It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Is Secretly Taking Over The GOP — And It's Driving People Insane

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I voted for Dr. Ron Paul the last election - to my republican wife's chagrin.

I'm for goddamn sure to vote for him again. I'm a physician who looks up

to him for being so crazily honest. But we all know that can lose you an election too.

Still we gotta have hope he can be president and crazily be honest in that job too.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thank goodness this thread is nonsense.

Ron Paul is the candidate of the right wing lunatic fringe.

As to the racist newsletters and other publications, and his association with racist groups, these are not nonsense, but well documented patterns of behavior over a period of many years. What I find to be nonsense are the limitless excuses made by Dr. Paul's zealous internet fanboys for his numerous shortcomings.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

Do you guys come up with this stuff yourself or do they give you a list of things to say?

There are plenty of threads right here on ATS that point out who wrote those newsletters.
edit on 16-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The non-Paul bots continue to find or manufacture shortcomings about Ron Paul but will never suggest an alternative candidate. They seem fixated on Ron Paul and just won't talk about anyone else. Are they just begging for attention?

edit on 16-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

2nd future, I truly wish that you and the other birthers would crawl back into your snail-shells and just give up. This is long long past the point of reasonable discussion. The fact that you have to resort to letters from John Jay should tell you something. You lost this argument a long time ago. You are just making our country look retarded.

Like you have a horse in this race.

Why don't you wait for this one to settle so you can get back into your Obama BS campain.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If Ron Paul does not win the primary, it will prove that voting is not up to the people at all, and that the republican party is doomed to extinction. They need reform more than anything and Ron Paul is the guy for the job. Stop clinging to your old ways and get with the times.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
“Actions speak louder than words.”

Ron Paul is changing America whether he is elected or not through his actions. A “revolution” “enlightenment” “awakening” etc has to start with someone.

He really does makes all other “candidates” look like actors.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

As to the racist newsletters and other publications, and his association with racist groups, these are not nonsense, but well documented patterns of behavior over a period of many years. What I find to be nonsense are the limitless excuses made by Dr. Paul's zealous internet fanboys for his numerous shortcomings.

Hi Sarah,
Quite frankly Iron Paul is one of the few voices sanity in almost any party I can think of. He is a maverick in his party, no doubt about that, thank God there is at least one who has values that does not have a dollar, or shekel, or pound sign in front of them. Sure the "poor suck" just because they are there, try hard and they might just go away..er nope!.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Or a sheeple.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toothache
If Ron Paul does not win the primary, it will prove that voting is not up to the people at all, and that the republican party is doomed to extinction. They need reform more than anything and Ron Paul is the guy for the job. Stop clinging to your old ways and get with the times.

No, if Ron Paul doesn't win the primary it backs up the fact that nobody outside the internet likes him.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

You really should get better informed on the US. You can't win with national support always being under 14%, which is the highest Paul has ever been. Pretending otherwise is just pretending.

It's sad that people from other countries believe propaganda and don't find out facts.

First, I'm not anti-Paul and I might yet vote for him. What I am not though is delusional. If I write in his name I'll just be one of perhaps three percent of Conservative voters doing so, but Paul is not taking over the GOP. He's not even a Republican. Libertarians are Conservative on fiscal issues so Libertarians like Paul run as Republicans. They don't go Democrat because the Democrats are for big government and more government control which no Libertarian could stomach. Progressives are control freaks and Libertarians are for more freedom and less government and they mix like oil and water. I understand that those who are Liberal are different in Canada and the word is defined a bit different?

The caucus in Maine was and is meaningless. It nets no Delegates. It's just a barometer reading. That's why there is no reason to add the handful of votes that would likely not change the percentage in a meaningful way anyway.

If your interested you should read up on how the Primary process works and how our elections work.

Real Clear Politics, who average all the Polls to get more accurate numbers has Paul at 12% among likely voters. That is huge news for Paul and a big gain for him. He has no intention of winning and he's not delusional. The more Delegates he can garner, the more influence he will have at the Convention when they decide on a platform. It's the only way a Libertarian can get their agenda out there. They only win local elections.

Also you have to keep in mind that on the Internet, a lot of those doing the most talking won't show up on election day anyway. That's why they only poll likely voters. Only voters matter.

The young people got burned last time and they won't show up this time. Their numbers are historically low in most elections. It's usually people over thirty who account for most votes. When Obama lied to them and burned them, they learned a valuable life lesson.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Is it just me or does Ron Paul look like Roy Rogers? I haven't really looked into Paul's career but I wonder if he acts like Roy Rogers to. Wish we had Roy running for president, but we might just have a similar guy; Ron Paul. We just need to see who Pat Brady and Dale Evans are now.
edit on 16-2-2012 by sladewilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

The non-Paul bots continue to find or manufacture shortcomings about Ron Paul but will never suggest an alternative candidate. They seem fixated on Ron Paul and just can't talk about anyone else. Are they just begging for attention?

edit on 16-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

"manufacture"? First, Paul's shortcomings simply stem from different ideological leanings. Just because you are for no government and small government spending does not mean that is the only correct way or that everyone thinks like that, or that you are stupid if you think otherwise.

Second, I can think of plenty of people who I would consider as alternative candidates, Denis Kucinich for one. None of those people are running, however, and there's really nothing I can do to make them run. If they were, I'd be behind them.

At this point, I think Ron Paul is an honest and probably very good guy whose ideology is so widely different than mine that I just can't stomach voting for him. I'm not a disinfo agent, nor a troll. Simply someone with a different point of view who sees the world in a different way than you do. And if you want to call me (and people who think like I do) a 'bot', well, you're really not making a good space for open dialogue, nor are you making me respect you and your points of view. You just come off as another crazy Ron Paul fanatic who won't listen to reason - not that that is what I think you are, but rather, how you are portraying yourself by refusing to listen to dissenting opinions and being certain that anyone who disagrees with you must be a "bot" who cannot think for herself.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toothache

It is not the people casting the votes who decides who wins, it's the people counting the votes. - Fidel Castro

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I was pretty much clueless as to how the primaries/caucuses worked... until I saw this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems pretty likely that Ron Paul has a shot at the nomination- or at least a chance to have a big voice at the convention.

If he doesn't win, the Republicans are going to have a hard time beating Obama, seeing as how most Ron Paul supporters won't vote for anyone but Ron Paul- and that 14% national support is still a huge chunk of voters- more than enough to sway an outcome.

Besides- wasn't there that poll around that showed Ron Paul as the Republican candidate who would be the only real threat to take down obama?

freeindependentsun.com...

US politics aren't thaaaaaat hard to understand.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Last time I checked, we live in America and as long as people are not rude, they will freely express their opinions on Ron Paul on ATS.

You always seem to extend a hand to them in every RP thread that you comment in.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree with some things you say, but not all. The difficulty is in where you say he is not a Republican, when he clearly is, as a member of that party, that is inescapable. He also has a philosophy of responsibility for all those who are the able bodied part of society, that you should contribute to the society you are part of. That is basically where RP stops. All the grandiose projects, the black projects, men on the Moon and war actually mean nothing to those who have to pay tax but have no input in the way that money is properly used.
edit on 16-2-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I posted this January 21th. But, maybe everyone didn't get the chance to see it.

**********************************************************************************************
posted on 21-1-2012 @ 11:16 PM this post Actually, by comparison, Ron Paul has a HUGE load of supporters. More so than media gives credit for. Will it absolutely destroy the well being of the media outlets to give Dr. Paul an equal amount of coverage? What are they afraid of? Are they afraid that he might lead the country back to the American way? Although CNN does give him some coverage, it is minimal at best. BUT, one thing I am certain of is that they are CHOKING on this current CNN New Poll. Found on the cnn.com website. EVERYONE should have a look.

The poll asks:

Which GOP candidate do you want to win the presidential nomination?
Listed herein are the current standings.
Paul 33% 78461
Romney 32% 74030
Gingrich 23% 53004
Santorum 13% 29517
Total votes: 235012

Something that I do find interesting is that yesterday, when I had first seen the poll, and noticed that Dr. Paul was ahead by about 2%, I did Not notice a little note just below where is says " Total Votes". Today, there is some additional wording. . .. "This is not a scientific poll"

Go figure. They are trying to do what they can to marginalize his lead.
I'll bet that did not go like they had expected.

******************************************************************************************

Now what I think is funny, is, .. ..
Many people I have talked to have mostly good things to say about Ron Paul. There are also those who believe that Ron Paul is a Racist and a Drug Dealer. The funniest thing is , .. .. .. .. Those who dislike Dr. Paul have nothing good to say about any of the other candidates.

Here is MY Prediction. . .. .. .. . ...

I believe that If Ron Paul is Not nominated, President Obama will remain in office. And my reasoning is, .. . Not everyone is happy will all of the candidates. Definitely Not everyone likes Ron Paul. But, those who don't, like the other choices less. And in most instances may consider that President Obama might not be running the country to their liking, however, he is already in office and can't do any worse than he already has.

We will have to see.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

There are plenty of threads right here on ATS that point out who wrote those newsletters.

I know very well who wrote the newsletters: longtime and ongoing associates of Ron Paul who are best described as fringe characters. The leading suspects are Lew Rockwell and Murray Rothbard. It doesn't really matter who put pen to ink. Ron Paul was the publisher and took credit for the writing himself until it became inconvenient. He's still not going to tell who wrote the newsletters and more than likely because it is a person with whom he retains close ties.

This pattern of pandering to racists is appalling and in fact it continues in his pandering to neoconfederates with his nonsense speechifying and falsification of history.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Be faster next time I won't think you are lying. So, do you know what is so racist about the newsletters? Enlighten me.

What is a "fringe character"?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join