It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live South Carolina Election Results Here

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You've got to remember that this is Strom Thurmond country. Old Strom may have gone to his punishment but South Carolinians -- at least the Republicans among them - loved Old Strom's hypocrisy and dirty politics.

However, a very important and eternal fact cannot be ignored: What worked to get someone the nomination from Republicans may work against him when it comes to getting elected by people of all parties.

link   
A Gingrich win is actually a good thing. Think about it, a week ago the MSM had Romney on a pedestal, practically giving Romney the nomination. This win has set this race to be a long drawn out process. There is no clear winner and this is good for Ron Paul.

Don't forget Ron's campaign did not spend a lot of money in South Carolina not Florida. This is similar to Gingrich focusing more on South Carolina than New Hampshire. It is a game of strategy, and Ron Paul and his team are very smart. I still have faith in them.

link   
You've got to remember that this is Strom Thurmond country. Old Strom may have gone to his punishment but South Carolinians -- at least the Republicans among them - loved Old Strom's hypocrisy and dirty politics.

However, a very important and eternal fact cannot be ignored: What worked to get someone the nomination from Republicans may work against him when it comes to getting elected by people of all parties.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I can understand how SC
would want more war, more debt, and downfall of the
Yankees, that destroyed and burned their state a 150 years ago.
I think Ron Paul does to,
He said 650,00 dead come on we could have bought all the slaves and then freed them.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Gonna be interesting to see what Florida's reaction to Gingrich's speech is gonna be now! As said above by another poster, amazing that exposing his affairs got him a win...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think a win in a state that boos the Golden Rule would almost be an insult to Ron Paul. However, there is now a lot of pressure on Paul to win somewhere. If he doesn't win in Florida or Nevada, I don't see how he will get the momentum he needs to win the nomination.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is merely speculation on my part but, it would not be suprising if this Marianne Gingrich story on ABC was nothing short of a calculated move on the part of Gingrich to be able to twist it in his favor. He could have convinced her to do it directly or indirectly, all the while knowing that the story would create backlash that he could turn into a boost for his votes. He played to peoples emotions in the debate and made it seem like he was being attacked unjustly.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
This is merely speculation on my part but, it would not be suprising if this Marianne Gingrich story on ABC was nothing short of a calculated move on the part of Gingrich to be able to twist it in his favor. He could have convinced her to do it directly or indirectly, all the while knowing that the story would create backlash that he could turn into a boost for his votes. He played to peoples emotions in the debate and made it seem like he was being attacked unjustly.

And how many of the SC voters have been caught in an extramarital affair? Sympathy vote?

Of course the other question would be how many of these voters are dead.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

4 candidates left in the race, and they only show the results for Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum on their front page. Gotta love the corporate media.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

He's already stated that he's not even going to campaign in Florida. He's not planning on winning it, but he will attend the debates. His plan is to win caucus states, and his campaign has been active in those states for a while now. (Nevada, Maine, Minnesota)

I hope he comes to the Colorado caucuses on the 7th, because I plan to attend. He gets my vote whether he's there or not tho.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have to give it to him...Newt had a helluva speech!!

I loved how he gave props to the other candidates; he said that Romney is an example of a hard worker, Santorum is a good fighter, and a Paul is correct on the Federal Reserve and the economy.....

very mature.

And ya know what, I understood him on the 'Food Stamp' vs 'Pay check' president remark. I can tell that if he is elected, he will be BIG on welfare reform.

Now the question is whether Ron Paul is going to keep going......

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

I loved how he gave props to the other candidates; he said that Romney is an example of a hard worker, Santorum is a good fighter, and a Paul is correct on the Federal Reserve and the economy.....

very mature.

And ya know what, I understood him on the 'Food Stamp' vs 'Pay check' president remark. I can tell that if he is elected, he will be BIG on welfare reform.

Of course Paul will keep going.. maybe you haven't noticed, but his campaign is as much about the gospel he's preaching as it is about actually getting elected. Plus he has the funds to carry on. He'll keep going alright.. and thank god for that. We need all the wake-ups we can get

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

very mature.

Of course Paul will keep going.. maybe you haven't noticed, but his campaign is as much about the gospel he's preaching as it is about actually getting elected. Plus he has the funds to carry on. He'll keep going alright.. and thank god for that. We need all the wake-ups we can get

I certainly hope so. Paul should still go to Florida.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

he said he will go to florida but won't waste any campaign funds there...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryc9nine

Yep. Just saw it.

I did enjoy listening to his speech earlier; he was speaking so much truth!!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryc9nine

Yep. Just saw it.

I did enjoy listening to his speech earlier; he was speaking so much truth!!

I know, it's amazing. I went to a town hall of his in Iowa in December, just before the caucus. I was floored by hearing him speak on his own terms, with no cornering questions or time limits. He spoke so much truth, it was unbelievable. We need him to keep talking, educating, and waking people up. It's among the last of our hopes, it seems

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm a bit down because it really takes a lot of effort to understand the trouble we are in, understand how we got in to this situation over a period of a hundred years, and understand how to get out of it. That is why Ron Paul supporters are 'loyal' because they don't care about Ron Paul as much as they care that Ron Paul has the same understanding on all of the above 3 points.

The problem is the effort involved excludes about 85% of the American population. Its easier to pick a candidate by hair style, organizational endorsements and scorecards, and punchline.

I'm glad we're seeing 5x more people voting for Paul in these primaries than in 2008 but thats still only GOP primary voters which are probably 5% of the whole population. At this rate it'll take a generation to reclaim the soul of this country.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Bummer tonight. I'm from SC. A big big part of newt beating Romney is because he is Mormon. That isn't conjecture, that is fact. Even my own dear sweet mother refused to vote for Romney because of this. The good doctor really didn't do much campaigning here either. Quite frankly, a large portion of my states good christian folks are just not ready for Ron pauls ideas either.....seems like mass Stockholm syndrome. I honestly wish this wasn't true, but sadly it is. The thought that comes to mind is simple, god forgive them for they know not what they do. But hey, this is pretty much every day here.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
My vote confirmation window kept flipping over to Gingrich.
The Paul section of the screen was also very hard to push and wouldn't select him and kept flipping to GreenGrinch (sarcasm) on the preview. I had to push so hard that I feared that the screen would crack before it would select. I went with my parents. My dad said Paul's selection was hard to push but, selected fine. My mom (old lady) had to get help because her touchscreen was calibrated so to push on Paul sent in a Gingrich.

Strange or the worst touch screens in history.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join