It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran "Will Retaliate" In Response To SWIFT (Strait of Hormuz)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Iran "Will Retaliate" In Response To SWIFT (Strait of Hormuz)

rt.com

Tehran’s threats to block the Strait of Hormuz in response to sanctions are not mere words, warned Iran’s senior spokesman on sanctions. As long as the West ignores international law to promote its interests, Iran will retaliate, he said.

­Closing the strait would be a response equal to the West’s unlawful severing of Iran from global commerce, believes Iran’s senior spokesman on Western sanctions and former intelligence minister Ali Falahian.

“I suggest that the West take seriously our threat to close the Strait of Hormuz,” he said on Sunday, as cited by the Israeli-based n
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Iran behaving like an infant throwing its toys out the pram again,

Well this is not the first time they have made such a threat as we all know, i have no doubt it will be meet with swift action (no pun intended) as there is already a large international Naval force already in place to deal with such a threat, which would no doubt strangle the world economy should it take place, or if they should some how by miracle succeed in closing it,

Realistically the only way they could have any possible affect is to go bombing Oil depots and attacking oil tankers in the region

As always your thought ATS?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I remember when this started and they said if any ship passes through the strait they will take action and "are not in the business of warning twice"

buncha pussies if you ask me.

+45 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i think its the other way around...Iran is like a parent while the west (being incredibly younger as a civilization) is like the infant throwing temper tantrums and toys. Iran is acting like the patient parent, giving warnings to children before finally acting upon them out of irritation.

iran has every right to close the straight simply because we are cutting them off from the rest of the world with little to no reason except because isreal said so.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Personally I think they are both as bad as each other, they need to get their heads banged together and go to bed without any supper so they can have a long think about what they are doing.

+1 more 
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight

Ermmmm...are they not entitled to react in a way that may "financially" effect the west? After all, the west are imposing sanctions on the ENTIRE population of Iran in an attempt to get them to stop building they're highly dangerous mythical weapons of mass destruction

I'd side more with Iran here than i would with your above quote!

link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
i think its the other way around...Iran is like a parent while the west (being incredibly younger as a civilization) is like the infant throwing temper tantrums and toys. Iran is acting like the patient parent, giving warnings to children before finally acting upon them out of irritation.

iran has every right to close the straight simply because we are cutting them off from the rest of the world with little to no reason except because isreal said so.

We have offered Iran repeated peace talks over their nuclear facilities. Iran's response is

NO! You can't see them!
Then after a little time passes and they have a chance to clear those facilities out....okay you can come in!

Doesn't seem very mature to me....

Almost...childlike?
edit on 3-19-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

That is bad parenting then.
Warning: Dont do that
Dont do that again
Again
Again

At some point in time they will either have to put up or shut up if they expect to be taken seriously.

My prediction, they will do neither.
The rhetoric will continue ad nauseum and they will take no action.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Little to no reason? seriously?

Seems to me Iran is constantly ignoring international law every nation on the planet abides by, but them of course, when action is taking in the form of sanctions to bring them to the table they simply throw there toy out the pram because they cannot have what they want (nukes to threaten the region), so then has a little sulk about it, then issues another threat that gets countered with more sanctions and action to counter there silly threats, such as the 4 aircraft carriers just around the corner, i mean it not like its one or two countrys its a pretty unanimous decision against Iran but i guess there all in the wrong,

What that? you want to kill everyone in Israel, sure you can have nukes carry on... that would be pretty irresponsible of the international communities, would also make the problem x1000 worse

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Personally, i can see this blowing off major style. The US CANT afford Iran to stop trading in $$$$, i genuinely believe a false flag on the USS Enterprise or another ship, then the beginning of the bombing campaign.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Ermmmm...are they not entitled to react in a way that may "financially" effect the west? After all, the west are imposing sanctions on the ENTIRE population of Iran in an attempt to get them to stop building they're highly dangerous mythical weapons of mass destruction

I'd side more with Iran here than i would with your above quote!

But don't they already have the means for peaceful nuclear energy? erm yes they do, that is not the issue here, problem is they're enriching uranium beyond the current 20% which they have at this moment in time, which is well over what you need for nuclear energy, they're quite obviously enriching uranium for a nuclear bomb

which is obviously why nobody is aloud in to inspect,

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Personally, i can see this blowing off major style. The US CANT afford Iran to stop trading in $$$$, i genuinely believe a false flag on the USS Enterprise or another ship, then the beginning of the bombing campaign.

I've heard the same thing a few times now and no disrespect intended here, just conversation..I simply don't see it.
If there is some sort of overt military action involving both the US and Iran, it more than liely will not be for at least a year, as the soonest. By that time I thin all of these snags will work themselves out.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Seems to me Iran is constantly ignoring international law every nation on the planet abides by,

I'm sorry, the US abides by International Laws?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Little to no reason? seriously?

Seems to me Iran is constantly ignoring international law every nation on the planet abides by, but them of course, when action is taking in the form of sanctions to bring them to the table they simply throw there toy out the pram, has a little sulk about it, then issues another threat that gets countered with more sanctions and action to counter the threats, such as the 4 aircraft carriers just around the corner,

You're forgetting Israel's undeclared nukes? lol

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Israel didn't sign an international treaty....

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

So you people would stop whining if Iran would leave the NPT or would you cry louder? I'm thinking you would cry louder.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The US can't afford another war, either, hence why Obama is very reluctant to side with Israel on this matter. As you may know, China is funding our current occupation in Afghanistan. China will not fund another occupation in Iran, especially considering the Chinese are opposed to us going to war with Iran. With no funding, going to war could trigger hyperinflation. Not to say that Iran is leaving us much of a choice once they stop trading oil in dollars.

Again, though, the consequences of war will be dire, and will most likely end with the collapse of the American dollar. Therefore, war is really not in our best interest. Who cares if the Iranians get a nuke? If they use it to attack Israel, we retaliate by glassing their country and culture (with support from the people and the international community, I might add), and the world has two less malignant tumors to worry about.

I'd rather not witness the collapse of America because we stupidly played into the hands of a few warmongers.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Seriously, the solution is not give Iran nukes no matter how much you hate the west,

I couldn't give a f*** about Iran & Israels squabbles but giving them both nukes is dumb

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

So you people would stop whining if Iran would leave the NPT or would you cry louder? I'm thinking you would cry louder.

Wait, why are you backtracking and changing the subject here?
That is irrelevant to the fact that they signed a treaty, and are not following through.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
RT is citing DEBKAfile. I love it.

The Iranians CAN close the Straits of Hormuz; this is the trigger that will cause prices to soar - not just oil, but EVERYTHING - to a point where there will be massive civil unrest (not to mention WWIII.) Mark my words: TS is one centimeter from TF. By October, no one will recognize the United States.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join