It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired Vatican Hebrew Translator exposes the OT for what it is in his LITERAL translation of the Hebr

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sitchin 2.0.

That's not to say there aren't mysteries in the Bible, but so far Biglino's assertions are guesserolgy without much backing, it seems, from the scholarly or Jewish traditions.

Whereas my reading of the Bible reveals a inner-consistency that would be hard pressed to have stemmed solely from the mind of man alone through doctored translations.

If that's not true for you, I have no real problem with that. But I will say that I find the following claim the Bible makes about itself to be not only preternatural but testable:

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.(Heb 4:12)

And speaking of both Sitchin and Spirituality, it seems that somewhere along the way:

...However, when I personally interviewed Sitchin in Washington DC in 1995, his point-blank answer to the question of the genesis of the Anunnaki on their planet was "evolution."..

...Yet, with the writing of his last book in the Earth Chronicles series, Sitchin’s thinking had slowly evolved from this idea that the Anunnaki were products of evolution on their planet.

As he later began to explain it, the Anunnaki were "emissaries" of God. By the time he met Monsignor Balducci earlier this year, Sitchin had long made room for the possibility that the Anunnaki were carrying out "the Almighty God’s wishes and plans," and did not merely "come here for selfish reasons and to fashion us because they needed workers." We must wonder what has caused Sitchin’s change of heart.

As Balducci has argued,
"If such extraterrestrials were so involved, even by your own interpretation they had to do with Man’s physics, body and rationality; but God alone had to do with the Soul!"

Sitchin’s second book, which deals with
"Man’s aspiration to ascend the heavens," is titled The Stairway to Heaven. Sitchin ended his conversation with Msgr. Balducci by saying,

"it seems to me that we are ascending the same stairway to heaven, though from different steps."
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

We all have to choose sides methinks. May we all choose carefully.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Besides, you can find Mr. Biglino's named as a translator here: www.aseq.it...
and here: www.aseq.it...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I watched them all. Very interesting. Heard it all before! He pulls the audience in at the begining. Once he has them enthralled with some translations, he then brings in the Annunaki and spaceships. He stops talking about the translations, and goes into a full blown alien discussion. At this point I was thinking, "I guarantee he eventually starts to discredit Jesus Christ". Wow was I right. Midway thru his lecture he does a 180 and stops talikng about what the lecture was about in the first place. In my opinion he loses points on his integrity!! I have been studying religion, aliens, and secert socities since I was 13. What he said and does is no different from what I have seen before.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by scary
The point is that NO ONE can surmise what the original transcriber meant when he wrote the consonants and NO ONE is qualified to insert vowels and punctuation unless they were the original writer. The only responsible way to translate the MMS is to translate it as it stands using only the consonants. As Mauro explains you can change the meaning of each and every symbol by using different vowels and punctuation and no one should do that as no one can know anything more as fact other than what was actually written. WHO are the supreme ones? (PLURAL).

Stuff like the destruction of the Library of Alexandria doesn't just coincide with Murphy's Law.

Maybe all them books had corroborating evidence?

We are forced to utilize our own discernment...or have a favorite flavor of kool-aid.

But we can use the sense that god gave us heehee!

Does it make more sense for instance...from Vid 2...that humans were declared badevil by their creator because a snake convinced Eve to eat and share and apple so they were thrown out of paradise...

OR a couple of slaves that have been made for a purpose and cared for like a valuable assets want freedom...they are told go ahead but you know that means you can't stay among the other slaves that we take care of, feed and ease their pain..including childbirth...you must move along and fend for yourselves then...go!
Like all slave that are freed they find life hard on their own until they get their bearings and accept the pain and responsibility that comes with it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
I watched this video with interest. Unfortunately it is difficult to understand because it is in Italian. The English translation is not reliable and it has obviously been changed a few times because of difficulties with the original translation, thus attesting to its unreliability and that the account is fictional.

I tried to understand what he was saying from some of the words he used, which are odd, even for an Italian. I think there would be multiple different ways to view what he is saying, and scholars and translators are likely to disagree.

* Hebrew cannot be understood correctly without vowels and spaces between words
* He has understood the Hebrew by removing the vowels and spaces which he contends were added later
* He claims that at the time of the Merolvignians and Carolingians there was a discussion about how the Hebrew text should be divided and how vowels should be added
* He believes that the word divisions and vowels should be ignored and instead the meaningless stream of consonants hold the secret to what the Bible actually meant
* He thinks that the Torah wasn't originally written in Hebrew
* He compares Hebrew words (here he inserts the usual vowels and word divisions) with ancient Sumerian words which he conjectures might have been closer to the original language
* He looks at pictograms of the Sumerian language for inspiration as to what the conjectured Sumerian sounds related to the Hebrew words might have included in their meaning
* He repeats the well-known fact that Ruach (translated Spirit) also means breath (particularly the fast moving of air when one exhales) and "wind"
* He conjectures that Ruach is related to the pictograms for Ru and Ah in Sumerian which look like a mouth/lips and water or wind
* He implies that the first pictogram looks like a UFO and the second like water
* He recalls the usual translation of the Hebrew which states that the Spirit of God hovered over the waters
* He disputes this translation and thinks that it means something else because it was not originally written in Hebrew
* He alludes to some comments in the vatican library (context not clear) which refer to UFOs, space planes and the like

From the very sketchy details in his admittedly difficult Italian I think the main message he is trying to get across is that God is an alien from outer space who came down to earth in his space plane and it blew by some Sumerians who drew pictures of it and came up with sounds that corresponded to that image and the sound of the rush of wind from the craft. Then the Hebrew language developed (though independently of Sumerian which he claims it is not related to) and the sounds appear more or less intact even without vowels in some Hebrew words translated from ancient Sumerian and recorded in the Torah. This was misinterpreted by all schools of scholars until he came along and put it all together, thus proving that the Vatican is covering up that God is an ET. The Vatican fired him and are embarrassed that his name already appeared on a book with a prominent scholar.

From this I conclude that the guy is a kook and in dire need of a history lesson and some instruction in rational thought. Nothing about his "translation" sheds any light on what the Bible actually means, as there is no mention of space planes, ET's or anything else of that nature for the entire 1500 years over which it was written.

Of course, this is my interpretation of what is admittedly a very difficult passage in Italian and I freely admit I could be wrong. He may actually be a lunatic off his meds and a pseudoscientific self-proclaimed "scholar".
edit on 20-1-2012 by XtraTL because: added parenthetical thought

edit on 20-1-2012 by XtraTL because: another parenthetical comment for clarity

I think that you did not understand at all. Go is not an ET, Elohim were aliens, arrived on earth, created the man. Do you know the documentary "Red Planet" about the NASA progect to create life on Mars? If we still have a progect like this, just imagine what will do in 100, 330 years.... Do you know Cargo Cult? Check it out in internet... There is nothink to laught at! I findit is much more hard to belive the existance of a GOD, that like a little farie with her magic create all... in 6 days... ths is funny! Open your eyes, it is time to....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

did he suggest space smells like burnt meat?
___
nevermind, started 4 and he explains (sort of) the smell in a pod. ok..no barbecue space smell...pity really, space would make me hungry.

According to the astronauts, the Moon smells like spent gunpowder, if you can imagine that. Not burnt meat, but not a particularly pleasant smell, either.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Thanks!

It's at 11:14 in the video in the OP.

Thanks
Yes, it does look similar to that Turkey UFO! Not sure if that was debunked but either way, it definitely looks like a craft.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stesepu

Welcome to ATS.

Thanks for sharing your information. I find all of this fascinating.

I like your statements:

*** God's existence does not depend on the Bible
*** Faith is a personal choice that shouldn't be criticized nor questioned

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I already anwered this a couple pages ago but i will say it again because you must have missed it.

Pope Pius X was quoted saying "The Pope is the human representative of Christ on earth and he is Christ himself", none of the Popes since him refuted that statement. The fact that no other Popes refuted this means they are in accord with it as they all know about it and it is in their history, else i wouldn't have been able to find it.

I'm truly not trying to be rude here, but you saying that without providing sources (original) is pretty much useless.

It's the equivalent of me saying that the Dalai Lama said "Chicken burritos are a divine culinary passage to enlightenment".

If you can let us know where and when it was stated we would have something to discuss. And you might want to go deeper than sources like Remnant of God, Amazing Discoveries or other anti-Catholic sites. Find the original source and check to see if it says what you've been told it says.

Eric

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I'm sorry, I stopped readin after...

....Whereas my reading of the Bible reveals a inner-consistency....

Go back a page, and read the post 2nd from the bottom where the translator of that video has joined the discussion! HERE

edit on 1/20/2012 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by SaturnFX

did he suggest space smells like burnt meat?
___
nevermind, started 4 and he explains (sort of) the smell in a pod. ok..no barbecue space smell...pity really, space would make me hungry.

According to the astronauts, the Moon smells like spent gunpowder, if you can imagine that. Not burnt meat, but not a particularly pleasant smell, either.

stronats say that smell of spece is like burned meat, check it out
www.popsci.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by scary
He translated the accepted MMS from all three Abrahamic religions using ONLY the consonants as it was written and without injecting punctuation (not written with it) and vowels,

What is/are "MMS?" How do you translate Hebrew without inserting vowels? The language had vowels, you know, they didn't go around clicking consonants and glottal stops at each other all day. You have to insert vowels into the written language to translate it. You said "all three Abrahamic religions" used only consonants in their writing ... but I've seen the Greek New Testament, and I'm pretty sure it has written vowels, too. I recall something about an Alpha and an Omega. What's up with that? Is Christianity no longer an Abrahamic religion?
on 19-1-2012 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

You need to look at the following link to get a better understanding of the meaning of each character.
Each one represents much more than a sound.

www.inner.org...

Also this one:
looklex.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Huh, well that was interesting. The smell of burnt meat produces endorphins? Not for me. When astronauts take off their space suits in space, their dna produces the smell of burnt meat.

I've always imagined the huge array of fossils found in Africa were rejects, lol. Trying to produce that perfect form.

I think just from reading about two of Aaron's sons being killed by getting too close to god was strange, and Moses had to protect himself behind some rocks.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

So I see you're big on Sitchin and a few other subjects that a lot of folk consider 'nutz' just as that same applies to my own beliefs.

But you should of read further as the bottom part of my post reveals some interesting assertions about Sitchin that seems to indicate a radical--and significant--change in his thinking.

As the last line in the following exchange between Zechariah Sitchin and Father Balducci suggests, "it seems to me that we are ascending the same stairway to heaven, though from different steps."

...However, when I personally interviewed Sitchin in Washington DC in 1995, his point-blank answer to the question of the genesis of the Anunnaki on their planet was "evolution."..

...Yet, with the writing of his last book in the Earth Chronicles series, Sitchin’s thinking had slowly evolved from this idea that the Anunnaki were products of evolution on their planet.

As he later began to explain it, the Anunnaki were "emissaries" of God. By the time he met Monsignor Balducci earlier this year, Sitchin had long made room for the possibility that the Anunnaki were carrying out "the Almighty God’s wishes and plans," and did not merely "come here for selfish reasons and to fashion us because they needed workers."

We must wonder what has caused Sitchin’s change of heart.

As Balducci has argued, "If such extraterrestrials were so involved, even by your own interpretation they had to do with Man’s physics, body and rationality; but God alone had to do with the Soul!"

Sitchin’s second book, which deals with
"Man’s aspiration to ascend the heavens," is titled The Stairway to Heaven. Sitchin ended his conversation with Msgr. Balducci by saying,

"it seems to me that we are ascending the same stairway to heaven, though from different steps."
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Sitchin says they were "emissaries" of God (Angels are just that, btw) Don't you find that interesting...and intriguing?
edit on 20-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Did the Pope claim to be Jresus? when what did he say? Please i had not heard this, i thought he claims the only one who jesus communicates with on earth? thanks

The Pope claims neither.

Eric

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stesepu

Welcome to ATS! I wonder if you can recall for me the picture in the wheels section, one I could not make out, the one he was pointing to that people rode like a horse? Am I correct in guessing it was a motorcycle with a sidecar? Is there an online URL picture of it you can refer me to? Thank you in advance.

I am also wondering if there is a missing part somewhere that connects the section about Moses standing behind rocks and getting his face burned by something like from a microwave (I can follow that one) but not the next one where his sons get burnt preparing offerings and killed in their tent. The logical leap for me would be to think that they kept a flying craft in their tent, which I know is ludicrous. So I obviously missed some point he was trying to make. Can you (or someone) clue me in?

Enjoying this thread, OP, except for the demeaning comments.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I saw you post that, it is interesting that Sitchin's beliefs evolved over time. I wonder whether it was through fear of God or whether he had a life changing experience which made him believe... It would be really cool to find out some more info about this.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I 'read' four episodes, all subtitles, thats enough for me! I came away thinking......too vague, I don't know, it started to leave me thinking it was less than truthful. I'm not gonn'a watch all those episodes, and their difficult to read at that, and blaze by too quickly for comfortable reading, and I read a lot. I don't think he's translating this stuff right, at about the time of Moses, it gets real weird. I'm not buying this bunch of videos sorry.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Excellent post OP. Videos are profound and I only wish I understood Italian to learn more. The information sheds light on understanding the bible as we know it today. I've read it a dozen times and clearly see the OT as a history of a people from their perspective. I got away from dogma years ago but you are going to continually run up against dissent from those trapped in their lenses of belief and limited understanding.

If a person can't answer for themselves the nearly impossible question of "What is my own flat-earth theory (or belief)?", they will never fully be able to comprehend the mysteries of this place and the universe we're in.

S&F OP, keep up the good work and thank you for posting this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Just because you can find one website on google that claims the Pope said he is Jesus doesn't mean it's true. You really should not believe everything you read. Actually, you should question everything you read.

You might want to know you're talking smack about people who believe in the same God you do. Do you think Jesus likes that???

Here's a website that made shed a little light on this:

forums.catholic.com...

No where in the Catechism of the Catholic Church is this concept even considered.

edit on 1/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: added something

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join