It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Probe Captures 1st Video of Moon's Far Side

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of processing that video went through? It looks processed to pieces. Also, why aren't there better cameras analyzing the moon right now? Why do we only get a 10 second far shot of something we're all dying to see in detail?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

The cameras on the GRAIL probes are secondary to the mission. They are not for detailed visual study of the Moon's surface. LROC is doing that.

moonkam.ucsd.edu...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Forgive me Phage, but I've come to equate your avatar with you over time. I can't get the scene where he puts the wires in his mouth and takes a full 110 volts to his head, out of my head.
Great movie.

Keep denying ignorance.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Aliensun

And as a NASA scientist begged us civilians a couple of weeks ago, all of you please squint at these vids and through your puny home telescopes to look for signs of alien artifacts! This is important to NASA!

No.
It was proposed (and not by any NASA scientist) that a systematic program similar to SETI@home be set up to have the general public examine images from the LRO satellite. Images, which BTW, are readily available on the web.
M

PHage--
You are correct. It was not from NASA scientist(s) and the viewing was not to be done with private Telescopicinstruments, but home computers.

--But you and I know that with the work that the University of Arizonia does with mapping of space bodies, there is scant difference between them and official NASA employees and projects. We can expect NASA money to be deeply involved in the work these guys do if not providing their bread and butter in a major fashion.

Given that connection even if tenous, it is not likely those guys would have spoken without some motive. Were they wanting to endrun official NASA by talking about ETs on the Moon, or were they put up to making their rather weird suggestion by NASA?

They seemingly would have a lot at stake in their announcement when we all know that NASA is a "See no UFO, hear no UFO, and (especially) speak no UFO."
edit on 1-2-2012 by Aliensun because: deleting redundanties

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I think you have read your own thoughts into what the proposal was about.

They seemingly would have a lot at stake in their announcement when we all know that NASA is a "See no UFO, hear no UFO, and (especially) speak no UFO."

That's right, NASA is not interested in unidentified flying objects. They are interested in space exploration and the search for extraterrestrial life.
edit on 2/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I think you have read your own thoughts into what the proposal was about.

That's right, NASA is not interested in unidentified flying objects. They are interested in space exploration and the search for extraterrestrial life.

Phage, those guys--not one addled-brained, crackpot scientist that works in the area of space bodies, but two of them working with NASA--didn't venture to open their mouths about that bizarre topic without a good reason. I was merely offering suggestions. Would you offer an explanation that can explain them suggesting to the public to look for alien signs on the Moon despite the fact that they live in close harmony with NASA?

--No, you evaded the whole point I raise as skeptics and disinformatist do when it serves them.

True, NASA wants nothing to do with the presence of UFOs here and now at earthside, but they sure are hell bent on looking for any signs of life away from earth. Doesn't that strange situation ever puzzle you, make you wonder?

Goodnight.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Aliensun because: clarification

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Would you offer an explanation that can explain them suggesting to the public to look for alien signs on the Moon despite the fact that they live in close harmony with NASA?

How about what they said about it?

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) has a low probability of success, but it would have a high impact if successful. Therefore it makes sense to widen the search as much as possible within the confines of the modest budget and limited resources currently available.

www.sciencedirect.com...

I don't understand the "despite" part of your statement (plenty of people at NASA are interested in the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence) but I see no indication that Davies or Wagner "live in close harmony with NASA". Davies is not affiliated with the LRO program and Wagner is a lab assistant in the program at ASU.

True, NASA wants nothing to do with the presence of UFOs here and now at earthside, but they sure are hell bent on looking for any signs of life away from earth. Doesn't that strange situation ever puzzle you, make you wonder?

No, it doesn't. There is no evidence that UFOs have anything to do with extraterrestrial life. UFOs are very transient phenomena which do not lend themselves well to scientific study.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There is no evidence that UFOs have anything to do with extraterrestrial life. UFOs are very transient phenomena which do not lend themselves well to scientific study.

NASA is not interested in unidentified flying objects. They are interested in space exploration and the search for extraterrestrial life.

So, No Ufos for NASA...
This is a matter strictly reserved to NRO.

But some Ancient Alien/Extraterrestrial Ruins on the Moon?

NASA could be interested?

We should scour the Moon for ancient traces of Aliens

edit on 2-2-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Cool video! Thanks for posting it!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Has anyone realised no stars and lack of earth in this video? If this was from the moon's far side the earth would be directly behind!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Cool! I don't think Russian middle schoolers get to play with satellites! USA USA USA!

I think thats one of the best things Nasa does.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So it took NASA a little over 3 decades to clean up the back side of the moon.

Lol, looks pretty good, nice work guys

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

Yeah, where are the Hubble moon images? And are the Lunar orbiter 2 and 3 photos already available for public?
Its BS that Hubble cant take photos of moon..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

Here is Hubble looking at the Moon but it can't take pictures of the far side because it's on our side.
spacespin.org...

Here is Lunar Orbiter 2:
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Here is Lunar Orbiter 3:
www.lpi.usra.edu...

edit on 2/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks! You could have just adressed me to the right direction, but very kind

Gonna dig in to those

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

But some Ancient Alien/Extraterrestrial Ruins on the Moon?

NASA could be interested?

We should scour the Moon for ancient traces of Aliens

Comb the desert!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Go to 0.47 in the video..
there are some strange "formation" in one of the craters...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Not really very strange and not very uncommon on the Moon.
Central peaks.
www.lpi.usra.edu...

That one is Drygalski crater.
lunarnetworks.blogspot.com...

edit on 2/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ahem, excuse me if i dont get too exceited about intelligence that NASA offers civilians.....
I dont get wild about Hoaglands stuff either......
In fact im about fed up with the whole thing.
Considering what we have learned about the "National Security State"....Over 6000 patents and processes held secret for security reasons....
The depradations of goverment, industry,finance,and health which are aparently rampant and ongoing within the structure of this pathological paradigm to which we all seem to subscribe......
Anything that NASA offers school children, is automatically suspect in my books.........(get em while their young propaganda, perhaps even deep mental conditiong of a subtle nature?)or simply exercises to get the kids sucked into their slant on space etc.....(a covenient way to take the interests away from the Military Space Program, which recieves a fair share of the defense budget.....)more PR
I dunno Phage......since i have learned what the Gov Boys have hidden from us in the past, and extrapolate it to the present,
I take it all with a grain of salt.....
See my thread on Nasa Arsenic based life refuted.....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

It is a hoax
2nd line

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join