It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live South Carolina Election Results Here

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker
Ok five minutes ago Ron Paul was in third with 11%. Now in the course of five minutes he's in fourth? Dang.

There are only 1000 votes counted so far.

The night is very young.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Never thought I'd say this, but I REALLY want Mitt Romney to win tonight. It would bring me an odd sense of pleasure to see the media fall flat on its face.

Those are exactly my thoughts at the moment now to. I would be happy as heck because the media would fall flat and go "oops". Plus Newt is my least favorite candidate. If it was Romney vs Obama, I wouldnt vote for either. If it came down to Newt v Obama, I actually would vote for Obama just because I cannot stand this guy whatsoever

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker
I wonder honestly why the news folks want Romney to be the winner so bad? Is it because he is the most centrist and they fear a conseravitive so badly?

Yep, that's pretty much it. The media is always for the most liberal candidate. They're hedging their bets. I'm sure they'd prefer Obama...and they'll do whatever it takes to ensure that he wins...but if Romney were to somehow win the general election, its not a terrible outcome for them. They couldn't care less what it means for the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Well...no surprise...Gingrich dominated that last debate. But he has a lot of ground to make up in Florida.

I'm also hearing Ron Paul's campaign is saying they are expecting a 4th place finish.

Newt dominated the debate? The opening question to decide our future president was started with a personal question about Newt's infidelity. Im sorry but if the man can't keep his game with women right, how can he lead our country into the future? If you watched the same debate I did the only person the audience demanded to hear was Ron Paul. EVERY single poll, whether on drudge,cnn, abc, fox, is won hands down by Paul. Some of them its not even close. EVERY poll that's done officially he does not do as well at all. The fix is in.

I sense the most EPIC write-in campaign in American history is coming soon to a voting booth near you.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Disaster tonight.

RP can't go on if he loses to Santorum

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

It would give the media much less credibility and hopefully result in more people pursuing alternative media.

Newt kinda creeps me out, not gonna lie. I don't feel like you can trust him at all. He actually reminds me of the pope, and that is NOT a compliment!

I can kinda see maybe where the MSM would think Gingrich would win based on their own data, but they should realize it's not always reliable. it's like Dewey vs Truman. The media called Dewey as the winner and Truman ended up winning.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Im not sure what you mean? Im being unfaithful to whom?

You meaning 'people' and not you 'individually'.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
Disaster tonight.
RP can't go on if he loses to Santorum

Ron Paul can go on - he came in with more delegates than Santorum and Gingrich. If he picks up any of the 24 available he'll still probably be in second place nationally and Gingrich and Santorum are ineligble for nearly half of the 1144 delegates needed to win.
edit on 1/21/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

Edit to add Ron Paul also has money needed to run a national campaign where the others (other than Romney) do not.
edit on 1/21/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Another win for Obama.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I was going to upload the ridiculousness at Cnn.com right now but I guess I can't.... (Why are uploads disabled??)

"Big win for Gingrich" In big bold letters.....

What???

On the same page is shows:

Newton L. "Newt" Gingrich (check marked)
Gingrich
33%

Willard M. "Mitt" Romney
Romney
38%

Richard John "Rick" Santorum
Santorum
14%

(They aren't even showing Paul's results) What the hell?? That doesn't even add up. Romney is ahead by 6 points according to that.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
Fox says 7 of 10 voters are Tea Partiers yet only 2 in 10 are going to vote for the founder of the Tea Party?

GOP did an efficient job of undermining the Tea Party - didn't want that anti-plutocracy movement to get a foothold.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you are referring to chest beating, you are correct.
However, if you are referring to being reasonable, you are wrong.

Gingrich is horribly hypocritical in touting his immoral personal history as "inconsequential" while also stating that Romney's financial history should be scrutinized.

I understand that everyone is entitled to their judgment, but that doesn't mean that everyone thinks through their judgments as consistently and reasonably as others.

Bottom line (for me):
Gingrich - has a rotting moral compass which he covers in rhetoric and "attitude."
Romney - is bought and always for sale.
Santorum - gives "believers" a bad name by legislating morality in an especially, policy-wise, inconsistent manner.
Paul - has an accurate and stable moral compass, is not for sale, and is quite the gentleman when it comes to reiterating the same reasoning, over and over, to the masses (us) who have not been responsible enough to understand the principles which he stands for without him needing to fight for common sense.

In a better world, Ron Paul is the average "Joe."
In our reality, he is either ignored or disdained... more so and sadly, he is either a rare hope at the summit of political power, or he is "crazy."

!!!
The true power of Ron Pauls principles would be seen if we actually lived by them. Otherwise, even if he wins, he loses.
!!!

Liberty is of no use to the blind, only the sighted.

link   
reply to post by vor78

My theory being that they hope for the same results as in 2008. Mc Cain was such a centrist that he had no base and a lot of republican voters just didn't bother. After eight years of GWB it was obvious a change was coming anyway. Let's see, McCain was the nominee last time around and he couldn't beat GWB in 2000 for the candidacy. Romney is a front runner now and he couldn't beat McCain. How in the heck can the people of the country be letting this happen. This indicates our choices are getting less and less qualified. So the media figures if they can get Romney or Gingrich then Obama has the best chance for 4more years. The GOP talking heads and so called conservative talk show guys like Hannity and Rush tell us Ron Paul can't beat Obama, when we know he has the best chance of doing just that. The talking heads (rich ones) like Hannity and Rush are not the blue collar Joes we are so the really don't want him either just like the liberal MSM. They want the traditional blue blood Republican rich guy.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
(They aren't even showing Paul's results) What the hell?? That doesn't even add up.

Well if you add it up - its 85% so that would put Paul around 15% and ahead of Santorum.

Yep, that is 100% believable that Fox would leave him off.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Just saw this too...WTH?????
That aint right!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

This is on Cnn's website.

www.cnn.com...

Edit: it just updated with Gingrich ahead by 800 votes.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by ararisq

This is on Cnn's website.

www.cnn.com...

Potato, Potato

Neither side wants to see Ron Paul up against Obama. CNN did the worst piece of journalism I've ever seen after the debate on Thursday.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Massive Voter Fraud

Being reported by Fox.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I see where Rick Perry is getting 4% of the vote. If he dropped out why is he on the ballot? And don't the people of S.C. pay attention??? Why vote for someone who dropped out?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join