It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again: Waldo County mostly missing from official Maine GOP results

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
To get the REAL news we really have to go local, just like how many local news sources were calling out the Nevada GOP for their shady behavior and everything that happened across the state during the Nevada caucuses.

I guess it isn't only the Ron Paul supporters that can see the blatant fraud being committed by the GOP across the country to shut Ron Paul down. They can't afford a President Paul...too much to lose.

Even the Maine locals and local press can see it, but apparently all of the anti-Pauls CAN'T SEE IT. lol

But the funny thing is the MSM barely mentions ANY of this...
waldo.villagesoup.com...

BELFAST — The Maine Republican Party drew criticism over the weekend for declaring Mitt Romney the statewide winner without results from Washington County, where voters had planned to meet on the same day as the statewide announcement — Feb. 11 — but canceled the night before based on reports of a potential winter storm.

A press release, issued by the party on Saturday, downplayed the importance of Maine's caucuses, describing them as a "beauty contest" in which "there are no national delegates 'won' or 'bound' to any Presidential candidate."

The release described some caucuses as having "decided not to participate" in the poll, choosing instead to caucus after the statewide announcement. This was followed by the disclaimer that, "Their results WILL NOT be factored into this announcement after the fact."

In a nutshell, tough luck Washington County.

And, as it turns out, most of Waldo County, where voters from 18 towns gathered for municipal caucuses in a countywide event held a week before the announcement. In the press release from the Maine GOP, results from all but one of those communities were given as a series of zeros below the name of each candidate, as though no one had voted.

Northport was the exception. The town participated in the countywide event and results consistent with those provided by the local organizer were listed in the statewide press release.

Between Feb. 4 and Feb. 11, a number of Maine's 16 counties held countywide gatherings, where attendees collectively listened to various candidates, their representatives and other speakers but caucused as individual communities.

In some cases, results from those gatherings were included in the press release issued Saturday. Knox County, for example, held a countywide event on Feb. 4, the same day as Waldo County, and results from participating Knox County communities were included in the party's official press release.

According to Mike Quatrano, executive director of the Maine Republican Party, and the person who issued the press release, the omission of the Waldo County votes was not a typo. Quatrano did not offer to review the results, but said simply that what appeared on the press release was what was counted by the party.

The GOP leader noted the deadline for local caucus organizers to submit results and chalked up the rows of zeroes after dozens of towns around the state, including 17 of the 18 that participated in the Waldo County event on Feb. 4, to either a lack of participation or a failure by organizers to submit results.

According to Raymond St. Onge, who organized the multi-town Waldo County gathering, neither was the case.

Speaking on Feb. 13, St. Onge said he submitted the results of the Feb. 4 caucuses to the party immediately after the event, which was held a week before the deadline, and said he didn't realize that the votes were not factored in the statewide results.

"They had the numbers to count," said St. Onge, referring to state party officials. "Why they didn't include them, I don't know the answer to that."

According to figures supplied by St. Onge, Ron Paul came out the winner among the 18 towns that gathered on Feb. 4 with 43 votes, followed by Rick Santorum with 41.

Mitt Romney, who was declared the statewide winner in Maine by GOP officials, took third place with 35 votes, collectively, among the 18 towns. And Newt Gingrich, who several participants at the Feb. 4 event described as the only candidate who could stand up to Barack Obama, came in a distant fourth with 18 votes.

Five Waldo County towns, including Frankfort, Montville, Palermo, Stockton Springs and Unity held separate caucus events, the results of which were counted in the statewide results.

St. Onge noted that the tallies from the more than 100 total votes cast at the Feb. 4 countywide event wouldn't have been enough to sway the final statewide outcome.

"But they would have changed the margin of victory," he said.

edit on 13-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
LMAO.... "where's Waldo?" You've got to be kidding me. Sounds about right though.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
And press reports like that just give eye-witness accounts like THESE all the more credibility:

Threatened by a Ron Paul victory in Maine, GOP (insider spills beans) adds last minute caucuses:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A Ron Paul supporter's personal experience as Caucus Chairman

I just called the Maine GOP
Submitted by MattMcDonald on Mon, 02/13/2012 - 12:05.

I served as the Chairman of my Caucus in Belfast and I just called the State office to make sure they had the numbers from Belfast and the number they had wasn't not even close to the actual vote. They said that Romney won, when in fact Ron Paul won.

This is happening all over Maine.

www.dailypaul.com...-2...

What I did was give her the right numbers, and then called the Vice-Chairperson of my caucus to let her know what happened. The person at the Maine GOP office didn't sound really interested in what I had to say until I told her that we publicly counted the ballots in our caucus, then her ears perked up.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
And then there's this-

Party officials announced at the end of the Riverton Elementary School caucus that there had been a discrepancy in the final tally of state delegate ballots, and that they had received 19 more ballot sheets than they had the green index cards that voters turned in when they took their ballots. That meant that the results of Portland’s state delegate race – at least, for the time being – were void.

pollways.bangordailynews.com...

Of course there's more-

www.asmainegoes.com...
edit on 13-2-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Then, we have Ms Sandi Blanchette who chaired her caucus, albeit a small one with only 25 voters who had this to say-

that the GOP announced that her area favored Gingrich, which was a total lie.

and

She said regarding Charlie Webster, “At 6:30 he announced ‘some people’ “didn’t care” — didn’t want to be a part of the process. Blanchette said this is an absolute lie. She added Chris Gardener said publically that on Friday, February 10th, that Washington County was cancelled.

That cancellation of Washington County, she reiterated, was a ruse. While she didn’t rule out weather as being an issue, she did say that in Maine people like herself have in the past endured two or three feet of snow with subzero temperatures without any issue. The point is, she said, the people of Washington County were led to believe that cancellation wouldn’t matter, because they were told their “votes would still count.” So on that basis alone they agreed. So, the weather isn't the issue.

Sandi admits she's a big Santorum fan also, but thinks someone in her position should be fair, no matter who they happen to support.

www.dailypaul.com...

Multiple other sources and links at the end of the linked article.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Freedom12, both of your posts are definitely on the right track, too bad the things we see, others refuse to accept.

The GOP is corrupt to the bone marrow. It needs an extreme makeover and that is what Ron Paul supporters are doing.

BTW, congratulations to AJ spiker (a dedicated Rn Paul supporter) for his success in being the Iowa GOP chairman.

I, myself, and MANY OTHERS will be running for the central committee as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Well...these unreported caucuses wouldn't have helped Paul much.

Take the county results: waldo.villagesoup.com...

subtract out the already reported tows from the official count: www.mainegop.com...

And you get:

Gingrich - 18
Paul - 35
Romney - 29
Santorum - 39

So Paul lost to Santorum in the unreported caucuses...and had a net gain of 6 votes on Romney. Looks like you uncovered the huge conspiracy that is keeping Paul from the nomination.

And...it's the responsibility of the caucus chairs to report the numbers...if they didn't do that...then they can't be counted.
edit on 13-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
On top of these incidents mentioned above, local Maine newpapers and other news sources are reporting different amounts counted and wrote down on paper, then a different number reported to the state.

One precinct shorted Romney 4 voted and Dr Paul 23. That equals a 19 vote swing towards Paul just in one precinct.

Maine news is reporting these incidents but, MSM isn't. With such a narrow margin, it just takes a few here and a few there to make a difference.

I've actually seen one reporter/blogger, who has recalculated the reported mistakes and come up with a total.

Paul-2289
Romney-2283

That's right folks! Pauls wins, even without Washington Co votes and the and caucuses yet to cast their ballots.

If Iowa can somehow recalculate their votes, why not Maine?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well OutKast, 6 votes here, 23 votes there, 12 votes here, a couple dozen over there, and boom. We have a different outcome.

Can I ask you something? Maybe I missed it, but have you ever explained your hatred for Dr Paul?

Have you mentioned who you support?

Please don't deny you hate or highly against Dr Paul either. It's painfully obvious to even, the casual reader of any thread where the mention of Dr Paul comes up. You are always there. Attack, attack, attack!!

It's almost like you have an alert siren on your computer to let you know when a thread concerning Dr Paul pops up on ATS. Do you have one?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Oh, and for those who misseed it, here's Dr Paul on Cavuto today!

Maybe Cavuto will be the one to pick up for the good Judge, now that Faux News has decided to take their most honest man's show away from him.

For those who would wish to contact Maine's GOP to let them know how you feel about this whole mess, please feel free to U2U me if you can find out how to.

Go Ron Go!!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Normally you mask your desperation decently well but come on...you're actually trying to pull out false numbers from an already discredited caucus and GOP? Did you see this thread and all you thought about was how you could try and downplay this situation?

Waldo is one of the MANY misreported places...what about Washington County? Did you conveniently forget about that?

downplay! downplay! must downplay Ron Paul's results...or Obama is over

Even if Ron Paul wins or loses Maine when the caucus is COMPLETED, I will still call them out for what they're doing. We don't claim fraud just because we lose, we claim it, investigate it, and SPREAD it because its the right thing to do.

edit on 13-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well OutKast, 6 votes here, 23 votes there, 12 votes here, a couple dozen over there, and boom. We have a different outcome.

Yes...you have 6 votes here.

Please show me any other discrepencies...I'd like to see that blogger that you claim calculated a win for Paul.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Those aren't false numbers at all...go calculate them yourself.

+6 votes for Paul in the unreported Caucuses.

Next...go prove that those caucuse chairs actually reported their results and the Maine GOP ignored them.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ron Pauls plain guts and determination to run the high road in this campaign will pay off in votes down the line that will have to be counted....
Unless of course they get voted through electronic voting machines....
Why the whole country doesnt rise up and insist on paper ballots counted in front of reps of all parties i dont understand....
Because regardless of how you vote, the electronic machines will total out to the desired outcome of the PTB.......wake up!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Can I ask you something? Maybe I missed it, but have you ever explained your hatred for Dr Paul? Have you mentioned who you support?

Please don't deny you hate or highly against Dr Paul either. It's painfully obvious to even, the casual reader of any thread where the mention of Dr Paul comes up. You are always there. Attack, attack, attack!!

It's almost like you have an alert siren on your computer to let you know when a thread concerning Dr Paul pops up on ATS. Do you have one?

Did you miss this part of the my post OutKast? Or just choose not to answer it?

Try this article for the DP which I linked above. At the bottom of the article, are 12 more links for you to explore-
www.dailypaul.com...

This has the other link you asked for with the Paul winning total and explanation-

pollways.bangordailynews.com...

Bedtime for me OutKast , but I'm sure tomorrow will bring even more proof of errors/miscounting/wrong reports to Me GOP etc.

We 'll take the 190 vote margin down, 6 votes at a time, 23 votes or whatever amount you can find it in your heart to concede. Vote by vote, and come this weekend, maybe EVEN you, will admit Dr Paul was screwed and more importantly, the WILL of the voters of Maine.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Your claim and the bloggers claim that Paul won comes from him claiming to find an inconsistency which he provides no proof for...and taking that error rate and applying it to the entire STATE.

You Paul supporters really use some fuzzy math to get the resutls you want to see.

And no, I didn't miss it...but it's not part of this thread's topic.
edit on 13-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I am going to vote ron paul
have you figured out a way to insult me yet?
Tell me how stupid I am
or how I don't have the right to vote in America anymore?
Just turn around
I am the old man behind you in line waiting to vote.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

I am going to vote ron paul
have you figured out a way to insult me yet?
Tell me how stupid I am
or how I don't have the right to vote in America anymore?
Just turn around
I am the old man behind you in line waiting to vote.

Be my guest...vote for Ron Paul.

Just don't make false claims about his level of support or cry fraud if he loses.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The cancelled Washington caucus however could have tipped Paul into the lead, which he probably had anyway. Where there's smoke there's fire. Likely there were other types of corruption and other sources for it. If the GOP was desperate enough to pull these stunts wouldn't you, being a smart and reasonable person, think it's safe to assume the committed other acts to manipulate the outcome?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join