It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Bashing Us Military Folks.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
bashing the imperial invasion force of the united states whose main standing order is to secure oil fields is a "right" these morons die for overseas.

Thank you for proving my point from my OP again. Classifying us all together in one group is exactly what I am referencing in the OP. Way to be ignorant my friend.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

It seems to me by your thread you - yourself are in the military. I have some questions for you.

Why did you join the military?

Have you fought in any of the wars?

What is your opinion of war?

How do you feel about the people that are your rulers in the military?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I love people who bash the military. They're funny and often times highly uneducated on a subject matter they have absolutely no first hand knowledge of and get their information from horribly biased sources or what they think from perception is the truth.

I would really love anyone who is opposed to the military like CaptChaos and Ghost375 to take their best "educated" guess at these two questions.

Without knowledge of my military career, take a guess at how many people I have hurt or killed.

Now, take a guess at how many people I have helped and what I have done to help them.

I know it's hard to make a guess at something like this, but just give it a try. If you can put so much in to the hate you love to give to us military guys, you can pt some effort in to taking your best guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

And a great big Thank You to you as well for again proving my point with your narrowminded grouping of us all, and without an explanation to boot. Keep it coming people you are only strengthening my original argument.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
I love people who bash the military. They're funny and often times highly uneducated on a subject matter they have absolutely no first hand knowledge of and get their information from horribly biased sources or what they think from perception is the truth.

I would really love anyone who is opposed to the military like CaptChaos and Ghost375 to take their best "educated" guess at these two questions.

Without knowledge of my military career, take a guess at how many people I have hurt or killed.

Now, take a guess at how many people I have helped and what I have done to help them.

I know it's hard to make a guess at something like this, but just give it a try. If you can put so much in to the hate you love to give to us military guys, you can pt some effort in to taking your best guess.

The person, who drives the getaway car in a bank robbery that goes bad, where people die, still gets charged with murder.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

It seems to me by your thread you - yourself are in the military. I have some questions for you.

Why did you join the military?

Have you fought in any of the wars?

What is your opinion of war?

How do you feel about the people that are your rulers in the military?

Ok thank you for the questions. I joined the military due to the housing market slumping leaving me without work and without the means to go to college at that time. I also had wanted to be a Marine my whole life. I served in Iraq in 2004 and 2005 in the Al Anbar province and fought in Operation Phantom Fury. I spent 5 years as a Rifleman. I do not condone the wars and I did not sign up after the beginning of the wars. I am very angry at our government and the wackos who perpatrated the whole thing. I am not alone in these feelings and more and more veterans and active duty personell are waking up to the lies and deceit. I've known too many good men, and a few women who have been lost in the wars. My battalion had the first KIA in Afganistan. I was not there when it happened but I am told he was a fine Marine. It pains me everyday to hear about new casulties and such. We may come home but the war is never over for most of us. Thanks again for your questions.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

I am glad they are coming through and showing their ignorance. It just makes my initial point so much stronger. glad I started this today. Carry on my friend, carry on.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

How does that reflect this situation? guilty by association is grouping us all as one just as I have pointed out in this thread. Thank You for adding credance to my argument sir or ma'am.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

So...why not answer my question? Are you scared?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Whatever you wear like a badge...be prepared for the outcome.

I am not saying it is deserved ...but when you promote yourself as pro military ..expect a backlash of anti-military. If I am pro-Ron Paul on my avatar..then I should expect a backlash of anti-Paul. Pro abortion..anti abortion..see the relationship.

Not saying it is warranted or not warranted...but should be expected.

If you don't wish this backlash stop wearing your pro-military badge. Simple.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Don't fret over it, brother, they're civvies. Most of them only know what they're told by the media, and the sad thing is that some actually believe it. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just remember, when you were enlisted, did you really care about the opinion of a civvie on matters that we sort of specialize in? Why care now? Just remember, regardless of whether a person actually knows what they're talking about (it does happen every now and again), opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one and nobody wants 2 if you catch my drift lol. I used to get real pissed off when people would just outright ask me how many people I shot like they were talking about the weather or something, but then I realized that people are gonna be pricks regardless. Stay frosty.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Pidgeonholing people and things into groups is something that most sheeples are very good at. I know people that will spend an hour trying to figure out what sub-genre of metal Meshuggah belongs to, but I digress. People put other people into groups or "niches" as a defense mechanism to compensate for feelings of angst, indecisiveness, and so on. Like I said before, just opinions of the unexperienced and somewhat unintelligent.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

Pidgeonholing people and things into groups is something that most sheeples are very good at. I know people that will spend an hour trying to figure out what sub-genre of metal Meshuggah belongs to, but I digress. People put other people into groups or "niches" as a defense mechanism to compensate for feelings of angst, indecisiveness, and so on. Like I said before, just opinions of the unexperienced and somewhat unintelligent.

Like "civvies"?

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Better than "murderer", "warmonger", "baby killer", or whatever else people like you call us. "Civvies" is a nice term compared to the hate you spew.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
Like "civvies"?

Peace

"Civvies". Non-military people, of which I am one. That's not a derogatory word.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by spav5

Better than "murderer", "warmonger", "baby killer", or whatever else people like you call us. "Civvies" is a nice term compared to the hate you spew.

Did you read me calling anyone murderer?

I am responding to the previous poster because he pigeonholes all civilians...I won't recount the names he calls..then goes on to state that pigeonholing is for "unintelligent" people (sheeple etc.).

I think that you are little defensive...something evil on your conscience?

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Yeah, I do indeed have something evil on my conscience. You want to know what that is? I'll tell you.

That I couldn't do more than I did for my fellow human being.

You on the other hand, I know your type. You may not have said it, but you agree with all the others that do. You just hide behind a peaceful stance so you can switch when the tide shifts. It's cool, I don't blame you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by spav5

Yeah, I do indeed have something evil on my conscience. You want to know what that is? I'll tell you.

That I couldn't do more than I did for my fellow human being.

You on the other hand, I know your type. You may not have said it, but you agree with all the others that do. You just hide behind a peaceful stance so you can switch when the tide shifts. It's cool, I don't blame you.

You know my kind? You know nothing about me..but you are telling an awful lot about yourself.

If we had peace then killing would not be acceptable. Where would that leave people who are not "my kind" ?

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
You know my kind? You know nothing about me..but you are telling an awful lot about yourself.

If we had peace then killing would not be acceptable. Where would that leave people who are not "my kind" ?

Peace

What am I telling about myself? Please. Tell me what you know about me now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join