It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Osama Bin Laden Really Buried at sea.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A Stratfor e-mail seems to suggest that Osama Bin Laden's body was taken to the US,

http: //www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/06/was-osama-bin-laden-really-buried-at-sea-wikileaks-emails-suggest-al-qaeda-chiefs-body-was-flown-to-us-military- mortuary_n_1323138.html

A leaked email from Stratfor vice president for intelligence Fred Burton, sent on 2 May 2011, at 5.26am states: “Reportedly, we took the body with us. Thank goodness.”

A subsequent email on the same day at 5.51am states: “Body bound for Dover, DE on CIA plane. Than (sic) onward to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Bethesda.”

You need to close the gap in the url and copy.

Despite the later e-mail saying that "He sleeps with the fish" Burton had already said that the body was on a CIA 'plane, leaving some doubt as to changing a story, perhaps under duress.

edit on 6-3-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I'm guessing, only a guess, Osama was dead long before the kill report and the story was used to boost confidence and poll ratings in Obama. A terrorist that needed dialysis every day while hiding in caves isn't going to live very long.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

"Search" is your friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
reply to post by smurfy

"Search" is your friend.

Do you think I didn't, that title was not there. This happens.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

No worries. I have just already seen a few of these come through today.

Personally I like this one the best so far ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

The best thread that contains this info is this thread, www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That is very good also. I just like the added twist that it was reported and then taken down by Drudge.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Was Osama Bin Laden Really Buried at sea.,

yes, this is almost as dumb as the *birther*
issue..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

True true, I'm pissed at Drudge for removing it, wimps. Good to finally see a MSM source like the HuffPost pick this story up. Before that, the only American news outlet I saw carry this story was Philadelphia Fox

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

No worries. I have just already seen a few of these come through today.

Personally I like this one the best so far ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well the Huff post story is still up, and has been updated and it seems that the scenario happened. I still have to check Wikileaks.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Well if you believe everything the US gov't tells us thats your prerogative but their official story, like so many of their official stories, isn't believed by some while people like you fully believe it. Welcome to the world of many possibilities, opinions, and outcomes. Sorry if its not as black and white as you would like.

In any case, hack files from Stratfor, straight from the horse mouth, if you will.

www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - The anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks began publishing on Monday more than 5 million emails from a U.S.-based global security analysis company that has been likened to a shadow CIA. The emails, snatched by hackers, could unmask sensitive sources and throw light on the murky world of intelligence-gathering by the company known as Stratfor, which counts Fortune 500 corporations among its subscribers.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

As far as I have read the only thing to come from Stratfor is that a couple of the people were simply questioning whether it happened or not. Nothing concrete to sink your teeth into just yet but certainly an interesting question.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl
reply to post by smurfy

I'm guessing, only a guess, Osama was dead long before the kill report and the story was used to boost confidence and poll ratings in Obama. A terrorist that needed dialysis every day while hiding in caves isn't going to live very long.

That, I think, was the way most people viewed it, including some of those in the security services. Even the latest effort from National Geographic just out, on his death smacks of cover-up.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

There was a story on fox 11 So California this morning about Wikileaks Stratford e-mails. I can't find it online but I swear I watching traffic news and weather before work and sure enough, the morning news mentioned it. Wierd.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Well if you believe everything the US gov't tells us thats your prerogative but their official story, like so many of their official stories, isn't believed by some while people like you fully believe it. Welcome to the world of many possibilities, opinions, and outcomes. Sorry if its not as black and white as you would like.

In any case, hack files from Stratfor, straight from the horse mouth, if you will.

www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - The anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks began publishing on Monday more than 5 million emails from a U.S.-based global security analysis company that has been likened to a shadow CIA. The emails, snatched by hackers, could unmask sensitive sources and throw light on the murky world of intelligence-gathering by the company known as Stratfor, which counts Fortune 500 corporations among its subscribers.

All heersay, that report from reuters does not say
Osama was NOT burried at sea..

hundreds of people saw this happen.
beating a dead horse here..
as much as i would like Obama
not in office and that the birther
issue was true, it has no ground..
No evidence to support it really.

This is the same thing.

Show me some proof he was not burried at sea.
edit on 6-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

That report from Reuters says nothing about this latest info. The story about OBL you will find the OPs post, its the first post in this thread.... I was just showing you that Stratfor was an insider as Reuters has likened them to a shadow CIA. They emails, among other things, were hacked by Anon and given to Wikileaks who published them for all to read. Now the latest and greatest is the emails that state OBL was not buried at sea.

At this moment in time the best defense against these hacked emails that this all is just hear say. We shall see where this all goes. We all know if the DC acknowledges these emails they will deny them.

Yes, hundreds of military members aboard that carrier witnessed something but whatever they saw I guarantee it wasn't open casket.......

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

As far as I have read the only thing to come from Stratfor is that a couple of the people were simply questioning whether it happened or not. Nothing concrete to sink your teeth into just yet but certainly an interesting question.

That is true from the outset, in fact much of the output of this Stratfor outfit hints at wallybergers. But still, the Devil is in the detail, aircraft, destination, CIA. All later rescinded in a curious way.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I agree with you.There's no proof that he wasn't.Also,for those who say he died years ago : Don't you think if that were true Al Qaeda/ or any other country would've come out and said when he died?Especially if it could make the Us Government look bad,you better believe they would've provided proof of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Was Osama Bin Laden Really Buried at sea.,

yes, this is almost as dumb as the *birther*
issue..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Confirmed: Obama's Birth Certificate Not Authentic 2012 - Still think the birther issue is dumb

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Another link to what the op's thread is about

Leaked: Bin Laden not buried at sea, body moved on CIA plane to US

The body of Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden was not buried at sea, according to leaked emails of intelligence firm Stratfor, as revealed by WikiLeaks.

Stratfor’s vice-president for intelligence, Fred Burton, believes the body was “bound for Dover, [Delaware] on [a] CIA plane” and then “onward to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Bethesda [Maryland],” an email says.

The official version is that the body of Al-Qaeda’s top man, who was killed by a US raid in Pakistan on May 2, 2011, was buried at an undisclosed location at sea in a proper Muslim ceremony.

"If body dumped at sea, which I doubt, the touch is very Adolph Eichman like. The Tribe did the same thing with the Nazi's ashes," Burton commented in another email. Eichman was one of the masterminds of the Holocaust by Nazi Germany. He was captured by Mossad agents in Argentina and, tried in Israel, found guilty and executed in 1962. His body was cremated and his ashes were scattered at sea over the Mediterranean.

"Eichmann was seen alive for many months on trial before being sentenced to death and executed. No one wanted a monument to him so they cremated him. But i dont know anyone who claimed he wasnt eicjhman [sic]. No comparison with suddenly burying him at sea without any chance to view him which i doubt happened [sic]," Stratfor CEO George Friedman replied.

"The US Govt needs to make body pics available like the MX's do, with OBL's pants pulled down, to shout down the lunatics like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck," Burton says in another message.

rt.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join