every single post on the subject previously (not to mention the search function isn't always so reliable), and I certainly don't think you should be called "not very nice" for starting a thread to encourage politeness.

Totally caught me off guard.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

It´s your sarcastic use of Idiots that know nothing.

Most people can´t recognise sarcasm, especially lately.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Originally posted by Hope4TheBest
LOL Did you guys read my post? The whole point is that I am growing tired of people treating others like they are "idiot who know nothing". That's why the thread is titled so.

Exactly. What are your credentials to make that claim? What are you the police? Trying to stop people having an opinion even if it may differ from your own.

Are you mixing up threads?

He's saying that people who do not know about something are often told that they're idiots be some on ATS. He's not saying he disagrees with opinions, and therefore those people are idiots.

??

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by STKauyon

But this post demeans your own argument, This is attitude to those who have the attitude in the first place.

If somebody doesn't know something about the topic at hand, give them the correct information without the attitude.

Thats what he said.

How does that equate with someone replying to a new member with derision and ridicule because they are new?

(hides)

He is 100% correct in my opinion, I should keep the sentiment in mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo

I am sorry, but i don't see that as sarcasm.

Especially in the written form, sarcasm is hard to detect sometimes. Calling your fellow members on here "idiots" is not the way to go about it.

vvv

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Originally posted by bastardo

I am sorry, but i don't see that as sarcasm.

Especially in the written form, sarcasm is hard to detect sometimes. Calling your fellow members on here "idiots" is not the way to go about it.

vvv

But that is MY point! I did not call anybody an idiot. I am ranting about people who treat others like they are idiots.

<<   2  3 >>

join