It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired Vatican Hebrew Translator exposes the OT for what it is in his LITERAL translation of the Hebr

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by chr0naut

This Biglino guy was employed by a publisher (San Paulo) that had also worked for the Vatican. He didn't actually work for the Vatican so the title of the post is misleading.

can you please give a source for that info (and more nfo about his "work for the vatican")

so sad, if hed worked for the vatican like OP claimed id listen but seems like hes just a sell-out...

My 'source' was that he said who he worked for in his introduction in the first video.

I also Googled him to try and determine his credentials. Most of what I got is is in Italian, but it is readable if you know a little Latin (and also Google translate helps
).

In his introduction, he claims to have his name mentioned alongside a Vatican official in a published book but I was unable to find any online reference to it (which is reasonable if the book was very recent) and he didn't mention the book title.

you can see Mauro Biglino's credentials on my post in page 6.
with links and everything.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Enjoying your replies . Thanks for the info and keeping it light (and the zombie education)
Be sure to click that first link in my Sig - I think we may agree on a few things(!)

reply to post by undo

Based on your responses, on this page... you too

reply to post by chr0naut

You've already been there, buddy, and I appreciate your input - thanks for your contribution.

We've added a disclaimer - and a few more pages - since, you've been there. Stop on by.

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz The OP and others...
Still waiting for an answer - either by the biblical scholars - or, watchers of this video...

Is THIS being purported as where Genisis of the OT was derived from (incorrectly)?

Interesting, if so.

edit on 1/20/2012 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Original Poster. I do not mean to be rude. I am open minded that there are things that are flying around in the skies that are not natural. Some of them military and some of them maybe something else.

However , his source points to himself. He takes his own reasoning outside of the Hebrew Priest that wrote some of the oldest testaments found and he also discredits scholars that are / have studied the original text.

read my post in page 6.
you have all the information and links there.

The source of Biglino is the Leningrad Codex, from which ALL Bibles were derived.

en.wikipedia.org...

and, by the way, several Rabbi's agree with Biglino that his translations are CORRECT.

link   
reply to post by Ookie

Nothing is explained in great detail this just shows him talking about his book. His findings are in the book. Video is a waste of 12 minutes

link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by scary

He worked for the Vatican? Well i definately won't be reading his lies. The Pope claimed to be Jesus, that's enough for me to write off anything that comes from Roman Catholicism.

Did the Pope claim to be Jresus? when what did he say? Please i had not heard this, i thought he claims the only one who jesus communicates with on earth? thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I watched this video with interest. Unfortunately it is difficult to understand because it is in Italian. The English translation is not reliable and it has obviously been changed a few times because of difficulties with the original translation, thus attesting to its unreliability and that the account is fictional.

I tried to understand what he was saying from some of the words he used, which are odd, even for an Italian. I think there would be multiple different ways to view what he is saying, and scholars and translators are likely to disagree.

* Hebrew cannot be understood correctly without vowels and spaces between words
* He has understood the Hebrew by removing the vowels and spaces which he contends were added later
* He claims that at the time of the Merolvignians and Carolingians there was a discussion about how the Hebrew text should be divided and how vowels should be added
* He believes that the word divisions and vowels should be ignored and instead the meaningless stream of consonants hold the secret to what the Bible actually meant
* He thinks that the Torah wasn't originally written in Hebrew
* He compares Hebrew words (here he inserts the usual vowels and word divisions) with ancient Sumerian words which he conjectures might have been closer to the original language
* He looks at pictograms of the Sumerian language for inspiration as to what the conjectured Sumerian sounds related to the Hebrew words might have included in their meaning
* He repeats the well-known fact that Ruach (translated Spirit) also means breath (particularly the fast moving of air when one exhales) and "wind"
* He conjectures that Ruach is related to the pictograms for Ru and Ah in Sumerian which look like a mouth/lips and water or wind
* He implies that the first pictogram looks like a UFO and the second like water
* He recalls the usual translation of the Hebrew which states that the Spirit of God hovered over the waters
* He disputes this translation and thinks that it means something else because it was not originally written in Hebrew
* He alludes to some comments in the vatican library (context not clear) which refer to UFOs, space planes and the like

From the very sketchy details in his admittedly difficult Italian I think the main message he is trying to get across is that God is an alien from outer space who came down to earth in his space plane and it blew by some Sumerians who drew pictures of it and came up with sounds that corresponded to that image and the sound of the rush of wind from the craft. Then the Hebrew language developed (though independently of Sumerian which he claims it is not related to) and the sounds appear more or less intact even without vowels in some Hebrew words translated from ancient Sumerian and recorded in the Torah. This was misinterpreted by all schools of scholars until he came along and put it all together, thus proving that the Vatican is covering up that God is an ET. The Vatican fired him and are embarrassed that his name already appeared on a book with a prominent scholar.

From this I conclude that the guy is a kook and in dire need of a history lesson and some instruction in rational thought. Nothing about his "translation" sheds any light on what the Bible actually means, as there is no mention of space planes, ET's or anything else of that nature for the entire 1500 years over which it was written.

Of course, this is my interpretation of what is admittedly a very difficult passage in Italian and I freely admit I could be wrong. He may actually be a lunatic off his meds and a pseudoscientific self-proclaimed "scholar".
edit on 20-1-2012 by XtraTL because: added parenthetical thought

edit on 20-1-2012 by XtraTL because: another parenthetical comment for clarity

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno
reply to post by Ookie

Nothing is explained in great detail this just shows him talking about his book. His findings are in the book. Video is a waste of 12 minutes

Learn Italian!
(could be good for your culture)

There you go! 1 hour and 30 minutes of information.
You can easily find Part 2, 3 & 4

Everything is explained in GREAT detail.
edit on 20-1-2012 by HeywoodFloyd because: video embed

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by scary

Originally posted by Shoonra
I assume that MMS is a typo for mss (manuscripts, plural). But it's not the three Abrahamic religions; this Biglino was talking about three schools of Judaism, only.

Unfortunately, his fluency in Hebrew is not accompanied by paleographic knowledge about the ancient manuscripts. The fact that the vowel points were added around the 7th century AD is no secret. But these were not entirely arbitrary; there were, from the first century AD, Aramaic translations and paraphrases of the Hebrew Bible, called Targum, and paraphrases and explanations of individual verses and expressions in the Talmud. There were also some ancient translations into other languages done in the first few centuries of the Christian Era. These all generally agree with the Massoretic Hebrew text that contains the vowel points added in the 7th century.

Additionally, the possibility that other meanings might be possible if the vowel points were ignored is not a new idea. The Revised Standard Version, for example, said that it relied on the consonantal Hebrew text - that is, without being controlled by the traditional vowel points. Some very important old manuscripts - such as the Dead Sea Scrolls - do not use the vowel points, and some early (and modern) printings of the Hebrew Bible similarly dispense with the vowel points (which make for complicated typesetting).

The chance that someone would read the Hebrew Bible without relying on the traditional vowel points is also not new. Newspapers in Israel are published without vowel points and adult readers fluent in Hebrew seem to have no problem reading them. So this fellow, for all his fanfare, has discovered nothing new and had no new idea.

His mentions of flying saucers only persuade me that his has allowed his simplistic realization about the Hebrew vowels to tip him over the edge.

Again you did not watch the video or if you did you skimmed. The literal translation of ANCIENT Hebrew is the up and coming new kid on the block and is becoming more popular as more information is gleaned from the text. Ancient Hebrew simply didn't HAVE those features. AGAIN here is another project doing the same thing. the chronical project

When people stop lying to themselves and trying to prop up false belief sets this world might be able to get better. The OT as translated in the KJV mentions flying chariots. HELLO.

Really I don't understand people! Use common sense!
I was around 11 when i read the bible first, at 18 I read it through again and later many other translations through. I do not belong to a religion because after reading on my own then studying the beliefs of many many religions I could see they were lying and after power and money....

and was really only a child, when I read about "Gods Spirit moving to and fro over the waters I saw a ship! I was barely aware of UFO's yet in the leading of the Israelite's from Egypt in a cloud and pillar I saw a ship... etc., it is so obvious if you do not belong to or have been indoctrinated into a religion!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is a good presentation! It is the truth and the Jewish people were helped by an ET faction. The ark of the covenant and many other artifacts have been tampered by this particular ET winning faction. They had defeated a previous ET faction who fought against the Atlantis faction(Earth humans,human ETs, and non-human ETs). The mention of the Flood in the Book of Genesis is the result of the ATLANTIS WAR! .....The FLOOD...WILL HAPPEN again....as a TIDAL WAVE! The flood happened because the Atlantis faction created weapons and one of these weapons altered the magnetic field. And on top of that, there was a HALLOWED Earth which created EARTHQUAKES. The Earth was hallowed by another ET faction previously who moved from planet to planet. The Atlantis faction had the technology to stop these things from happening but the result of the war eliminated the Atlantis faction. Some moved into the inner Earth(something which the NAZIs of Germany have been trying to contact and successfully had done through their missions to the south pole-Antarctica) and some of the people who were transported here to Earth stayed above ground to develop their won civilization(s) and keeped these stories through their interpretations of religion. The current faction who control Earth: Nazis,Zionists,Human ETs from other star systems, and non-Human ETs from other star systems. Good guys: Few humans on Earth,Human ETs from other star systems, and non-Human ETs from other star systems.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scary

Thanks for this thread
good entertainment on a rainy Friday evening.

There is only one thing for sure about the Bible and its translations / interpretations: we don't know.
This Mauro Biglino guy said it himself: he doesn't know. The Atheists don't know, christians don't know, the Pope doesn't know, nor do you or me or anyone else.
Believe whatever you want, interpret away!

From a "non-religious" point of view Biglino's story is not that much crazier than the talking snake thing.
edit on 20-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Hi Hessdalen, That s the prove you re looking for! Unfortunatly it is written in italian, but That are the 2 volumes that contains the 17 books translated by Mauro Biglino and edited by San Paolo edition.

www.edizionisanpaolo.it...

www.aseq.it...

Hope it helps you at least to believe that this is a serious person not a charlatan!

by dreamer2012
edit on 20-1-2012 by dreamer2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by dreamer2012 because: Becouse I am Italian and I know Mauro Biglino's works and I can tell that is a serious person and he doesn t want just sells his books as somebody assumed without knowing him..He s just sharing his knowledge..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I saw your question, which clip is the RAUCH in? Sorry I skipped to the meat

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm italian and I know Mauro Biglino, he's very famous and he really is what he says to be.
He's a serious translator, that's why he could not translate the way Vatican wanted.
You can find he's ibooks on line and read them before judging. What's more, when I was 7 I started to read the Bible and I started thinking that the "obgects" coming down from the sky could not be "God", but airplans, or UFO, or something flying anyway.... So why are you so surprised? I f you read the Bible you can find all out yourselfs! Or you belive in angels, flying fire coachs, and similar? Is that more belivable for you???

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
so, just got done with video 3

did he suggest space smells like burnt meat?

wtf

if it does, then erm..why? and if he doesn't, can we then simply toss out this hypothesis and the baby with the bathwater?

hmm..how would someone test that...stick their head out of a shuttle and breath in doesn't seem like a good idea..

___
nevermind, started 4 and he explains (sort of) the smell in a pod. ok..no barbecue space smell...pity really, space would make me hungry.
edit on 20-1-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Thanks!

It's at 11:14 in the video in the OP.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

LOL
I read here somewhere that space smells like metal. That's the report from astronauts after getting in from outside. The smell of their equipment and of the airlock is that of metal.

Maybe zombies thrive for the trace metals humans have?...
edit on 20-1-2012 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

The video is about an hour or so long. It is just split into parts to post on youtube.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The first step in the NASA Blue Beam Project concerns the breakdown of all archaeological knowledge. We will see more and more HOAX discoveries, where these new discoveries will finally explain to all people the error of all fundamental religious doctrines. The falsification of this information will be used to make all nations believe that their religious doctrines have been misunderstood for centuries and misinterpreted. Psychological preparations for that first step have already been implemented with such things as the 2001 A Space Odyssey film, the Star Trek TV series, and movies such as Independence Day.....

And people are falling for it.
Thousands of translators have worked on these manuscripts with very similar translations. But the young generation, completely brainwashed into not believing in God and The Bible suddenly find interest because they've grown up with fake lights in the sky and media saturation of "extraterrestrials". You BELIEVE it because you have been indoctrinated into it. Everything that you have ingested in your young lives has been anti-Christ and pro- alien. That is why people are fascinated in this stuff cause they have swallowed misinformation designed to deceive.

Pre flood = humans corrupted physically by fallen angels the "sky gods"

Now = genetically modified plants, animals and soon humans through science
Humans starting to worship these "sky gods" again

But yet we have lovely comments like "Christard" and "cults" because we are "brainwashed" ourselves to believe in scripture as it stands and that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Saviour. All this guy is doing is feeding people intrigue that they have been prepared for, whilst denying Jesus Christ and therefore salvation.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hi, you all! I'm the guy who translated the video and posted it on Youtube.
I didn't read everything written in this discussion, but I would like to make some concepts clear:

I was always amazed, as an European, to see how easy it is in the States to hide one's name in every day's life. That is almost impossible here, because, as many of you may have experienced, we have to carry ID cards all the time and use them often. That means, we cannot so easily say we are someone else, unless one is a spy, in which case everything is possible.

I know personally Mr. Biglino, as he got pleased of the translation I made for fun of one of his lectures. I' not a spy, I'm not an illuminati and I earn about 1100 $ per month. Just to play with uncovered cards. Mr. Biglino is a very kind and easygoing person, and he would probably answer himself if his English was good enough, but sadly that's not the case.

Someone pointed out the unreliability of translating something literally, but I think there is a misunderstanding: the books he translated for the Vatican are indeed literally translated, word by word, with no interpretation whatsoever, but with the philological explanation of every verbal form. The interpretation was then made by Mons. Ravasi, one of the most influential personality in the Catholic Church.
As some of you suggested that he' not what he pretends to be, just know that his work is contained in the following two books, in case you wanted to buy them and check it by yourselves. His name still appears as the official translator, as the Italian law obliges the publishing house to do so:

All 17 books of the Bible he translated are inside those two volumes.

Te book that caused him to be fired was another one, more exactly this one:
www.holy-bible-aliens.com...

While translating the Bible, he realized that many of the thing that were in there had been mistranslated or re-interpreted by the traditional translators, with the result of often changing completely the original meaning the text had. So, if he would find in Hebrew something like the English idiomatic expression “I would like to be in your shoes”, he wouldn't translate it like “Now give your shoes to me and walk barefoot”: in Vatican's texts he would write it as he found it, while in his own book he would write something like: “I would like to be you in this moment” or “I would like to feel just like you feel”.
Summarizing, one could say that in Vatican's books the text is translated literally, while the translation in his own books is “faithful”.

One of the most common critics that people do is stating that “The Bible is a text inspired directly by God and thus interpreted and not literally taken.
The problem is: who decides what passages should be interpreted and which ones should be taken literally? And with which method? Should they be interpreted when they sound strange or uncomfortable ? And who decides why and when they sound strange or uncomfortable?

The real issue is that until now the Bible was interpreted by people whose purposes, sincere or not, were to give the text a spiritual content the Bible probably never had, thus their translations were “polluted” from the very beginning by this kind of approach.
He took for his own books the Masoretic Bible, which is the official version on which three of the major monotheistic religions, Christian, Muslim and Jewish, are based on. Besides, he based his philological work on mainstream Jewish and American rabbis works published in the USA. By doing that, no one could say he had chosen the text or the analysis that would most comfortably fit his own opinions. In my eyes, this is what makes Mr. Biglino's work really special and something that should be read with an open mind.

The Bible has influenced the culture and way of living of most people on Earth for centuries and still does. That's why a deeper understanding of what really the Bible says is a fundamental knowledge and conquer we all should strive to. The misuse of his contents has been taken as a pretext for wars, tortures, moral pressures of any kind.
It should be in the interest of humanity to discover if we really were told us the truth.

Mr. Biglino has the highest respect for the people who believe in Gad and its not his intention to bless anyone's belief. He doesn't speak about God, because he doesn't know anything about Him.
As he at any conference states: “God existence does not depend on the Bible: if what I tell is true, the person of faith could consider aliens as God's children that are part of the Divine Project . The Bible would then simply tell the story of their interaction with humanity and , as such, would keep its importance untouched.
Faith is a personal choice that shouldn't be criticized nor questioned.”

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I found for you the link of Biglino's ibooks
www.holy-bible-aliens.com...

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join