It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Has [not] Ruled, Obama [not] Off Of Ballot In Georgia! (erroneous news report)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i really dont think obama will be elected again if he is on the ballot or not and with saying he isnt above the law well if he wasnt above the law he wouldnt even be president to begin with

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree, I think he meets the US Code for "Natural Born" citizen, but that all goes out the window if it can be proved he identified himself as a foreign national student for college.

it is a April Fool's joke....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

travel.state.gov... (Source)

Dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there. Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship. Most countries permit a person to renounce or otherwise lose citizenship.

Fourteenth Amendment (Quote of the aruthor - John Armor Bingham)

Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural-born citizen; but, sir, I may be allowed to say further that I deny that the Congress of the United States ever had the power, or color of power to say that any man born within the jurisdiction of the United States, not owing a foreign allegiance, is not and shall not be a citizen of the United States. Citizenship is his birthright and neither the Congress nor the States can justly or lawfully take it from him

You cannot have a Dual Citizenship , and be the President of the United States of America.
edit on 26-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
The question is will dems change parties and vote for Commander Ron Paul with this change?

Georgia will likely vote GOP whether Obama is on the ballot or not.

Since Romney is most likely to win the GOP nomination, Ron Paul will likely be forced to go independent or perhaps Libertarian. Paul could pick up a few DEM voters, while likely losing more GOP voters in the process.

Personally, I am done voting for the lesser of two evils. I will not vote for Romney, Gingrich, or Obama. I will write in a candidate's name if I have to.
edit on 1/26/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by jacklondonmiller

These "backwoods idiots" seem to be some of the only ones who are interested in actually upholding the law

What law exactly? Where in the constitution does it specifically state that both parents must be citizens? This is something birthers have failed to demonstrate. Todays court ruling was a circus, Orly found herself having to be corrected by the judge himself on multiple occasions. The entire case also strayed away from the entire 'born in Kenya' theory and we're right back to the de vattel nonsense again.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I guess this whole case hinges on who Obama's father is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f49b08ab40a5.jpg[/atsimg]

or #2
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a586a1890b6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9638799d2d55.jpg[/atsimg]

Obama has an easy out but he will never take it!!

Door #2 would certainly "certify" the citizenship thing alright.

But if He went to school under a different name (Soetoro or whatever it was), that screws up everything.

Betty Shabazz (MalcolmX Wife)

Malikah Shabazz (MalcolmX Daughter)

boy did I dial a wrong number !!

Hey! what about ME?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Now the question is, will other states follow suit, or will the state of Georgia just be ridiculed as being a racist southern state?

Unfortunately, this is going to end just like the whole birth cert debacle, with a BS document and a wink and a nod from people who could eat and regurgitate that Georgian Judge like a Georgian peach.

Obama is boss! Now get back in the soup line and know your role!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by Liquesence
I just saw the local news 5 minutes ago (i live in GA), and they just reported that the judge has NOT decided anything.

Not sure where this blog info comes from, but i think the news would say if he was not going to be on the ballot.

And they even had a clip of Orly Taitz.

Can tell the news thinks this a big joke, and is mocking these birthers, and their argument.

Also the reason why you don't see this plastered on the front page of every news media outlet available...if it were about Newt though it would be everywhere...

If the same set of circumstances applied to Newt, the MSM (i am pretty sure) would do just the same thing. I am not going to get into the validity, but the birthers keep coming back with sillier and sillier things.

It's getting ridiculous, and nothing will EVER satisfy them until their own beliefs (even if WRONG) are affirmed. That is the only thing that will satisfy them, and that is why this is so ridiculous and..the media know it.

Again, if the same set of circumstances applied to Newt, i am sure the media would think it just as ridiculous.

ETA:

Regardless, the veracity of the blog's claim is what i am bringing into question. 'Course, birthers like to claim a lot of things not grounded in reality.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I don't agree that Obama's eligibility should hing on his father, did we hold GWB accountable for his Nazi financing/sympathizing father? You have had years to prove this case, both in court and in the public area, and you have failed outright.

"Nazi financing/ sympathizing father?" --- Come on.... you've got to be kidding me. That is surely a falsehood that you can't prove. I've never heard of such a claim until now. What is your source for such information?

This laughable Georgia fiasco.... is likely to prove that the Georgia judical system, is trying to usurp the Federal election process of the United States of America.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Don't you bring your facts and intelligent thought around here!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee,

If you google

Congress research office and vetting of obama you will get about 851000 hits.

Pick the source you like.

Go get em. A report was published by the congress research office to help the congressmen and women explain to angry citizens what happened with the vetting.

On the same subject the form that the party uses to nominate the candidate usually has the phrase "and is eligible under the constitution" but they left that out for most states in 2008, all except Hawaii. See my previous post on the other thread, don't remember where but surely you read it about a week ago...

I mean his party was supposed to vet him and then sign for it.

Best one here, at the bottom of the post, shows language difference for 2000, 2004 and 2008

Ats post, another about the nomination forms

ATS Post Nomination Forms

edit on 26-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 26-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 26-1-2012 by kawika because: added link

edit on 26-1-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is a picture of Obama's dad arriving in Hawaii for the first time with with a few fellow Kenyans.

What is his future father-in-law doing in the picture with him? I ask this because, Barack's mother, Ann Dunham, had not met Barack's father yet.

Can anyone explain this?

Maybe it can help answer questions about Barack's past?

Sorry, forgot to add Barack's father is the one with the leis around his neck with someone holding up the "peace" sign behind him. Stanley Dunham is to the right of him(as u view the pic) in the white plain short-sleeved shirt.
edit on 26-1-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

a military base is no different than an embassy. AMERICAN SOIL and both of his parents were American citizens.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Most of the media is complicit with this disaster of a POTUS.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

No ..... you are very wrong. The only places in other countries that are considered "American soil" are embassies and consulates. Military bases are leased by the host country ...

Stop wearing "Deny Ignorance" as a slogan if you are ignorant.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
The question is will dems change parties and vote for Commander Ron Paul with this change?

Georgia will likely vote GOP whether Obama is on the ballot or not.

Since Romney is most likely to win the GOP nomination, Ron Paul will likely be forced to go independent or perhaps Libertarian. Paul could pick up a few DEM voters, while likely losing more GOP voters in the process.

Personally, I am done voting for the lesser of two evils. I will not vote for Romney, Gingrich, or Obama. I will write in a candidate's name if I have to.
edit on 1/26/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)[

/editby]

if this is true ...WHICH I DOUBT!

then the Mexican Mitt is not eligible either .....

frankly, I don't see this standing up on appeal or in a real court .... ....there have been so many attempts by birthers to get Obummer out of office ... and this would have been pushed by the GOP main stream years ago if this was in fact "case law" ...

edit on 26-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by candcantiques
reply to post by Annee

a military base is no different than an embassy. AMERICAN SOIL and both of his parents were American citizens.

DENY IGNORANCE

McCain was born before the ruling that declared children of military parents born on foreign soil Natural Born Citizens. There was nothing in that ruling making it retro active.

Action was taken to declare McCain a Natural Born Citizen. Since action had to be taken - - that indicates there was a problem.

Done with this. My only point is - - McCain's situation was handled with dignity and respect.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by candcantiques

No ..... you are very wrong. The only places in other countries that are considered "American soil" are embassies and consulates. Military bases are leased by the host country ...

Stop wearing "Deny Ignorance" as a slogan if you are ignorant.

And the Panama Canal Exclusion Zone (McCain), and it doesn't matter if you are born on foreign soil, as long as both parents are US citizens, and maintain occupancy in the US, and reside inside the US within a year of your birth.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by intrepid

one could speculate this all the way up to the UN ..Oh waite they gave him a nobel peace prize ...peace

...what?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

then the Mexican Mitt is not eligible either .....

EXTREMELY TRUE!

And it has been brought up a couple of times. Mitt's father was not a US citizen either.

Also, Marco Rubio, who many have named as a possible running mate, is also not eligible, but he has stated he believes he is eligible. His parents became citizens long after his birth.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join