It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'2012 is not 1944': Netanyahu invokes Auschwitz in warning to Obama over Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

'2012 is not 1944': Netanyahu invokes Auschwitz in warning to Obama over Iran

www.telegraph.co.uk

Benjamin Netanyahu has invoked the US refusal to bomb Auschwitz, the Nazi death camp, in 1944 as he issued a warning to Barack Obama that Israel cannot "afford to wait much longer" before striking against Iran's nuclear facilities

"We've waited for diplomacy to work. We've waited for sanctions to work. None of us can afford to wait much longer. As Prime Minister of Israel, I will never let my people live under the shadow of annihilation," he said in a speech
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
"My friends, 2012 is not 1944... Never again," he cried, repeating one of the founding slogans of Israel to a roaring standing ovation from the audience.

So now, Netanyahu is really banging the drums. He has told Obama that whether he likes it or not, there will be an attack on Iran if they keep on advancing with their Nuclear efforts. He said they will do it by themselves if they have to.

If he is serious, i fear that there may be another war.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I think he said it because he knows War with Iran is unpopular and that's all he's got to stir it up with...that and "Weapons of Mass Destruction"

Oh never mind, sorry. That was the last war.

This new excuse for the naked, full frontal antagonism and the war dance Netanyahu is trying to engage Obama in is "We feel they have Nuclear capabilities."

edit on 6-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I hope Obama in his national address tomorrow states that the US will not support Israel's desire for war, and will aid Iran should Israel begin military action.

Instant re-election.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I hope Obama in his national address tomorrow states that the US will not support Israel's desire for war, and will aid Iran should Israel begin military action.

Instant re-election.

I think that is what Obama is planning.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Instant re-election.

I hope so, if only to stick it right up Israel's bung hole so I can feel the satisfaction of seeing at least one bully get the slap down.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time until someone does so I will instead invoke Godwin's Law.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think these two snippets from the article say enough to make me sick

In the most emotive section of a speech given to an audience that included half of the US Congress as well as members of Mr Obama's cabinet and some 13,000 delegates, Mr Netanyahu drew comparisons with America's unwillingness to bomb the Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz.

"My friends, 2012 is not 1944... Never again," he cried, repeating one of the founding slogans of Israel to a roaring standing ovation from the audience.

Just shows where US politics really is, in the pocket of Israel, the world will be doomed if these idiots are not kept on a leash

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Instant re-election.

I think that is what Obama is planning.

No. Obama will not take Iran's side either.

Why should he?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Instant re-election.

You won't have to worry about elections if Obama announced actual support for Iran over Israel. err.. We'd be up to our eyeballs in World War III by next November. Heck, we'd be there within a week. I hope all the anti-gun people are open to change. A statement like that...Well, it won't happen...but if it did, it would kick off the fighting all over the place almost right away...including here at home.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Instant re-election.

If he does that, which he won't, you better prepare for another assassinated president. It is unwise to mess with Gods übermensch.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Instant re-election.

By whom?

Republicans want to bomb Iran and lots of Americans while admitting Israel "sometimes goes too far" also think "nucular weponz r bad"

The majority of the country is made up by unthinking fence-sitters that flip a coin the morning of election day and care for little more than pretty lights of the 24-hour coverage the rest of the day.

"The purpose of the Jewish state is to secure the Jewish future," he said. "That is why Israel must always have the ability to defend itself, by itself, against any threat."

People can be Jewish anywhere (mostly) they want Mr Netanyahu (yahu... yahoo; can't be a coincidence), and this little speech, sounds kinda like something Hitler would have said about the Aryan race.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Obama should take Iran's side for a number of reasons.

1. Iranian oil production should resume full swing, driving market prices downward globally.
2. Without Israel angering and provoking Arab states, the region becomes more stable and prime for development.
3. Iran has been cooperative with Western powers for quite some time, where Israel has not.

i could continue the list, but those 3 reasons are enough for me.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Shred

Neither I, nor Mr. Obama are afraid of the Jewish people.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra...this little speech, sounds kinda like something Hitler would have said about the Aryan race.

Exactly. What is the difference between declaring you are the perfect race and declaring you are the chosen people? Both just as psychotic as the other and they behave the same too.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Shred

Good, the Jewish people aren't too bad, pretty nice people.

The Government of Israel however... bunch of war-hungry madmen who will do everything they can to get their way.
edit on 3/6/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Wow didn't wait long to play the holocaust card huh? +2 to Israel for the advanced sympathy play. Sorry Benny but you already said you don't need America so don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Shred

Yeah, that worked out real well for Black September. Go find some of ...err... Well, go find one of,... er uhh.. Yeah. Oh never mind.

I hope that works out well. I don't fear Israel. I do, however, respect them. The same way I show a predator in the wild some serious respect and caution. Similarly, Israel has a nasty habit of attacking threats.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
I think these two snippets from the article say enough to make me sick

In the most emotive section of a speech given to an audience that included half of the US Congress as well as members of Mr Obama's cabinet and some 13,000 delegates, Mr Netanyahu drew comparisons with America's unwillingness to bomb the Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz.

Just shows where US politics really is, in the pocket of Israel, the world will be doomed if these idiots are not kept on a leash

Iran is not the Third Reich either.
They are not occupying neighboring land and seizing it... as Hitler began with Poland and some might say Israel is doing with it's own neighboring Palestine. Netanyahu took a cheap shot and it's a low and inappropriate maneuver to encourage war this way.

And yet he needs to keep this out there because when the last holocaust survivor dies there is the real possibility events surrounding the holocaust will be forgotten. Why?
Everyone looks bad in it. The whole world and there is a tendency to forget what is unpleasant, may be a survival instinct but there is also an evolutionary tendency, built in - to ignore a complainer.

Even monkeys, if given a choice to feed themselves or... feed themselves and a friend, tend to "do the right thing" and they will feed themselves and a friend - This "morality aware" evolutionary trait is ingrained in our genetic makeup. BUT (and this is very important) ....unless the other creature is annoying.

Jump ahead here to the 11:00 minute mark to see "doing the right thing...and at the 13:00 mm to see the "unless" factor present as illustrated in chimps. www.youtube.com... (TEDxPeachtree - Frans de Waal - Morality without Religion)

Chimps readily admit: "If you are not behaving, I am not going to be pro-social today." And why should they feed their annoying friend? This tendency to reward good behavior translates easily to a larger world stage...

USA responds to Israel: Without peaceful resolution to issues with Iran - We will not STOP you but the war weary USA cannot be counted on to assist you in the battle.

It is a natural reply. Any other responses (i.e. calls to war) are (pick one) forced, manipulated, guilt-ed and unnatural, not in humanities best interest, contrary to evolution. They may be in "God's" best interest - but even then these are old memories on dusty papers and according to a select few. None of whom are most of us.

People get tired of constant irritation with no relief in sight...With not even an attempt at peaceful negotiations. If this is what it takes to win an Israeli election then the entire region should get ready for fire. They have weapons burning a hole in their pocket - and WE know how trigger happy that can make ya...

edit on 6-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
A direct strike against nuclear facilities aye? That's damn near as good as a bomb if those are operational facilities.

If that is the case they should be charged for that threat!

To directly strike against an operational nuclear facility... that should be considered some type of war crime or crime against humanity.

I'm going to have to read into this further to understand how they can get away with such direct threats as they seem to be the ones who want to pull the trigger first. I believe Irans threats are more of self defense in how and when they transpire.

what the hell does india have to say about this i wonder? Surely they are all doing facepalms over there.

edit on 6-3-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join