It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by NightGypsy

I don't have to agree with a law to be happy that is being applied evenly.

If we are subject to these rules and regulations...than so should government officials.

And if we "The People" can protest such rules.....so can a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL.

You just debated yourself and WON.

Congrats, your logic just blew your own posts out of the water.

He can protest all he wants...don't fly.

But don't cry when you are expected to follow the exact same rules as every other American.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Is Ron pro-life too?

I don't want to vote for a candidate that supports banning abortions and/or limiting reproductive choice for women.

link   
Here I see on Ron Paul's official Twitter page he said nothing about Rand being detained.

twitter.com...

Rand Paul himself said nothing either.

twitter.com...

So initial reports of him being 'detained' were from other people.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

But he was not going or returning from a House session, debate or speech. Read carefully the section you highlighted.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by NightGypsy

I don't have to agree with a law to be happy that is being applied evenly.

If we are subject to these rules and regulations...than so should government officials.

And if we "The People" can protest such rules.....so can a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL.

You just debated yourself and WON.

Congrats, your logic just blew your own posts out of the water.

He can protest all he wants...don't fly.

But don't cry when you are expected to follow the exact same rules as every other American.

Can you link me to a source where he 'cried'?

Like all other times I have questioned you to back your claims with a link, I'm guessing no?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Here I see on Ron Paul's official Twitter page he said nothing about Rand being detained.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

If Rand has been detained as it is reported, do you think they would let him sit around in an interrogation room 'tweeting' his experience to the world?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

He was questioned.

You left out that part.

edit on 23-1-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

He wasn't questioned...he refused security protocol and wasn't allowed to proceed.

The only reason this is has become news is because Rand and Ron are drama queens are were using the word "DETAINED" when that never happened.

Rand Paul was turned away, wasn't allowed to proceed without going through security protocol. It was his CHOICE not to go through it. He bought a ticket for another flight and went through security again and went through fine.

Just drama trying to be created by the Paul's. And his supporters are eating it up.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

He was questioned.

You left out that part.

edit on 23-1-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

He wasn't questioned...he refused security protocol and wasn't allowed to proceed.

The only reason this is has become news is because Rand and Ron are drama queens are were using the word "DETAINED" when that never happened.

Rand Paul was turned away, wasn't allowed to proceed without going through security protocol. It was his CHOICE not to go through it. He bought a ticket for another flight and went through security again and went through fine.

Just drama trying to be created by the Paul's. And his supporters are eating it up.

I'm going to ask you again to source your claims that Ron or Rand said anything about detention.

Back your claims with LINKS PLEASE.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

My son @SenRandPaul being detained by TSA for refusing full body pat-down after anomaly in body scanner in Nashville. More details coming.

Ron Paul Twitter
Daily Caller

edit on 1/23/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by The Sword

Dr. Paul is pro life in his personal belief, but as the Constitution doesn't allow the government to dictate an individual's decision to have a baby or not, he's pro choice in his stance.

The man's got integrity and he doesn't flip flop like Mitt flop

link   

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

You are looking at Ron Paul's "official representative" twitter account.

Try his campaign twitter account

twitter.com...

My son @SenRandPaul being detained by TSA for refusing full body pat-down after anomaly in body scanner in Nashville. More details coming.

And try Rand Paul's facebook page.

www.facebook.com...

Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA. We will update you as the situation develops.

Absolutely ridiculous that you are trying to claim they didn't facebook and tweet about it...that is how the story got out.

And yes...THEY were the ones that used the word "DETAINED"...not the media.
edit on 23-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Then why does he always try to get the Sanctity of Life Act passed every session?

Isn't that government intervention in an area it should not be in?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Rand Paul was turned away, wasn't allowed to proceed without going through security protocol. It was his CHOICE not to go through it. He bought a ticket for another flight and went through security again and went through fine. Just drama trying to be created by the Paul's.
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If Rand Paul was trying to create "drama," I wonder why we have yet to hear from Rand Paul in the press to "cry" about his ordeal?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Rand Paul was turned away, wasn't allowed to proceed without going through security protocol. It was his CHOICE not to go through it. He bought a ticket for another flight and went through security again and went through fine. Just drama trying to be created by the Paul's.
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If Rand Paul was trying to create "drama," I wonder why we have yet to hear from Rand Paul in the press to "cry" about his ordeal?

Because he is currently on his flight...because he was never "detained".

This whole story is just making the Paul's look foolish.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

And yes...THEY were the ones that used the word "DETAINED"...not the media.

I wonder why they didn't rub it in and say he was "indefinitely detained".

I agree with you. This was a non-occurrence and people went wild with it because... well, that's what they do.

And it was all based on the sensationalistic use of the word "detained", which was a lie, anyway.

He wasn't detained, arrested or questioned!

I can't believe people are supporting the idea of an elected official being above the law. :shk:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Well i'm assuming it's because the Constitution splits up federal law from state law. That act would allow states to decide whether it's legal or illegal.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

They probably saw a pocket Constitution when he went through the body scanners and wanted to further investigate his possession of that terrorist breeding document

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yet nobody has any PROOF that Ron Paul himself or Rand Paul himself said they were detained.

One source if a Facebook Page out of DOZENS that are created for Ron Paul, by volunteers, or staffers.

The other is a Twitter account, which like Facebook has DOZENS of "Ron Paul" related accounts.

Yet the official Ron Paul and Rand Paul #REP and #SEN Twitter accounts say nothing.

So again, NO PROOF that Ron or Rand said ANYTHING about being detained.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Ah you read my mind! I also thought that it may have been a pocket Constitution!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

But he was not going or returning from a House session, debate or speech. Read carefully the section you highlighted.

Rand Paul has two obligations today: a speech and returning to the senate.

The U.S. Constitution actually protects federal lawmakers from detention while they’re on the way to the Capital.
“The Senators and Representatives…shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same….” according to Article I, Section 6.

The Senate is back in session today at 2 p.m., with votes scheduled at 4:30 p.m. It is not clear if Paul will make it to Washington by 4:30 p.m. on his new flight.

abcnews.go.com...

From his Facebook page:

Today I will speak to the March for Life in Washington DC. A nation cannot long endure without respect for the fundamental right to Life. Our Liberty depends on it.

www.facebook.com...

So please enlighten me as to how this does NOT violate the constitution.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Unlimitedpossibilities because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join