It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel & US: Partners in International Crime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The recent charade played out by both Israel and the United States in regards with "what to do about Iran," is merely premeditated playacting, carrying out the directives clearly laid out in the Brookings Institute report, which have been systematically carried out, verbatim, even as it was being published in 2009. There is no real bifurcation between the West and Israel, only an attempt to compartmentalize responsibility for an unwarranted, unjustified, and ultimately unpopular, criminal act of war that may end with millions maimed, killed, or otherwise affected.

We are witnessing an open conspiracy to commit vast crimes against humanity playing out before our eyes, and it is our daily capitulation, our daily sponsorship of the corporations and financier interests driving this abhorrent agenda that allows it to continue on in earnest. Simply "protesting" a war long since decided will not be enough. We must also strike at the very source of power behind Wall Street and London, and it can be done with an act as simple as exposing and boycotting the corporations and financier interests which constitute this murderous global menace.

This is an excellent article written by Tony Cartalucci.

I´ve found the article on BlackListedNews and needed to share this.

Imho this is big!

What we´re seeing right now regarding the Iran vs Israel/US issue is written on paper, in black and white, in a 2009 report!

Which Path To Persia.PDF

The document, "Which Path to Persia?" published by the corporate-funded Brookings Institute, and signed by Kenneth Pollack, Daniel Byman, Martin Indyk, Suzanne Maloney, Michael O'Hanlon, and Bruce Riedel, who often make their way onto corporate-media networks as "experts," clearly states that Iran is neither reckless nor likely to deploy nuclear weapons in any way but as a deterrence to Western-led military intervention. The fear is not of waking up one day to a nuclear holocaust with Israel "wiped off the map," but rather waking up one day and realizing the US and Israel no longer hold uncontested hegemony across the Middle East.

On page 24 of the Brookings Institute report, it is stated, "most of Iran's foreign policy decisionmaking since the fall of the Shah could probably be characterized as "aggressive but not reckless,"" before adding the baseless caveat, "but Washington cannot categorically rule out the possibility that there are truly insane or ideologically possessed Iranian leaders who would attempt far worse if they were ever in a position to do so."

But Tony, the writer of the article, goes on to state the same can be said about the US.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Congressman Steve Buyer of Indiana at one point suggested the use of nuclear weapons in Afghanistan against cave-dwelling militants using 30 year-old Soviet weapons.

source for quote

Image: Screenshot taken from Defense.gov where it is admitted that a US Senator proposed using nuclear weapons against Afghanistan with then Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld keeping such options "on the table." While the threat of Iran using nuclear weapons has constituted exclusively of accusations by the West directed at the Islamic Republic, threats of the US using such weapons come directly from America's leadership itself. (click image to enlarge)

Other US think-tanks, including the RAND Corporation , in assessing the threat of a nuclear Iran, noted that Iran has had chemical weapons in its inventory for decades, and other reports from RAND describe the strict control elite military units exercise over these weapons, making it unlikely they would end up in the hands of "terrorists."

Yet someone is still pushing for this unwanted and unneeded war

RAND.PDF

Other RAND source

Then the report goes on the state one of the most shocking and eye-opening things to me.

The Brookings report would then go on to admit it was the intention of US-Israeli policy toward Iran to provoke a war they knew Iran would neither want, nor benefit from. The goal was to create such a provocation without the world recognizing it was indeed the West triggering hostilities:

READ CLOSELY!

The Brooklings report goes on to admit it was the intention of US-Israeli policy toward Iran to provoke a war they knew Iran would neither want, not benefit from.

Isn't that what is happening right now!?

sanctions, threats etc.

this is the quote from the report, can be found on pages 84-85.

"...it would be far more preferable if the United States could cite an Iranian provocation as justification for the airstrikes before launching them. Clearly, the more outrageous, the more deadly, and the more unprovoked the Iranian action, the better off the United States would be. Of course, it would be very difficult for the United States to goad Iran into such a provocation without the rest of the world recognizing this game, which would then undermine it. (One method that would have some possibility of success would be to ratchet up covert regime change efforts in the hope that Tehran would retaliate overtly, or even semi-overtly, which could then be portrayed as an unprovoked act of Iranian aggression.) "

the article follows it up by a sickening quote, that can be found on page 52.

"In a similar vein, any military operation against Iran will likely be very unpopular around the world and require the proper international context—both to ensure the logistical support the operation would require and to minimize the blowback from it. The best way to minimize international opprobrium and maximize support (however, grudging or covert) is to strike only when there is a widespread conviction that the Iranians were given but then rejected a superb offer—one so good that only a regime determined to acquire nuclear weapons and acquire them for the wrong reasons would turn it down. Under those circumstances, the United States (or Israel) could portray its operations as taken in sorrow, not anger, and at least some in the international community would conclude that the Iranians “brought it on themselves” by refusing a very good deal."

well the media is surely portraying Iran as the evil lately!

Clearly those in the West intent on striking Iran realize both the difficulty of obtaining a plausible justification, and the utter lack of support they have globally to carry out an attack even if they manage to find a suitable pretext. Brookings would continue throughout their report enumerating methods of provoking Iran, including conspiring to fund opposition groups to overthrow the Iranian government, crippling Iran's economy, and funding US State Department-listed terrorist organizations to carry deadly attacks within Iran itself. Despite these overt acts of war, and even considering an option to unilaterally conduct limited airstrikes against Iranian targets, Brookings noted there was still the strong possibility Iran would not allow itself to be sufficiently provoked:

PLEASE read these quotes closely!
It's sickening!

CONTINUED..
edit on 6-3-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't want my thread removed because of this being a copy and paste job, so i'm going to leave you with this.

I hope i've sparked your interest the rest of the article is interesting, intriguing and eye-opening.

I really encourage you guys to clink the link on this one!

The report just lays it out there!

And it's well-sourced as well.

Link To The Source Article

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Incredible.

You really have to be a fool to not see what's going on here. Manufactured war, with manufactured reasons, based in fear and propaganda.

This has and always will be about controlling the ME and making sure that US/Israeli interests are preserved. I hope the war mongers read this and understand why I call them such.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This has and always will be about controlling the ME and making sure that US/Israeli interests are preserved. I hope the war mongers read this and understand why I call them such.

right!

Only foolish people or people with direct interests in this war will support it.

I don't see what the big deal is with Iran developing nuclear capabilities.

Israel has at least 300 nukes and god knows how many the US has.

Why the hypocrisy?

Something tells me this isn't about nuclear capabilities....

link   
This is all kinds of messed up. The false flags from a few weeks ago look more and more like the first shots in a covert war, taken by US/Israeli interests. Thanks for the article, I'll be reading this for the next long while!

link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

This is what we have been saying all along, It is the US/Israel provoking Iran.

I wonder if the Israeli boot lickers will show up?

They usually avoid fact threads,

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by kn0wh0w

This is what we have been saying all along, It is the US/Israel provoking Iran.

I wonder if the Israeli boot lickers will show up?

They usually avoid fact threads,

Well don't expect them to log in for this one then

Can't get much more factual then this.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have spent since I started getting on the internet avoiding any type of discussion on Israel, simply because of the attitudes of most people. The first time I ever tried to discuss in a reasonable manner with a Zionist the Palestinian issue I realized then the futility of it. I was called all manner of names and it was a pointless waste of time. There was no reason involved. After this I never discussed politics again.

But now, with the threat of a true WW3, I decided I had no choice, I want peace in our world. And any who can should make the effort toward that goal. But in dealing with the issue, and seeing fact after fact, it amazes me anyone who has eyes to see does not see this! It convinces you... people choose their blindness.

edit on 6-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have posted the link to this Brookings report many times in response to a bunch of rabid, war-mongering threads about how Iran "must be stopped" because their leader is crazy and cannot be trusted with weapons of mass destruction. However, I didn't quote from it as you have, which is probably my mistake, because most people tend not to like to read, or have time to read, a voluminous tome laying out how to take down Iran.

It calls for everything that has already been done: economic sanctions, media manipulation, etc. All that needs to be done now is a false flag event (as per the report) to get people worked up and willing to allow this war, a la 9/11.

It is all in the paper, in cold black and white. It has been planned for years. I believe they'll drag this out until September / October, so Obummer can get in for a second term. Either a 9/11 redux, or an "October Surprise", something obscene and dreadful, played up in the media as Iran's fault.

We have all been put on a sick carnival ride, a "fun" house of horrors, that we didn't pay for and don't want, yet TPTB won't let us get off and stop the insanity. We have been overtly and subtly conditioned to accept a disaster at the end of this year, and if they have their way, we'll get a big one.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My question is who funds these papers? These think tanks? If the policies of the United States of America are to be influenced by them, then oughtn't we know who the actors are? What are their motivations?

"The first casualty of war is truth".

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

The authors are deeply grateful for the financial assistance from the Smith Richardson Foundation, the Crown Family Foundation, and others in the drafting and publication of this study.

per original op link.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thank you kn0wh0w for a very well laid out and informative thread. Five stars, three cheers, two thumbs up, and a bit of your favorite smoking material for you. Perhaps it is this " Think Tank " that should be bombed, not Iran. You can almost smell the stench of evil as you read that report. These folks are playing with people's lives as if they mean absolutely nothing to them. Surely somebody can come up with criminal charges for this sort of thing. How about conspiracy to commit mass murder? Conspiracy to defraud the public out of BILLIONS of dollars for another war we do not need?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You really have to be a fool to not see what's going on here. Manufactured war, with manufactured reasons, based in fear and propaganda.

There are plenty of fools to go around, that's for sure. And it is the fools that will define how we press forward with Iran.

I fear that the warmongers will do what they want and the dumb masses will eat up the propaganda, like some members on this website.

God help us all.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I have posted the link to this Brookings report many times in response to a bunch of rabid, war-mongering threads about how Iran "must be stopped" because their leader is crazy and cannot be trusted with weapons of mass destruction. However, I didn't quote from it as you have, which is probably my mistake, because most people tend not to like to read, or have time to read, a voluminous tome laying out how to take down Iran.

I hope you don´t feel like i´m stealing your glory!

I just came across this and was a like ´wow´ at first.

So i decided to post this report.

Maybe people will take more notice now.

It´s pretty much laid out right here...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Thank you kn0wh0w for a very well laid out and informative thread. Five stars, three cheers, two thumbs up, and a bit of your favorite smoking material for you.

Thankl you very kindly!

Trying to give up smoking atm though.

Have had chestpains for the last 2 weeks.

Decided to see a doctor, he said it was due to a faulthy seating position that caused my chest to cramp up.

But i was scared it was relating to my smoking, so i´m quiting right now

But back ontopic now

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I always wondered how Israel can pay for the....uhmm....everything they need to be ahead of the arabian nations around them. Millitairy, scientifically and monetairy..

Israel is a small, barren country with no significant oil deposits or mineral resources and ofcourse terribly out numbered when it comes to the amount of soldiers compared to the arab nations around them.

Yet they keep ahead with technology and money.....the arabs are not able to buy advantage over Israel just because of the fact that Israel seems to have a ........ dollar printer maybe? Anyways I refuse to believe that Israel is so rich and resourcefull because of donations from Jews all over the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Nicely laid out OP. Very interesting and just confirms what I think about the whole situation. They need to make Iran make the first move.
I'm sure that some will poo poo this thread and continue with their belief that Iran is intent on causing a Nuclear holocaust without a nuclear bomb.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
I always wondered how Israel can pay for the....uhmm....everything they need to be ahead of the arabian nations around them. Millitairy, scientifically and monetairy..

Anyways I refuse to believe that Israel is so rich and resourcefull because of donations from Jews all over the world.

Israel receives billions of dollars in foreign aid from the US annually. In 2010 alone they received over $220M for just three weapons systems. Military aid. Foreign aid. Grants/Loans. Huge stockpiles of US weaponry which they can access when needed.

When you tally up all the various forms of financial and military aid I believe the last few years has averaged somewhere in the $5+ billion/year ballpark.

I'd have say that likely goes a long way in helping them to 'stay ahead' of other nations in the region

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Lets see the pro-Israel warmongers try to defend this one. I was aware of this report, but didnt have the time to read it. They are actively plotting to commit war crimes, that is reason enough for the USA to do a preemptive strike on Israel and to turn them into glass.
edit on 123131p://3America/ChicagoTue, 06 Mar 2012 12:11:21 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Lets see the pro-Israel warmongers try to defend this one

Like i said before.

I have a gut feeling they won't show up

Allthought it's a shame really.

Everybody deserves and needs to see this report.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join