It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally broke down and did it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
hit enter to soon ooops

Figured survival would be a better place for this...

I finally purchased my first shot gun.

It's a M200 12GA 3 CHAM. FULL P487707

Wish I had Pics.

What do some of you other thnk good starter gun?
edit on 17-3-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

colt 45 for startersen.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This one?

www.stoegerindustries.com...

It´s 2000.

he Stoeger Model 2000 semi-auto shotgun is the most reliable semi-auto in its price range.

At least that´s what they say.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I'm looking to go deer hunting this year, also looking to get a 30/06 or .270 bolt for longer range. I'm fairly new to the gun world

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Them are pricey lol

The one I bought was advertised for 139.99 but after the background check they said it I could get it for 100 bucks...that made my day lol

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It's about to go down man, 2012 yahhhh!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Never mind.

I thought that was the one you were refering to.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
i think you'd be better off with a sword and body armor.

after you use your ammo and can't get anymore, all you have is a stick...mocking you.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
i think you'd be better off with a sword and body armor.

after you use your ammo and can't get anymore, all you have is a stick...mocking you.

Ridiculous statement. Ammo can be stored and you can´t hunt with a sword and body armor.

As long as other people do have ammo, a sword and body armor will do nothing for you.

Just make sure you store lots of ammo, once it runs out and your still surviving a mellee weapon might be useful.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Lol I've got knives to though lol

This is the closet pic I could find the model I have

Sears,Robbuck

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

isn't 'ridiculous' just a little over the top considering the topic?

the sword and body armor is for combat; actually to communicate the idea of combat preparedness...i'll exchange protective services for food. i figure that if what you guys think is going to happen actually happens...professional mercenary will be a growing field of endeavor.

and the shotgun you bought is utilitarian...i suppose it'll do what you need it to do.

i don't have any intention of regressing to a prehistoric way of life (hunting for food and such) and fully expect that more sophisticated ways of life will continue to exist even in the absence of some modern conveniences.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Forget a starter gun, what you want is an 'ender' gun.

The 'best' choice depends on you environment. If you are in the country something that can 'end it' at 200 yards.

Urban environment? 12 gauge!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

the sword and body armor is for combat; actually to communicate the idea of combat preparedness...i'll exchange protective services for food. i figure that if what you guys think is going to happen actually happens...professional mercenary will be a growing field of endeavor.

and the shotgun you bought is utilitarian...i suppose it'll do what you need it to do.

i don't have any intention of regressing to a prehistoric way of life (hunting for food and such) and fully expect that more sophisticated ways of life will continue to exist even in the absence of some modern conveniences.

Sooo, fighting other "bad" people in exchange for food is NOT regressing to a prehistoric way of life and hunting and gardening your own food is??
Sad to be in your shoes

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

whatever you think...go with that.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Congrats on a new shotgun.....Now get another

Mossberg 500 can be outfitted with all types of accessories

Survival Shot Gun

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The best survival gun is a good 22 caliber rifle. Ammo is cheap and you can kill just about anything with it. A 30-06 makes for a great deer or big game rifle. I prefer the 300 win mag due to a flatter trajectrory but thats just me. Anyway good luck and have fun with your new shotgun.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The easiest beginners gun ever is a bolt-action .22. So docial a lamb could handle it, and less dangerous than a semi-automatic.

You certainly can't kill "just about anything with it", but it's good for a beginner.

The most versatile do-all rifle is the 30-06. Bullet weights from 120-200 grains, and the option to load your own rounds for a lot more power (the 30-06 benefits more from reloading than most rounds). It's good for game from 40-800 lbs, depending on the ammo.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A shotgun is a great starter gun and making your own loads can be rather easy it can fire everything from buckshot to slugs to rock salt and a whole list of other things.

Lots of videos on youtube about reloading.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

This is why one should learn how to reload and buy the equipment powered etc. Always collect your brass.... Second idea purchase a couple of black power weapons. You can purchase a die and from car batteries melt down the lead and make your own shot. When its time to do some hunting you can alway use black power for that kill shot.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceHappy

This is why one should learn how to reload and buy the equipment powered etc. Always collect your brass.... Second idea purchase a couple of black power weapons. You can purchase a die and from car batteries melt down the lead and make your own shot. When its time to do some hunting you can alway use black power for that kill shot.

many people do actually 'OWN' firearms...they can build and repair weapons and produce their own ammunition. maybe even they are accomplished smiths.

then there are those who buy a gun. they frequent this site and think they are going to survive with the gun...

i don't know anything about guns...have only been hunting once as a child and i got a little grossed out watching a rabbit be skinned, cleaned and fried in my friend's grandpa's living room.

but if people think they can purchase survival from a walmart or sears...go with it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join