It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a scientist say,"WTF=Where're the Flares?",do you think the Big One is coming?..Next Days.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by diamondsmith

there was NEVER "absence" of the flares.

I don't know where you got that from but there have been hundreds, if not thousands of days without flares.

In 2009 there were 260 days without sunspots...No sunspots = No flares.

You are totally wrong. We have had several in just the past week that did not come from sunspots. The last x flare was a geomagnetic lift.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Disasters have to happen for things to get fixed, like the whole economy for example, nothing about a giant solar flare is going to kill you if you don't panic but TPTB will have to release a lot of horded wealth to the populace to rebuild satellites and infra structure or they can't continue to make money of of us.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well it seems the flares have "normalised" on the printout, so nothing happened.

I still maintain it was an unusual occurence, noticed both by the "monitor" and the op, and was worth looking at and discussing.

Be aware of your environment, that's all.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

The last x flare was a geomagnetic lift.
You are right and I am asking my self if there is an increasing in the geomagnetic activity of the Sun and if Sun's magnetic poles reversal is imminent.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lordnightstalker

to rebuild satellites and infra structure or they can't continue to make money of of us.
I think the money will be of no use.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Well it seems the flares have "normalised" on the printout, so nothing happened.
As they are unpredictable I don't think we can speak about "normalization",I wish.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
WOW

It just passed my window...IT WAS HUGE...

And for your information..

MONEY, in a digital system, devostatin solarflare...

That was an easy LOLZ...

Read my "TEXT": THERE ARE NO MONEY...

"Money is only a digital illusion...."

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Read my "TEXT": THERE ARE NO MONEY... "Money is only a digital illusion...."

Money is any object or record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context.[1][2][3] The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally in the past, a standard of deferred payment.[4][5] Any kind of object or secure verifiable record that fulfills these functions can serve as money.
source(en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

eh, in a way it might not, but it was not that long ago that people had to use cash and checks, the loons will go looney sure, it could be bad, but it's kind of like Russian roulette no? sort of depends on which side of the Earth your on when it hits, luck might have it that Iran, Pakistan, Russia, China, India take the hit full on and their power grid goes bye bye and most computers fry if it's bad enough, sure we'd loose satellites but if we keep grid and computers and chips in cars we can launch plenty more

A real game changer might be coming lol

I am not at all a Nostradamus or Bible guy but stories and predictions of WW3 never (to me) seem to mention the USA involved in Armageddon people try to interpret things that way but I never really see it, maybe we luck out and we take the hit and get completely left out of the "real disaster" that would be nice

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Iran, Pakistan, Russia, China, India take the hit
We are speaking of almost half of world population and some of those counties are poor,that would be a real disaster.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

maybe we luck out and we take the hit and get completely left out of the "real disaster" that would be nice
In this way would avoid real disaster. I have often thought to this thing.The best would be no disaster.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I don't know. There is no validation on which scientist said what. Not really sure if anything of any real importance was said... No real evidence of this having killed anyone before... I think I'll jujst wait for December 21, 2012. It will be about as deadly as Y2K, I really believe.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

You do know what geo means, don't you?

Hint: earth (not sun)

Anywho the last x flare, the one you speak of was from sunspot number 1402...

Obligatory link:

spaceweather.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

Not really sure if anything of any real importance was said...
Many things of real importance have been said,as we have the ability to read between the lines.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by GrimReaper86

This is a question and does not in any way suggest that the scientist is implying a massive solar flare is going to happen
I think it's just about to happen.

You've been thinking *it's* about to happen for a long long time......

So very true and if he keeps repeating it "something" of course will happen at some time.
Self fulfilling prophecies ,hardly scientific

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Self fulfilling prophecies ,hardly scientific
Very scientific ,as the Sun know a lot of science.There are others who seems to agree with me,as I agree with them as they are scientist in their field.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

im with you... this thread is a classic example of the mess that ATS has become.

op stop miss reading info and fear mongering, some people simply cant tell between ats members who know what they are talking about and those who dont, op you are the latter.

soooo

WTF=Where're the Flares (of course) - this simply means 'WTF' means where're the flairs, not 'what the f**k' (of course)...

and as some of the members (who do know what they are talking about) have said, a lull in activity is not out of the norm and does not pre-run a huge cme that will kill us all

what a joke

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Oh Jeez another one of these. You guys have more pole reversals than a top notch stripper. Its amazing.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The big majority said the opposite,those who try to cover the truth are many,but fortunately they cannot,hmm let's watch the Sun for what's to come.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Hey D dont take it to heart.

You did your best presenting your information.

Again thank you for that. I as well as others was not aware.

We are all concerned to a certain extent.

Bt until it is on Clinton News network CNN then noone but you or i and a couple iof others are interested. they just want to poke fun.

dont let it get to you.

Lets focus on the topic. Has there been anymor updates as of today?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join