It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai Wants Americans Tried for Quran Incident; Will Obama Defend Troops?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Muslims are typically just fine.

It's the Muslim FUNDAMENTALISTS that need to be stopped.
They're the ones who believe that if you're not a muslim, you need to die because you're an infidel. They're more than likely the ones who were the cause of the deaths over the burnings.

I'm pretty understanding and accepting of most people and religions, even though I choose not to believe in any religion myself.

..But, as an unbiased observer to the different religions, the Qu'ran is filled with pretty violent stuff.
If someone like a muslim fundamentalist wants to follow it to the letter, they're essentially a threat to me, and anyone else who is not a muslim, and in my very humble opinion, shouldn't be allowed to exist with the peaceful folks. The same goes for ANY religious fanatics. If they believe in a religion that essentially says that I am someone who needs to die because I don't believe in their religion, then that fanatic doesn't deserve to exist with the rest of us who can get along without believing such heinous crap.

Now, granted, the soldiers shouldn't have burned the books. If they knew they were in there, then yeah, Muslims have the right to be insulted. If the soldiers didn't know they were there, the Muslims still have the right to be insulted, but it was an accident in that case. I don't think anyone should have to die over a book being burned though, and feel that those responsible for the killings should be brought to justice immediately.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Obama is so weak it isn't even funny. I am ashamed to call him Commander and Chief. I can't wait for this idiot to get out of office.

I wouldn't apologize for burning anything.

You burn a Bible? Cool... we have more - would you like another? 50 dollars please. There are millions upon millions of Bibles. You arent hurting anything but yourself (eventually).

If Obama hands over the soldiers "which he wont" he would be betraying the United States of America.

I understand we can't go pissing off the entire Muslim world but as president ... i would say very little regarding the issue because it's a book - but hell , i am talking about a man who celebrated Ramadan.

And has a Middle Eastern Name "Barack Hussein Obama" ... i mean what the hell - i wasnt going to vote for him regardless because of that name. Sounded similar to Osama and Saddam Hussein.
edit on 24-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Karzai needs to remember who put him where he is. Puppets who rebel, get their strings cut.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It was the act of insensitive fools but hardly deliberate.

Hotheads want to make a bigger issue from it for their own agenda.

Nobody denies this was a stupid act.

Even more stupid are those who refuse to understand it was an error and not deliberate

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If any UK soldiers get hurt in this idiotic incident. We should turn round and leave the Afghans and Americans to deal with it.

Why should our troops endanger their lives because some knuckle-head in the American army has gone and caused all this crap?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Those guilty should be punished, if it was a crime against America then America would demand a trial. Just like America has extradited a British citizen just recently to stand trial for a crime not even committed on American soil, in fact it is questionable if there was even a crime in that case.

America doesn't make the rules, if the crime was committed on foreign soil, according to that countries law, then America would be hypocrites to stop it. You can't expect someone to follow your rules and you not follow theirs.
edit on 25/2/12 by woogleuk because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
For justice to be served, the superior officer, who gave the order to clear those religious books which had been already desecrated and stained by the beast Jihadists, be allowed to stand trial if the religious faithfuls allows such desecrations, have his case heard, and be judged.

But none less than the President of the USA had already unreservedly admitted for the burning act and apologised, regardless if the religious faithful are miffed or not, so what else does muslims want?

It would be better for the muslims - WORLDWIDE, if they are truly faithful to Islam, to demand the rulers of Afghanistan to serve justice upon the indiscriminate MURDERERS of both muslims and non-muslims innocent CIVILIANS whom had died from terrorism bombings and brutal slayings, rather than the crocodile tears for the destruction of man-made products such as books.

Humans are more precious than books. Allah lives within one's heart, and not in mass production book copies. Those books can be respected, but they are only books. Far more precious are human lives, and they are continually destroyed even today by terrorism.

The 'supposed' relgious faithful held and holds protests and condemnation of USA for the destruction of material worth, but WHO, had and will speak for the destruction by terrorists of humanity and console their loved ones in Afghanistan ?
edit on 25-2-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

In Afganistan you should abide by their laws and culture.. How is that difficult to understand.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So what about the innocent civilians murdered by terrorists in Afghanistan? Are humans lesser than mass produced books? Where are the demostrations and protests worldwide against terrorism and their supporters for these fellow humans whom had been brutally slayed by terrorists, with such criminals' arrest let alone investigations?

Is Afghanistan or muslim culture to treat mass production books more important than human lives that are created by Allah?
edit on 25-2-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What a joke. If they are tried and found guilty will they be locked up in the detention center we are funding to expand? Why the hell are we still there? I see effots to keep us there as treason at this point. It is fundamentally a threat to our country because it sinking us further and further into debt and morass.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Are humans lesser than mass produced books?

They are in most Islamic states when the book in question is the Koran. It doesn't matter what westerners think, that's the way it is.

We've known how the Islamists react/overreact to what they consider blasphemy since Salman Rushdie wrote The Satanic Verses. Everyone was reminded again with the Danish Muhammad cartoons. Despite this American troops go ahead and build a Koran bonfire in the middle of Afghanistan. Great way of winning hearts and minds of the people!

29 dead and counting!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The books had extremist writings in them. They were being used to pass extremist messages back and forth. The muslims who marked up the books and put the militant notes in them caused the books to become fodder for the war. The USA had to destroy them. They were destroyed in the proper Islamic way ... burning them. A 'garbage pit' isn't the proper way ... but the burning is.

Will Obama Defend Troops?,

NO. He has already thrown them under the bus with his grandma and his mentor Rev. Wright.

TV news is reporting that Obama wrote a secret 'I'm sorry' letter to Afghanistan. Karzi released the letter to his people. The White House wasn't happy that the text got out. I"m not surprised that they aren't happy about it ... considering what he said in it ...
Obama's Secret Letter to Afghanistan

Obama’s letter on Thursday reportedly apologized for the “error” and assured Karzai that the U.S. government would take “appropriate steps” to make sure such an incident doesn’t happen again, “to include holding accountable those responsible.

'Hold accountable those responsible' .. in other words .. he's going to screw over some poor soldiers who were following orders to destroy Islamic extremist correspondence. Hey Mr. Obama .. 'those responsible' ... that would be YOU for keeping Americans there and it would be the extremists themselves for using their so-called holy books as fodder.

We shouldn't be there. It's a damn waste of money and talent. The help we have been giving (building schools, getting rid of the extremists, etc) is not appreciated. I say .. leave Afghans alone over there so they can be happy and wallow in their stupidity, and bring our troops home so they can protect CONUS .. put them on our porous borders to keep the drug gangs out of the USA.

edit on 2/25/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The thing I find the most stunning about this whole incident is the hypocrisy of many Americans when it comes to blame.

Plenty of Americans were demanding that Assange be arrested, tortured, executed - all sorts of things - for risking the lives of US military when leaking the lies and cover-ups. Yet, those who decided to burn the Quran have risked a civil war and STILL the finger of blame is pointed at Muslim people.

That poor marine is being tried for leaking out the crap that your government was trying to hide from their own citizens, and he's called a traitor for risking the lives of other soldiers. Yet the people responsible for causing this MASSIVE chaos in Afghanistan through their ignorance and complete stupidity remain unnamed.

Lets face facts here, retard military men made an insane decision (YET AGAIN!) through their complete arrogance, ignorance and disrespect for another people. And many Americans are somehow surprised that the people are finally fighting back?

It's time to secure our own borders to protect our people, not use that as an excuse to invade oil-rich countries and give them decades of arrogant occupation by a bunch of goons who can barely read let alone respect another religion or culture.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yeah because burned books justify the murder of 13 people, who by the way were not even involved in the incident.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Yeah because burned books justify the murder of 13 people, who by the way were not even involved in the incident.

But lies written on paper could kill untold millions, and your OK with that.

Revealing.

By the way the untold millions would have nothing to do with this incident either.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry but people defending the scum that kill over a book need to go back to the 1st page of this thread and read what i said, it's a book it can be re-printed. I dont give a flying f**k which book, to do what they did only reinforces in my mind that they deserve to still be living in the dark ages. The taliban destroying the giant Buddha statues is a bigger offence to the entire world than some books about a war mongering peadophile. Tha Satanic Verses captures the koran for exactly what it is. Thats why they put the fatwa out, because it told the truth

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Those guilty should be punished, if it was a crime against America then America would demand a trial. Just like America has extradited a British citizen just recently to stand trial for a crime not even committed on American soil, in fact it is questionable if there was even a crime in that case.

America doesn't make the rules, if the crime was committed on foreign soil, according to that countries law, then America would be hypocrites to stop it. You can't expect someone to follow your rules and you not follow theirs.
edit on 25/2/12 by woogleuk because: Spelling

Deny ignorance.

We didn't defile the Koran, the terrorists who wrote in it did.

According to Islam a proper way of disposing of a defiled Koran is burning it. Much like the proper way of disposing of an American flag.

Your Muslim apologist angle is sickening.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
According to Islam a proper way of disposing of a defiled Koran is burning it. Much like the proper way of disposing of an American flag.

Actually, it is only permissible to burn a Quran if you cannot dispose of it by:

1. Burying it in the ground where folks don't usually walk;

2. Attaching some rock to it and set it into a flowing river.

But I see what you're getting at.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

IMO, Obama was doing what he felt he could to stave the increased violence.

If only he felt we should leave Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Funny how a book can stir up so much crap in a culture where most can't even read.

Considering that Saudi Arabia likes to boast about being the cradle of the Muslim religion, I haven't heard a peep from anyone here. Even the most devout Saudis I know haven't commented on this whole thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join