It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Agrees With The Georgia Guide Stones?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely -- improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth -- beauty -- love -- seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth -- Leave room for nature -- Leave room for nature.

Okay, number 1 seems reasonable until you realise that the world can and has always supported a much bigger population. The ONLY people a smaller population benefit are the rulers or leaders because it makes the mass somewhat more manageable.

2. So there may exist in someone's line a genetic anomaly that may only affect 1 in every so many generations. Bring into effect law number 2 and the "guiders of reproduction" may choose to eliminate this whole line because of a possibility.

3. Whilst the idea of a global language in theory sounds unifying, in effect would be nothing of the sort. It would not celebrate our diversity, our cultural and national differences and would effectively eradicate both. I guess without national or cultural pride, people become reliant on any figurehead that presents itself as appearing to be in their best interests.

4. Passion, Faith and Tradition are by their nature emotion based. To view them with tempered reason sounds almost logical, as if the author is suggesting one should not fall into the trap of blindly following either but reality suggests that reason might stifle all three. Of course esteemed leaders would prefer a less passionate, faith and tradition based slave populace.

5. How would these laws protect people and nations when the stones themselves plan is to eradicate nations and people? Curious indeed!

6. As with 5 what would a one world, one language speaking populace need with nations anyway...right?

7. If we avoid petty laws and useless officials, is total lawlessness the real goal? I meant let's face it..."Do what thy will shall be the whole of the law", is still the preferred party line of the elitists after all. There are no clauses with that philosophy either. It does not read, "Do what thy will unless it harms no other."

8. How does one balance their personal rights with social duties when people following rule number 7 cannot even obey a rule or official? So everyone can walk around doing whatever they want so long as they balance rights with duty. Got it!! Confused yet?

9. Prize truth -- beauty -- love -- seeking harmony with the infinite. Uh huh. I guess that's okay until you figure out who is defining what is considered beautiful and what happens when one does not fit that ideal. I guess the truth thing must come as a terrible pain in the backside for the elites. It certainly never gets in the way of a good story. Personally I would rather seek harmony with my brother, sister, fellow man, Jesus and God than some intangible obscurity. Whatever floats your boat.

10. I'm guessing Global Conglomerates are feeling pretty guilty about not leaving room for nature while they squander resources and top level CEO's roll around in piles of money, investing in commissioned works on big stones making up future rules for silly slaves to be impressed by.

Pfft. I hope you are the only one who agrees with the Georgia Guide stones...and I haven't even read any of the replies yet but I gather this is sadly not the case. I can only imagine that the tempered reason so glibly used above is not being employed when viewing these suggested guidelines, otherwise we might be looking at a vastly different flip of the coin.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jeepers1958

"I firmly agree with Liquidsmoke206, that all of our world problems could be fixed or greatly helped by reducing the population."

Our problems(that which is holding us back from equality, peace, harmony with all around us) will not be greatly reduced by depopulation. It may be greatly reduced if we eradicate greed and profit from the essentials of life, and rid this planet of our greatest threat, corruption through power.

Whether there are 500 billion or 500 million, our path in creation as individuals and as a race depends on our capacity to embrace truth and equality.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Personally, I have no problem with what the Guide Stones have to say on matters. It sounds like an outstanding way to live and keep everything in balance with nature around us.

The problem is..we're so unthinkable far beyond anything they're suggesting there in population at least, the steps it would take to return to those logical guidelines would be draconian...if not outright evil. Or...We can spend many generations with responsible and intelligent effort together. Yeah..that last part isn't likely, huh? So...I think that is where people read that an just kinda go Tilt. 500 million sounds good...but from almost 7 billion, how does one get there without Murder and Wholesale slaughter on a level that would have Mao and Stalin screaming for mercy?

There are some NON-DRACONIAN ways to reduce population gradually WHILE distributing food/quality of life more evenly so that everyone has a fair share (no starvation).

One of the most sensible and historically aware manners to reduce populations is to REDUCE OVERALL FOOD SUPPLY (but distribute that supply more evenly). The thing that got us INTO this mess was the agricultural revolution 10,000 years ago. Before that, humans were the same species as we are now, but we lived in a relatively great balance with the planet and with extremely gradual population increase. During the Agricultural Revolution in the Fertile Crescent, people began to practice totalitarian agriculture, which produces mass surpluses, which produces sharp population increase, which necessitates further agriculture/surplus, and thus a vicious cycle is born. The rise of MORE people requires a rise in draconian control in the form of monetary systems/money, centralized governments, large-scale wars, ownership/property, mass-markets, mass-consumption, extreme specialization, codified law, class stratification, power stratification, resource wars, destruction of ecosystems/species, exploitation on mass scales, hierarchy, mass policing, conquest/genocide/destruction of other cultures (namely tribal/band cultures), etc.

Link/slide-show of how reductions in overall food supply can reduce populations without draconian/tyrannical measures:

World Food & Human Population Growth

Article by Jared Diamond on the agricultural revolution and how it's arguably the biggest mistake humanity ever made:

The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepers1958
reply to post by artistpoet

What I'm trying to say is that you are responsible for you and everything you do, and that goes for all of us. In which case if we all look at the suggestions on the stones as individuals then the wording would not be so forceful.
#4 Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason. This one for instance, is a command we all should adhere to.
I firmly agree with Liquidsmoke206, that all of our world problems could be fixed or greatly helped by reducing the population. To do that everyone would have to do their part as individuals. Fewer births per family, education for those who do not know about birth control, or don't have access to it, or are not allowed access to it [ soon to be all of us if the religious right have their way].

The wording says maintain so already envisions the world population at 500,000,000
I assume that means either after some possible natural cataclysm
Or the NWO Eugenics programme is realised
If you read the stones they are not aimed at individuals but at world governors

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

you just don't get it....the stones are GUIDE LINES for a, hate to use the term, but a utopian society that lives within entirely new cultural norms. Under these circumstances depopulation would be voluntary, as painless as possible, and it would simply be understood that it serves the greater good. If it was aimed at only at world governors why would they build it in the middle of a field?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

I personally believe in liberty. non encraochment and respect for my fellow beings and the Earth

SOOOOOOO?? UM? What about the guide stones don't you agree with? Or is this what you THINK you believe?

How old are you - have you seen how the world has changed over the past 60 years
Nanny states more draconian laws based on fear of some boogie man
The centralisation of power - demonising of free thinking that disagrees with government
The deliberate dumbing down - Poisens in the food and water - Endless war in the name of peace
to name but a few things - Yes all is going to plan for the NWO

how does any of this go in line with anything written on the stones? and what does my age have to do with anything? and I don't care what Ron Paul thinks of the stones. I'm a supporter of his, not some cult looney that shares 100% of all his beliefs.

Ok you support Ron Paul - I never said you were a cult looney of his
But I was betting you would be interested in what he said more than I
The reference to your age was not anything with ill intent - Age does not matter yet history is important if we are to learn from the past.
I do not need guide stones or any other to know how to live my life in a good way or how to treat the Earth or my fellow beings.
What I spoke of was the way the NWO is playing out their plan but if you have not studied their agenda how would you know that or see the stones connection
But no matter I am not here to fight over mere opinions - Like I said your choice is your own and I respect that - I am sure you are a good guy.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If they were put there for future generation, I mean I've heard of pre -planning, but nothings happened yet. And the stones will be there after.......I think I know exactly where I need to purchase some property....

Lets be real. If you or I had the money. We could have us a big ole stone thingy built and write all the crazy shat we want on it....In every language we can. Put it out in your yard or field or pasture... and sit back and watch the myth grow...You would'nt even need to water it.

But silently own all the business in and around the area of said stone thingy. Build it & they will come. Cha Ching.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

you just don't get it....the stones are GUIDE LINES for a, hate to use the term, but a utopian society that lives within entirely new cultural norms. Under these circumstances depopulation would be voluntary, as painless as possible, and it would simply be understood that it serves the greater good. If it was aimed at only at world governors why would they build it in the middle of a field?

This is as frustrating for you as it is for me - I could say you just dont get it - but do not wish to offend you.
Perhaps we just do not understand each other but I do agree with a new way but do not believe in central government - I said the guide stones are for the NWO - I should have said they are a statement of theirs.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I do not need guide stones or any other to know how to live my life in a good way or how to treat the Earth or my fellow beings.

I'll take your word for it. I don't need church and religion to teach me how to be moral. But then, the stones aren't trying to teach an individual morality, it's almost more of a set of cultural commandments.

What I spoke of was the way the NWO is playing out their plan but if you have not studied their agenda how would you know that or see the stones connection

Like I said, I've been on this site for YEARS, I've read tons about this so called NWO, but it's never cohesive. If they have an agenda then please by all means, enlighten me to what it is...is it to kill us us all off except for a few left over slaves because so far they're doing a terrible job of that. And what is the motive? Thats the problem with the whole NWO conspiracy, it's not so crazy to think that powerful people would conspire, but where's the agenda as a whole?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The biggest thing I'm seeing so far with this thread are peoples' objections to the 500 million mark.

Are people afraid of being alone perhaps? Personally, I'd rather be alone than surrounded by half the nitwits I've run across during my life. I don't hate most people, I just don't understand them.

I still stand by my belief that the majority of the population on earth cannot sustain themselves because they cannot govern themselves. Look around you. All the proof you need is right outside your window.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

NO I get you, your position is VERY simple. It goes like this: The guide stones are part of an NWO agenda. Unfortunately so far you haven't been able to back that up with even a shred of evidence, logic, philosophy, reason, or ANYTHING!! What in these guide stones is so bad, and why? That's all...why can't you answer that? And if you can't answer that why can't you admit that you're wrong?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Yep,
I think people are caught up on the 500 million part because it's the only part of the guide stones that could possibly be construed as an "NWO agenda." Way to be objective and use a little critical thinking people. Face it the guide stones are pretty sound.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

You obviously see things differently to I
So you do not believe there is global conspiricy orhestrated by a global elite for world government
Again your choice - which is fine by me.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

there may be, but again...YOU CANT BACK THAT UP AT ALL....or show any significant connection to the stones. I'm just beating a dead horse over here.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
The biggest thing I'm seeing so far with this thread are peoples' objections to the 500 million mark.

Are people afraid of being alone perhaps? Personally, I'd rather be alone than surrounded by half the nitwits I've run across during my life. I don't hate most people, I just don't understand them.

I still stand by my belief that the majority of the population on earth cannot sustain themselves because they cannot govern themselves. Look around you. All the proof you need is right outside your window.

I am not afraid to be alone - I relish it. But this has nothing to do with population reduction.
I have lived a total self sufficient lifestyle with friends - done it got the T shirt
Yet what you say is correct that most would be at a loss to feed themselves because they have bought in to the idea they need governments to and big corporations to substain them
I find that really sad - Perhaps if governments fostered more schemes for self reliance it would help but I can not see that happening.
I actually like people and see many as victims.
I respect your views but no expect you to agree with anything I say but I do expect you to respect my view also
edit on 5-3-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

there may be, but again...YOU CANT BACK THAT UP AT ALL....or show any significant connection to the stones. I'm just beating a dead horse over here.

Look pal if I wrote a hundred books on the subject you would say the same
Back off - I respect your have your your view please show me the same

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

NO I get you, your position is VERY simple. It goes like this: The guide stones are part of an NWO agenda. Unfortunately so far you haven't been able to back that up with even a shred of evidence, logic, philosophy, reason, or ANYTHING!! What in these guide stones is so bad, and why? That's all...why can't you answer that? And if you can't answer that why can't you admit that you're wrong?

I always admit If I am wrong - but in this case I have yet to be convinced other wise
Should I just believe your opinions because you think I should
If you say you have read loads on the NWO but are unconvinced I am certainly not trying to convince you or put you down by saying such things as you are a nitwit as you did or unable to admit when I am wrong.
So what is your problem - should I agree with you because you think you are right and I wrong
I am not playing games I am sincere so back off pal
edit on 5-3-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimultaneousFinal
reply to post by zatara

The stones do NOT mention anything about "sacrifices". They are a message to SURVIVORS OF A CATASTROPHE THAT WIPES OUT MOST OF HUMANITY. Are you dense? Do you just want something--ANYTHING--to gripe about? TELL ME ONE POINT on the Guidestones that you disagree with.

Talking about dense...after your catastrophe the day will come that the number of survivors will be 500.000.001. What will happen then...?
Maybe someone of the survivors will consider it a sacrifice to chose the elderly to make the number even again....or maybe just a statistic, whatever you want.

Sooner or later there will be trouble in "paradise".

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

we both know you don't have enough relevant info on an NWO to write even ONE post on ATS let a lone a book, but I would read both if you ever get around to it, you won't.

my opinions aren't mine....my opinions are liquid, I don't own them or attach myself to them. I'm waiting to sign up to the nwo wrote the guide stones camp, but you can't answer one single question or respond with anything even remotely logical. People like you are the worst, you know you're wrong, you can't back anything you say up, and you don't even have the integrity to admit it.

sad.

you should agree with me because I'm OBVIOUSLY right, and you are CLEARLY wrong. This is a no brainer.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

we both know you don't have enough relevant info on an NWO to write even ONE post on ATS let a lone a book, but I would read both if you ever get around to it, you won't.

my opinions aren't mine....my opinions are liquid, I don't own them or attach myself to them. I'm waiting to sign up to the nwo wrote the guide stones camp, but you can't answer one single question or respond with anything even remotely logical. People like you are the worst, you know you're wrong, you can't back anything you say up, and you don't even have the integrity to admit it.

sad.

you should agree with me because I'm OBVIOUSLY right, and you are CLEARLY wrong. This is a no brainer.

People like me are the worst you say etc your continual insults are water off a ducks back
Ok whatever

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join