It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I guess your solution is to have FEMA come and take my weapons and throw us all in a disease stricken stadium for a billion dollar pricetag?

No thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well like Ron says, this is an Intellectual Revolution and Debate that is going on. And unfortunately most of Americans aren't "intellectual" enough to understand his policies and positions, which is why he isn't doing so well. Most people need simple spoon fed words, government aid, and told to go off and watch more American idol.

I see no problems with this issue and his stance makes perfect sense to me. If I was a victim of a natural disaster like this, I would much rather rely on my community, friends, family, community doctors/nurses, and STATE government aid, then have the Fed come up in everyone's business with FEMA citing rules and regulations, trying to run the show and threaten arrest for anyone disobeying them.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
When Hurricane Hugo hit here in SC (zip 29577)

the green fatigues of rifle toting soldiers were everywhere

and the SBA (small business Administration) set up a week long access point to file claims

the food stamp people were handing out $400 packets of food stamps to anyone that could fog a mirror

that is not the Federal Aid that is needed or wanted, that is just wasteful largesse

most of the people i knew headed for relatives inland or camped under the underpasses in Conway some 15 miles inland...i stayed but got my apt flooded and believe it or not the cable TV came on the next morning

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

First off, comparing tornadoes to car accidents is pretty silly.

You have a pretty good chance of being hit by a car, which is why most states mandate car insurance.

And that is caused by another driver.

A tornado is an act of nature that randomly picks where it will land without any predictability.

An 'earthquake' is also an act of nature that randomly picks 'when' it will go off (4.0 in San Francisco this morning). I live in Seattle, and I have earthquake insurance.

No one is saying these people don't have insurance. But poeple need immediate assistance, a place to stay, a place to eat, a place to shower, and some clothes.

That is where emergency services comes in.

Insurance does not:
take you to the hospital
take your body to the morgue
reuinite you with lost family members
wash your clothes
provide medications

Obviously, however your 'Insurance' will make sure that you are **reimbursed** for all of the medical treatment/aid that you received. Sorry my friend, but nothing in this life is FREE.

edit on 5-3-2012 by hero_25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Then in comes FEMA, and everything went to hell. One of the first directives given where to shut-down any medical establishment that was not sanctioned by FEMA, and if they were found giving any medical treatment they would be arrested and charge with violations......

I saw the same thing happen when FEMA came into North Birmingham (Pratt City). They came in and "strong armed" everyone. It was unbelievable! To hell with them! They do nothing good! Just like everything else the government touches, they are bankrupt and inefficient. My wife is also a RN. I know exactly what you are talking about. If we do not stand up and resist this type of system, we are truly in prison without knowing it. I gave 10 years of my life to this country to see it go down the drain. What a shame! almost all the men on my dad's side of the family going back to the 1700's has fought and some died in wars for this country. What a shame to see it go to crap because our men lack the intestinal fortitude required to keep our government honest. What a shame.....

edit on 3/5/2012 by NoSoup4U because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Ah see, you people can't even keep your facts straight much less decide for others if they need federal assistance or not.

Here, let me give you a little piece of common sense that so many ATSers need on threads like these....

IF there was a mandatory evacuation for NO, why would FEMA or anyone else set up a shelter right in the middle of NO? hhmm?

Now here is the real story...again. For the 100th time.

The superdome was NOT a shelter. It USED to be used as a shelter, by the CITY.

But when it was used, it got destroyed, the city said it won't be a shelter anymore.

It was out of custom that people thought they could go to it as a shelter, but it was not a designated shelter by ANYONE.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So much idiocy with the context of this thread..........can no one see the dependency that people now have upon the government? Look at how the sheep run to defend the government's support and the government's provisions for health care, contraception, natural disasters, and so many other issues. Do people not realize that this dependency is exactly what the founding fathers wanted to prevent?

The teat of the government is a powerful tool that is used to rally support behind it and everything it stands for (which, ironically are big corporations, banks, and unions primarily). Now that they have you sucking off that teat the idea that one can support oneself becomes a foreign idea. The idea that one would have enough prosperity and wealth that they could supply their own insurance that would cover the costs of natural disasters.or that if something crazy did happen someone would have enough prosperity or their community would have enough prosperity or the large charitable non-profit organizations would have enough prosperity to care for oneself and one another.

Realize your dependence. See how you are controlled. Recognize your enslavement. Perceive your reactions if your government drug or fix would suddenly be removed. Realize the power that gives the government over you and your mind and your ideology. The government is in the business of forming you into who they want you to be, because the idea of one who is free from their rule and their power is scary to them.

I'm sorrowed to see so many already enslaved by the ideology the government has thrust towards them and captured by the addictive milk that flows from its teat.

Ron Paul recognizes the plight of the enslaved human being. He wishes only to see that dependency demolished and free people rising to care for one another.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25

First off, comparing tornadoes to car accidents is pretty silly.

You have a pretty good chance of being hit by a car, which is why most states mandate car insurance.

And that is caused by another driver.

A tornado is an act of nature that randomly picks where it will land without any predictability.

An 'earthquake' is also an act of nature that randomly picks 'when' it will go off (4.0 in San Francisco this morning). I live in Seattle, and I have earthquake insurance.

No one is saying these people don't have insurance. But poeple need immediate assistance, a place to stay, a place to eat, a place to shower, and some clothes.

That is where emergency services comes in.

Insurance does not:
take you to the hospital
take your body to the morgue
reuinite you with lost family members
wash your clothes
provide medications

Obviously, however your 'Insurance' will make sure that you are **reimbursed** for all of the medical treatment/aid that you received. Sorry my friend, but nothing in this life is FREE.

edit on 5-3-2012 by hero_25 because: (no reason given)

So genius, what do people do in the meantime?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Originally posted by jimmyx

if ron paul is so against government aide, he should immediately give back all his "congressional" income" and volunteer his congressional services. apparently sacrfice has nothing to do with his $160,000.00 income from his "government job"...if you talk the talk, then you must walk the walk.

Ummm, he does.

Last year he gave back some $70k. It wasn't all of it, but it was a lot. Also, he's said he'd only accept a presidential pay of about $39k/yr if elected (rather than the $400k). That's the amount the average American makes.

BTW, he's also declined the congressional pension. So, he won't be retiring off the tax payer's money.

Know any other politicians doing this? Didn't think so.

well, he is a multi-millionaire....latimesblogs.latimes.com...

what a sacrifice

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fluxcapacitor84
Well like Ron says, this is an Intellectual Revolution and Debate that is going on. And unfortunately most of Americans aren't "intellectual" enough to understand his policies and positions, which is why he isn't doing so well. Most people need simple spoon fed words, government aid, and told to go off and watch more American idol.

I see no problems with this issue and his stance makes perfect sense to me. If I was a victim of a natural disaster like this, I would much rather rely on my community, friends, family, community doctors/nurses, and STATE government aid, then have the Fed come up in everyone's business with FEMA citing rules and regulations, trying to run the show and threaten arrest for anyone disobeying them.

So if there is a disaster, and hospitals are overwhelmed, filled with your community that has been hurt, what do you do then?
Because I can tell you, the doctors, nurses, EMT won't have a thing to do with you unless its life threatening.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I am FAR below guidelines for poverty, I just prioritize and do the best I can but the welfare of my family comes absolutely first. It so really hard times for me, that is certain.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

1. The MRE are really good now and people are happy with them.The self heating mechanism is pretty cool. 2. How many houses has the federal government built and for whome? 3. The states get a lot of funding, which gets funneled down to the lowest levels of government. 4. The postal service is a huge success, that beats anything a company can provide. They deliver to 350 million americans and to others around the world in a matter of 2 days. I used to do 500k in shipping a year, I would go USPS before Fedex and I wouldn't trust UPS with a cinder block. 5. The states and locals maintain a lot of the roads. If you don't know how your taxes work, you shouldn't even be commenting

1. I was there, i am active duty, I know how the people reacted when WE gave them OUR food. They spit it out in disgust.

2.fedral funds for housing

3. With money they took from the states, through high taxes, then somehow multiply the money, and use for their own programs, and give lesser amounts back to the states.

4. I have had more stuff lost by the USPS, than anyone else. And I know I am not alone in this. Plus ANYTIME the federal government takes control of something, it falls apart. Look at our education system.

5. The states maintain their roads with federal money, instead of their own, because well, yeah the federal government taxed them, and gave them back a smaller amount. Look at Louisiana, Worst roads in the country until recently. Why? because their drinking age was 18, instead of 21, therefore, they were denied road maintenance funds from the federal government.

I do know how my taxes work. I know that the money they use for this is money that the STATES could have gained and set aside for THEIR OWN emergency funding. but nope, the federal government has to take the money to give back to them, so they can sit there and say "Look, we are helping" It's just like social security. If i were to invest the money they took from me how i wanted to, i could easily make more money. But the fed wants to set up a nice "retirement fund" for me while they shuffle my money around in bad investments, and in the end, the little bit money i get back won't be worth anything since the dollar is RAPIDLY declining.

Let the states gain their OWN revenue, stop taking tons of money from the states and shuffling it around, and pocket half of the money to pay for federal crap. All this does is hurt our country and our economy. The government is NOT a charity. And when it tries to be one, It does a BAD job at it, and it hurts more than it helps.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

This is a difficult one for me to get my head round. I live in the UK and home insurance is pretty cheap but that's probably because natural disasters here are very rare. I don't know how much difference there is in the cost of home insurance in the States, specifically 'tornado ally' but I should imagine it costs more due to the risk of your home being torn to shreads on a yearly basis.

It's concerning to me because I know there are people who probably can't afford home insurance so Paul's words do seem a bit like: If you can't afford insurance then tough sh*t.

On the other hand, I can see that this statement is a stab at the federal government and the way they are robbing American people on a daily basis. If his intentions are truely to take down the fed then this is part of that gameplan.

I can't be sure of his true intentions and sentiments but one thing I am 100% sure about is, the media circus will jump all over this and twist it to be the final nail in Ron Paul's coffin.

I admire his integrity on his policies but I think this is one thing that should have just been left unsaid... especially as this disaster has only just happened. :shakes head: emoticon

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Lol you think I am against RP? Lol, really, I have been an activist for him since last time and probably a Rep in this one.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Can You not read - RP states that it isour money and states money NOT FED money that they "Stole" from us - In Other words - He is saying it's our own money were recieving back... And he is correct....

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, stood by his libertarian beliefs on Sunday, saying that victims of the violent storms and tornadoes that have battered a band of states in the South and Midwest in recent days should not be given emergency financial aid from the federal government.

"There is no such thing as federal money," Paul said, on CNN’s State of the Union. "Federal money is just what they steal from the states and steal from you and me."

"The people who live in tornado alley, just as I live in hurricane alley, they should have insurance," Paul said.

Paul said there was a role for the National Guard to restore order and provide care and shelter in major emergencies, but that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) led to nothing but "frustration and anger.".

news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-no-federal-financial-aid-tornado-victims- 102533838.html

I would rather my tax money be handed out to my fellow americans, then to be thrown overseas..... lets help out the friggin world but not our own country.....

I thought that Ron Paul was for the people?

Oh, I get it,,,,,,,,,he is, only if you have insurance.......

You people are duped..........Paul is a crony just like the rest of the rich............

My mother went through the FEMA thing,,,,,they helped her out after a tornado tore her mobile home apart with my sister in it..................

I have no complaints with FEMA.............only rich jerks that want to rule everything......

For the people

Politicians of every make and model suck

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

They learn to be more independent from the **Government** and not cry out wishing that they lived in a Nanny State. Come on people, it is your OWN responsibility to take care of yourselves.

This guy said it best:

Originally posted by Bugman82
So much idiocy with the context of this thread..........can no one see the dependency that people now have upon the government? Look at how the sheep run to defend the government's support and the government's provisions for health care, contraception, natural disasters, and so many other issues. Do people not realize that this dependency is exactly what the founding fathers wanted to prevent?

The teat of the government is a powerful tool that is used to rally support behind it and everything it stands for (which, ironically are big corporations, banks, and unions primarily). Now that they have you sucking off that teat the idea that one can support oneself becomes a foreign idea. The idea that one would have enough prosperity and wealth that they could supply their own insurance that would cover the costs of natural disasters.or that if something crazy did happen someone would have enough prosperity or their community would have enough prosperity or the large charitable non-profit organizations would have enough prosperity to care for oneself and one another.

Realize your dependence. See how you are controlled. Recognize your enslavement. Perceive your reactions if your government drug or fix would suddenly be removed. Realize the power that gives the government over you and your mind and your ideology. The government is in the business of forming you into who they want you to be, because the idea of one who is free from their rule and their power is scary to them.

I'm sorrowed to see so many already enslaved by the ideology the government has thrust towards them and captured by the addictive milk that flows from its teat.

Ron Paul recognizes the plight of the enslaved human being. He wishes only to see that dependency demolished and free people rising to care for one another.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So if there is a disaster, and hospitals are overwhelmed, filled with your community that has been hurt, what do you do then?
Because I can tell you, the doctors, nurses, EMT won't have a thing to do with you unless its life threatening.

Then the national guard has the ability and capacity to move in and offer relief. Also, under Ron Paul's plan the states would have their money and not the government, so they would have their own organizations for relief.

The Red Cross mobilized and was responsible for much of the aid that went to Indonesia during the tsunamis that killed hundreds of thousands of people. Why not allow non-profit organizations like them to be responsible for national relief? I just wonder, what could people do if they were given the opportunities to care for one another? However, government has changed the mindset of humanity through its strong-arm of dependency that I highly doubt we will ever truly be strong communities ever again. Communities used to work together, know one another, support one another, and be there for each other in the face of struggle. Now, the government takes care of it all so we can just sit back and wait and lose our sense of care and empathy.

We are enslaved by our government and its teat continues to flow with rich and addictive milk that one can hardly resist. God save us.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25

They learn to be more independent from the **Government** and not cry out wishing that they lived in a Nanny State. Come on people, it is your OWN responsibility to take care of yourselves.

This guy said it best:

Originally posted by Bugman82

So my diabetic grandmother is supposed to sit on a pile of rubble, waiting for for an insurance check to come in so she can get her insulin?
I suppose she can get a cab to the hospital with all the money she has on her.

So by your own admission:

you will never call a police officer
you will never use fire fighters or ambulance services
and you won't drive on state roads.
You will never receive mail.
You local restaurants will never be inspected, leaving owners to do as they please.

Can I get it in writing that you will NEVER use any of these government funded services?

Funny how people pick and choose what services they like.

And as for a response to both of you, more then half the people on this thread have proven they don't even have the first clue on how the government works, much less make a decision on whether they need it or not.

And you still need to answer my question.

When people are staring at the rubble of their houses, wondering what to do and where to go next, what do you think should happen?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I guess your solution is to have FEMA come and take my weapons and throw us all in a disease stricken stadium for a billion dollar pricetag?

No thanks.

Yes...because that is exactly what I said

And it's funny...who do you think was responsible for the whole Superdome mess? FEMA...or the State of Louisiana???

I'm interested to hear how you think that whole thing played out.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yep---

All fronts are owned.

That includes 90% of your conspiracy theories. They are master infil-traitors.

Not to say conspiracies arent real they are just edited just enough to skew the whole picture and keep things in order with chaos.

The more these rulers and their servants dig in to retain what they think belongs to them the more they will expose themselves. They arent as illuminated and enlightened as they would have you believe.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join