It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any liberals or (gasp) actual admitted leftists on this board?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I suppose it's definitely too much to ask for a self-identifying Communist or Marxist, so I'll have to be content with the above.

I know there are some, I've seen them scuttling around between threads looking shifty-eyed.
But the top posters everyone seems to look up to, those with all the zillions of stars and spangles and banners, they all seem to be conservative, or have pictures or soldiers or eagles or other right-wing imagery.

I guess this is just a conservative website, at the end of the day. These things happen. We've got reddit, so if the bad guys want to lock this board down, its not the end of the world. But I'd hate to see ATS go out like that!

And, I hate to see the way "liberal" and "left" are used as insults around here...and so many well-meaning people acquesce when they should stand proud. That's the heart of my rant today.

Liberal is not a dirty word. Neither is leftist. Neither (I know this is a stretch for most of you but bear with me) is Communist.

So where are leftists? Show yourselves! Stand proud! Leftists of ATS unite, we have nothing to lose but...er...actually we have nothing to lose!

Me = proud left communist. Join the party!

edit on 16-3-2012 by TheXoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm Australian.
We DRIVE on the left!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverkiss
I'm Australian.
We DRIVE on the left!

I had to lol at this!!! Touche mister/miss, touche

edit on 15-3-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

I am glad that you stand proud. I respect that. I do not identify myself as communist/Marxist or any of that. I am human plain and simple. Leave me be and I'll leave you be. Ask for help and Ill help (if I can without making things worse
) Start forcing your beliefs on me and their will be bashing of the heads. That last one is why I don't like a lot of the politics, now I should stop. If I go on I might get another warning, and I like ATS.
edit on 15-3-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Why does everyone keep asking me to chose a side??

I am a proud liberal conservative with communist ideals and empirical tendencies. I actually HOPE for a one world government, at least this will stop all the shenanigans.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Plenty of left / libs here.
It is a right wing site so lefties have to watch their p's and q's.
I'm one of them. See my posts.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

Because to be effective we need muscle. Your theories may be unique, beautiful, and even better than the alternative. But if you are sitting alone in a cave with them, what good are they?

Politics are about people and working together, so to be meaningful political ideas have to apply to people and have to be able to be put into practice with people. This means getting behind a package of ideas and supporting it along with millions of others. This isn't as elegant as pure theory. But it works at the end of the day.

I'm a left-anarchist by the way. Hi OP. Don't "Stalin" me and I won't "Bakunin" you...

edit on 15-3-2012 by SilentThundersGF because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

I am a proud liberal conservative with communist ideals and empirical tendencies. I actually HOPE for a one world government, at least this will stop all the shenanigans.

If all that is true then you should be a big President Obama supporter,
I am, and I believe he is a liberal conservative with communist ideals and empirical tendencies.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This thread will make an exceeeelent handy reference too for when we rightists begin the door-to-door rounding-up of troublemakers! bwahahahaha!

Just kidding.

Sort of .

Actually although not by any stretch of the imagination a leftist myself, I do find myself taking issue with the people who call themselves "conservatives" more and more these days too, and I even came out here in favor of OWS early on (although I'm a lot less enthusiastic about it now). So there may be some hope for you veggie-tofu-falafal-munching freaks of teh left.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There's a reason it's called the right
Because we're right

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
S & F from me for being honest about who you are.

I am a liberal in certain regards, conservative in others, and sometimes, middle of the road.

I supposed you could try and pigeon-hole me as an independent thinker. No ideology is perfect, therefore I pick and choose to create my own.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am a lefty---or a born again liberal. Grew up in a hyper conservative psycho-christian home, so I rebelled to the far outfield and back again. Now I am your run of the mill left of center Democrat wearing Green party pins.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
how about a true definition of leftist - in your eyes,

then I will answer.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I like your post.
I'm a leftist and I like some of the most opinionated Libertarians/Conservatives here. Doesn't mean I wouldn't meet them in battle if it came to that, and that would be tragic. We are afraid of each other, we think you guys want to go back to Dixieland, and you guys think we want to be the Soviet Union. So we have some deep ideological divides. Neither one is accurate but that is the nature of the collective IQ.

We have a swing one way or the other coming up.
If Obama gets the second term, the socialization of America will be on it's way to a a working model.
If it's Santorum, Romney, or Ron Paul we're are going way crazy right.
Either way there are going to be a lot of very angry people on one side.

I hope we can get through this peacefully, only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I agree with that, I don't particularly subscribe to any ideology I do tend to be more conservative, you know being responsible for your own actions type of thing. But I am fairly liberal and open minded.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

It won't be way crazy right, just more centered.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

You forgot fascist as i have been called that quite a bit

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

Oh yeah left as "fascist," that's a good one! Been hearing that a lot lately. Preseumably from people who have never cracked a history book.

Orwell is spinning fast enough in his grave to serve as a human lathe these days...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Fascist, to the left side? Really?
Wow, even I know that that term is for the far right of the spectrum.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Yea, I swing both ways, I'm sure. How can you tell which one you are??

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

I like the idea of Marx & Lenin style communism, but unfortunately it still doesn't work because of the Bureaucracy necessary to sustain it. It's the same process necessary in all governments, that's why we need to computerize it to ensure the people; no matter what their political affiliation, may be heard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join