It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai Wants Americans Tried for Quran Incident; Will Obama Defend Troops?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Karzai Wants Americans Tried for Quran Incident; Will Obama Defend Troops?

bigpeace.com

Thanks to Barack Obama’s failure to lead, events surrounding the burning of religious materials at Bargam Airfield–materials that included Qurans in which detainees were writing “extremist messages or inscriptions”–are perilously spiraling out of control. And now, Afghanistan President Karzai is calling for the American troops who took part in the burning to stand trial.

Karzai’s doing this because he can. And the reason he can is because all Obama has displayed up to this point is weakness...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
No way this was an "accident" IMO.

No way those books were simply "thrown out" in the trash IMO

It's too simple. It's too easy.

Too much of a "coincidence" that they were found that easy.

How much garbage was in that pile anyway ?

Too "convenient" that so many "witnesses" were around IMO

Too suspicious that the whole mob got out of hand so quickly IMO

And just WHO is fueling the rioting anyway ?

NOW, all of a sudden after explanations and apologies, we see the Afghan Leadership demanding a "trial" of all things.

The servicemen involved had nothing to do with the "incident" did they.

Now they stand ready to become scapegoats.

bigpeace.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think that it's a HUGE stretch to blame this on Obama.

I'm thinking the blame belongs more with the superiors of those who stand accused.

The whole incident sounds like another attempt to rile up the same people that the MSM has deemed our enemies (more likely Al CIAda).
edit on 24-2-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I felt this was related with the topic"

Peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I think that it's a HUGE stretch to blame this on Obama.

I'm thinking the blame belongs more with the superiors of those who stand accused.

The whole incident sounds like another attempt to rile up the same people that the MSM has deemed our enemies (more likely Al CIAda).
edit on 24-2-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

I agree, but many will point the finger.

The whole thing is a set up.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I felt this was related with the topic"

Peace.

Good One !

And we can also see that Karzai doesn't quite know which finger to use !!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
US apologizes for Quran burnings in Afghanistan

A Western military official with knowledge of the incident said it appeared that the Qurans and other Islamic readings in the library were being used to fuel extremism, and that detainees at Parwan Detention Facility, which adjoins Bagram, were writing on the documents to exchange extremist messages. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the information.

The military official said that several hundred Islamic publications, including Qurans, were removed from the library. Some of the publications had extremist content; others had extremist messages written on their pages by detainees, the official said. The official said the documents were charred and burnt, but none of them were destroyed.

Right.. In the meantime I don't see Karzai going after the cowards who shot the 2 US / NATO soldiers, who had nothing to do with the Quran incident,

How about they drum up a Sharia court at Gitmo since the Muslims there decided to write in the Quran to pass messages back and forth, which is defiling a Holy Book.

Im getting tired of the forced PC when it comes to Extremist Islam and the radical savages who defile their own religion.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
We also need to consider some other possibilities here.

Assuming no American or Muslim parties took part in a set up,

What other 3rd party non-Muslim or non-American interests would benefit ?

Think who else may have an interest in a smear effort that would kill two birds with one stone.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

While I agree neither side has the moral high ground, it's not like the two NATO soldiers were in Afghanistan for a picnic.

They are in a conflict situation and this tactic has been used before. Burning or disposing of these books has only exacerbated the situation, which may have been the plan all along.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Israel?

It may be a stretch though?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

The 2 soldiers killed were shot by an Afghan military member who worked with the Americans.

Two U.S. troops are shot dead by Afghan 'ally' as Obama expresses his 'deep regret' to Afghan President for Koran burning by American soldiers.

The gunmen opened fire after calls from Taliban insurgents to attack U.S. military bases in revenge attacks for U.S. troops setting fire to the Muslim holy books.

The books anent suppose to be written in yet the insurgents were doing just that, Defiling the Quran in that manner can get you killed, but apparently only if you are an American.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Obama will bow down to his knees and kiss theier arses.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The article points to the Taliban which to me points the finger towards Pakistan (ISI) or Iran. Pakistan because they are still pissed over the drone flights and Iran because of their nuclear program. Stir up the religious zealots and hope for the best in their eyes.

I could also see Syria / Hezbullah as an option as well.

Israel is a possibility...

edit on 24-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's a book ffs, it can be re-printed. It's not like it is an irreplacable piece of history, unlike the massive Buddha statues that the taliban destroyed, because it wasnt allah. F*&^%$g religitards make me sick. Tha same as flags that are burnt can be replaced, people need to get some perspective to life. Funde-MENTAL-ists of every religion need to take their head out of their backsides and realise we are no longer living 1400 - 2000 years ago. The clue is in the caps.

I'm sorry but anyone that thinks these are the literal words of anyone are deluded and if it was not religion they would have been locked away as a danger to society years ago. In fact what am I saying i'm not sorry in the slightest. My mother in law (rest her ....) married a muslim and converted, me and him and many conversations and he could never understand why I had no fear of god. How do you explain to someone who's been brainwashed from birth, that, as a sentient being with the capacity for thought, that i had come to the conclusion that it doesnt exist, needles to say we never got on. He has a disabled sister and I asked him to explain how, if he and his family were such good muslims, why did allah allow for that to happen, surprise he couldnt answer that question except to say they had to try harder, lmfao.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Israel?

It may be a stretch though?

Well Yeah, definitely a possibility.

Maybe China or Russia ?

Or anybody with business interests.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
........Or...........We could just take it at face value. They were cleaning up, found some extremist material that had been eased in with some Qurans, they threw it out and burned it because it was advocating death to the so-called "infidels".

The President knew they would blow a fuse if they found out, so he apologized, trying to demonstrate some semblance of a civilized human being.

Of course it is not enough for them, nothing short of bloodshed is enough for them. So here we go.
If they are not already, they should get those soldiers involved out of that country pronto.

How about that?

edit on 2/24/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Two US soldiers killed in retaliation for this and Obama can only think to apologize to the Host nation that killed them. Hmmm.

Any apologies for bible burning and flag burning by Muslims? Any apologies from Muslims for persecuting Christians? NO and NO. Our mea culpa president has no clue.

Karzai can sit on it. Time to bump up Obama's timeline for a full troop pullout in Afghanistan. I know it will disrupt his other plans but this is ridiculous. !@#$ em'

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

To be honest I cant really see it being a western nation. If we assumed it is then we must also assume that the western country behind it would send their people in as we pull ours out. No matter how close of ties Russia / China / US etc has to Afghanistan, in the end the Afghan people want the foreigners out.

I think they would be ok with Arab countries taking the place of the west until they can really get the country going.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Right.. In the meantime I don't see Karzai going after the cowards who shot the 2 US / NATO soldiers, who had nothing to do with the Quran incident,

Yep, that puts it to about 112 Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Marines that have been killed by our "allies".

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
........Or...........We could just take it at face value. They were cleaning up, found some extremist material that had been eased in with some Qurans, they threw it out and burned it because it was advocating death to the so-called "infidels".

The President knew they would blow a fuse if they found out, so he apologized, trying to demonstrate some semblance of a civilized human being.

Of course it is not enough for them, nothing short of bloodshed is enough for them. So here we go.
If they are not already, they should get those soldiers involved out of that country pronto.

How about that?

edit on 2/24/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

""........Or...........We could just take it at face value. They were cleaning up, found some extremist material that had been eased in with some Qurans, they threw it out and burned it because it was advocating death to the so-called "infidels". ""

How would American personnel emptying garbage know what Arabic would say

And how would anyone know to look inside the books - all hundreds of them

It's a classic set up in the Nth degree !!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join