It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a scientist say,"WTF=Where're the Flares?",do you think the Big One is coming?..Next Days.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I am very worried when a scientist make such an exclamation.This is not good.

source(www.lmsal.com...

Maybe a X28 or X30 next days.

This could have devastating effect.

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

I'm sorry, maybe I'm too dumb for this, but would you care to elaborate? I didn't get it at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
is there any article or journal to go with this? what did this scientist actually say about this??

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
um, exactly where did the scientist make that statement? also not being particularly educated in this field, i really have no idea what i am looking at... data collections of recent solar flare activity is my guess, but can you please shed some info on how the data is related to your post.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulorf86

I'm sorry, maybe I'm too dumb for this, but would you care to elaborate? I didn't get it at all.
The absence of solar activity in terms of flares could lead to the idea that the sun is preparing for a pick in activity...maybe this days,as a magnetic pole reversal from the sun is coming.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
is there any article or journal to go with this? what did this scientist actually say about this??
No I didn't find any article,but there is the testimony in the chart of the IMSAL,which was posted by a scientist and I don't know his name.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

I dont know anything about this, but you need to scroll the pic to the right to see WTF comment.
2nd row top right of pic.
edit on 14-2-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

are you the 'scientist' making the statement used in your title? how can the decreased rate of solar flare activity 'lead' to assumptions of a magnetic shift?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

but can you please shed some info on how the data is related to your post.
Just read the chart I posted,I think at Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory are working real scientist.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulorf86

The absence of solar activity in terms of flares could lead to the idea that the sun is preparing for a pick in activity...maybe this days,as a magnetic pole reversal from the sun is coming.

Oh, ok, that's much easier than the graphics haha, thanks! So, it's like in Gandalf's statement: "A deep plunge before the end"?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bladdersweat
reply to post by diamondsmith

are you the 'scientist' making the statement used in your title? how can the decreased rate of solar flare activity 'lead' to assumptions of a magnetic shift?
No I am not,as about the magnetic shift...as I posted before

TextFebruary 15, 2001 -- You can't tell by looking, but scientists say the Sun has just undergone an important change. Our star's magnetic field has flipped. The Sun's magnetic north pole, which was in the northern hemisphere just a few months ago, now points south. It's a topsy-turvy situation, but not an unexpected one. "This always happens around the time of solar maximum," says David Hathaway, a solar physicist at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "The magnetic poles exchange places at the peak of the sunspot cycle. In fact, it's a good indication that Solar Max is really here." Sign up for EXPRESS SCIENCE NEWS delivery Above: Sunspot counts, plotted here against an x-ray image of the Sun, are nearing their maximum for the current solar cycle. [more information] The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.
source(science.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yeah if this does hit us properly, and not just the tail we can expect flights ot be grounded and comms/internet to go out in the worst effected areas.

At least it will breeze past us fast at its silly 400km/s speed.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

flights ot be grounded and comms/internet to go out in the worst effected areas.
And civil unrest as the communications and infrastructure will go out for a long period of time.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Great find OP!

I can't believe most posters until now in this thread had not realized how weird it really is!

Pay attention people. Go to the link that OP provided:

www.lmsal.com...

Now, read the blue chart.

In the blue chart, someone wrote "WTF? WTF = Where're the Flares? of course"

This is very weird!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this "Predictions and Prophecies" forum is the best forum for this thread.

Maybe the "Fragile Earth" forum...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Great find OP!

I can't believe most posters until now in this thread had not realized how weird it really is!

Pay attention people. Go to the link that OP provided:

www.lmsal.com...

Now, read the blue chart.

In the blue chart, someone wrote "WTF? WTF = Where're the Flares? of course"

This is very weird!

I just got through the data chart, originally I was looking for an article to go with it, but I saw the WTF comment on the upper right of the chart, and after taking a good long hard look at it, it is indeed strange. This will be something to keep an eye on....

and remember...... a microwave oven makes a great little faraday cage in a pinch.......
edit on 14/2/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

In the blue chart
Yes right there,

TextSubatomic particles that move through space close to the speed of light; their origin is one of the major unsolved mysteries of astrophysics, although researchers are moving closer to a solution. Cosmic rays consist of about 85% protons, 14% alpha particles (helium nuclei), about 1% electrons and other elementary particles, and a tiny smattering of nuclei heavier than helium. Their energies range from 10 million eV to 1 million trillion eV—equivalent, at the high end, to the punch of a major league baseball pitch. Three categories of cosmic rays are recognized: solar, galactic, and extragalactic. Solar cosmic rays, with energies of 107 to 1010 eV, are ejected by the Sun during solar flares. Galactic cosmic rays, with energies of 1010 to 1015 eV and extragalactic cosmic rays, with energies up to 1018 eV, come from all parts of the sky and, at lower energies, have their original directions partially scrambled by the galactic magnetic field. Read more: www.answers.com...
source(www.answers.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
My digital TV is messing up and some servers i use for voice comms on a game is also down - coinsidence?

EDIT: okay my digital tv box just came up with a message saying there was nothing commected and shut off... internet (obviously) still wokring for now.

edit on 14-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
My digital TV is messing up and some servers i use for voice comms on a game is also down - coinsidence?
We will see this in the days to come,IF this will come true the first effect will be- communications down.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
I'm not sure if this "Predictions and Prophecies" forum is the best forum for this thread.

Maybe the "Fragile Earth" forum...

I don't know I thought this the appropriate forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join