It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Bashing Us Military Folks.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

What woke me up and got me thinking was one question. and I now ask this question to many people everyday.

How have these wars benifited the American People. The truth is that they haven't and they never will. And it is a shame that some of our youth are so easily duped by the system as I once was. And I joined prior to 911. I don't think the idea of joining is foolish though. There are alot of jobs that are non combat related and alot that are here stateside. I learned alot in the Corps that still helps me to this day. I am very proud to have been a Marine. I personally never killed women or children or innocent people but I have seen it happen and it sucks. I actually embedded with the Iraqi army for 3 months as part of a foreign military training unit so I have a great deal of respect for the Iraqi people and their culture. I personally feel that I did alot of good for most of the people I encountered because I looked at them for what they were, Human Beings and nothing more or less. Those you speak of that can't wait to see the pink mist will feel much differently after the fact, unless they are phsycopaths. Most just say that to sound cool. It is not a fun thing even if it is a legitimate enemy target. Thank you for your thoughts and your honesty.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Semper Fi (Always faithful)... This means more to me than any other saying i have heard. Those who bash the military are close minded.

With that said Semper Fi can extend out beyond the military circle and if it would be used more regularly, things could be a lot better in the US. We as citizens and soldiers need to vote for people who will always be faithful to America and her citizens (not greed, lust and all the other crap we find our selves fighting everyday). Yet being faithful goes beyond giving us want we want to hear all the way to telling us how it really is and acting in a faithful manner in ever other aspect of their lives.

I believe many of our Soldiers have deep thoughts and most of the time they cant share them publicly. Soldiers were citizens before they enlisted and they return to being citizens once there time is up. They understand what the country is turning into better than most of us.

Like you said there are bad apples everywhere, even in the military. With that being said there are men and women who deserve our respect and get it.

1st why did you join and are you still active?

2nd have you or would ignore a direct order if you felt that it would be morally wrong to complete that order? Which is your right to do from a moral perspective.

Example I assume that if you were told take to american streets to arrest or round up citizens for no reason other than they told you to, I think you would at least have to second guess your self? I know that is a touchy example, so if you cant or won't answer that I would understand.

I know that our service men and women have taken a oath to protect us (US and her Citizens) from threats foreign and domestic. That also means to protect us from tyranny from our own government. Please don't forget that We the people are what makes the US powerful.

Thank you for your service, and Gods speed for you in your adventures!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

well i will ask the question what are you actively doing about the US government and Federal reserve that are ruining your country............?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by junkie2012

Semper Fi (Always faithful)... This means more to me than any other saying i have heard. Those who bash the military are close minded.

Like you said there are bad apples everywhere, even in the military. With that being said there are men and women who deserve our respect and get it.

1st why did you join and are you still active?

2nd have you or would ignore a direct order if you felt that it would be morally wrong to complete that order? Which is your right to do from a moral perspective.

Example I assume that if you were told take to american streets to arrest or round up citizens for no reason other than they told you to, I think you would at least have to second guess your self? I know that is a touchy example, so if you cant or won't answer that I would understand.

I know that our service men and women have taken a oath to protect us (US and her Citizens) from threats foreign and domestic. That also means to protect us from tyranny from our own government. Please don't forget that We the people are what makes the US powerful.

Thank you for your service, and Gods speed for you in your adventures!

I joined for one, because I wanted to be a Marine since a was a little kid, and two, because I was a carpenter and the housing market was falling and work was becoming sparse. I am no longer active as I am now a disabled veteran with a slew of health problems from my service.

My answer to your question is yes, I would disobey any order that I interpreted as unlawful. I had a little different upbringing than most people my age so I have very high moral standards. As an NCO I also held my Marines to a very high standard of moral and decent behavior, even in combat where morality lacks gteatly.

If I was told to take to the American streets and use force against civilians I would quickly defect with any and all who would be with me. I would never tyrranize my fellow citezens and most in the ranks never would either. Doing so to me would be a violation of the oath I took, and I take my oath very seriously. I personally believe if the government tried to do that they would be inaugurating civil war. And I for one will not stand for it. One day the tyrranizing fools in power will lose it all and we won't be there to save them. Thank you for your input and SEMPER FIDELIS!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Currently I am educating myself to the higher truths we face. I am also prepared to protect my family and friends if TSHTF scenario. Until there are enough people on board to truly stand together for the same cause there is not much we can do except educate ourselfs and prepare for the enevitable. Good question. If only everyone would ask themselves this question. I know I have, more than once. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

so your actively doing nothing, but reading and educating yourself ok thanks im out of this thread...........

your country is getting ripped apart internally and you know yet your not man enough to be the man that stands up against what is going on

i bet if 20 million decided to do something you'd be on that train but till then your gonna educate yourself some more

when the # does hit the fan im afraid it will be too late and people like you will look back and think we should of done something back then.............

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

so your actively doing nothing, but reading and educating yourself ok thanks im out of this thread...........

your country is getting ripped apart internally and you know yet your not man enough to be the man that stands up against what is going on

i bet if 20 million decided to do something you'd be on that train but till then your gonna educate yourself some more

when the # does hit the fan im afraid it will be too late and people like you will look back and think we should of done something back then.............

C-ya!

Wait, what were you doing in the UK when the Government took away most of the private citizens weapons that were legally owned?

I think it is obvious. You did nothing. Nothing at all. You just sat there and let others speak for you.

You are obviously not part of the solution, but rather a active part of the problem in your corner of the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Ok your just being foolish now. What good is standing around in an occupy movement where nothing is being done. What good would action that leads to arrest be for my family. And educating myself is not doing nothing. Do you suggest I run out and start a ruckes without doing any research or investigating. Then I would just be another Idiot falling prey to the stupidity of the majority. I'm not the MAN sitting on his behind basically calling me a B%&$*. I'm being proactive with the means that I currently have. If 20 million people were running forward I would be twoards the front leading by example as I always have. I think people like you just feel tough bashing us military guys on here becaues you would never dare do so to our faces. So please if you have nothing constructive to add then save it. Anyone else out there if we want this troll gone than just Ignore him. Masalama My Friend.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

There is a good example of why I started this thread. I hope the rest come out to play so that there will be even more examples in the mix. It only hammers home my point harder with evey post that they create. And you'll notice that there judgment has come without firstasking all the questions.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
really im not doing anything............ deny ignorance

im actively part of doing something with the people who dont just sit back and discuss things on the internet least if it does go down i know im head i did what i could.....

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
" the world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing nothing "

albert einstein

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Just to be clear this will be my last reply to you.

And could you please give me of an example of something the occupy movements have changed. Last I checked they just stand around talking while the people they protest laugh in their faces. If anything they are giving the government exactly what it wants; a need for greater control over the people, so some could argue that the occupy movements are detrimental to the cause.

And there you go with the judgement saying I do nothing but sit around and talk on the internet because I told you I was educating myself. I guess you must only educate yourself via the internet than huh? pretty narrow minded if I do say so myself. I thought you were gone from this thread anyway. What's the matter? can't relax if you don't get the last word.

Well here you go, like I said I'm done with you so go ahead have the last word so your self esteem and ego can get through the rest of the day.

Oh and the einstein quote is cute, I wish I lived my life by the thoughts of others and not my own free will. OK I'm done, continue with the rediculousness of this.
edit on 10/2/12 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Again thank you for your service....

I know quite a few service members who believe the same way as you and I.

I believe knowledge is power and right now we need to understand more before someone acts. I personally work to protect my family, employer and neighbors from a shtf scenario. At this point I think that is all we can do and should do as free people.

I hope a sfht scenario never happens, scratch that I pray that it never happens...because if the spark is lit there will be hell to pay....

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Alright yall, I will be off for a while. Time to do some parenting but I will be back later and will try to respond to all who chime in on this discussion.

I thank everyone who has given their input, even the one I have been arguing with. Thank you for the good debate. Catch everyone later.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Never been bashed, never seen bashing. But if military members do wrong acts, like posing with Nazi SS flags, murdering 24 innocent Iraqi civilians, or pissing on bodies, people will be pissed off at said members but that doesn't translate to all military folk. That's like saying I was robbed by a Japanese man so now I hate all Japanese people. People are smarter than that, mostly. We all know how to separate the good from the bad, mostly.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yeah I guess what annoys me most is when i"m trying to add input to a thread and someone goes off topic and out of their way criticize me for being affiliated with the military. It's also a shame that groups are usually judged by the actions of a few when that is not a good representation of the group as a whole.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
bashing the imperial invasion force of the united states whose main standing order is to secure oil fields is a "right" these morons die for overseas.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
S & F.

As a military folk myself I completely agree. Dont let those few bad seeds ruin your opinion of the whole group. I know a few bad ones myself but the majority of militay, when you actually take time to get to know them are the better type of person in this country. Wholeheartedly compassionate about their fellow countrymen and upright citizens.

Totally agree.I'm not in the military,but my brother was.He joined the army just before the first gulf war at 18.Sent off to Fort Sill for bootcamp.Then off to Kuwait.At 18.In my eyes,him at 18 was more of a man then those here who are keyboard tough guys bashing everything military.When he came back he was a much different person and he's proud of having served.And I'm proud of him no matter what ATS thinks.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
bashing the imperial invasion force of the united states whose main standing order is to secure oil fields is a "right" these morons die for overseas.

As opposed to morons keyboards warriors that sit in front of their screen and bash people anonymously? Those guys really move me.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
If you joined the military, for whatever reason, you signed up TO KILL PEOPLE. Does not matter that it is

Wrong.My brother signed up because the army promised him they'd pay for college.This was 20 plus years ago,so it may not be that way anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join